Season 6 episode 6/16 entitled "Promise"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dan-El
Early, I know. But I believe this will be a big episode, and we should begin speculating now.

According to K-Site, this WILL be the Lex and Lana wedding episode. Also from K-Site:

UPDATED 2/2/07: Someone we have not seen on Smallville in a few years will be attending the Lex and Lana wedding and guest starring in the episode. Start guessing now...

AstroFan
98% chance its only Aunt Nell.

H. S. 6
Who was their other friend? Pete?

I'm guessing him.

Kal875
Yeah, I'm guessing Pete.

AstroFan
I doubt it, Pete hates Lex and doesnt really give a damn about Lana, so I cant see him going to the wedding. lol

I think Nell just because she is the only real guest Lana can have and because they just brought her up in Justice.

Kal875
yeah but why bring back someone that nobody cares about?

~JP~
It's Nell

Kal875
Is that your opinion, or a fact?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by AstroFan
I doubt it, Pete hates Lex and doesnt really give a damn about Lana, so I cant see him going to the wedding. lol

I think Nell just because she is the only real guest Lana can have and because they just brought her up in Justice.

Meh, forgot if Pete was friends with Lana or not.

I suppose it'll be Nell then.

Darkchoco
I guess Pete too

AstroFan
Originally posted by Kal875
yeah but why bring back someone that nobody cares about?

Aside from Justice how often does Smallville do what people actually want?

Since its Lana's wedding it only makes sense to have her show up, no matter if people like her or not. Lana is in almost every show and nobody likes her. lol

Entity
Originally posted by Darkchoco
I guess Pete too

Co-sign, Also it would be interesting to see him and Chloe talk about what its like not being able to talk to anyone about this. As well as seeing Clark able to hang out with a group of people that know rather than just the normal one at a time. IMO

Darkchoco
We only seen Nell in like 3 episodes

Entity
What if it turned out that Whitney didn't die?
Well since smallville is starting to be more and more like a damn soap oprea when it comes to Lana it would about make since! stick out tongue laughing

Darkchoco
That would be hilarious, Or it could be Tina the Lana Lover again xD

Dan-El
Oh God... Not again.

I'm sure it'll be Pete. I'd feel pretty damn good if it were Pete AND Aunt Nell, kinda like an reunion night or something. I'd love to see Pete and Clark at it one last time.

Oh, and Pete HAS to be majoring in political science, seeing as how he was President Luthor's Vice President in the comics

Entity
Originally posted by Dan-El
Oh God... Not again.

I'm sure it'll be Pete. I'd feel pretty damn good if it were Pete AND Aunt Nell, kinda like an reunion night or something. I'd love to see Pete and Clark at it one last time.

Oh, and Pete HAS to be majoring in political science, seeing as how he was President Luthor's Vice President in the comics

Would make sense for him to come back in during the wedding too. Seeing as how Lana eventually marries him instead of Clark or Lex.

aldisyoyo
what ever happened to pete?

~JP~
Couldnt handle the pressure of keeping Clarks secret so he moved to Wichita.

And I'm still going with Nell.

Darkchoco
Dude why would they do Nell, Shes like not important at all! No one wants her....I really want Pete on the show, and Some love interest between him and chloe, thats why the writers brok her and jimmy up...I hope. -Prays-

AstroFan
Its not supposed to some huge return, she is only there because its Lana's wedding.

Its Ksite's fault for making it seem like a bigger deal than it is.

Dan-El
I toss my five bucks in and say it's Pete. It really should be Pete.

AstroFan
This must be what Lex felt like in Static. no expression

Dan-El
Hey, I heard ya, I just really want it to be Pete!

~JP~
This just in from K-site.

."

Told ya pfft

Entity
Originally posted by ~JP~
This just in from K-site.

.Lana's aunt Nell (Sarah-Jane Redmond) is the one returning for the wedding episode, "Promise.""

Told ya pfft

Sonofa*****!

AstroFan
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dan-El
Well, there goes another one of my hopes, dashed to bits. At least I still have my Olsen Twins & Chocolate Pudding dreams!

Entity
Well, there goes another one of my hopes, dashed to bits. At least I still have my Olsen Twins & Chocolate Pudding dreams!

