nova vs ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
who wins

guy222
Originally posted by carver9
who wins

classic im 10/10
current nova 100/10. nova badass in marvel

Stupid Rookie
Nova!

Darth_Erebus
Nova the herald?

guy222
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Nova the herald?

Its probably Richard Ryder

TricksterPriest
If it's the herald, this is spite. If it's current Nova from the nova corp. , it's also spite. Regular nova, could be a good fight. I'd favor Nova based on sheer power and probably better tech.

LordFear
IronMan

DigiMark007
I actually think classic Nova would lose, but that's me.

But yeah, current ftw....but not in a curbstomp.

rotiart
Both fights? Iron man.
Classic was faster, stronger, and had blasts... ryder.. only flew.. and had no energy projection...

Current iron man has force fields, the techno virus, thousands of backup drones, he has been shown to past mach 8, fly through space without any additional gear help, and even recently, gained the ability to mimic spiderman's spidersense....

no.. this fight is not as far apart as you all think. richard ryder has not yet proven his skill with his powers yet. starks also been shown to create energy fields that can absorb and turn into energy for his suit, magic, lighting... and other various attacks.... he'll at least be able to shunt off the majority of the damage to lay into nova who has never been shown to have much of an endurance.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by rotiart
Current iron man has force fields, the techno virus, thousands of backup drones, he has been shown to past mach 8, fly through space without any additional gear help, and even recently, gained the ability to mimic spiderman's spidersense....

I'm still unconvinced about the spider-sense thing. I could see that being ignored by writers for the rest of Tony Stark's life.

But yeah, IM's a beast. He's rarely, if ever, written to potential though...which is where the problem comes in. Usually he just acts as a mid-tier brawler. One or two gadgets and/or tricks might show up in a fight, but he never uses more than 1-2 at once....the rest are usually forgotten.

rotiart
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm still unconvinced about the spider-sense thing. I could see that being ignored by writers for the rest of Tony Stark's life.

But yeah, IM's a beast. He's rarely, if ever, written to potential though...which is where the problem comes in. Usually he just acts as a mid-tier brawler. One or two gadgets and/or tricks might show up in a fight, but he never uses more than 1-2 at once....the rest are usually forgotten.

True but don't we usually go with them written at their best on this forum?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by rotiart
True but don't we usually go with them written at their best on this forum?

Yeah. I always just like to think about how it would be written. Armies of IM drones + forcefields and spider-sense isn't likely to make it into, say, CW #7 for instance.

rotiart
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah. I always just like to think about how it would be written. Armies of IM drones + forcefields and spider-sense isn't likely to make it into, say, CW #7 for instance.

Thats civil war.

go into iron mans own comics and you'll see him pulling out his drones.

thats like comparing thor comics and iron man, and cap america comics to avengers (thor/im appear stronger in their own comics than in avengers)

hell you'll see gay ass stuff like extremis, healing factors... mind wiping the whole planet to forget his iron man....

curryman
Think it's safe to say that Nova takes this in a fairly convincing manner.

armedforbattle
Nova the corps member? Ironman wins
Nova Prime with full nova force? Nova Prime
The Galactus herald? Nova

But none of the fights are easy.
Tony is really formidable these days.

Tony Stark
Iron Man for majority... Just ask Mr. Omega mutant Magneto about it.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by armedforbattle

dmills
Not this again http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4999/bananadead.gif

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
Not this again http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4999/bananadead.gif
ure up!!!

ViolentByDesign
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
If it's the herald, this is spite. If it's current Nova from the nova corp. , it's also spite. Regular nova, could be a good fight. I'd favor Nova based on sheer power and probably better tech.
Its not spite either way. You are just dumb and don't realize how powerful tony is.

thumb up
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Iron Man for majority... Just ask Mr. Omega mutant Magneto about it.
What?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ViolentByDesign
Its not spite either way. You are just dumb and don't realize how powerful tony is.

thumb up

What?

