Best Quentin Tarantino Related Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rockycairns
what do you think is the best Tarantino related film

ToMacco
From Dusk Til Dawn is literally one of the worst movies ever made.

The Core
Dialogue is terrible, but I enjoyed it. Commentary on that was a lot of fun, too.

DraconianDevil
You cant really say that Sin City was Tarantino, he only directed a small scene. But overall its a hard decision, all his films differ from each other. I would go either Reservoir or Pulp Fiction with Jackie Brown with an outside chance.

ToMacco
oh draconian devil
o lame saint

Solo
"Pulp Fiction" with "Jackie Brown" coming in a very close second.

manorastroman
resevoir dogs>jackie brown, even it is a rip off of city on fire.

SnakeEyes
Kill Bill (both volumes) for me. smokin'

EPIIIBITES
Where's the Mighty Peking Man??

- Reservoir Dogs

Kram3r
Reservoir Dogs.

bakerboy
Pulp fiction.

MildPossession
Reservoir Dogs for me.

Strangelove
QT actually disowned Natural Born Killers

I'd say Kill Bill, myself. Pulp Fiction was fantastic, but Kill Bill was a storytelling masterpiece

Myth
Originally posted by DraconianDevil
You cant really say that Sin City was Tarantino, he only directed a small scene. But overall its a hard decision, all his films differ from each other. I would go either Reservoir or Pulp Fiction with Jackie Brown with an outside chance.

I'm assuming thats why the thread starter said "related." He never claimed Tarantino was the director. I say Pulp btw.

Dusty
Reservoir Dogs

The Core
"Reservoir Dogs" on account of the dialogue alone. "Kill Bill" was cool, but the 2nd half was just too drastic a change from the first "chapter".

Impediment
Pulp Fiction, with Reservoir Dogs as a very, very close second.

sithsaber408
I voted Pulp Fiction, but it's a hard choice for me.

QT's first three are like the Starwars OT:

Resevoir Dogs= ANH
Pulp Fiction= Empire
Jackie Brown= Jedi

(So of course, though the first was awesome and original, and the third is equal in quality, characters, and enjoyability, it has to go to the second film in the set.)

Persoanlly, I love QT's PT.... Kill Bill. stick out tongue

But yeah, I'll say Pulp Fiction.

Lord Coal
Very difficult decision. I thought Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill v1 and True Romance were all fantastic.

I've gone for True Romance in the end, I can't explain why, I just love it.

I personally found Reservoir Dogs to be VERY disappointing, and Kill Bill v2 was nothing compared to the first, IMO.

Wolfie
Reservoir Dogs definitely.

T.M
I would say Reservoir Dogs with Pulp Fiction very, very close.

exanda kane
Pulp Fiction for me, probably because of the Jules character, Resevoir Dogs a close second.

I'm not a fan of Kill Bill, vol. 1 or 2, read like a glorified music video to my eyes smile

But then, I'm not a big fan of Tarantino, I think his subtle plaguerism should end so we can see him make his own material.

Bandito
Reservoir Dogs, as has been said several times, has some of the best dialogue ever. Pulp Fiction, I love Four rooms, but I think what made that movie was the different directors in each of the rooms. I also liked "Destiny Turns on the Radio", although QT was an actor in that and it was a rather plotless movie, I just dig Tarantino. So I want to say E, all of the above and more.

The Hawk
True Romance

Pulp Fiction/Resevoir Dogs

All the rest were mediocre.

Lord Shadow Z
Liking them equally Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown is good but I wouldn't consider it a favourite

I found Kill Bill to be very pointless hence the reason not to watch the second.

Solo
Originally posted by The Hawk
True Romance

Pulp Fiction/Resevoir Dogs

All the rest were mediocre.
Jackie Brown > Reservoir Dogs > True Romance

Jackie Brown is a masterpiece. Reservoir Dogs is great. True Romance was terrible.

Eis
Pulp Fiction is very good but overrated. Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs are both a lot better.

I rather liked True Romance though.

Edit: Who the **** voted for Four Rooms?

Vinny Valentine
Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction.

kiddo44
Pulp Fiction ftw.

