Strange Lasers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Did anyone ever notice that the lasers in the NT move faster than the ones in Classic Star Wars???

finti
never did time them

Corran
Me neither how did you discover this Julie?

mah
you must've watched the OT and PT right after another to spot that!

Corran
Or had them playing at the same time.

finti
trick of the light big grin and you all expect that an old Mike Oldfield song comming up..... you are right too

"I have a crazy man
Waiting for a confirmation.
Signs keep a-changing up.
I need some more information.

Some are tricks of the light, you'll never know.
Make a flickering midnight light into a glow.
It's a trick of the light.
It's a trick of the light." - Mike Oldfields Trick Of the Light from the 1984 Discovery album lead vocals by Maggie Riley

yerssot
you mean shooting or targeting?

Ushgarak
Spotted the blanks on the floor in ANH?

Captain REX
Ahh!!! What does all of this mean!?

Cool discovery Julie. big grin

Julie
ok if you say so......really it's just my opinion.....I think that the laser blasts travel faster in the new movies......There are a lot more above ground shots with flying lasers......the OT movies seemed to have slower blaster bolts....

yerssot
but perhaps they're powerful?

Ushgarak
They aren't kinetic weapons, yerss. Despite the blank rounds...

Julie
Uh you'll have to explain that one Ush.

Ushgarak
If you look at the opening fight of ANH you can see the blank cartridges on the floor- the stage weaponry was firing blanks, see?

Captain REX
Oh, I never noticed the cartridges. Sweet.

Maybe another reason is that the special fx have improved drastically since 1977-1981. big grin

yerssot
*sigh*
they did the blanks on purpose, so the backfire would be original and not faked

Ushgarak
Oh great, and then they leave all these cartridges on the floor... how VERY realistic!

Probably stage blanks anyway; the whole scene would have been incredibly dangerous if those had been actual blanks.

Julie
Well most of us aren't that observant so blank cartridges slip by us

finti
oh we saw them allright, but you could use a vague excuse and call it rubble from stray laser shots. wink

Julie
or that.....I suppose.... honestly...sometimes people are too observant when it comes to watching a movie!

yerssot
just search for SW bloopers and that's it

Julie
I hardly ever catch bloopers....usually I end up reading about them later. Though I did notice the scream in AOTC and TPM.

yerssot
you don't know the bloopers??? eek!

Julie
not all of them......

BTW what do you people think of the lasers in AOTC....some of the colors were pretty wink

Julie
I have to be told about most bloopers...

yerssot
I don't look at them much stick out tongue

hmmm, I think I have deleted the list of bloopers...should check again

Julie
ahhh what'd you go and do that for?????? People like me need the lists of bloopers....

yerssot
don't have them anymore, you'll have to search the net

Julie
ahhh....oh well I'm too lazy, but what I don't know can't usually hurt me when it comes to watching a star wars movie.....I can enjoy it regardless of finding the "special bloopers"

yerssot
are you sure?

Julie
I am quite sure because I rarely do find the bloopers and yet I still enjoy it......It's always nice to be able to pick them out, but I do not make that my goal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.