KMC vs Real debating

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
On KMC, we tend to take the characters at their max....

Ie, Superman using speedblitzes and GL recreating the entire Corps. Or Flash and his heat touch.

Or Thor and his godblast. Or Hulk and his dimensional claps. Or Surfer turning people into cookies.

This place is like CBR without the intelligence.

I vote that we use the characters as presented in the funny papers, not how we'd like to see them in the funny papers all the time.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni

Which is a good way to debate and what forum rules say.

CBR takes fights like Flash vs Batman seriously (and bash people who say Flash would win) this is backwards.

guy222

Ie, Superman using speedblitzes and GL recreating the entire Corps. Or Flash and his heat touch.

Or Thor and his godblast. Or Hulk and his dimensional claps. Or Surfer turning people into cookies.

I vote that we use the characters as presented in the funny papers, not how we'd like to see them in the funny papers all the time.

i learn

Accel
The only real problem I have with the way we debate is how people rely wayyyy too much on feats for debates. I mean it gets to the point where we start saying, "The most Person A lifted was 72 tons and the most Person B lifted was 73 tons, so Person B is clearly stronger!"

Draco69

"Real debating" ?

We should take Namor jobbing to Wolverine "really" seriously?

We have the in-character aspect nailed down....except there at bloodlust.

So, yeah, Superman WOULD speedblitz if he was bloodlusted. However Absorbing Man wouldn't absorb the oxygen molecules around him to turn into Iceman-lite because he's too damn dumb.

This is real debating. We use logic AND comic feats WHILE discounting feats that don't match up with their character and what they're capable of.

Badabing

Well, you can either make a thread with your stipulations or stay on CBR.

Draco69
Originally posted by Badabing
Well, you can either make a thread with your stipulations or stay on CBR.

CBR has the same rules we do. Except a bit stricter. Also all the battles have to take place in a "Khazan arena".

However CBR allows ANY fictional character to battle with another.

draxx_tOfU
i also like the color commentary over there...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
CBR has the same rules we do. Except a bit stricter. Also all the battles have to take place in a "Khazan arena".

However CBR allows ANY fictional character to battle with another.

"Khazan"?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Scoobless
"Khazan"?

I think its a HitchHikersGuide reference.

Soleran

laughing confused eek! rolling on floor laughing

Badabing
Originally posted by Soleran
laughing confused eek! rolling on floor laughing
HEY! This is serious stuff. mad

Soleran
HEY! This is serious stuff. mad

I wish I would have saved your description of debates from the WW vs SS forum that is a classic funny line for Comic debates.

Badabing
Originally posted by Soleran
I wish I would have saved your description of debates from the WW vs SS forum that is a classic funny line for Comic debates.
The fanboy post?

Evil_Ash
KMC 10/10

stick out tongue

Nikkolas
CBR Rumbles go on feats and feats alone. Any statement is disregarded as hyperbole unless it is actually shown in a feat. Thus, even statements regarding past events and canon are ditched. A character I know was said to have destroyed a planet but they ruled it out because we never saw it.

CBR discounts anything on panel that is not an actual feat.

Soleran
The fanboy post?

Yes except it isn't just about fanboyssmile mad

UniOmni
My real beef with this forums debating style, is that it doesn't translate into comics.

Superman uses his speed truly in a speedblitz manner like 4 times outta 100 showings.

Thats not his average.

Flash doesn't steal speed, but robs characters of their momentum...And he does that once in a blue moon. Yet forum flash does a speed steal and then a few hundred imps follow. Or heat touch, if Great Danes logged on.

I should know, i've used this tactic.

Its not debating characters, its debating powersets. And thats not true to the characters.

Maybe if we said like one time outta ten, Superman wins a match with a speedblitz on Surfer/Thor.

But we say 10/10 and say due to the speedblitz.

Or Thor 10/10, due to the Godblast.

Or Kyle/Hal 10/10, due to him recreating the JLA.

Or Surfer taking them on a trip through time, and leaving them in the time stream.

Its not the characters you debate, but the powersets and feats. Thats not debating, but a pissing contest.

