Superman and Darkseid vs Silver Surfer and Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thanos_THOTU
The Omega beam can be repelled by Thanos shield, however, Silver Surfer cannot protect himself against the Omega beam (Thanos can however protect him)

How would the battle fare?

Beta Ray Howard
What era of Darkseid?

Thanos_THOTU
Let's take the current ... All character's in the current state.
- (This thread opens in 2 years when Silver Surfer have gotten so buffed up with all the upgrades that he equals Galactus :P )

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Let's take the current ... All character's in the current state.
- (This thread opens in 2 years when Silver Surfer have gotten so buffed up with all the upgrades that he equals Galactus :P )

Current DS has the ALE, don't make it so current or this isn't even a fight.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Current DS has the ALE, don't make it so current or this isn't even a fight.
Not in this battle he hasent ...
Take: Current Darkseid - Anti-Life Equation, if that equation helps you.

Board Walker
Current DS is more powerful then he was in the pre-crisis days.

You could take away the OE and the ALE from DS, he would still defeat them.

He is completely on another level when it comes to power, durability, strength, matter/reality manipulation, TP, etc.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Board Walker
Current DS is more powerful then he was in the pre-crisis days.

confused

Board Walker
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
confused

That is the response most give on these forums, most do not read DC comics as well, they just tend to look at scans.

Evil_Ash
Isn't it current Darkseid whose just Superman's personal punching bag?

nvrbeenwthagirl

no. Current DS has created realities with his Omega to trap mr. miracle and he has owned all of the new gods.

Board Walker

This is what I am talking about, it is how I know most of the forum doesn't read DC, as your statement is completely wrong sad

Beta Ray Howard
That is the response most give on these forums, most do not read DC comics as well, they just tend to look at scans.

Yeah, I went to the experts, and it was found to be full of shit.

Current Darkseid is around the level of someone along the lines of Mrunngo Mu.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Yeah, I went to the experts, and it was found to be full of shit.

I cant tell if your being sarcastic

Beta Ray Howard
I cant tell if your being sarcastic

Okay, I'll tell you what's up.

Common misconception about Darkseid is that he hasn't been powered down, doesn't have any low feats, etc.

Well, that's a half-truth. Essentially, though some of Darkseid's lower feats were retconned as avatars, him staying in the source wall got retconned in the same run where it started once a new writer took over. (Evidently he thought it was a stupid decision.)

Anyway, though some of the low feats were retconned as Desaad (2 Dr. Fate appearances, one Hawk and Dove appearance) and since the only conclusion to something being an avatar is if it's mentioned, they've essentially powered down the Lord of Apokalipse. (spellcheck?)

Does it suck? Yep. Does it make it any less true? Nope.

Thus me asking for what era. If you're think Kirby Era, or pre-Byrne era, then he's about Skyfather level, or a couple inches shorter. Current era, or my passionate penning called "Post-Moron" Darkseid is more along the lines of your regular Surfer villain.

Board Walker
Okay, I'll tell you what's up.

Common misconception about Darkseid is that he hasn't been powered down, doesn't have any low feats, etc.

Well, that's a half-truth. Essentially, though some of Darkseid's lower feats were retconned as avatars, him staying in the source wall got retconned in the same run where it started once a new writer took over. (Evidently he thought it was a stupid decision.)

Anyway, though some of the low feats were retconned as Desaad (2 Dr. Fate appearances, one Hawk and Dove appearance) and since the only conclusion to something being an avatar is if it's mentioned, they've essentially powered down the Lord of Apokalipse. (spellcheck?)

Does it suck? Yep. Does it make it any less true? Nope.

Thus me asking for what era. If you're think Kirby Era, or pre-Byrne era, then he's about Skyfather level, or a couple inches shorter. Current era, or my passionate penning called "Post-Moron" Darkseid is more along the lines of your regular Surfer villain.

The point is, DC's retcons have stated he never wavered in power, and has only grown in power, also it is stated that all of his appearances have been Avatars and or projections.

DS has never been shown in true form either, explained that he is powered down using a boom tube of his own will.

Point is, that he never decreased in power, as of right now to this day he has only 2 un retconned loses, to superman. Those were explained that Superman has protection from the Source itself against DS, and that is how he was able to defeat him.

DS is also explained that he is necessary just as superman is, for the existence of all of DC.

guy222
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
The Omega beam can be repelled by Thanos shield, however, Silver Surfer cannot protect himself against the Omega beam (Thanos can however protect him)

How would the battle fare?

ss/thanos wins. thanos has the ig

Beta Ray Howard
The point is, DC's retcons have stated he never wavered in power, and has only grown in power, also it is stated that all of his appearances have been Avatars and or projections.

That was part of the pre-Byrne run that got retconned.

DS has never been shown in true form either, explained that he is powered down using a boom tube of his own will.

Part of the above mentioned retcon.

Point is, that he never decreased in power, as of right now to this day he has only 2 un retconned loses, to superman. Those were explained that Superman has protection from the Source itself against DS, and that is how he was able to defeat him.