People who are questioning Iron Mans power-set need not look any further than his literal dismantling of Magneto whom in most views is considered a top of the food chain Omega level mutant.

celeyhyga17
People who are questioning Iron Mans power-set need not look any further than his literal dismantling of Magneto whom in most views is considered a top of the food chain Omega level mutant.
He prepped for him though.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Tony was the head of SHIELD he has prepped to every known hero or villain in the known MARVEL universe. It has been specifically mentioned numerous times. NOVA most definitely would have been one of those.

armedforbattle
Tony was the head of SHIELD he has prepped to every known hero or villain in the known MARVEL universe. It has been specifically mentioned numerous times. NOVA most definitely would have been one of those.
He does not prep specifically for EVERY battle. What about fights he doesn't know will happen. He preps for big battles, ones he knows he'll need help with (Thor/Hulk/PhoenixBuster)

Tony Stark
He does not prep specifically for EVERY battle. What about fights he doesn't know will happen. He preps for big battles, ones he knows he'll need help with (Thor/Hulk/PhoenixBuster)

If you think that he doesn't know their strengths, weaknesses, tactics, powers, tendencies, temperament... etc. You didn't read any of his titles throughout those runs. And or the SHIELD handbooks by him which goes through those exact things.

Tony knows NOVA better than NOVA knows NOVA. The reverse cannot be said for NOVA's knowledge of Iron Man.

DarkSaint85
Yup. He's always prepped for every eventuality.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/84137/2353329-1539255_thorrestraint06v303_super_super.jpg

armedforbattle

Tony knows NOVA better than NOVA knows NOVA. The reverse cannot be said for NOVA's knowledge of Iron Man.
Really? Cause nova has the world mind, which is one the most knowledgeable things in the MU, You don't think WM doesn't know about Ironman? It tells Nova about anybody he needs info on (Drax, Annihilus, Quasar) gives him strategys, things he should avoid with that specific enemy. It would immediately tell nova that IM can absorb energy and use it against him. So he wouldn't light IM up with energy. Try reading annihilation, more specifically Annihilation Conquest: Nova.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yup. He's always prepped for every eventuality.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/84137/2353329-1539255_thorrestraint06v303_super_super.jpg

Tony was trying to reason with THOR he was holding back.

cdtm
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

More importantly, it happened in an AvsX tie in. sick

cdtm
Tony was trying to reason with THOR he was holding back.

This is true.

Thor still easily destroyed his armor. The armor's durability can't hold back.

Start got in an attack as well, that proved ineffective.

carver9
Thor was amped with the OF in that fight. Tony was unaware of this.

cdtm
Why would he be unaware of this, when the Thorbuster fight was unaltered by The Reigning?

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Why would he be unaware of this, when the Thorbuster fight was unaltered by The Reigning?

He was still unaware of the amp during that fight...its even stated in the scan. With prep and knowledge, Ironman would have wore a better armor. He does it all of the time.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
He was still unaware of the amp during that fight...its even stated in the scan. With prep and knowledge, Ironman would have wore a better armor. He does it all of the time.

He was unaware of Thor's amp back when he made the Thorbuster armor?

-Pr-
Prove that Thor was amped.

Even if he wasn't, he's still several levels above Tony.

curryman
Originally posted by -Pr-
Prove that Thor was amped.

Even if he wasn't, he's still several levels above Tony.

Thor always had to "remotely access" the Odinforce during V3, so it's really hard to say whether or not he's amped.

The OF helped him against Bor, but that's the only incident that comes to mind.

At any rate, like you said he's leagues above Tony and irrelevant to this fight

cdtm
Originally posted by curryman

The OF helped him against Bor, but that's the only incident that comes to mind.

Asgardian Destroyer?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Technically speaking Thor had a portion of the Odin Force during his fight with Tony.

But at the time I'm not sure whether JMS intended to it be in his possession yet or maybe he simple chose not to use it until later. Whatever the reason, it was made explicitly clear that Thor was beating the shit out of Tony so badly because he cut loose, not due to a power up. Tony even asks if Thor had been working out.

curryman
Originally posted by cdtm
Asgardian Destroyer?

Yeah, but it was a bit weird. It had Balder in it and Thor didn't seem to perform any better than he normally does. It's also an example of accessing the OF to deal with the Destroyer.