PIS, and CIS are acronyms that make this forum laughable.
Pretty much, us saying which showings we like, and which ones we don't.

Taking character as well as power usages into consideration makes the debating much more worthwhile.

Soleran
So what exactly are you trying to say here?

xmarksthespot
I'm curious, is there some mystical force or legal technicality that requires that you continue to frequent the unintelligent KMC? And do you actually expect it to be changed because of a rant?

UniOmni
Its not a rant, but a revelation.

And me being me, i decided to share that revelation with the internetz.

Symmetric Chaos
Either drink the Hemlock or go back to CBR.

xmarksthespot
Its not a rant, but a revelation.

And me being me, i decided to share that revelation with the internetz. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think that will suffice.

xmeat
i agree you idiots rely to much on one feat to always determine who you think can win.

King Kandy
CBR is worse then we are.

UniOmni
Flash vs Exitar is a prime example of my point.

King Kandy
Flash vs Exitar is a prime example of my point.
Flash Vs. Batman... sick

xmarksthespot
Flash vs Exitar is a prime example of my point. Flash vs Exitar was a spite thread made deliberately to provoke great dane into saying stupid things.

doped

If that's a prime example of "your point", then Soleran's question is still unanswered.

xmeat
Originally posted by King Kandy
Flash Vs. Batman... sick just like supes always blitzing or so im told.

masterbruce
My real beef with this forums debating style, is that it doesn't translate into comics.

Superman uses his speed truly in a speedblitz manner like 4 times outta 100 showings.

Thats not his average.

Flash doesn't steal speed, but robs characters of their momentum...And he does that once in a blue moon. Yet forum flash does a speed steal and then a few hundred imps follow. Or heat touch, if Great Danes logged on.

I should know, i've used this tactic.

Its not debating characters, its debating powersets. And thats not true to the characters.

Maybe if we said like one time outta ten, Superman wins a match with a speedblitz on Surfer/Thor.

But we say 10/10 and say due to the speedblitz.

Or Thor 10/10, due to the Godblast.

Or Kyle/Hal 10/10, due to him recreating the JLA.

Or Surfer taking them on a trip through time, and leaving them in the time stream.

Its not the characters you debate, but the powersets and feats. Thats not debating, but a pissing contest.

PIS, and CIS are acronyms that make this forum laughable.
Pretty much, us saying which showings we like, and which ones we don't.

Taking character as well as power usages into consideration makes the debating much more worthwhile.

EXCELLENT POST! ECHOES MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! BEST KMC POST EVER.

masterbruce
what is CBR?

King Kandy
Originally posted by masterbruce
EXCELLENT POST! ECHOES MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! BEST KMC POST EVER.
No, this is:

Train your body, mind and soul.

Body: Work out 6 days a week doing weights and cardio. Learn Akido, Jujitsu, Caipera, greco wrestling, taekwando, street defense, and any other method you have time for.

Mind: Take forensics classes, chemistry, bioology, anatomy, calculus and anything else that would broaden your scope. Take law classes as well.

Soul: Take a trip to nature where you can be one with nature. Go live in a forest for a month without any technology and human communication. The insight you'll gain will be priceless.

After 2 years of doing the above, when you have reached a physical and mental peak, you will be ready for your initial street duties.

First, equip yourself. buy light kevlar, hockey goalies mask, shin guard, wrist and elbow pads, a helmet, and spiked shoes. Buy everything in black as you want to blend in. Then get some darts and ninja stars, a dagger, and a PDA.

Once you've geared up, go to the most dangerous neighborhood you know at midnight and start beating the crap out of people you think look suspicious.

Good luck, I'm on my 3rd year of vigilantism and I'm still alive and fine. Don't listen to the other geeky losers on this board, they dont have the balls to do what you and I choose to do.

masterbruce
No, this is:

please return to KMC after you've reached puberty. thank you.

King Kandy
please return to KMC after you've reached puberty. thank you.
Already have. I do wonder whether you have though.

masterbruce
Already have. I do wonder whether you have though.

edited because I'm against violence.

King Kandy
I could snap you like a spindly twig with little effort, not that I'm advocating violence by any means.
You don't even know me.