Back off! Mary Kate's all mine. cool stick out tongue

AstroFan

Good luck getting either one them near anything resembling food. stick out tongue

Kal875
Originally posted by AstroFan
Good luck getting either one them near anything resembling food. stick out tongue lmao

Colombiankilla
what the f-uck man whats Nell got to with anything thats bulls-h-it

Dan-El
Well, Nell IS Lana's Aunt

AstroFan
Originally posted by Colombiankilla
what the f-uck man whats Nell got to with anything thats bulls-h-it

Wanting to see her neice who was practically her daughter get married. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darkchoco
lmao It still should be pete stick out tongue

Dan-El
I agree. We need to see him at least once before all is said and done.

~JP~
You may get your wish. From K-site:

Kal875
Yeah!

Dan-El
Sounds good to me. Seeing as how they only have a season left and all, they had to do it.

Colombiankilla
Yeah nElls dumb Pete would be a good person to come back and it would reignite the team of Clark Chloe and Pete

Darkchoco
YAY PETEY IS COMING!!!!

Kordone
I think it could be Pete, but i'm surprised that nobody here has mention that Henry Small guy.

Entity
Originally posted by Kordone
I think it could be Pete, but i'm surprised that nobody here has mention that Henry Small guy.

Oh yea, wasn't he suppost to be her biological father?
Question: Does Lana or Pete know about Clark in comics now?

~JP~
Guys, it's been confirmed that it's Aunt Nell.

NoFate007
Yeah its Nell. It'd be cool if they added Pete, but they won't.

AstroFan
Originally posted by Colombiankilla
Yeah nElls dumb Pete would be a good person to come back and it would reignite the team of Clark Chloe and Pete

Something about this sentence makes me laugh. HA

Darkchoco
NO I said Petes coming Later on in the season!

Dan-El
Actually, it might not be this season. They want to bring him back for an episode eventually, but I'm guessing not till season 7.

Arachnid1
What is Jason or his mom come back? He was her Boy friend once. Remember the latest meteor shower? Maybe he c\got abilities, came back to life for lana, and finds out she's marrying lex. Pretty good plot for an episode. Happy Dance laughing

Darkchoco
No i dont remember the last metero shower......hmmm man that must of been so long ago.

Dan-El
You kidding? It happened between Season 4 and 5.

TKDemon
Originally posted by Kal875
lmao

Uh Kal875... sorry to burst your bubble man...

but Bart is not the Flash.

He's "Impulse" or later known as "Kid Flash".

Wally West is the main/original "Flash" and helps Bart control his metabolism while at the same time learning how to maximize his speed from Bart. When all three Flash's die off (yes there are 3), that is when Bart sheds the "Kid Flash" title and labels himself "Flash"...

but in every DC character guide he will always show up as "Impulse".

Because he's really not the "Flash".

Even in Smallville the Justice League gives him the code name "Impulse".

Kal875
Chum, I already know the history of The Flash, and There's a very good reason as to why I did not put Impulse on my sig. Ya see, I made it before the episode, and before I new it was definite that he would be called Impulse. And I would change it, but I did'nt save it correctly in photoshop and I would need to do the whole thing over again in order to fix it, which simple just is not worth it. But thanks for trying to help.

Colombiankilla
WoW this show is all about the twists

Dan-El
Originally posted by TKDemon
Uh Kal875... sorry to burst your bubble man...

but Bart is not the Flash.

He's "Impulse" or later known as "Kid Flash".

Wally West is the main/original "Flash" and helps Bart control his metabolism while at the same time learning how to maximize his speed from Bart. When all three Flash's die off (yes there are 3), that is when Bart sheds the "Kid Flash" title and labels himself "Flash"...

but in every DC character guide he will always show up as "Impulse".

Because he's really not the "Flash".

Even in Smallville the Justice League gives him the code name "Impulse".

Well, my ongoing argument is that Smallville's Impulse is actually a young Barry Allen. You see, his name's Bart, which, like Barry, is short for Bartholomew. Plus, the only reason that Bart was named Impulse was because Green Arrow chose the name for him.

So yeah, though there are similarities between Smallville Impulse and Comic's Impulse (now the Flash), they are probably not the same person.

Darkchoco
You kidding? It happened between Season 4 and 5.

I was being sarcastic laughing out loud

Entity
Well, my ongoing argument is that Smallville's Impulse is actually a young Barry Allen. You see, his name's Bart, which, like Barry, is short for Bartholomew. Plus, the only reason that Bart was named Impulse was because Green Arrow chose the name for him.