You're also missing the loss to Doomsday, his OWAW appearances, Superman pushing him into the Source Wall, Superman pulling him out of the source wall (whilst Orion was able to free himself) etc etc.

If you ask DC about Darkseid, they'll tell you that they're writing him down.

DS is also explained that he is necessary just as superman is, for the existence of all of DC.

That statement contradicts the prophecy of Orion killing him.

nvrbeenwthagirl

You're also missing the loss to Doomsday, his OWAW appearances, Superman pushing him into the Source Wall, Superman pulling him out of the source wall (whilst Orion was able to free himself) etc etc.

It seems you really dont' know about DS. DS in his true God form beating supergirl was aFTER the byrne retconned so called. Also DC abandoned the prophecy of Orion killing DS after fans showed they liked DS as a villian too much. And it's a funny thing, if DC was writing DS down, then how come he's displaying greater reality manipulation powers than ever? He is shown creating actual multiple realities. And then They went and gave him the ALE. writing him down? confused

Badabing
I agree 100% with Howard.

Board Walker

Nvr explained it nicely, the retcon changed alot, and secondly the prophecy does not contradict DC. The prophecy states that he would replace DS and the OE with himself and the Astroforce.

roughrider
Silver Surfer and Thanos win, because SS neutralizes Superman quickly.

Board Walker
Originally posted by roughrider
Silver Surfer and Thanos win, because SS neutralizes Superman quickly.

If you want to give one liner post, I'll return you the favor.
"Supes and DS win, because Supes T-vo's SS and Thanos quickly.

Beta Ray Howard
It seems you really dont' know about DS. DS in his true God form beating supergirl was aFTER the byrne retconned so called.

and then got taken into the sun and KTFOed by Superman, and got rammed into the source wall.

Also DC abandoned the prophecy of Orion killing DS after fans showed they liked DS as a villian too much. And it's a funny thing, if DC was writing DS down, then how come he's displaying greater reality manipulation powers than ever?

If you're talking about the Seven Soldiers saga, that's because of the Anti-Life equation.

He is shown creating actual multiple realities. And then They went and gave him the ALE. writing him down? confused

The ALE is the reason he can create them. He can now dominate free will in itself.

Beta Ray Howard
If you want to give one liner post, I'll return you the favor.
"Supes and DS win, because Supes T-vo's SS and Thanos quickly.

You are aware that both Surfer and Thanos are both very familiar with similar techniques?

Give me a freaking break.

Board Walker
You are aware that both Surfer and Thanos are both very familiar with similar techniques?

Give me a freaking break.

Yeah, and Supes knows the power cosmic like he knows newspapers.

Try to be a bit more tact, T-Vo would wreck SS and Thanos, it has been shown on panel that it has the power to wreck multiversal abstracts.

Dom for example, if any of you still deny that Dom is not multiversal, well you are mistaken, it is stated on panel that Kismet fears him more then anything else and she is hiding from all so she can escape him.

This is Kismet, akin to those of Marvel bases, this would be Omni Eternity.

Beta Ray Howard
Yeah, and Supes knows the power cosmic like he knows newspapers.

no expression

Are you employed by DC or something? There's no possible way you can be this dumb without being paid.

Try to be a bit more tact, T-Vo would wreck SS and Thanos, it has been shown on panel that it has the power to wreck multiversal abstracts.

that have no defense against a mental assault. It's already been debated before. Surfer has cosmic awareness. Thanos has battled on the Astral Plane. T-Vo wouldn't do anything.

Dom for example, if any of you still deny that Dom is not multiversal, well you are mistaken, it is stated on panel that Kismet fears him more then anything else and she is hiding from all so she can escape him.

What impressive feats does Kismet have? Seems Kismet runs from everyone and loses all the time.

Seriously, how much is DC paying you?

This is Kismet, akin to those of Marvel bases, this would be Omni Eternity.

and has shown nowhere near that level of power on panel.

No feats, whatsoever.

You quite possibly are the dumbest person I have ever seen on a comic forum, anywhere.

snoopdogg
KMC Marcus why are you so quick to insult people?

Thanos_THOTU
is Kismet, akin to those of Marvel bases, this would be Omni Eternity.
You must seriously be one of those nvrbeenwthagirl-guy's.

Kismet is a female cosmic being in the Superman comics. She holds a place in the DC comics cosmos that is possibly be equivalent to Marvel's cosmic character Eternity. Kismet was transformed the power source of Strange Visitor for a time and is seen as a god. Not much is known about Kismet because of her rare appearances in comics. Kismet is known for having saved Clark Kent's father while he was dying and searching for Superman. She is a member of The Lords of Order. Shown in Our Worlds At War storyline, she is the protector of the DC Universe.
Possibly Eternity ...

Magee
Howard you act like DS getting knocked about the universe by Superman is a low showiing. Remember in that fight where he killed supergirl Superman took him to the sun which would of given him a huge power boost on top of his usualy uber godness lol. I would say its just DC amping Supes up again but clearly you think they are depowering DS, which is strange considering they just gave him his birthday present (ALE) but hey its all relative. Oh and I dont care what anyone says Superman is currently herald level.

Batman-Prime
Lets take the "weak" DS-Avatar from Superman/Batman.

