Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
No optic blasts and no shields. Pure physical brawl.

Can the leader of the X-Men take down the leader of the Avengers?

Ptr_Grifin
Cap wins this easily.

rotiart
Originally posted by masterbruce

No. Period.

In a strategic fight cyclops would win. In a hand to hand fisticuffs, he goes down. Not to say cyclops is a loser in the hand to hand department... but thats like saying tony stark would beat captain america in hand to hand... he'd go a few rounds. but he'd go down the majority.

If you were playing a game of risk, chess, any game of strategy, i'd give it to scott... but in pure hand to hand, cap is the best there is at what he does. period. (for being a non mutant )

Symmetric Chaos
I don't think Cyc is quite at the level of peak human in terms of speed and strenght.

Cap also has some of the best martial arts skills of any comic character.

Cyclops is in real trouble here. He goes down for a good majority. If not 10/10.

masterbruce
Hmmm ok I thought Cyclops was tougher but oh wells

rotiart
Hmmm ok I thought Cyclops was tougher but oh wells

You could say maybe cyclops vs... ohhh... gambit (i'd still give it to gambit) or maybe.... hrm....

cyclops vs tony stark.. without their powers and gear.

two *fit* guys with training from *black belts*... (wolverine/cap america)

Superboy Prime
Cyke is tough all right, and he would pretty much kick ass on most street levelers in hand to hand...but Cap is a notch above Scott in skills, stamina, strength, speed...well everything thanks to the Super Soldier Serum.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by rotiart
No. Period.

In a strategic fight cyclops would win. In a hand to hand fisticuffs, he goes down. Not to say cyclops is a loser in the hand to hand department... but thats like saying tony stark would beat captain america in hand to hand... he'd go a few rounds. but he'd go down the majority.

If you were playing a game of risk, chess, any game of strategy, i'd give it to scott... but in pure hand to hand, cap is the best there is at what he does. period. (for being a non mutant )

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Scott will go a few rounds, but will DEFINITELY lose the majority. Cap wins.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Scott will go a few rounds, but will DEFINITELY lose the majority. Cap wins.

Saying Scott goes a few rounds is insulting to the Cap a few well placed punches would drop cyclops.

guy222

cyclops

Psyquis52
Originally posted by guy222
cyclops You're a troublemaker.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Psyquis52
You're a troublemaker.

Guy is a genius in disguise,he is slowly spreading discord and chaos throughout the forum whilst hiding beneath the guise of an incredibly polite person...it's like flanders being the devil...it's always the person you least expect.

On a happier note,Cyc puts up a fight,but get's pounded harder than paris Hilton in an irish football club.

guy222
Originally posted by Psyquis52
You're a troublemaker.

I am a troublemaker. laughing out loud

laughing

guy222
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Guy is a genius in disguise,he is slowly spreading discord and chaos throughout the forum whilst hiding beneath the guise of an incredibly polite person...it's like flanders being the devil...it's always the person you least expect.

On a happier note,Cyc puts up a fight,but get's pounded harder than paris Hilton in an irish football club.

I am hiding beneath the guise of a polite person. A genius. I am a devil What the f**k?

Martian_mind
I am hiding beneath the guise of a polite person. A genius. I am a devil What the f**k?

What?no one can be that nice....i'm on to you.....i won't let that nuke blow!!!

Symmetric Chaos

You should join Smizache.

xmarksthespot
Does that actually even mean anything? It sounds like a German food.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Does that actually even mean anything? It sounds like a German food.

According to Rick its just something that popped into his head. (interestingly it is an anagram of ChasmSize and Chaos is an archaic word for chasm)

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Martian_mind

That made me laugh...

And I agree!

yestinchong
Hand to hand, there is no competition. Cap America wins, pretty easily too.

Priest
Scott can win a couple.
Capt ftw 8/10

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Supreme being
Saying Scott goes a few rounds is insulting to the Cap a few well placed punches would drop cyclops.

Not at all. Cyke is a VERY skilled fighter. One of the best martial artists on the X-Men even. Hell, he even trained himself to fight without the use of his sight.

But regardless, Cap wins the good majority here. Cyke lasts a few rounds though. And that's no insult at all. He's quite the trooper.