So yeah, though there are similarities between Smallville Impulse and Comic's Impulse (now the Flash), they are probably not the same person.

*Just walking away*... cool

Dan-El
Originally posted by Entity
*Just walking away*... cool
lol

~JP~
Meanwhile back to "Promise"

Official description

Whoa, Lionell steps in? I didnt see that one coming.

and trailer caps. Thnx to K-site for all

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/jedipriestess/Promise1.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/jedipriestess/Promise2.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/jedipriestess/Promise4.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/jedipriestess/Promise5.jpg

Darkchoco
Awesome Pics!

Amazon
Maybe Lionel will spill the beans on whats been done to Lana's baby. And for the love of god I hope Clark just tells Lana his secret already....... And not undo it by reversing the rotation of the sun haha. If he doesn't tell her I'll explode.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Amazon
Maybe Lionel will spill the beans on whats been done to Lana's baby. And for the love of god I hope Clark just tells Lana his secret already....... And not undo it by reversing the rotation of the sun haha. If he doesn't tell her I'll explode. Come on we all know he won't. Before the whole reverse time thing, he has attempted to tell her many times. He really should come out with it. If their loosely following the Superman movie than he doesn't have a lot of time left since once he enters the fortress, hes not seen for a few years.

Amazon
sad Nooo

Clark said he won't go to the fortress for training until all the zoners are put back where they came from or killed. How many zoners are left?

Maybe when he comes back from the fortress they'll have Smallville Justice league. rolling on floor laughing I'd love that.

Dan-El
Two zoners left. They'll be done by the end of the season.

Kal875
I read the Kryptonsite spoilers and it sounds like its going to be a very suspenseful episode!!!!!

Darkchoco
I like suspenseful!

~JP~
Promise stills thanks to Elegant Kristen and Allisonmackonline

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/616-resize03.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/616-resize02.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/616-resize01.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/jedipriestess/616-001.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/jedipriestess/616-004.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/jedipriestess/616-003.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/jedipriestess/616-002.jpg

Kal875
cool.

Kal875
cool

aldisyoyo
i just read on k-site........yucky lex and lana WILL get married in this ep. looks like clark wont come through.....

~JP~
2 Promise Director's Cuts:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/1005397

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/1005443

thnx to Jana at elegant-kristin.com

mrgav1
Am confused a thought you all new it was going to be Nell

~JP~
Yet another "Promise" trailer with new clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8OMswyVi6U&eurl=

Darkchoco
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
i just read on k-site........yucky lex and lana WILL get married in this ep. looks like clark wont come through.....

WOw thank you so much for spoiling it, Please put in a spoiler wall so you dont!!

Edit: Kryptonsite Does not Say this at all.

Kal875
I felt the same way bud, but I did'nt say anything because this is kinda the episode discussion thread. But I must agree do that spoiler thing next time,aldisyoyo.

Amazon
I watched that YouTube Clip... Did Clark seriously almost tell Lana his secret and she said NO!!!!!!!!! She told him not to tell her and that he should get out of there. AHHHH!!!! Where's the Lana sucks thread!
Seriously I wanna kick the crap out of her she's driving me insane.
*Breath
If she's going to be that stupid then maybe she should marry Lex.

~JP~
Well that wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The MB is definitely back.

Big Sexy
Lionel seemed out of character considering the various changes his character has taken since the beginning to now. Lex seemed to back step in character. At least Lana knows somewhat.

Amazon
Well at least Lana knows most of Clarks secret now. The wedding was actually pretty sad. It's like no one really wanted the wedding but they all painted on thier happy faces. And Lex has lost it.
I seriously wanted to kick Lionel in the nuts, however Lex probably would have comitted suicide if Lana hadn't married him. Especially with the doctor and everything. Which would have been to sad to even watch. I still have a soft spot for Lex even though he's becoming more and more of an evil bastard.
sad

allfg
Hasn't anyone on this forum noticed how whack the acting is in Smallville?

FistOfThe North
Smallvilles' acting is good.