Give up, you're probably some Fat-Ass who lives with his mom. One Judo throw and you're done.

Or better yet, I could just punch you in the face. You'd probably go running off and cower in your closet for an hour.

xmarksthespot
I could snap you like a spindly twig with little effort with my telekinetic powers and superspeed, or just suck your soul into a hell dimension, not that I'm advocating violence by any means. Fixed. doped

Soleran
I could snap you like a spindly twig with little effort, not that I'm advocating violence by any means. thumb down Originally posted by King Kandy
You don't even know me.

Give up, you're probably some Fat-Ass who lives with his mom. One Judo throw and you're done.

Or better yet, I could just punch you in the face. You'd probably go running off and cower in your closet for an hour. thumb down

King Kandy
I could get punched in the face and cower in my closet for an hour.
Fixed.

UniOmni
No, this is:

Funniest thing i've ever read on this board.

If i ever read a story about how some vigilante got killed, i'll pour out a bit of liquour for you, MB.

the point of this thread was merely to call attention to the fact that we don't debate characters, but their powersets.

Thats all.

King_Mungi
Our system is faulty we go by characters best showings, even if the character did such an outrageous feat just once. It should be the average and how they are generally portrayed, the likes of Storm who apparently can take on Silver Surfer as per what some members believe, and Dr.Strange who he is at constant abstract-busting form.

Flash is another who has gotten out of hand, even though I love the character and of course Wolverine.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Our system is faulty we go by characters best showings, even if the character did such an outrageous feat just once. It should be the average and how they are generally portrayed, the likes of Storm who can take on Silver Surfer as per what some memebers believe, and Dr.Strange who think he is at constant abstract-busting form.

I am agreeing wth you. People also use certain characters low showings against the many many hi showings to degrade and put that character down becuz they don't like them or the company. an averaging of feats and character concept would be better

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I am agreeing wth you. People also use certain characters low showings against the many many hi showings to degrade and put that character down becuz they don't like them or the company. an averaging of feats and character concept would be better
How many threads have you made extolling why everyones a marvel fanboy?

nvrbeenwthagirl
How many threads have you made extolling why everyones a marvel fanboy?

This isn't my thread and even the mod agreed wth me that there was a marvial bias and always has been. move on to the next subject. I'm respondng to THIS thread.

King Kandy
This isn't my thread and even the mod agreed wth me that there was a marvial bias and always has been. move on to the next subject. I'm respondng to THIS thread.
I was just asking. How many have you made?

And it's hard to appreciate DC when you're it's main defender.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I was just asking. How many have you made?

And it's hard to appreciate DC when you're it's main defender.

It's hard to appreciate DC when you don't but the books and don't read them and then talk as if you have a clue.

King Kandy
It's hard to appreciate DC when you don't but the books and don't read them and then talk as if you have a clue.
I've read plenty of DC. I'm a big GLC fan. I've read the staples.

None of your arguments have been persuasive in the least.

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
i learn

good place to debate

nvrbeenwthagirl
I've read plenty of DC. I'm a big GLC fan. I've read the staples.

None of your arguments have been persuasive in the least.

Do I care if I have persuaded you? People have said that my arguments make sense. THe only reason people won't say so or give them a chance is becuz they don't like me for calling out the marvel bias. which even the mod said has been here always. So what do I care if I haven't persuaded you? The people who actually take the time to read what I say with open minds and some intellgent thought see my side as well.

xmarksthespot
Do I care if I have persuaded you? From the fact that you repeatedly make threads over and over saying the same thing e.g. with Thanos, as noted above, one would assume you do. Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
People have said that my arguments make sense. Who? Board Walker aka Jesse7, who thinks Superboy Prime can take Galactus
THe only reason people won't say so or give them a chance is becuz they don't like me for calling out the marvel bias. which even the mod said has been here always.I thought people didn't like you because you're an abrasive annoying yapping chihuahua, regardless of whether there's a Marvel bias.Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
So what do I care if I haven't persuaded you? The people who actually take the time to read what I say with open minds and some intellgent thought see my side as well. See one, two and three.