Saying that he was amped is still reasonable though, but whatever remained of the Odinforce in him must've been a joke, or at the very least a very poorly interpreted version from JMS' side. Thor needed to "use the last of it" to re-force Mjolnir, something that was never an issue in the past. Nor does it make much sense that the Odinforce is a quantifiable amount since it has always been limitless in the past.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The entire Odin Force shit didn't make any sense. Felt like it was shoe-horned in to appease fans questioning what happened to it. Being able to use up the Odin Force makes no sense, it's a nigh limitless source of energy that can be replenished ad infinitum.

When I read the first six or so issues (Before any mention of the Odin Force), I thought it was quite clear he was back without it, just written at a high end level. Even in his fight against Bor.

The only time it felt like he had any real Odin Force was against Bor. And even then, Thor had a ridiculously high end showing where he fights Bor along with other Top Tier (And higher) enemies resurrected by Hela in Avengers Prime.

DarkSaint85
My point was:

Whether Thor was amped or not, Stark, though was of SHIELD with access to his files etc, was unprepared for the level of power Thor was packing.

Whether he was trying to reason or not, the great futurist Tony Stark somehow did not think the Norse God of War, of thunder and lightning, would be angry with him over his past deeds. Great prep, Tony.

ODG
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The entire Odin Force shit didn't make any sense. Felt like it was shoe-horned in to appease fans questioning what happened to it. Being able to use up the Odin Force makes no sense, it's a nigh limitless source of energy that can be replenished ad infinitum.

When I read the first six or so issues (Before any mention of the Odin Force), I thought it was quite clear he was back without it, just written at a high end level. Even in his fight against Bor.

The only time it felt like he had any real Odin Force was against Bor. And even then, Thor had a ridiculously high end showing where he fights Bor along with other Top Tier (And higher) enemies resurrected by Hela in Avengers Prime. One of the first things he did was resummon Asgard out of thin air. Originally posted by Digi
I actually think classic Nova would lose, but that's me.

But yeah, current ftw....but not in a curbstomp. Classic Nova did lose to Iron Man. Quite awfully, in fact.

thumb up

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
One of the first things he did was resummon Asgard out of thin air. Classic Nova did lose to Iron Man. Quite awfully, in fact.

thumb up Bring back all the Asgardians... resist the Destroyer beam...

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ODG
One of the first things he did was resummon Asgard out of thin air. Classic Nova did lose to Iron Man. Quite awfully, in fact.

thumb up

"Classic Nova did lose to Iron Man. Quite awfully, in fact".

thumb up

yes TRUTH

DarkSaint85

thumb up

yes TRUTH

Classic Nova would sh!t stomp IM in his first incarnation too!

Anyways, depends on the Nova and IM. Nova Prime (with the Worldmind that we know and love) would beat IM, for example.

Lol @ the prep, though. Its not the be all and end all for Tony, he has prepped for opponents before (Phoenix Buster?) and it didn't quite work out...

dmills

thumb up

yes TRUTH

There is some highly relevant context surrounding that. But since you're thumbs upping I suppose you already knew that...

Tony Stark
Classic Nova would sh!t stomp IM in his first incarnation too!

Anyways, depends on the Nova and IM. Nova Prime (with the Worldmind that we know and love) would beat IM, for example.

Lol @ the prep, though. Its not the be all and end all for Tony, he has prepped for opponents before (Phoenix Buster?) and it didn't quite work out...

Let me see NOVA>Phoenix Force gotcha...

You mean that piece of shit classic Iron Man who KO'd both SS and The HULK.

armedforbattle
Carv, next thread you make.
Please make sure that you specify which character you are talking about.
And if there is any prep.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
There is some highly relevant context surrounding that. But since you're thumbs upping I suppose you already knew that...
I've never seen that. What context? Scans please.

DarkSaint85
Let me see NOVA>Phoenix Force gotcha...

You mean that piece of shit classic Iron Man who KO'd both SS and The HULK.

Oh, ok, let's use Thor instead. Wait, what's that, despite being head of SHIELD at the time, he DIDN'T prep for him? Gotcha :-)

I mean the bullet headed one he used to escape the very first time. Mark 1.

