Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami vs Ayane and Kasumi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Sporting a new look (i.e., his KOF M.I./2006 costume), Iori searches for his rival. He takes a wrong turn and winds up in the Mugen Tenshin village.

Worse yet, he goes into the Blood Riot and mauls Hayate, and a number of Hajinmon ninja.

Meanwhile, the ninja pursuing Kasumi mistake Yuki as the runaway shinobi and attack, but Kyo saves the day, also earning the Mugen Tenshin's wrath.

Ayane had, in the meantime, caught up with Kasumi when word reaches her of Iori's attack on the village and Kyo attacking the Hajinmon ninja. The two half-siblings decide to put their rivalry aside for the time being and track down Yagami and Kusanagi.

Before the battle between Kyo and Iori could began, the two Mugen Tenshin kunoichi show up and challenges then both to a duel, with Kasumi fighting the Kusanagi heir and Ayane fighting the moody Iori.

Superboy Prime
All I know is that if Iori mauled Hayate Kasumi & Ayane will be bloodlusted and will double team him as soon as the match starts, possibly even ignoring Kyo. Their love and devotion towards Hayate is outstanding...I dunno...Iori is still under the influence of the riot of the blood, right? I really dunno...team SNK will possibly take it...but Iori will be severely ****ed up, even if it means losing the match just to avenge their brother.

Cloud_VII
It depends. Does Kasumi get to use her sword? Also is Ayane allowed to use her magic? In the DOA4 ending, the spell did not take as much time as some people here assume. If you notice in the video, the moment Ayane initiates the spell, Hayate is in the air dodging a bullet. Since the time she initiates the spell, everything seems to be going in slow motion. The bullet Hayate dodges and the bullet that goes past Ayane are moving pretty slow. As soon as Hayate lands, which I guess took about a second or so to do, he immediately joins up with Ayane right when she executes the spell. She also shoots magical blasts of energy, as shown in an alternate sequence in DOA2. I believe both could teleport also. I'm not sure really who'd win since I don't know that much about Kyo and Iori. I think this would be a pretty good match.

TricksterPriest
total slaughter. Kyo&Iori massacre the kunoichi. And may god help them if Iori is in the riot........ Kyo might go down, but in the end, Iori will kill them both.

lightness
the kunoichi might pull it off if kyo/iori ignore them and just fight each other

TricksterPriest
Very true. But given that they have a habit of putting aside their feud to deal with outside interference, I think they'll wait until the girls are dead before they start trying to murder each other.

Sado22
due to my lack of knowledge of DoA storyline, I'll simply stick to the KoF leads. the day Kasumi and Ayane can take down a demon god, Kasumi can punch and KO a demongod with a punch, they both can take down a person who wrecks up a whole city by just a glimpse of his power....I'll say they may stand a chance. but since they never have (and never will) Iori and Kyo take it.

~The Invincible Sado-sama

StyleTime
I'm still undecided here. I think the real problem here would be Iori. Kasumi should probably be able to take Kyo. Her speed, teleportation, and nimpo( Yes Kasumi has magic too) should overwhelm him even if it takes a little while. The problem is the Blood Riot Iori. He's scary although the DOA cast has a thing for taking down people with massive advantages over themselves. Omega demolished a forest just by powering up, blew up a large castle and the surrounding area with a run-of-the mill fireball, and has countless other powerfull attacks. Ayane still managed to defeat him. I guess it depends on if Kasumi can get done quickly enough to come fight Iori. Superboy Prime is right about the bloodlusted thing though. In DOA1, Kasumi kinda just walked all over all the fighters to get to Raidou in order to get vengeance for Hayate. Same goes for DOA3 Ayane.

Again though, I'm still not really sure. It'll be closer than some(Tricksterpriest) think either way though.

brainchild81
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
total slaughter. Kyo&Iori massacre the kunoichi. And may god help them if Iori is in the riot........ Kyo might go down, but in the end, Iori will kill them both. Agreed

Cloud_VII
Woah wait a minute...If this is supposed to be a mismatch then why was it even made? One's not supposed to make topics that are one-sided.