Psyquis52
Our system is faulty we go by characters best showings, even if the character did such an outrageous feat just once. It should be the average and how they are generally portrayed, the likes of Storm who apparently can take on Silver Surfer as per what some members believe, and Dr.Strange who he is at constant abstract-busting form.

Flash is another who has gotten out of hand, even though I love the character and of course Wolverine.

Co-signed. big grin

King Kandy
Do I care if I have persuaded you? People have said that my arguments make sense. THe only reason people won't say so or give them a chance is becuz they don't like me for calling out the marvel bias. which even the mod said has been here always. So what do I care if I haven't persuaded you? The people who actually take the time to read what I say with open minds and some intellgent thought see my side as well.
Are you living in complete denial? A look at any givin one of your threads will show that there are FAR more people against you then for you.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
From the fact that you repeatedly make threads over and over saying the same thing e.g. with Thanos, one would assume you do. Who? Board Walker aka Jesse7, who thinks Superboy Prime can take Galactus
I thought people didn't like you because you're an abrasive annoying yapping chihuahua, regardless of whether there's a Marvel bias.See one, two and three. [/QUOTE

Did you creme your pants at the thought that you actually said something important? all you did was spout a bunch of crap based off of your personal feelngs which has nothng to do wth this thread. now go wipe ur pants off and get lost. ANd actually Board Walker has not been the only one who has said I make sense. So please spare me ur so insiteful post when you can't even tell me ALL of the people who said I do make sense. And I could say I don't lke you becuz your a lame who thinks he will get cool points on the board if he decides to take his turn at pot shotting nvr. I have news for you, your still a loser lame and aren't one of the cool kids. Now you have much reason to dslike me. just remember you started it first.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Are you living in complete denial? A look at any givin one of your threads will show that there are FAR more people against you then for you.

Seeing as it's already been confirmed that there is and has always been a marvel bias, should I be surprised that there are more people against me? majority does not always mean they are right. Look at germay in the 40's, the USA in the 1800's, and other times. People in the majority can gve themselves props as being rght and be wrong as chocolate and pickles.

Jax_Jax
well, I think the thing people say of flash in here are legit.

i mean the feats and abilities are there. its not like someone is just making stuff up

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
From the fact that you repeatedly make threads over and over saying the same thing e.g. with Thanos, one would assume you do. Who? Board Walker aka Jesse7, who thinks Superboy Prime can take Galactus
I thought people didn't like you because you're an abrasive annoying yapping chihuahua, regardless of whether there's a Marvel bias.See one, two and three. "Your a lame" "lots of people like me, so there." Touchy as always. And ever so witty. Classic. Feel free to name the scores of people who don't think you're akin to a whiny yapping dog in a handbag. Make a thread with a poll, perhaps.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Jax_Jax
well, I think the thing people say of flash in here are legit.

i mean the feats and abilities are there. its not like someone is just making stuff up

Some people have said flash wll drop the multiverse on people. that feat is not there and it never will be.

Jax_Jax
people didnt say that.

great dane did,lol.

the biggest fanboy in here ever

King_Mungi
Another debate side-tracked into bickering...way to go.

Originally posted by Jax_Jax
people didnt say that.

great dane did,lol.

the biggest fanboy in here ever

I enjoyed his posts, they were a great laugh. His quotes were used as people's signatures for awhile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Another debate side-tracked into bickering...way to go.

They do it all the time. I'm sick of it. they really need to grow up.

Jax_Jax
You knnow, though great dane is ignorant and probably 6 years old, he did make me laugh my ass off.

ill never forget when he posted up that flash would know what exitar was doing by time traveling back a few seconds and "bounce the F**K out"

lol.

great_dane
jump off my penal jax.

your gay.

"he makes me laugh guys"

cheap ass admirer.

look, everything I've said of flash is perfectly legit, its all been proven off panels and scans, and comics.

he's the goat

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by great_dane
jump off my penal jax.

your gay.

"he makes me laugh guys"

cheap ass admirer.

look, everything I've said of flash is perfectly legit, its all been proven off panels and scans, and comics.

he's the goat

confused confused confused laughing laughing The flash is never beating any being more powerful than Thanos.

