Doomsday vs. The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
For xmeat, because he asked for it.

To be fair, *snicker* Betty has been killed by DD, and Hulk saw it first hand. And with that, he should be angry enough to.........well, use your imagination. roll eyes (sarcastic) I think it's obvious who my money is on.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

To be fair, *snicker* Betty has been killed by DD, and Hulk saw it first hand. And with that, he should be angry enough to.........well, use your imagination. roll eyes (sarcastic) I think it's obvious who my money is on.

Doomsday.

Symmetric Chaos
Runner wins

Jax_Jax
hulk

masterbruce
I think it's obvious who my money is on.

But En Sabur Nur isn't in this battle!

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by masterbruce
But En Sabur Nur isn't in this battle!

Sorry masterbruce, but that joke would work better on Xplosive.

wink

TricksterPriest
Still funny. I mean, look at my sig and ava. It made perfect sense to me. And Xplosive isn't on very often.

Kurash
doomsday would tear him apart, hes a hell of a lot faster

HigH ScholaR
hulk

just look at the arc 'tempest fugit' were Nightmare told hulk he basically banged betty when she was dreaming, hulk ripped him in half literally on nightmare's own island which acts as his own realm so unless doomsday is more powerful then nightmare let alone in his own realm(island) then......... Hulk leaps away whether or not doomsday regenerates in time.

grey fox
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
hulk

just look at the arc 'tempest fugit' were Nightmare told hulk he basically bamged betty when she was dreaming, hulk ripped him in half literally on nightmare's own island which acts as his own realm so unless doomsday is more powerful then nightmare let alone in his own realm(island) then.........

Moot point. Hulk get's ripped to shreds.

Were talking about a creature which moved FASTER then flash could react and whose first punch sent Supes on the ropes.

HigH ScholaR
yes thats nice, but you do realise that it's not just hulk's strength that increases right its everything about him physucallt that does too, his strength, DURABILITY, SPEED, reflxes etc.

prof hulk once vibrated his hands 1/9 the speed of light. if this was an ordinary battle between them i would have said stalemate possibly doomsaday having the upperhand at first enought to ko him? i'm not sure.

Symmetric Chaos
prof hulk once vibrated his hands 1/9 the speed of light.

Seriously what use would that be?

TricksterPriest
If you think Hulk is winning this fight, you are delusional. Having the upper hand at first? How about through the whole fight? DD beat Supes, that alone means he should be able to beat Hulk. I basically gave Hulk a motivator and started him at a high level of strength, but all that will do is make sure DD doesn't kill him in the first 5 minutes. But make no mistake, Hulk may be a top tier brawler, but DD is as unstoppable as The General, and probably stronger.

edit: yeah, what does that prove? Sure it's fast, but how does that help him kill Krypton's greatest nightmare?

grey fox
yes thats nice, but you do realise that it's not just hulk's strength that increases right its everything about him physucallt that does too, his strength, DURABILITY, SPEED, reflxes etc.

prof hulk once vibrated his hands 1/9 the speed of light. if this was an ordinary battle between them i would have said stalemate possibly doomsaday having the upperhand at first enought to ko him? i'm not sure.

Whoopde-do.

Is this Prof Hulk ? No , so please STFU.

Hulk is so far from Supes at base it would take a few hundred YEARS for him to equal it out. Oh and BTW Doomsday was already beating on a 'Super-charged' Clark.

Hulk get's torn to shreds.

End of story.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by grey fox
Whoopde-do.

Is this Prof Hulk ? No , so please STFU.

Hulk is so far from Supes at base it would take a few hundred YEARS for him to equal it out. Oh and BTW Doomsday was already beating on a 'Super-charged' Clark.

Hulk get's torn to shreds.

End of story.

whoa no need to get excited i was merely pointing out a reflex feat that prof hulk did while totally calm (not ernaged).