AlmightyKfish
If it's Nova Prime he takes this, as much as Tony improves with his various armours I don't think he's able to stand up to the sheer power Nova can bring to the fight. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Worldmind could hack Tony's armour to some extent, I mean we saw what the Skrull virus did to his systems and the Worldmind is constantly stated to be one of the most powerful and advanced computers in the entire universe...

DarkSaint85
Pretty much. For all his bravado, Tony isn't the best with cosmic tech and threats...he's strictly playing in a small pond, really. He gets caught out with extra terrestrial threats.

curryman
He performed well against Terrax but with the worldmind at his fingertips I doubt Nova would into such an obvious trap.

Tony Stark
Oh, ok, let's use Thor instead. Wait, what's that, despite being head of SHIELD at the time, he DIDN'T prep for him? Gotcha :-)

I mean the bullet headed one he used to escape the very first time. Mark 1.

Just so we're clear OF THOR>THOR

wink

DarkSaint85
Just so we're clear OF THOR>THOR

wink

Just so we're clear, there are things Stark cannot prep for because he doesn't know their capabilities.

wink

Or:

Just so we're clear, Nova Prime > Nova

wink

Carver made the thread back in 2007, after all......

Tony Stark
Just so we're clear, there are things Stark cannot prep for because he doesn't know their capabilities.

wink

Or:

Just so we're clear, Nova Prime > Nova

wink

Carver made the thread back in 2007, after all......

Just so we're clear Tony Stark was the head of SHIELD and knows all of NOVA's powers, actions and reactions.

wink

-Pr-
Since when is SHIELD automatically experts on Nova?

Branlor Swift
They don't have a ****ing clue

armedforbattle
Just so we're clear Tony Stark was the head of SHIELD and knows all of NOVA's powers, actions and reactions.

wink
World mind > SHIELD
And how would SHIELD know everything nova wants or plans to do? You sir are a dipshit
Originally posted by -Pr-
Since when is SHIELD automatically experts on Nova?
thumb up

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
They don't have a ****ing clue

That's what I thought.

Blair Wind
Tony Stark just automatically assumes Iron Man wins every single fight he's in. Always.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Tony Stark just automatically assumes Iron Man wins every single fight he's in. Always.
He does that to every marvel character going up against a DC character.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by abhilegend
He does that to every marvel character going up against a DC character.

Neither one of those comments is correct.

Tony has staunchly beaten numerous TIER 1 guys... SS, HULK, DOOM, Magneto, SENTRY etc... NOVA has not. If you truly think that SHIELD doesn't have solid and accurate info on NOVA you haven't read enough comics.

And I also regularly pick DC characters over MARVEL characters when it makes sense to do so.

armedforbattle

Tony has staunchly beaten numerous TIER 1 guys... SS, HULK, DOOM, Magneto, SENTRY etc... NOVA has not. If you truly think that SHIELD doesn't have solid and accurate info on NOVA you haven't read enough comics.

And I also regularly pick DC characters over MARVEL characters when it makes sense to do so.
Nova ripped annihilus' guts out.

-Pr-

No offence, but do you honestly expect people to believe that?

dmills
Tony has info on Nova circa New Warriors. He knows jack about Nova Prime. The first clue should have been Tony's near ignorance about the Annihilation War. The second clue should've been him being shocked by Nova being the "class 12" being that entered Earth's orbit.

However there's one caveat. If Heroic Age: Heroes is considered canon (Captain America's personal files and thoughts on various heroes and villains on Marvel Earth) then Tony may in fact have updated files on Nova Prime as Cap's file on Rider was pretty detailed iirc.

Blair Wind

Yes, I know a lot about Tony. However, Nova was in space for a long time. Tony only knew about Nova before he left - when he was admittedly not as powerful. He came back as something much more. So yes, I do believe that SHIELD does NOT have solid and accurate info on Nova.

Tony is not the foremost authority on every single character who operates in the Marvel Universe - he does have large gaps to anyone not actually on Marvel Earth.

Are these concepts hard to grasp?

dmills
laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
Tony Stark, both the poster and the character know dick all about Nova.

celeyhyga17
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.