Captain America vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
In zero gravity!

In a 50x50x50 metre adamantium room.
Captain America starts in the centre of the room.
Superman starts in a corner.

Superman is made frictionless. He can only fly at the speed of light and can only move in straight lines. If he touches the shield he has to go back to the wall.

A bell rings. The fight starts.

How long does Captain America last?

guy222
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
In zero gravity!

Superman is made frictionless. He can only fly at the speed of light and can only move in straight lines. If he touches the shield he has to go back to the wall.

Capt

Alfheim
thats right go off and sulk

xmarksthespot
I thought you were the clinically depressed one?

I'm just looking for the answer to a question.

Metalmanx
In zero gravity!

...hysterical hysterical hysterical

Alfheim
I thought you were the clinically depressed one?

I'm just looking for the answer to a question.

Well what part of comic book physics are different to real world physics dont you understand?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well what part of comic book physics are different to real world physics dont you understand? What part of "How long does Captain America last?" don't you understand.

Simple question.

I mean he dodges lasers in zero gravity, Superman wouldn't get a hit in, huh?

Alfheim
What part of "How long does Captain America last?" don't you understand.

Simple question.

I mean he dodges lasers in zero gravity, Superman wouldn't get a hit in, huh?

Your just taking things out of context im just saying zer gravity is different in comics. Im not saying that he can backflip in zro gravity. How come characters dont time travel when they hit light speed?

Why is Bullseye able to use a toothpick to kill somebody from a hundred yards through glass. That should all be BS too you as well.

xmarksthespot
Your just taking things out of context im just saying zer gravity is different in comics. Im not saying that he can backflip in zro gravity. How come characters dont time travel when they hit light speed?

Why is Bullseye able to use a toothpick to kill somebody from a hundred yards through glass. That should all be BS too you as well. Not really asking about time travel or Bullseye. The characters in question are Captain America and Superman.

But thanks for playing.

Rick/Genis
Spite.... reported (Okay, not really reported but spite nonetheless)

jinzin
captain america can't win but superman only wishes he could even touch capt SO THERE! mad

Metalmanx

Why is Bullseye able to use a toothpick to kill somebody from a hundred yards through glass. That should all be BS too you as well.

Only problem with your logic is that Bullseye, for example, has been shown to do absurd things like this on a constant basis. Cap has dodged lasers in zero gravity...ONCE.

Why Silver Surfer doesn't time travel when he hits light speed? Oh, I dunno. Maybe he just chooses not to? I mean, he wields the POWER COSMIC. I think it's a fair assumption that he just wills himself to not travel through time, and instead just travel at insane speeds.

That's really not much of a stretch.

juggernaut66666
Can I ask that which thread lead to this?

Edit:Nevermind I found it.

xmarksthespot
Cap vs Lasers in zero gravity. Meaning he's untouchable to Wolverine and Spider-Man and Superman etc.Originally posted by jinzin
captain america can't win but superman only wishes he could even touch capt SO THERE! mad I always suspected Lois was just a beard.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Steve Rogers last a long time.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Steve Rogers last a long time. How long is a long time? Minutes? Hours? Days. I pick days.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Only problem with your logic is that Bullseye, for example, has been shown to do absurd things like this on a constant basis. Cap has dodged lasers in zero gravity...ONCE.

Thats not the point it shouldnt be possible period. Its not about the characters ability its about the laws of physic.

Originally posted by Metalmanx

Why Silver Surfer doesn't time travel when he hits light speed? Oh, I dunno. Maybe he just chooses not to? I mean, he wields the POWER COSMIC. I think it's a fair assumption that he just wills himself to not travel through time, and instead just travel at insane speeds.

That's really not much of a stretch.

How they hell do you know that did he tell you. At any rate im not just talking about SS im talking about speed in general there are many advnetures were you so people traveeling at light speed in vehicles but they never time travel.

At least you actually bothered to address my points.

Alfheim
Cap vs Lasers in zero gravity. Meaning he's untouchable to Wolverine and Spider-Man and Superman etc.

Did I say that though?

LordFear
how can you fight in zero gravity?

Alfheim
how can you travel at the speedof light and not time travel.

Symmetric Chaos
Superman is made frictionless.

Gah . . .

Is there an actual reason for that?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Gah . . .

Is there an actual reason for that? You, sir, have a dirty dirty mind.

To clarify, this isn't a fight because that would just be mean. It's a game of tag.

Alfheim
You, sir, have a dirty dirty mind.

To clarify, this isn't a fight because that would just be mean. It's a game of tag.

Yeah thats great.

how can you travel at the speedof light and not time travel.

Dont worry they will close the thread soon and you would have escaped answering the question. Doesnt matter though i'll just keep asking.

xmarksthespot
What exactly has your question to do with mine? Do elaborate.

Characters travel at light speed even though anything with mass traveling at c would require infinite energy iirc. They don't time travel - which is an unproven assumption of what would actually happen anyway. And? These are things that are different within comic books with regards to physical laws. The characters often have cosmically granted powers, speedforce, magic and so on. There is extenuating reasoning.

You say "physics is different in comics" therefore Captain America dodging lasers in zero gravity isn't bullshit. You fail to grasp that even in the realms of "comic book physics" it's stupid. What exactly is different about "comic book physics" that would allow someone to dodge lasers in zero gravity fired at them in zero gravity? Do tell. Were they magic lasers that travel very slowly? Were they programmed by a retard so that they aim badly?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.