If you think Hulk is winning this fight, you are delusional. Having the upper hand at first? How about through the whole fight? DD beat Supes, that alone means he should be able to beat Hulk. I basically gave Hulk a motivator and started him at a high level of strength, but all that will do is make sure DD doesn't kill him in the first 5 minutes. But make no mistake, Hulk may be a top tier brawler, but DD is as unstoppable as The General, and probably stronger.

edit: yeah, what does that prove? Sure it's fast, but how does that help him kill Krypton's greatest nightmare?

the motivation which you included was an enough motivation for hulk to get some wins off Doomsday as i've seen something like this happen before with the whole nightmare thing.

but there is one thing i agree on doomsday could well beat hulk punching him won't do much really neither will DD posions from his spikes so dd has to probably rip hulk's head off. But its the reason for the fight in the first place is what helps out hulk. Now if my opinion upsets a few poeple, this is a debate so who ever has the best argments in their favour wins and its not like i am saying hulk kils that son of a *****
Whoopde-do.

so please STFU.

End of story.

come on now thats not what i'm saying

xmeat
hulk beats rip off and since when the hell was DD fast as flash.

grey fox
whoa no need to get excited i was merely pointing out a reflex feat that prof hulk did while totally calm (not ernaged).

come on now thats not what i'm saying

Sorry , just getting a little ticked at the idiocy at some of the other threads + tiredness kicking in.

I'm one mean son of a b*tch if my sleep pattern get screwed up.

Galvaclaw
When he moved faster the the Flash could react. That's when it happened.

HigH ScholaR
nah its cool

its just anyopther day doosday could/can/will probably beat Hulk. it jsut the reason why they are fighting which question this.

when people say dd beat hulk they have to remember dd was meant to kill superman. DD body works differently from hulk's too.

xmeat
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
When he moved faster the the Flash could react. That's when it happened. doomsday blitzing hulk is utterly BS doomsday aint no speedster stop calling him on just cause he has one speed feat. Hell i could show a fast hulk feat that doesn't mean he has superspeed.

Scoobless

Were talking about a creature which moved FASTER then flash could react and whose first punch sent Supes on the ropes.

In "The Death of Superman", Superman barely noticed Doomsday's first punch.

If Hulk is fighting DD from his first appearance then they start at around the same level.

grey fox
Originally posted by xmeat
doomsday blitzing hulk is utterly BS doomsday aint no speedster stop calling him on just cause he has one speed feat. Hell i could show a fast hulk feat that doesn't mean he has superspeed.
He keeps up with BLITZING Supes , regularly.

Hulk get's Speedblitzed , accept it X-meat.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Scoobless
In "The Death of Superman", Superman barely noticed Doomsday's first punch.

If Hulk is fighting DD from his first appearance then they start at around the same level.

it was the posion from dd that did the most damage to supes i believe but correct me if i am wrong

grey fox
it was the posion from dd that did the most damage to supes i believe but correct me if i am wrong

I'm pretty sure he didn't develop the poison till his 2'nd to 3rd appear ace.

Scoobless
There was no poison in DOS or Hunter/Prey.

xmeat
He keeps up with BLITZING Supes , regularly.

Hulk get's Speedblitzed , accept it X-meat. hulk cant keep up with blitzing supes roll eyes (sarcastic) doomsday no faster than hulk deal with it.

grey fox
hulk cant keep up with blitzing supes roll eyes (sarcastic) doomsday no faster than hulk deal with it.

No , hulk CAN'T keep up with a Blitzing supes.

Neither can Hulk defeat the menagerie of peopel whom you belive he'll win agaisnt.

Deal with it.

xmeat
No , hulk CAN'T keep up with a Blitzing supes.

Neither can Hulk defeat the menagerie of cosmics you pit his against.

Deal with it. you have no proof hulk cant keep up with a blitzing supes so shut up til you have 100% proof.
onslaught and galaxy master were cosmic beings.

HigH ScholaR
I'm pretty sure he didn't develop the poison till his 2'nd to 3rd appear ace.