Anyway, So Lana finally finds out, hu. I was at the edge of my seat, grasping my face like (wtf?) lol. It was a definete shocker since i don't read th spoliers in here

Kon-El
Yeah acting is very good!!!! Btw this was a very good episode full of twists and turns i kinda got lost at the begging but i got it soon enough. Tom's and Kristen's performance was outstanding i think the best in this season, because this was emotional episode both for Clark and Lana. As far as Lex is concerned he steped even deeper towards becoming real bad his first killing proves it. All in all very good episode great acting, so on scale from 1 to 10 i give it a solid 9.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Kon-El
Yeah acting is very good!!!! Btw this was a very good episode full of twists and turns i kinda got lost at the begging but i got it soon enough. Tom's and Kristen's performance was outstanding i think the best in this season, because this was emotional episode both for Clark and Lana. As far as Lex is concerned he steped even deeper towards becoming real bad his first killing proves it. All in all very good episode great acting, so on scale from 1 to 10 i give it a solid 9. I just didn't like the turn lionel took. We have seen his character progress towards the side of good for a while only to now revert completely to the way he was in the early seasons.

Entity
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I just didn't like the turn lionel took. We have seen his character progress towards the side of good for a while only to now revert completely to the way he was in the early seasons.

You never actually thought Lionel was good did you? All the good he's done and the changes he's made are for 3 reasons.

1. He is trying to manipulate Clark.
2. He's got a hard on for Martha Kent. (I think its a want what you can't have thing.)
3. I still think Jor-El is still subconsciously controlling him.

Even if Lionel tried to kill Clark and would be completely able to Jor-El would never allow it. stick out tongue

Kon-El
I agree with on that and Lionel has a hidden agenda and you remember when he told Lex that he doesnt know how to arrange a proper murder, so that means that he wasnt changed at all and he is behind all the strange dissappearences lately but there is more to come big grin

RedK
Who here could bloody murder lionel luther for destroying clarks chances with lana????

My knuckles were white by the end of that episode!
Oh and anyone that thinks the acting on smallville is bad, well then you should f*** off lol

Amazon
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I just didn't like the turn lionel took. We have seen his character progress towards the side of good for a while only to now revert completely to the way he was in the early seasons.

I agree, it was kind of strange, but not totally out of character for Lionel. In his mind he probably thought he was being a good father. Cause the truth is, if Lana had left Lex he probably would have committed suicide after killing Lana, and attempting to kill Clark. He's so desperate for love because he's never had it, that having it then losing it like that would just destroy him. It made me furious and so sad that Lionel forced Lana to marry Lex, but it would have been equally as sad if Lana hadn't. Only it would have been sad for Lex instead.

I do agree with Entity though that Lionel's change probably isn't genuine. He just knows for the moment he's out of his league with Jor-el and Clark so he's playing the good guy in order to get close enough to find out all the secrets.

I doubt Jor-el would ever let Lionel kill Clark, but Lana doesn't know that. She knows about Clark's powers but not that he's an alien.

That last episode left me with such an anxious feeling

darktim1
Yeah I was surprised when he told lana that maybe he was just trying to pretect clark because did'nt want her to know so much.

Badabing
Originally posted by ~JP~
Well that wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The MB is definitely back. I didn't mind the episode. BTW, awesome sig. cool

allofyousuckkk
is there a way that i can rewatch this? It isn't on youtube sad

Kal875
Lana knowing Clark's secret is stupid, What are they going to do w/ her character now?

~JP~
Real question is, does anyone care?

loserkids62206
hey i'm new here. i was crying a lot during this episode. i was disappointed in so many things though but i'll explain later when i have time

Amazon
It just all seemed so nightmarish to me. Like nothing was really real. I wasn't sure if what was happening was someone's dream or if it was real. To find out at the end that everything was real just made it all the more disturbing. Especially the part of Lex killing the doctor and washing the blood off his hands right before the wedding.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm dying to know what's up with the baby. What did he do to it?

Mairuzu
I Love my lana sad

Kal875
dots*cough* lana lover *cough* disgust chair paperbag1stupidshityucky

Mairuzu
sad

H. S. 6
Very good episode, I thought.

Lana had to save Clark now, by lying. Interesting twist.

Amazon
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Very good episode, I thought.

Lana had to save Clark now, by lying. Interesting twist.

No this is just another way for Lana to play the victim. God she makes me so maaad... miffed

MysteryRidah
I love this episode, watching clark fix the door while lana was watching , really showed how clark is. The part made me jump up and get hype, because he really looked like superman right there. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.