=Tired Hiker=
Res Dogs just does it for me since there is never a dull moment in the film. Pulp comes in second with it's shocking twists and turns i.e. the gimp, drug overdose, and Marvin getting shot in the face. True Romance is gold, and I like both Kill Bills.

BackFire
I'm gonna be a rebel and say Duks till Dawn.

Rapscallion
why isn't Grindhouse on the list. That would be my number 2. Number 1 is still Pulp Fiction. After those two , there is a significant dropoff.

Solo
How long will it be until Grindhouse is split into Planet Terror and Death Proof on IMDB?

Pezmerga
Reservoir Dogs for me.

Cory Chaos
Originally posted by Rapscallion
why isn't Grindhouse on the list. That would be my number 2. Number 1 is still Pulp Fiction. After those two , there is a significant dropoff.

How did you arrive at your decision? I'll say that "Death Proof" was flat out embarassing when it comes to execution of his storied dialogue. Not only was the dialogue literally ANNOYING, the characters were made out of cardboard (save Kurt Russell who got the best deal), he forgot he was making schlock cinema and decided he was a new age David Mamet, and not to mention he's used that female empowerment to the point where it's no long effective or fun in his movies. It's like "I Spit On Your Grave" meets "Grand Theft Auto" or some shit.

It would have made all the difference in the world had he just substitued one of the 4 noticable lengthy diatribes with a little more Stuntman Mike...but no. Had to overindulge on that dykey black chick with a thing for cars and a stunt woman turned "actress".

My vote? "Reservoir Dogs". Supreme storytelling, dialogue, and a great cast.

Strangelove
why isn't Grindhouse on the list. That would be my number 2. Number 1 is still Pulp Fiction. After those two , there is a significant dropoff. It's not on the list because the thread was made before the movie came out. Plain and simple.

Myth
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
How did you arrive at your decision?

He said Grindhouse, not Death Proof. Grindhouse is the entire movie and Tarantino is linked to it.

Cory Chaos
Originally posted by Myth
He said Grindhouse, not Death Proof. Grindhouse is the entire movie and Tarantino is linked to it.

Just because he's "linked" to it, doesn't mean he gets credit for the entire thing. He gets his due for "Death Proof", the movie he wrote and directed. "Grindhouse" is nothing more than the name of an event. It's not a movie. It's tricky, because an event like this has never happened in mainstream cinema.

So, the question still stands, and if he were to answer that he chose "Grindhouse" because "Planet Terror" was awesome, then the answer is null and void because that wasn't a QT movie.

It's like trying to get laid because you say you're with the band...doesn't work that way.

Cory Chaos
Double post.

Myth
Look at the movies in the poll. They are not all 100% QT either. Death Proof was directed by QT, but the idea of Grindhouse altogether was still in part because of QT.

ladygrim
Reservoir Dogs

Cory Chaos
Look at the movies in the poll. They are not all 100% QT either. Death Proof was directed by QT, but the idea of Grindhouse altogether was still in part because of QT.

"Grindhouse" isn't a movie. It's as simple as that. "Planet Terror" doesn't belong. "Death Proof" would.

Strangelove
Grindhouse would actually fit in this thread. Because the title is "Best QT-related Film", not "Best QT Film"

Myth
It belongs more than 4 Rooms, Sin City, Natural Born Killers, True Romance, and From Dusk Till Dawn do.

teampac08
Pulp Fiction. Reservoir Dogs is pretty close too though.

manorastroman
death proof was super bad. that is all.

Cory Chaos
"Grindhouse" isn't a movie.

I want to make this PERFECTLY CLEAR.

Cory Chaos
It belongs more than 4 Rooms..

That is one actual movie with 4 segments, all with different directors.

Directed a segment.

He only wrote the movie...

Wrote it.

Wrote it.

I'm aware you probably knew all that, but like I said, "Grindhouse" isn't a movie. If you were to include it, you'd have to include Cannes, which was a festival, like "Grindhouse" that included his movie. "Sundance", which was an event screening more than one movie at atime, which included his work...and the list goes on and on.

"Grindhouse" isn't a QT related movie. All the above are, because "Grindhouse" is not a movie. It's the name of an event. A double feature. When the two are seperated in theatres, as planned, I'll be even more justified in my stance.