Thanks

Martian_mind
Onslaught got pwned by Captain America as well,So he's cosmic How?Why don't you prove that Hulk can react to something moving 22xthe speed of light?

HigH ScholaR

grey fox
you have no proof hulk cant keep up with a blitzing supes so shut up til you have 100% proof.

600 mph at max

Supes can go lightspeed.

Onslaught was bullshit , a crappy excuse to 'revamp' marvel.

Galaxy Master - laughing It's a ****ing vampire amoeba with some minor energy manipulation and matter creation
Nothing cosmic.

Hulk dies ACCEPT IT.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Onslaught got pwned by Captain America as well,So he's cosmic How?Why don't you prove that Hulk can react to something moving 22xthe speed of light?

Captain America >>>>>>>> The Multiverse

xmeat
600 mph at max

Supes can go lightspeed.

Onslaught was bullshit , a crappy excuse to 'revamp' marvel.

Galaxy Master - laughing It's a ****ing vampire amoeba with some minor energy manipulation and matter creation
Nothing cosmic.

Hulk dies ACCEPT IT. you dont know shit about GM punk. Show me a scan with hulk getting blitz.

Jamaican
Actually it was his Kick I believe that first got Supes flying. His first punch Superman just stayed there and basically "tried" Doomsday. He didn't even feel it.... but I get your point.

Are you saying that Hulk is just as fast as Doomsday?? If so, you're an idiot.

No way in hell does Hulk & Doomsday START at the same level. Correct me if I'm wrong - but last time I checked it took Hulk anger to get stronger and stronger. All Doomsday has in his head is anger. His rage level is where Hulk wishes he could start.

When he kicked Superman and either Supes or someone in the JLA said "Whoa...he's...as fast as flash". If you'd like the exact page number and a scan of where he says it - Holler @ Me.
Also, please try and make sure that your sentences make sense so we can all read them correctly. Thanks!

Children Children - this forum has been over this a couple of times now. The only way Hulk beats Doomsday is if someone were to make him turn into his ultimate anger from the get go. (wasn't this done against Onslaught??). That's the ONLY way he could stand a chance. Apart from that - you can't KILL Doomsday. It's impossible. I guess technically you kill him, but he comes back to life. And here's the best part: once you kill him one way - he is immune to that death from then on in. Superman already killed him VIA physical death - other than that way, I don't know of any other way Hulk could kill him.

Mindship
Isn't this canon? A very angry Hulk caused pre-crisis, hands-akimbo, I-ain't-movin'-for-Nothin' Superman to budge. I don't think Doomsday has anywhere near that level of strength. An already supercharged Hulk grabs DD's shoulders and rips his skeleton out from both sides.

Of course, that trick will only work once...

xmeat
Originally posted by Mindship
Isn't this canon? A very angry Hulk caused pre-crisis, hands-akimbo, I-ain't-movin'-for-Nothin' Superman to budge. I don't think Doomsday has anywhere near that level of strength. An already supercharged Hulk grabs DD's shoulders and rips his skeleton out from both sides.

Of course, that trick will only work once... hell yeah and and please stop saying DD is as fast as flash it only makes you even more of a fanboy then you people already are.

Jamaican
Exactly so - a very angry Hulk. By the time Hulk gets there, it's over

You retard. So because it's written somewhere, us repeating it creates fanboy-ism. OK.

grey fox
you dont know shit about GM punk.

'Punk' , HAH. I'd feel threatened if you weren't some basement dweller who bangs his Hulk hands together every time he feels like 'getting angry'

But here if this will stop your whining.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/galxmast.htm

The best 'cosmic' thing he has is draining planets of energy. Guess what ,it's been done before.

A lame , weaker , amoeba rip off of Galactus. Wow I didn't think that the Silver Age could get worse. Guess i was proven wrong.

grey fox
it only makes you even more of a fanboy then you people already are.

http://www.hardkor-sports.com/Humor-Images/OXYMORON-enlarged.gif

xmeat
Originally posted by Jamaican
Exactly so - a very angry Hulk. By the time Hulk gets there, it's over

You retard. So because it's written somewhere, us repeating it creates fanboy-ism. OK. show a scan with dd moving as fast as flash bet you cant cause he cant and he aint blitzing hulk.

grey fox
show a scan with dd moving as fast as flash bet you cant cause he cant and he aint blitzing hulk.