This is like a match where Ryu and Ken are fighting Incarnate and Nightmare. It's pretty obvious Nightmare and Incarnate would win with no effort.

beta ray bob
yeah, iori kills all of them (kyo included)

Sado22
woah......what's with everyone underestimating The King of Fighters Kyo Kusanagi?! Kyo rules!

well speed aint nothing new to Kyo. Can Kasumi move as fast as Lin? Is she as agile as Benimaru? is she capable of such speed and ferocity as Terry Bogard? No. Lin is a lot faster. so is Benimaru. so is Terry Bogard. And Kyo beat/tied with them all.
Teleportation aint nothing new. Geonitz and Orochi were all teleporters and yet Kyo laid them out. Omega from DoA can creat a lot of a mess by powering up but can he destroy the world? no. Orochi can. and Kyo laid the f--k out of Orochi with a punch. he also wrecked Geonitz up. not to mention Ignitz.
Nimpo.......well, i admit my ignorance regarding this. But Kyo has fought and beaten Kagura who is capable of fighting with illusions.
seriously though, speed, teleportation and magic aint nothing new to Kyo. The day Kasumi and her lipstick lesbain rival can defeat a GOD i'll give them props. but they can't. Kyo and Iori can.

also Orochi Iori is powerful as hell. it took the entire KoF97 cast to subdue him. now don't tell me Kasumi and Ayane>>KoF97 cast.

~The 3 Sacred Treasure Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
You're using the A>B>C logic which I don't like. You say Iori overcame an opponent capable of destroying the world. Well, Ryu defeated an opponent infused with the power of the evil deities. The VE can destory a planet with Vigoor's power, and he was infused with that power and even possessed the power of the Dark Dragon in the fight with Ryu. Ryu STILL beat the emperor. Let's see is Ryu capable of destroying a planet? Nope.

Superboy Prime
His logic is flawed. They star in different games with different engines and it's pretty much impossible to tell if they are indeed faster than a character from a 2d game.

Tengu was a god and Ryu Hayabusa laid the smackdown on him with little effort, and Ayane is in a level near Ryu. It wouldn't be a stretch for Ayane & Kasumi to take down gods. Specially video game fighting gods whom we all know are mediocre at best in almost every media.

Also leave the KoF roster out of this, it has many jobbers as it is, and just focus on the 4 characters involved in this match up.

As I said earlier as powerful as Orochi Iori is I still think Kasumi & Ayane will outmaneuver, outstrategize, double team, **** up, whatever and take him down. Needless to say they both end up drained and lose to Kyo. In a situation like this the girls won't give a shit about Kyo and will just focus on avenging their fallen brother.

TricksterPriest
Stop right there. Tengu was not a god. And Kyo may be not as tough as Iori, but ignoring him could give them the loss right off the bat. And whatever bloodlust they have, O. Iori's is far worse and he will decimate them in h2h.

Superboy Prime

TricksterPriest
Yep, not a god. and Geese Howard, Krauser, Rugal, Terry and countless others would beat his ass, broken game engine notwithstanding.

Superboy Prime
Yes.

Tell me exactly what makes a god?

I don't care enough about Tengu to defend him against Geese, Krauser or any of the other SNK bosses. As far as I'm concerned they all beat him to a bloody pulp while they dance La Macarena...

However Tengus are gods.

Besides as you are probably aware the term "god" is often misused. gods do not get beat up by humans, ever, and yet we always face gods in VGs and we always end up beating the living daylights out of them.

Cloud_VII
S. Prime is right. "God" is a totally misused word. The Presence from DC can effortlessly obliterate any god that's in a fighting game.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yep, not a god.
Tell me how Tengu isn't considered to be a god yet Iori is laughing Do it just for laughs.

TricksterPriest
Never said Iori was a god, except in the hearts of SNK and fanboys. laughing True, gods suck in fighting games.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Sado22
woah......what's with everyone underestimating The King of Fighters Kyo Kusanagi?! Kyo rules!