Can you sit there and tell me that "Grindhouse" is the title of a film, and be correct in doing so? No.

Dusty
That is one actual movie with 4 segments, all with different directors.

Directed a segment.

He only wrote the movie...

Wrote it.

Wrote it.

'Related', brah. Not 'Directed'.

Edit: Or are you aware of that and I'm just missing something?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Dusty

Edit: Or are you aware of that and I'm just missing something? You're missing something wink

Cory Chaos
Originally posted by Dusty

Edit: Or are you aware of that and I'm just missing something?

Missing something. Poll is for best "related" movie, "Grindhouse" isn't a movie. Simple as that. It was contested that the non-movie, "Grindhouse" belongs more in the list moreso than actual movies which he wrote and directed, which just stupid.

Rapscallion
"Grindhouse" isn't a movie. It's as simple as that. "Planet Terror" doesn't belong. "Death Proof" would.

when i said it i was referring not to one of the specific films but at the summation of all the different aspects of it as a whole, including trailers, ads, missing reels, and all. While he directed only one film, he was undeniably an immense creative influence on the collective cinematic experience.

Myth
Chaos - You can claim it wasn't a movie all you want, but it was released as a movie. Cannes and other festivals don't have the movies overlap like these did.

manorastroman
how can you possibly argue that grindhouse isn't a movie? it's billed, reviewed, and released as a movie. "grindhouse" is more tarantino than "four rooms", as he only directed one quarter of four rooms (by your logic, isn't four rooms "not a movie" as well?).

shitty logic, core.

Cory Chaos
when i said it i was referring not to one of the specific films but at the summation of all the different aspects of it as a whole, including trailers, ads, missing reels, and all. While he directed only one film, he was undeniably an immense creative influence on the collective cinematic experience.

All those unnecessary big words aside...influences aren't movies. "Grindhouse" isn't a movie, it's a double feature event.

- Film.com's C. Robert Cargill

Chaos - You can claim it wasn't a movie all you want, but it was released as a movie. Cannes and other festivals don't have the movies overlap like these did.

"Grindhouse" was released as an event. Just like when "10 Movies To Die For" was released, when they screened particular movies both in succession, and individually, as is the plan for "Grindhouse". The only difference is that that second option wasn't in the cards for the event when it was first released.

Originally posted by manorastroman
how can you possibly argue that grindhouse isn't a movie? it's billed, reviewed, and released as a movie. "grindhouse" is more tarantino than "four rooms", as he only directed one quarter of four rooms (by your logic, isn't four rooms "not a movie" as well?).

shitty logic, core.

Discerning movie goers know that "Grindhouse" isn't a movie. If it were a movie, where are the credits? Why are the other two movies titled? It's an event. This isn't "The Twilight Zone Movie" or some Landis feature with multiple parts.

"Four Rooms" is one movie with 4 seperate acts, incorperating 4 different directors for each, like I said before.

Myth
Well, think what you want.

Would you argue that QT had no part in the creation of Planet Terror?

Rapscallion
All those unnecessary big words aside...influences aren't movies. "Grindhouse" isn't a movie, it's a double feature event.

yeah you gotta watch out for those big three-sylable words like..."influence!" Those can be pretty tough to get. all sarcasm aside, the poll asked about "Tarantino related film". In other words.. Did he influence it... yes he did. whether or not it is a movie is irrelevant. i agree with you that it is an experience, but again the poll asked for film, not movie, and Grindhouse is, indeed produced on a medium that most people cal "film."

Myth
Here you go Chaos, straight from Tarantino's mouth:

"So the real reality is Robert did 'Planet Terror' and I did 'Death Proof' and then we did 'Grindhouse' and those are three different movies."

Cory Chaos
Done arguing my point. "Grindhouse" isn't a movie, even if the creator says so.

WrathfulDwarf
I guess...then Creepshow isn't a movie either....it's a bunch of separate films put into a single event...*spasm*

Grindhouse is film is presented as a double feature....that's it.

Bubble_O_Bill
to break the flow of conversation, Im gonna get back to the topic..

Kill Bill 2 > True Romance > Jackie Brown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.