Here , just to shut you up I have the whole damn ARC

http://community.livejournal.com/hoivenicons/8951.html
Now he's Blitzing Supes, whom can Blitz hulk.

xmeat
Here , just to shut you up I have the whole damn ARC

http://community.livejournal.com/hoivenicons/8951.html
Now he's Blitzing Supes, whom can Blitz hulk. Awesome but that doesn't prove he's as fast as flash and he wasn't blitzing supes.

jinzin

laughing out loud

Q-F-T. no expression

jinzin
the motivation which you included was an enough motivation for hulk to get some wins off Doomsday as i've seen something like this happen before with the whole nightmare thing.

no you have never seen anything like this happen before... EVER.

What you saw, was (as already discussed) a MOOT point.....

venom and wolverine nearly killed nightmare in his own realm.
wolverine and ghostrider nearly destroyed nightmares realm ITSELF...

does that mean these teams stand a chance against doomsday?
NO...

Now, aside from the fact that random temper tantrums don't really validate that a person can beat doomsday in a fight, do you have any.. oh I dunno.. actual EVIDENCE that hulk can winn here?

jinzin
hulk cant keep up with blitzing supes roll eyes (sarcastic) doomsday no faster than hulk deal with it.

in spite of this being something that doomsday regularly does?

superman's mentioned on several occasions that he has a hard time avoiding doomsday's onslaught..

TricksterPriest
Wow, several years later and it's still one of the greatest fights ever drawn or written in comics. thumbup1 Superman, you are truly a legend. *salutes* Hulk would have died 10 pages or so earlier. DD is unstoppable to the likes of Hulk.

jinzin
you have no proof hulk cant keep up with a blitzing supes so shut up til you have 100% proof.

hulk can't even keep up with a blitzing wolverine.. What the f**k?

jinzin
show a scan with dd moving as fast as flash bet you cant cause he cant and he aint blitzing hulk.

doomsday wars...

not only does doomsday wrap wonder woman in her own rope so fast that SHE can't react to it (wonder woman being the girl who deflects automatic machine gun fire from all sides with her wrists.) but then he launches her into flash who's coming up behind them... he did it right there on panal for the whole world to see..

Batman-Prime
Hulk is a Solomon Grundy rippoff, DC wins for their orginality.

The "intelligent" DD would loose against an raging Hulk, the mindless DD would win 10/10 battles.

jinzin
if it was doomsday rex, then yeah he loses...

if it was the intelligent dd from the gog wars.. then he clobbers hulk...

TricksterPriest
Hmm, good point. DD is garbage when he has a brain. For the record, this is DD at his strongest, and he hates Hulk the way he normally hates kryptonians. smokin'

Jinzin: eek! I need to see that scan. My god, I NEED TO SEE THAT SCAN! That sounds ungodly cool.

jinzin
I don't know if I can get my scanner to work.. it's been months since I've tried to scan something.. but I'll see what I can do... if anything I can take a pic of it with my digital camera or something.

xmeat
Wow, several years later and it's still one of the greatest fights ever drawn or written in comics. thumbup1 Superman, you are truly a legend. *salutes* Hulk would have died 10 pages or so earlier. DD is unstoppable to the likes of Hulk. hulk would of last longer than supes due to his healing factor hulk never died supes has.

xmeat
you guys are all bullshitting fanboys just like the ones that said.

supes beats odin
flash beats exitar
mr.mxy beating LT
now doomsday as fast as flash who can as fast as lightspeed. laughing laughing laughing

jinzin
supes has a healing factor of his own.. erm

hell so did bloodwind.. didn't help them much.....

plus healing factor doesn't do much to keep you from getting knocked out...

iron man proved that.. against hulk.. no expression

jinzin
you guys are all bullshitting fanboys just like the ones that said.

supes beats odin
flash beats exitar
mr.mxy beating LT
now doomsday as fast as flash who can as fast as lightspeed. laughing laughing laughing

it's been a part of his character since his first appearance.. confused

TricksterPriest
..............ok, that's it. I give up. surrender This fanboy can't be reasoned with. I'm just going to ignore his posts from now on. Congrats Xmeat, you have throughly convinced me you are an unreasonable buffoon, and a complete idiot.

