Thanos v.s Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redatom65
this has been done before and it didn't show up to my disbelief. Both characters at their peak no jobbing. Who wins?

King_Mungi
Search engine, exact thread was made just a few days ago. No need for another

guy222
Originally posted by Redatom65
this has been done before and it didn't show up to my disbelief. Both characters at their peak no jobbing. Who wins?

Thanos is back. Bye Bye DS

King_Mungi
So what? When he was alive he didn't have nearly as impressive feats as DS.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by King_Mungi

Are we talking non-suck DS or the one that jobs out to Superman (the one I've named Loeb Darkseid)

Ethereal
Darkseid becuz he has the word "dark" in his name.

guy222

thanos w/ig, thanos w/hoti. darkseid had the anti life equation

to me, they always come up short

King_Mungi
Originally posted by guy222
thanos w/ig, thanos w/hoti. darkseid had the anti life equation

to me, they always come up short

*sigh* DS never needed powerups to be over Thanos, while Thanos needed them. Correction DS HAS the anti-life equation.

guy222
*sigh* DS never needed powerups to be over Thanos, while Thanos needed them. Correction DS HAS the anti-life equation.

Thanks for the tip. Thanos/DS, it seems to me always have power but easily defeated.

Didn't Orion beat his dad numerous times? What's the most impressive feat for DS? Just asking. Correct me if I am wrong, Thanos is based on Darkseid smile

King_Mungi
Originally posted by guy222
Thanks for the tip. Thanos/DS, it seems to me always have power but easily defeated.

Didn't Orion beat his dad numerous times? What's the most impressive feat for DS? Just asking. Correct me if I am wrong, Thanos is based on Darkseid smile

Actually no, all of DS's loses are a stated fact to be avatars not the true DS. If you want to go that route, Thanos got defeated and handcuffed by regular police when Spider-Man and Hellcat dealt with him. This is non-jobbing DS and Thanos

Ummm...*points to Darkseid respect thread* One feat DS mind controls over 3 billion Daxamites (Superman level race), while at the same time teleported an entire planet all in a second. He kills patheon of gods like it's his job...and it is

Accel
IIRC Thanos getting arrested by the police wasn't really in continuity. I think that was a Hostess ad or something.

guy222
Actually no, all of DS's loses are a stated fact to be avatars not the true DS. If you want to go that route, Thanos got defeated and handcuffed by regular police when Spider-Man and Hellcat dealt with him. This is non-jobbing DS and Thanos

Ummm...*points to Darkseid respect thread* One feat DS mind controls over 3 billion Daxamites (Superman level race), while at the same time teleported an entire planet all in a second. He kills patheon of gods like it's his job...and it is

That's impressive.

Jax_Jax
its more than impressive,

darkseid , to me anyway, has always seemed to be the stronger char.

i mean sure thanos has done some pretty impressive things, but most of them is when he retains some uber crazy rare item. like when he when toe to toe with LT,. thats F'n insane!! but he did it with the heart of the universe. Darkseid has always done things himself, and just when you think someone beat him, you find out it was an avatar with only a fraction of the real DS' power.

I still say darkseid takes it 8/10
9/10

DevilGoblin
Actually no, all of DS's loses are a stated fact to be avatars not the true DS

No, that the biggest lie that Darkseid's fans tell each other not to admit a clear defeat of their favourite char.

Doomsday b-e-a-t him badly in an embarassing manner. I read again Hunter /Pray, a lot of times in the comic it has been said that Darkseid himself has been beaten. It does not talk about avatars.

Darkseid biased fans put this in mind: Doomsday destroyed Darkseid. Lies and excuses won't chance what in comics is printed. And he was not an avatar for Crist's Sake. In comics tons of time has been stated that that was the real lord of Apokolips.

The truth hurts evil face

King_Mungi
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
No, that the biggest lie that Darkseid's fans tell each other not to admit a clear defeat of their favourite char.

Doomsday b-e-a-t him badly in an embarassing manner. I read again Hunter /Pray, a lot of times in the comic it has been said that Darkseid himself has been beaten. It does not talk about avatars.

Darkseid biased fans put this in mind: Doomsday destroyed Darkseid. Lies and excuses won't chance what in comics is printed. And he was not an avatar for Crist's Sake. In comics tons of time has been stated that that was the real lord of Apokolips.

The truth hurts evil face

No that's what was stated in comics, wait arn't you the person that said Hulk could take Galactus? Also since you say comics state it tons of time it was the real Darkseid, you want to provide evidence then?