Scoobless
the point of this thread was merely to call attention to the fact that we don't debate characters, but their powersets.

That's true, however, most comics have plot holes and characters forgetting what their abilities are in order to keep the stories going.

Take "Onslaught" for example .... that would have lasted about 1 issue if Thor had just decided to use half the power Mjolnir has.

On KMC we debate the powers that characters have been shown to possess without the hindrance of making the match last 6 issues to boost sales.

How many times has the JLA been beaten back until Superman (or whoever) decided that he wasn't going to hold back anymore? ... we're simply starting with them not holding back and not forgetting what they can do or what they have done in the past.

Magee
Its the only way to debate comic characters other wise people would be going in circles all day long, well that already happens anyway. And I just love all the generalisation going on this thread, its great.

Soleran
Originally posted by Magee
Its the only way to debate comic characters other wise people would be going in circles all day long, well that already happens anyway. And I just love all the generalisation going on this thread, its great.

Also the generalization in your post is amusing eek! laughing

leonidas
be nice if a forum rule were added that went something like:

all feats are vaild in any argument, but they must have been performed by said character at least 3 times and at least once in the last 5 or so years . . .

pulling powers that haven't been seen in 40 years, and using one-time-only feats DOES get a bit ridiculous at times . . .

DigiMark007
CIS is a valid argument, on this forum (or any other, I would assume). If people are constantly using "bloodlust" rules, it's the posters' fault, not the forum's.

Also, creating minimums such as This:

Originally posted by leonidas
all feats are vaild in any argument, but they must have been performed by said character at least 3 times and at least once in the last 5 or so years . . .

...would be arbitrary and pointless (no offense leo). Part of comic debating revolves around what is and isn't valid. Why would I be in a better position to determine that than anyone else?

You personally decide how you'll debate, and what kinds of arguments you consider valid and/or invalid. Forum guidelines are secondary to how you conduct yourself. "The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars but in ourselves."

King Kandy
be nice if a forum rule were added that went something like:

pulling powers that haven't been seen in 40 years, and using one-time-only feats DOES get a bit ridiculous at times . . .
Yeah, but under that rule, say, you can't have a fight with the IG in it since it's been deactivated and thus has no feats for the last five years.

leonidas
Yeah, but under that rule, say, you can't have a fight with the IG in it since it's been deactivated and thus has no feats for the last five years.

the pretend rule would stand where applicable . . .

grey fox
After viewing this thread I have a few things to say....

A. Let's just re-name this thread to 'Uni's bitching thread'

B. If you dislike KMC's 'system' so much then haul your ass back to CBR where you can see if Ichigo and Naruto can take out the Incredible Hulk

C. Xmeat , your a joke no one cares. Just get back to thinking the hulk can kill Superman and then KMC can get it's fanboy quota back up to it's usual amount.

D. Masterbruce , you just don't seem to learn. When people are JUST starting to think your alright you start acting like a douche and we have to bring up your little 'transgression' as 'Batman-lite'.

E. Finally , Digi when is this getting locked ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
If you dislike KMC's 'system' so much then haul your ass back to CBR where you can see if Ichigo and Naruto can take out the Incredible Hulk

They could no contest.

leonidas
not helping . . . no

grey fox
not helping . . . no

Sorry , I just have a medical condition which causes me to 'deal' with any idiots .

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They could no contest.

Hellz NO !

Even with a full clone + chidori attack AND Hollow Ichigo attack it would only be a 4/10

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
Hellz NO !

Even with a full clone + chidori attack AND Hollow Ichigo attack it would only be a 4/10

I'm not sure what that means, but it seems even more misplaced than the thread was, even to begin with.

So....in that case...

A chikamatsu ryu chonin attack would seal the deal on the Hulk for at least 9/10. Banner'd get one shotted.

DigiMark007
Wow. You guys are right. I just read through this. It needs closed.

erm

...there were also words of mine taken slightly out of context, to prove a point that I never intended them for. But I don't feel like responding to that.

We're people, people. ( confused ). Start acting like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.