Isn't gog wars DD non-canon?

xmeat
Originally posted by jinzin
it's been a part of his character since his first appearance.. confused that he's as fast as flash show a scan with dd running the speed of light.

xmeat
..............ok, that's it. I give up. surrender This fanboy can't be reasoned with. I'm just going to ignore his posts from now on. Congrats Xmeat, you have throughly convinced me you are an unreasonable buffoon, and a complete idiot.

Isn't gog wars DD non-canon? same here dipshit i dont take anyone that thinks apoc can beat hulk seriously anyway.

jinzin

Isn't gog wars DD non-canon?

kinda depends on how you look at canon.. the events DID take place.. but then gog just went back in time and changed them.. erm

DC's "version" of canon is pretty loose though so while that doomsday DOES exist and DID exist in the current timeline.. he doesn't anymore due to gog going BACK in time to yet another current timeline.. you see it's confusing as hell.

jinzin
that he's as fast as flash show a scan with dd running the speed of light.

why do I need a scan of dd running at light speed to prove that dd's fighting speed and reflexes are well on par with someone like flash?

xmeat
why do I need a scan of dd running at light speed to prove that dd's fighting speed and reflexes are well on par with someone like flash? cause thats as fast flash is is dd capable of lightspeed.

jinzin
not running, not yet proven anyways... but his hand movements and fighting speed are well on par with flach and faster than superman or wonderwoman which has been shown on several occasions..

DD's running speed is irrelivent here.. hulk will see him coming, cause he certainly doesn't run at lightspeed... but that's all hulk's seeing before it's lights out.

xmeat
not running, not yet proven anyways... but his hand movements and fighting speed are well on par with flach and faster than superman or wonderwoman which has been shown on several occasions..

DD's running speed is irrelivent here.. hulk will see him coming, cause he certainly doesn't run at lightspeed... but that's all hulk's seeing before it's lights out. no hulk has tagged faster and he wont get knocked out.

jinzin
why won't he get knocked out?

he's been knocked out by one of mole men's giants,
doctor octopus' arms,
spiderman carying a cement truck,
iron man with a full force hit,
iron fist using his own momentum against him,
titanus in three hits,
post crisis superman in a VERY SHORT and very uninspired fight,
namor,
an energy blast from thor,
a conductive blast that knocked out hulk, but not namor,
an avalanche while fighting wolverine.

you're acting like he can't be KOed.. he can..
you're acting like he's fast enough to react to doomsday... he's not..

prove that he is... he's not even fast enough to tag wolverine when wolverine puts his ass into high gear. erm

xmeat

doctor octopus' arms,
titanus in three hits,
namor,

prove that he is... he's not even fast enough to tag wolverine when wolverine puts his ass into high gear. erm everyone has pis low feats even superman and lets not forget grundy who kicks supes ass then gets owned by batman.

xmeat

doctor octopus' arms,
titanus in three hits,
namor,

prove that he is... he's not even fast enough to tag wolverine when wolverine puts his ass into high gear. erm show a scan of hulk getting blitz

jinzin
everyone has pis low feats even superman and lets not forget grundy who kicks supes ass then gets owned by batman.

grundy has a reason for that though.. his strength and durability CHANGE with every form...
what's hulk's excuse? oh that's right PIS.

you call every time the guy's been knocked out PIS?
laughing out loud

you ARE pretty hopeless aren'tcha?

show a scan of hulk getting blitz

well there's certainly plenty out there... I mean DD's done it, captain america's done it, spiderman's done it...

but a speed blitze isn't the point here..

hulk just doesn't have the fast twich reflex speed to FIGHT doomsday.. it doesn't so much have to do with blitzing as it does fighting.

