Gambit versus Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Fight on the streets of NYC. They start 200 feet apart.

rotiart
Sabretooth, closes the distances and guts remy.

Metalmanx
Doubtful. Not saying who wins, but that will be the last thing that could happen in this fight.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
Fight on the streets of NYC. They start 200 feet apart.

Sabes

StarsNeverFall7
What is Gambit carrying with him...just a deck of cards and his staff?

Decay
gambit is pretty slick. he could probably damage sabertooth a bit just with his cards and take off to find some better weapons.

he would probably never stay too far ahead, but hed get alot of damage in. im inclined to think sabertooth would win in the end though, gambit can never really lose him, and it takes alot to put him down for the count. sabertooth is too experienced and too dangerous hand to hand. hed track gambit and probably end up in a few ambush situations, but i think hed eventually get his hands on gambit, and that would end it pretty quickly.

Alfheim
....owwww!

complexbrother
call me crazy, but I think Gambit would win this fight.

Bouboumaster
8/10 Sabertooth.

1 of "card beating", and one of luck for Gambit.

Jyppe
Couldn't Gambit possibly charge his staff and hit Sabes with it causing a big boom? Also, Gambit's fighting style is very good against people like Sabretooth. + He's fast and has superhuman agility.

I think Gambit's cards are potent enough to harm Sabretooth, he did KO Wolverine with them when he got the chance, but does he get the chance in this fight?

Symmetric Chaos
This is a good fight.

I'm going to give a majority to Sabertooth.

Judgement
They Actually did fight in X-Men #38 after the x-men captured creed. He was in restraints, though, so I don't imagine Gambit would pull an easy win otherwise.

jgiant
Sabertooth wins cuz he is more experienced and savage.

manorastroman
if gambit isn't being chumped out like always, he wins majority due to the environment.

Judgement
I don't know about that. Sabertooth can close distance fairly quickly. And he held his own against Gambit while partially handicapped.

grey fox
Well....whose for gutted Cajun ?

manorastroman
200 feet is a long time for someone who can react as quickly as gambit. with his heightened attributes, i bet gambit would be flipping around fire escapes like daredevil.

Judgement
I guess so. But Sabertooth has always been REALLY fast. It seems, to me, faster than Gambit's showings.

Board Walker
Which version of Gambit are we usuing? And from which time period of comics? They varied in power and ability.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Victor makes his way towards Remy, than rips him to shreds.

YFZ 350
Good fight I think. But I'd give the edge to Sabes cause of his killer attitude. The healing factor helps also.

jinzin
hmm I don't know...

pretty much every encounter between the two have been in gambit's favor.. while they've ALL certainly been circumstantial....

Their first encounter: sabretooth got the drop on Remmy and pretty much one shotted him out of the fight before rogue and bishop came to his rescue.

second encounter: sabretooth was in shackles, had just fought off the danger room on critical mode, and when he finally DID engage remy he actually WANTED to die... so I'm not even sure if that can be used for either character.

their third: Victor creed was practically on his deathbed BEFORE gambit showed up and thus didn't put up much of a fight.

their last: sabretooth had fought juggernaught for a little while the night before, he kinda got surprised when gambit came in and blasted him in the mouth with a charge... even though that didn't put sabretooth down, it certainly wasn't a good showing.. lol

I'd say that gambit has the energy to put sabretooth down, and the speed and agility along with the fighting skills (as well as the fact that he's VERY well familiarized with creed and his style of fighting) to stay in a fight with creed for a while..

So if creed fights like an idiot he gets the crap blown out of him....

but if creed actually uses some cunning, speed, and agility of his own, 200 feet may as well be 2 inches cause gambit's going down....

creed 6 or 7/10

masterbruce
jinzin, those fight descriptions are pretty hilarious...seems like Creed always ran into Gambit at the worst moment haha

jinzin
lol.. yeah pretty much.. because let's face it.. the fair fights we've seen between logan and gambit haven't been very good for the cajin... no reason to think an encounter with a super wolverine would go any better.

Jyppe
Originally posted by jinzin
lol.. yeah pretty much.. because let's face it.. the fair fights we've seen between logan and gambit haven't been very good for the cajin... no reason to think an encounter with a super wolverine would go any better.

Gambit has proven that he's able to atleast KO Wolverine with his cards. In Contest of Champions 2. smile

jinzin
forgive me but he WAS getting his ass handed to him in that fight.. ?

Jyppe
forgive me but he WAS getting his ass handed to him in that fight.. ?

Yeah, but he showed that he has the power to KO Wolverine.

jinzin
yeah i didn't really think otherwise... it's just well if he can't do it in a stand up fight.. well... erm

Jyppe
yeah i didn't really think otherwise... it's just well if he can't do it in a stand up fight.. well... erm

You need to remember that Wolverine was VERY blood lusted in that fight, Gambit was fighting normally how he'd fight a team mate, in the end he even checks up on Wolverine on his condition.

jinzin
Originally posted by Jyppe
You need to remember that Wolverine was VERY blood lusted in that fight, Gambit was fighting normally how he'd fight a team mate, in the end he even checks up on Wolverine on his condition.

yeah and, when gambit was fighting bloodlusted against wolverine wolverine still beat him and threatened to pop his third claw in gambits head.. so I'm not sure what that proves for gambit.
I mean are we assuming creed would not be blood lusted here? confused

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by grey fox
Well....whose for gutted Cajun ?

me!

sabes ftw...

Jyppe
yeah and, when gambit was fighting bloodlusted against wolverine wolverine still beat him and threatened to pop his third claw in gambits head.. so I'm not sure what that proves for gambit.
I mean are we assuming creed would not be blood lusted here? confused

This fight does start some distance between the 2. Couldn't Gambit just charge part of the ground or some big objects. I'm not entirely sure about his powerlevel at the moment.

SupaEZE
Sabertooth starts stalking the enemy so of course he will be moving alot. Gambits Cards are of no use, Gambits only hope is to take off his gloves and give sbertooth a little tap on the shoulder,
(GAMBIT, Sabertooth cuts him up good tho)

Hercules
This fight is pretty close, my initial thought was "Creed easily" but when I really look at it and think about it, its not that straight forward.

There are plenty of objects for Gambit to charge up on a city street and he does have a speed advantage.

I think it would be 6/10 in Creed's favour.

Darth Vegas
Sabretooth makes gumbo out of the Cajun.

LordFear
I don't see Remy winning this battle at all

Superboy Prime
Brains over muscle, not that Remy is Reed Richards, but he is smart enough to know he needs to keep his distance. Many posters have stated that a street is an ideal place for Gambit, and I agree...The fight will be decided the moment Remy loses his cool and lets Sabretooth close the gap. However even then I don't see what's going to stop Remy from overloading his staff with Kinetic energy and slamming it on Creed's mouth before he jumped him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.