SS was beaten rather easily by a DS-Avatar in the Galactus/DS crossover, so DS takes SS down with a quick shot. Superman prooved to hold his own against DS, even beating him, so he would beat Thanos (a DS ripoff) too. This is not a fair fight IMHO.

If you want a "fair" fight take

SS, Firelord, Nova, and Air-Walker VS DS and Superman

You could sacrify two Heralds, SS and Nova to "distract" DS, while Thanos and the other two try to kill Superman as fast as possible, then those three, or two, one herald will go down for sure, will stand a chance against DS......maybe....

xmeat
thanos kicks heir ass

tdawg14
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Lets take the "weak" DS-Avatar from Superman/Batman.

SS was beaten rather easily by a DS-Avatar in the Galactus/DS crossover, so DS takes SS down with a quick shot. Superman prooved to hold his own against DS, even beating him, so he would beat Thanos (a DS ripoff) too. This is not a fair fight IMHO.

If you want a "fair" fight take

SS, Firelord, Nova, and Air-Walker VS DS and Superman

You could sacrify two Heralds, SS and Nova to "distract" DS, while Thanos and the other two try to kill Superman as fast as possible, then those three, or two, one herald will go down for sure, will stand a chance against DS......maybe....

Are you kidding? DS took out SS quick, from behind. DS would beat SS, but not that easily. This is a match that you really cant answer. Current Thanos is now an abstract entity. No one has an idea how powerful he is. Current SS kills Supes in about two panels

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by tdawg14
Are you kidding? DS took out SS quick, from behind. DS would beat SS, but not that easily. This is a match that you really cant answer. Current Thanos is now an abstract entity. No one has an idea how powerful he is. Current SS kills Supes in about two panels

I'm not kidding smile.

UniOmni
Darkseid wasn't an avatar in S/B.

It was him who got beaten by his oe, and then got his face broken in the sun and left on the source wall.

Darkseid isn't a sure bet to beat Surfer, one on one anymore.

And T-vo isn't a sure bet, against characters who've stood up to the mindgem.

Gamesmaster
The outcome of a battle like this is changing all the time. Powers go up as others go down, all at the whim of writers. Suffice to say, Thanos may be getting a major power up soon, as hinted by Keith Giffen on the Silver Surfer Message Board.

Not to mention, even writers can be biased. Different portrayals of the same character by different writers and artists- which era, which writer, what plot, etc. It seems the only real way to decide battles is to go with consistency of the characters, or in other words, how powerful they were through most of their fictional existence. And even that would have flaws. I sometimes weary of these vs. threads.

guy222
t2

Dampyre

rolling on floor laughing

h1a8
If Thanos goes against Darkseid and Superman goes against Surfer then split.
But if Superman goes against Thanos and Darkseid against Surfer then t1 wins.

Superman beats Thanos
Surfer beats Superman
Darkseid beats Thanos
Darkseid beats Surfer (if not then Thanos can never beat Surfer, choose)

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
If Thanos goes against Darkseid and Superman goes against Surfer then split.
But if Superman goes against Thanos and Darkseid against Surfer then t1 wins.

Superman beats Thanos
Surfer beats Superman
Darkseid beats Thanos
Darkseid beats Surfer (if not then Thanos can never beat Surfer, choose)

Your post contradicts itself. Seriously read it for yourself.

-Pr-
lol xmeat.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Your post contradicts itself. Seriously read it for yourself.
Darkseid beating Surfer is based off the premise of Thanos beating Surfer.
If one doesn't accept Thanos being able to beat Surfer in a forum setting then Surfer could possibly split with Darkseid. Thus both teams split. No contradiction since it was an "if then" statement about Darkseid and Surfer.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Darkseid beating Surfer is based off the premise of Thanos beating Surfer.
If one doesn't accept Thanos being able to beat Surfer in a forum setting then Surfer could possibly split with Darkseid. Thus both teams split. No contradiction since it was an "if then" statement about Darkseid and Surfer.

OK now I get you. Makes good sense to me. I'm just not too sure about Darkseid being able to handle Thanos when statements like Superman is his physical peer exists. Thanos would have been Superman's peer around the time that the original Captain Mar-Vell was alive, and he has been given power ups since then. The Surfer doesn't need to be hit at all by either of the two opposing team mates, he can remain intangible and strike when he wants to, while avoiding anything thrown his way by using his cosmic awareness. He's more powerful than many people may at first believe.

If Norrin were ever completely blood lusted, I can't see how Superman would ever beat him.

Batman-Prime
Darkseid wins.

Nihilist
Thanos wins

Starscream M
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins you're a thanos fanboy no expression

Nihilist
Originally posted by Starscream M
you're a thanos fanboy no expression and you're a backward moron who never has a clue what he's talking about.

carver9
Thanos solos.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Nihilist
and you're a backward moron who never has a clue what he's talking about. wow...did I hit a nerve there? eek!

Nihilist
Originally posted by Starscream M
wow...did I hit a nerve there? eek! no you just showed your stupidty as the post above mine said the same as me ie a single character alone wins, brain-dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.