Hulk got beat by electrified net, the truth hurts.

h1a8
Read this (powers and abilities)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkseid#Powers_and_abilities
and
http://www.dcdatabaseproject.com/Darkseid#Powers

and Read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos#Powers_and_abilities

Compare

Personally I think DS wins. He overpowered Eritgan demon who hit Superman to the moon. The OE can pass through any barrier, time, space, and dimension. The only reason Doomsday survived the OE was either because he is immune to all energy projection (as DC tried to explain) due to his death or its because he instantaneously adapted to it on the fly when it struck him (evolved to tap energy from the source to be protected). The second reason is scary.

Superman survived it because it was shown that he was protected by God (the source), meaning God has a purpose for him.

So all in all, I don't think Thanos survives the OE (unless God has a purpose for him and thus protects him).'
I mean Galactus almost killed him with his blasts alone. Just my opinion.

Thanos_THOTU
The Omega beam would be Darkseid's move.

However, Thanos is immortal, mistress Death wont take him.
And Thanos have only been knocked out by Squirel Girl.
- Galactus have never blacked him out, neiter have any other cosmic.

Thanos kicks Silver Surfer's ass everytime they fight.

Superman wins over Darkseid 50%.

And Silver Surfer is more powerful than Superman.

dvampire
DS wins. OE takes it.

Kutulu
Originally posted by dvampire
DS wins. OE takes it.

Doomsday survived the OE, on erase mode. The OE is not unstoppable. Doomsday wasn't even essential to the universe. Superman has also deflected the OE with heat vision, and withstood it directly.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Kutulu
Superman has also deflected the OE with heat vision,

Which was pure PIS writing.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Which was pure PIS writing.

Don't blame me, blame the writers. If it was only once that the OE was withstood, then it would be PIS. Superman has survived it direct and survived it through deflection, and to top it off, Doomsday survived it directly (was hurt from it, but survived). That's no longer PIS, that's now in the realm that the OE has limits on who it can disintigrate.

Kurash
full blast OE takes down Thanos, i think theyre pretty equal for the most part, but original non jobbin DS is stronger imo

Thanos_THOTU
Thanos is immortal and have only been knocked down by Squirrel Girl.

Redatom65
I checked, THanos had a cosmic thread in the thread :-/

nvrbeenwthagirl
THis has been done to death. Everyone knows DS is far more powerful than Thanos.

Redatom65
ha, you'd be surprised

h1a8
Originally posted by Kutulu
Doomsday survived the OE, on erase mode. The OE is not unstoppable. Doomsday wasn't even essential to the universe. Superman has also deflected the OE with heat vision, and withstood it directly.

Doomsday had either evolved an energy aura (as we seen against the Radiant) to prevent the OE from getting him or he instantly evolved to draw energy from the Source to prevent his erasure. Either of these are feasible.
The erasing OE, by definition, only effects physical material things (not energy). That is why it can be deflected by HV or any other strong energy source. But if it comes in contact with a material substance then it completely erases that material substance.

And know that the power of the Source (which is in the OE) is far greater than Death's curse. For God (the Presence) can overide any curse by mere abstract beings.
Now Thanos might be immortal but that has nothing to do with him being erased (or sent to oblivion-limbo). Death and Oblivion are opposites (not the same). Thanos would still be alive in limbo until Darkseid calls him back with the OE (whenever he decides to).

TricksterPriest
Given the crazy evidence Draco presented in the DS vs. DD thread, I'd say Thanos is severely outclassed. An avatar is a close fight, minus the Omega effect. Which may or may not work in Marvel......

Anyway, DS at his full power obliterates Thanos. I'm not sure if DS can override death's curse, but at the very least he'd be able to incapacitate or KO Thanos enough to give him the win.

Beta Ray Howard
Read the retort I just posted in the area where Draco posted.

You need to take in ALL the facts, not just what's posted by the fans.

Gamesmaster
You wish to know who would win at their peak. Well, I am not familiar with Darkseid's peak. However, Thanos' peak probably occured when he obtained the Heart of the Universe. Wikipedia has this to say:

The artifact makes Thanos a part of everything, and able to absorb the entire universe - even the cosmic entities Eternity, Infinity and the Living Tribunal. After literally ending the universe, Adam Warlock (who exists outside the space-time continuum) explains to Thanos that the constant resurrection of beings has caused an impurity in the old universe that only he can fix. Thanos then restarts the universe and sacrifices himself to fix the flaw.

Wikipedia also concisely states the artifact's power with the following:

The Heart of the Universe is the most powerful object in the entire Marvel Comics Universe, above that of the Cosmic cubes, the Great Powers of the Universe, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Living Tribunal itself.

Of course, Thanos turned up alive nonetheless, and it is unclear whether he or anyone else still has access to the artifact. Recently, it has been suggested by writer Keith Giffen that Thanos may become the new Death. If so, this also effects the outcome of a fight with Darkseid, as Death is capable of keeping the soul outside of her realm and hence, the soul continuously restructures matter to re-form a body.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.