Soljer
Not at all. Cyke is a VERY skilled fighter. One of the best martial artists on the X-Men even. Hell, he even trained himself to fight without the use of his sight.

But regardless, Cap wins the good majority here. Cyke lasts a few rounds though. And that's no insult at all. He's quite the trooper.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer

What's the problem? I think Cap wins it everytime, 10/10. Just that Cyke can at least last a round or two with him.

Soljer
What's the problem? I think Cap wins it everytime, 10/10. Just that Cyke can at least last a round or two with him.

Oh, alright.

You're entitled to your opinion, and now that you've clarified, I find it much less insulting.

Beforehand, you see, I thought you meant that Cap would get a majority, but...like... a six or seven outta ten majority.

tkitna
Cyke doesnt even win one no matter what. Cap 1000/1000.

jrodslam
If Cap was blindfolded, Cyke can take the majority.yes

Jyppe
Cyke could hold his own, but in the end he would go down. So Cap 10/10.

Cyke could hold his own for a while (Faired well against the likes of Cap), but Cap is just on another level in nearly all deciding factors in this fight. Though I don't see Cap's fighting style would be THAT good against a pretty similiar one used by Cyclops, could be wrong though.

YFZ 350
Cap wins this. Better in every category.

Soljer
Originally posted by jrodslam
If Cap was blindfolded, Cyke can take the majority.yes

Maybe if he was blindfolded, hogtied, and had already suffered a few steel toed boots to the head. From classic quicksilver.

YFZ 350
Originally posted by Soljer

Maybe if he was blindfolded, hogtied, and had already suffered a few steel toed boots to the head. From classic quicksilver. Batman could take Cyke blindfolded I bet....

rougeredmage
well cyclops has come along way since he was defeated by storm without the use of powers. from that time on he has gained mutch more experence. i am going to say something that may sound quite radical. i think that cyclops may be more experienced then captain america. cyclops was gromed from a school age and trained in martiel arts. while captain america was an artist that who latter joined the american forces and experimented on. also i think cyclops has been active since the beggining of the silverage. while captain america was introduced a few years after the silverage began. i am not counting his invaders and war issues her most of which i dont think are cannon. also cycllops has beeen on a greater number of super teams ( i think). also the xmen has a wider range of enermies. i would say that cyclops has a greater range of enermies that arer superstrong. and thus requires tactical battleing. as previously said cyclops is a good with the martial arts and tactical fighting. however i think that it will be either 6-4 to cyclops or just 5-5

SupaEZE
Captain America Hands down, he has more combat experience

rougeredmage
you seem to be underestimating the experience that cyclops has had. i would say thaty they are atleast equal and i dont think you can disporve this statement

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by rougeredmage
you seem to be underestimating the experience that cyclops has had. i would say thaty they are atleast equal and i dont think you can disporve this statement

I can't but let me explain why it doesn't really matter.

Even if we assume they're fighting ability is equal Cap's hits will do a lot more damage and Cyc's will do a lot less (the SSS makes Cap stronger, faster and more durable).

Cyclops is very accomplioshed experienced fighter but he is not a peak human so he get pretty much stomped here mostly because he can't keep up.

xmeat
cap faced down tougher people than anyone on the xmen

rougeredmage
you do realise that most of the tough people in the marvel universe. for example how many times has the meance of the hulk caused superheros teams to hunt him down. or how many times has doctor dooms villany spread outside his usualy field of rivals. you are wrong about the strengh been involved in martial arts. i am not a martial artist however i am pretty sure that its about your tactics and where u hit your opponant. by your arguments hulk would have never lost a battle in the marvel universe as no one can match his strengh indurance and stamina. oh i am pretty sure that cyclops has the same amount of rogues gallaries

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by rougeredmage

you are wrong about the strengh been involved in martial arts. i am not a martial artist however i am pretty sure that its about your tactics and where u hit your opponant.

Yes but if I hit your chest so hard that it dirupts your heart beat and you just hit me in the chest I'll win

Fortunately superheros are smart enough not to fight Hulk in pure H2H

The Fake Macoy
While Cyclops is good, he's not good enough to take out Cap H2H. It would be more interesting if this was a game of chess or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.