Funniest film ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
In your opinion what is the funniest film ever made? If it's not on the list just pick 'other' and make sure you specify in your message which film you reckon as the most hilarious.

For me it's Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

vintageSW77
Freddie Got Fingered

underated

The Core
Other..Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup", however I did select "Airplane!" as it is my #2.

vintageSW77
**** i didnt see BORAT on the list

dirkdirden
Run Ronnie Run -- david cross is a god in that movie.

soin2cal
One of my most funniest was the my bean series and the one foot in the algarve movie=)

soin2cal
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Freddie Got Fingered

underated
I didnt find that so funnystick out tongue
But i prefer life event mvies, not the silly silly movies like american pie theyre annoying.

vintageSW77
any film where an elephant gets wanked off gets my vote

vintageSW77
**** multiple post **** up

Dusty
No 'Big Lebowski'?

Pity.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Dusty
No 'Big Lebowski'?

Pity.

Big Lebowski would be my number 3 movie. Run Ronny Run beats it because it is funny from start to finish and doesn't leave you time to breathe between laughing.

WrathfulDwarf
There is something about Mary.

Strangelove
This is an awful poll.

You can't have a limited poll on what the funniest movie ever is

manorastroman
there's something about mary improves mightily with age. everytime i see it, it gets a little funnier.

come on listmaker, there's tons of funny movies missing.

my top five:

wayne's world
dumb and dumber
billy madison
wet hot american summer
fargo (it's very funny...)

david wain has a new film he wrote/directed called "the ten", that might knock off billy madison or something when i see it.

Bardock42
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang made me laugh like no other movie in a long, long time.

Zoolander is always great.
Wedding Crashers almost killed me. Twice.

spidey-dude
i like meet the fockers better than meet the parents. they should make a 3rd movie. focker JR call it. cause gay lord got pam pregnant so they should keep the story going i guess.

Impediment
If I had to choose from this poll, it'd be either Airplane! or Month Python and the Holy Grail.

Foremost, I would choose A Night at the Opera (Marx. Bros.) and Blazing Saddles.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang made me laugh like no other movie in a long, long time.

Zoolander is always great.
Wedding Crashers almost killed me. Twice.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is good, but I didn't think it was all that and a bag of chips, girlfriend. As for the other two, snap-snap, I'm there with you, buddy. The bit when Will Farrell enters Wedding Crashers had me on the floor in the movie theatre. My ex-girlfriend thought I was retarded, and I guess I am.

A special mention must go to Dumb And Dumber, which is ridiculously good. As for The Big Lebowski, it's one of my favorite movies in the whole wide world.

Another mention should go to Super Troopers, which has an excellent opening 30 minutes.

PS. What the Fukuoka is up with your ridiculously girly signature, dude?

Sort it out before a brutha knocks it out, know wha' I'm sayin'?

EPIIIBITES
If I had to decide, I think the honour would have to go to Airplane! It's just so iconic.

Holy Grail, Anchorman, Blazing Saddles and Zoolander have all made me split a gut though.

laughing

-"Oh, I thought you were going to tell me what a bad eugoogalizor I am."

-"What?"

-"A eugoogalizor...one who speaks at funerals. Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?"

EPIIIBITES
American Pie?

T.M
Airplane! and Monty Python and the Holy Grail are the only films on that list that I liked.

vintageSW77
Wheres High Anxiety or Young Frankenstein????????

T.M
My favourite comedy movie is Monty Python's Life Of Brian.

.Dance_Inside.
I have so much History with 'Anchorman'
I'd have to say that that is my favourite out of that list.
but my favourite one is
'Elf'

Solo
There were comedies made before the 90s, you know. Caddyshack, for me.

Grimm22
The Wickerman big grin

SnakeEyes
Out of that list particularly, I picked Anchorman.

As for an actual "funniest film ever" I could hardly pick a single movie.

Myth
Its difficult to make a funniest 'ever,' but I must still say that those are pretty decent selections in my book (even though its closer to funniest of the last 10 approximate years minus Holy Grail and Airplane). Of those, I picked South Park but I'm probably bias seeing as I absolutely love anything South Park related.

vintageSW77
Team America is another good one

manorastroman
yeah, team america gets underrated because of all the meatheads that like it, but there's some subtle gold in there.

Lord Coal
Originally posted by manorastroman
come on listmaker, there's tons of funny movies missing.

Unfortunately there's only so manoptions available when making a poll. I'm not disputing that other films which I've left out, such as Team America, Blazing Saddles, Zoolander, There's Something About Mary, and so many more, are hilarious, there's just not enough options available, so there has to be casualties.

I did do my best to remedy this by putting 'Other' up there, so I'm not stopping anyone thinking outside the options if they want.

Anyway, Have fun...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
However, how could you actually choose to offer The 40 Year Old Virgin, Meet the Parents, and American Pie as legitmate options for the 'funniest film ever'!?!?!?!

That's funny in itself.

Hahaha, 'funny' in a thread about 'funny movies'...hahaha. I get it! It's my joke, and I get it! Hahaha!

vintageSW77
40 year old virgin is a pleasant chuckle

heres another one to throw in

SPINAL TAP

amity75
Raising Arizona always makes me laugh my pants off but as a young, stupid kid my favourite funny film was Kentucky Fried Movie.

manorastroman
spinal tap isn't definitely deserving of consideration. that's another one like team america, there's the big obvious laughs, but repeat viewings reveal total subtle gold.

for instance, alot of people talk about how funny the "nigel and the bread" scene is. but nobody mentions the absolute gold, when rob reiner says under his breath "why would you keep folding it???"

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Solo
There were comedies made before the 90s, you know. Caddyshack, for me.

You just reminded me of Chevy Chase. Which brings out Vacation a great comedy from the 80's.

The Core
"Fletch", as well.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by manorastroman
spinal tap isn't definitely deserving of consideration. that's another one like team america, there's the big obvious laughs, but repeat viewings reveal total subtle gold.

for instance, alot of people talk about how funny the "nigel and the bread" scene is. but nobody mentions the absolute gold, when rob reiner says under his breath "why would you keep folding it???"

and the "how much is it an hour?" quote

got to give a nod to NATIONAL LAMPOONS EUROPEAN VACTION too as stated elsewhere

and of course another forgotten classic -

SHAUN OF THE DEAD
i hope by next Friday that HOT FUZZ will be worthy of a mention too

manorastroman
oh god i could do spinal tap for days. "we're spinal tap from the uk, you must be the usa!"

"boston...it's not a big college town--you know."

anyhow, are there no other takers for wet hot american summer? it's the same geniuses responsible for the state, stella, and reno 911.

which reminds me, reno 911 movie might make the list.

The Hawk
K I N G P I N

snowultra
road trip
happy gilmore
dirty work
tommy boy

i liked all these alot

Bicnarok

vintageSW77
yeah Danny Dwyers fake wide boy mannerisms and accent are always hilarious

unintentionaly though

The Core
I watched "Caddyschack" last nightfor the first time. It had its moments, but it's fairly dated. Chevy Chase was great, the rest..meh.

Rogue Jedi
check out "the hollywood knights."

ladygrim
Originally posted by Strangelove
This is an awful poll.

You can't have a limited poll on what the funniest movie ever is

vintageSW77
HOT FUZZ

instant comedy classic

Beverley Hills Cop 1
Naked Gun
Ace Ventura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.