Flash vs Silver Surfer h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Out of curiosity.

I.e. Surfer is not allowed to use any of his energy based powers. Purely his physical abilities. He can however amp his physicality with the Power Cosmic. He's also "grounded" in that he's not allowed to fly more than 1 ft above ground level.

Likewise Flash (Wally) can not engage in any creative use of his Speedforce abilities, constructs, speed stealing etc. He can only use his physical abilities. Flash is given the Claw of Horus, and basic knowledge on how to use it as a physical tool.

On an empty planet the size of Jupiter with acceleration due to gravity of g. The physics on this planet is stranger still in that, despite it having an atmosphere, both combatants may travel at their maximal speeds on it.

golem370
If Flash is going to have trouble with Gorilla Grod then Flash isn't matching SS in battle.

dvampire
Flash beats the crap out of Surfer in this match.

Oh, and Grodd is only able to Flash because he has psychic powers.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Flash Turns surfer into a statue by stealing his speed and adding it to his own and owns surfer with a billion IMPS until that silver shell cracks.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Flash Turns surfer into a statue by stealing his speed and adding it to his own and owns surfer with a billion IMPS until that silver shell cracks. Someone didn't read the OP properly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Someone didn't read the OP properly.

IF surfer is amping himself physcially then what kind of fight is it to begin with? Your allowing surfer some amping and flash gets none? He can't even gel with the speed force to amp his speed if he can't use it creatively.

Soleran
I wouldn't think an IMP is a really creative way to use the Speed force but anyway.

This is a tricky one mostly due to durability I am going with SS however I think we can all agree he is craptastic in H2h combat.

Metalmanx
Flash for the win. At least in my opinion.

golem370
Can SS use his telepathic powers?

golem370
Silver Surfer body is strong enough to easily survive in a large sun he survive the cold of space. The ability to withstand hyperspeed.

Draco69
With the Claw of Horus and lightspeed IMP, he could possibly knock out SS.

Accel
Under these conditions, I can't see Flash losing.

golem370
Well could Flash defeat Superman in similar conditions?

Accel
Yeah, pretty much.

guy222
Out of curiosity.

I.e. Surfer is not allowed to use any of his energy based powers. Purely his physical abilities. He can however amp his physicality with the Power Cosmic. He's also "grounded" in that he's not allowed to fly more than 1 ft above ground level.

Likewise Flash (Wally) can not engage in any creative use of his Speedforce abilities, constructs, speed stealing etc. He can only use his physical abilities. Flash is given the Claw of Horus, and basic knowledge on how to use it as a physical tool.

On an empty planet the size of Jupiter with acceleration due to gravity of g. The physics on this planet is stranger still in that, despite it having an atmosphere, both combatants may travel at their maximal speeds on it.

norrin

Metalmanx
Originally posted by golem370
Well could Flash defeat Superman in similar conditions?

Flash would defeat Superman regardless.

HigH ScholaR
Flash Turns surfer into a statue by stealing his speed and adding it to his own and owns surfer with a billion IMPS until that silver shell cracks.

flash can't do that, and if he does ss wil just steal flash's energy that he stole form ss or is emitting naturally, or just amp himself back regaining his speed. thats if flash can even steal ss speed wihtout no PIS/CIS

Loot
Originally posted by Soleran

This is a tricky one mostly due to durability I am going with SS

i was thinking the same

Mindship
Surfer is not allowed to use any of his energy based powers. Purely his physical abilities. He can however amp his physicality with the Power Cosmic. He's also "grounded" in that he's not allowed to fly more than 1 ft above ground level.

Even if Surfer can amp himself to be faster (and this is debatable), Flash doesn't have to amp (at least not as much) and is more used to h2h superspeed fighting than Surfer. Plus, Flash is in possession of a weapon which took out Superman with one shot.

Gut reaction: Flash ftw.

Kutulu
IF surfer is amping himself physcially then what kind of fight is it to begin with? Your allowing surfer some amping and flash gets none? He can't even gel with the speed force to amp his speed if he can't use it creatively.

LOL arguing with the thread creator after ignoring the rules of the OP, then stating that he was wrong.

lamo

Surfer wins, of course.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Draco69
With the Claw of Horus and lightspeed IMP, he could possibly knock out SS.

Getting hit with the mass of the earth at lightspeed would be pretty serious. Although if his punch already has infinite mass how would the Claw of Horus increase it?

Kutulu
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Getting hit with the mass of the earth at lightspeed would be pretty serious. Although if his punch already has infinite mass how would the Claw of Horus increase it?

Careful or you might undermine the plausability of Flash's character. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Kutulu
Careful or you might undermine the plausability of Flash's character. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aw... sad

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Although if his punch already has infinite mass how would the Claw of Horus increase it?

We know from observation that IMP doesn't really hit with InfiniteMass.

Mindship
What I've always wondered about with the IMP is, if there's infinite mass, where's the infinite gravity? Why isn't Flash's fist a black hole? Because the speedforce protects him from relativistic effects? Then how does he get to infinite mass in the first place?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindship
What I've always wondered about with the IMP is, if there's infinite mass, where's the infinite gravity? Why isn't Flash's fist a black hole? Because the speedforce protects him from relativistic effects? Then how does he get to infinite mass in the first place?

We can say that the SpeedForce negates the black hole effect. The real problem is that a true IMP would have more power behind it than Eternity or by extention Galactus (full power).

Board Walker
Flash's control over kinetic energy far surpasses SS's control.

If Flash can manipulate the kenitic energy of a abstract level being, SS has no chance what so ever to out manipulate him.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
We know from observation that IMP doesn't really hit with InfiniteMass.

Yeah, I know. I was just tryin to blow some people's minds.

Anyway, it'd still be one hell of a shot.

Mindship
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
We can say that the SpeedForce negates the black hole effect.
But...but...but that would mean...that would mean the Speedforce can separate mass from gravity! *audibly gasps*

confused1 ............... disgust

Rather odd, I say, for a speed force.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindship
But...but...but that would mean...that would mean the Speedforce can separate mass from gravity! *audibly gasps*

confused1 ............... disgust

Rather odd, I say, for a speedforce.

A-Are you OK Mindship?

The speedforce is a CBLON (ComicBookLawOfNature) it can do whatever it wants. (It also happens to be its own dimension and a replacement for KE in DC)

complexbrother
SS all day.

thtadthtshldntb
The Silver Surfer is going to win this all day and any day.

I noticed in the OP, that both combatants are allowed their maximum travel speed in this. The Silver Surfer is one of the few characters whose maximum travel Speed dusts any post CoIE version of the wanky Speedfarce Flash.

Literally the Surfer can fly around the planet (1 foot off the ground )at hundreds of trillions of times the speed of light, probably more and Wally/Bart (whichever Flash is meant here) won't even perceive him move or be able to hit him.

long pig
Flash can't use an IMP if he isn't allowed to run thousands of miles and enter the speed force. You've got to remember, to Surfer, Flash appears to be the speed of a normal human, maybe slower.

Their speed cancels each other out, so it's down to strength, skill and durability. Surfer can amp higher than the glove can amp, he's not a great fighter but he's way more durable.

Eh, it could go either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.