well speed aint nothing new to Kyo. Can Kasumi move as fast as Lin? Is she as agile as Benimaru? is she capable of such speed and ferocity as Terry Bogard? No. Lin is a lot faster. so is Benimaru. so is Terry Bogard. And Kyo beat/tied with them all.
Teleportation aint nothing new. Geonitz and Orochi were all teleporters and yet Kyo laid them out. Omega from DoA can creat a lot of a mess by powering up but can he destroy the world? no. Orochi can. and Kyo laid the f--k out of Orochi with a punch. he also wrecked Geonitz up. not to mention Ignitz.
Nimpo.......well, i admit my ignorance regarding this. But Kyo has fought and beaten Kagura who is capable of fighting with illusions.
seriously though, speed, teleportation and magic aint nothing new to Kyo. The day Kasumi and her lipstick lesbain rival can defeat a GOD i'll give them props. but they can't. Kyo and Iori can.

also Orochi Iori is powerful as hell. it took the entire KoF97 cast to subdue him. now don't tell me Kasumi and Ayane>>KoF97 cast.

~The 3 Sacred Treasure Sado-sama
Yes she is as at least as fast as them.

As for Goenitz and Orochi, Kyo had assistance in his fight with them. Hell, if I had Blood Riot Iori holding Orochi in place, I could beat Orochi too. I'd like to see how he fares fighting by himself. Also, how do we know Orochi can destroy the world? Has he ever actually blown up a planet? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just honestly don't remember him blowing up a planet.

Like I said, Iori is the problem here. He's mainly why I am still undecided.

lightness
ayane/kasumi never beat tengu. ryu did.

orochi seems a lot worst than 100 tengus. he just can't die unless weakened by twin crimson flames and sealed by kagura.

on a side note, kasumi/kyo would probably be really good friends. seeing how kyo is with most girls. ayane can probably become friends with him too, if she gets along with kasumi(seeing her personality would get along with most normal people better).

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by lightness
orochi seems a lot worst than 100 tengus.
If you could explain why Orochi is that many times as powerful as Tengu, I might actually believe you. For now, I'm going to say that Tengu seems a lot worse than 100 orochis just to even the score.

Darkstorm Zero
That sounds childish Cloud...

Anyways, Orochi has had a huge, massive impact on the KOF Scene, Orochi simply hapens to be near omnipotent and fuklly immortal, now, since it was said even in the canon endings of 97 that Orochi can end all life on the planet, why are we arguing this?

And even so, what does this seriously have to do with the thread at hand?

Cloud_VII
Read above. Bankotsu can end all life on the planet since he can cause destruction to the entire world, as well as being able to trigger a massive worldwide collapse.

beta ray bob
dude, someone who is capable of destroying a creature like orochi, should be able to take two superhuman anime chicks(putting it bluntly) (and kyo is there too)

Cloud_VII
I'm just saying to deny that Bankotsu is a fighting god is just the same as denying Orochi is, since there's evidence to prove that BOTH are gods in fighting games.

beta ray bob
true, but, yagami beat orochi, and i'm yet to see ayane or kasumi beat a god, and lets not forget the fact that kyo is not dead yet, while being the rival of iori (the god killer) that takes some greatness

Cloud_VII
Ryu defeated Bankotsu, who is a god. Ayane is pretty much on par with Ryu as far as DOA goes.

lightness
neither kyo or iori were really capable of destroying the orochi. they were just enough to weaken him so chizaru can finish him off.

the fact that tengu can be killed by only physical means put him way below orochi.

kyo=iori, unless he goes riot of blood.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by lightness
neither kyo or iori were really capable of destroying the orochi. they were just enough to weaken him so chizaru can finish him off.

the fact that tengu can be killed by only physical means put him way below orochi.

kyo=iori, unless he goes riot of blood.
So how was Orochi killed? Also, we don't know how Ryu killed Bankotsu. That was never revealed, and Ryu had the Dragon Sword at the time which is a powerful and legendary weapon. Bankotsu was defeated easily because of his superiority complex, so who knows what would've happened if he had fought Ryu seriously.

lightness
i'm sure it's official that ryu killed tengu in the doa competition which was hand to hand. unless tecmo makes it official that he uses the dragon sword.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/b/kof97sp.htm

Cloud_VII
Alright...so why were you saying earlier someone finished him off? If a person is invincible, then he's invincible...

My point was that one can't deny that Bankotsu is a fighting since there's evidence showing that he is.

beta ray bob

Sado22
EXACTLY....who are we talking about here?

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Superboy Prime
*Lost in translation*

beta ray bob
this is more random, than robot chicken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.