Hercules
Ok, I LOVE the Hulk, really I do and as much as I would want him to be able to beat Doomsday, he just can't...

A really, really, really PO'd Hulk would be Doomsday's equal in strength and durability IMO.

If were saying he is at that anger level after having seen Doomsday kill Betty in front of him then yes he is as strong a DD.

BUT, can he match DD's speed? No he can't, I think he would also try to beat down Doomsday in his rage, Superman already beat Doomsday Physicaly so DD is not going down no matter how strong Hulk gets.

If were saying that seeing Betty die in front of him, gets him angry but not as PO'd as he can get then Doomsday totals him, pretty quickly.

If Hulk starts at base level, this fight is over within a matter of minutes...

The problem with putting any Marvel character against any DC character is the power levels in the two universes are light years apart DC characters are just plainly more powerful.

A group of guys who played the Marvel RPG, did stats for all major DC characters including Doomsday, to see how they would play in the MU.

Doomsday's basic strength stat on there, is the same as Hulk's maximum strength stat after getting enraged for about four turns, I know people will say "Hulk has no limits" but he has to have a limit for a game.

Using the RPG as an indication, Doomsday, could knock a base level Hulk out in the first turn, he wouldn't have a chance to get angry cause he would have been KTFO.

I know an RPG is no real indicator but these stats were created by MARVEL fans based on DC comic characters feats in the comic books and honestly most of the heavy hitters in DC, own the heavy hitters in marvel.

This is not a bad thing, its just two different universes following two different sets of rules.

Marvels speedsters break the sound barrier, DC's break the speed of light, Class 100 is considered very strong in Marvel, Superman lifts battleships weighing 5,000 tons.

Just live with it, Vs threads are fun, not for getting so heated up about, Doomsday beats Hulk 10/10.

A really, really, really enraged Hulk just lasts longer, fighting isn't just about strength and toughness, its about skill and speed and technique too.

Take two heavy weight boxers, both of equal strength but one happens to be 10 times as fast and one can land 10 punches in the time it takes the other to land one.

Hands up who's betting on the slower boxer...

Sorry for the long post.

Magee
Why even bother.

TricksterPriest
I'm honestly kind of surprised Marvel fans would admit that DC is stronger, or that a game could be taken as an endorsement either way. But I see what you're getting at.

Their estimate of DD's strength level is pretty accurate. Hulk is that much outclassed. You could compare this to the Ali-Foreman fight, but DD doesn't have to do rope-a-dope to win.

Hercules
I'm honestly kind of surprised Marvel fans would admit that DC is stronger, or that a game could be taken as an endorsement either way. But I see what you're getting at.

Their estimate of DD's strength level is pretty accurate. Hulk is that much outclassed. You could compare this to the Ali-Foreman fight, but DD doesn't have to do rope-a-dope to win.

Well there are marvel fans and marvel FANBOYS thats the difference wink

I prefer the Marvel Universe to the DC universe but I'm not stupid, I have read enough DC to know that their characters are much more powerful.

The guys that wrote the stats are big Marvel fans and fans of the RPG but they were also comic fans in general and for game balance you can't really show bias.

I'm not saying this is an endorsement, its not, I just thought they have got the Doomsday stats pretty much spot on and it was as good an indicator as any, as to how a fight between these two would go.

TricksterPriest
So, I gotta know. Does Deadpool get an insanity bonus or any kind of bonus because of his craziness? stick out tongue

xmeat
dc and marvel powerhouses are equal not different marvel has its flaws and dc has its flaws people who say one universe is more powerful than the other clearly are either fanboys or dont know enough about the other univrses power houses.

Now DD doesn't have superspeed he just is a faster fighter but he is not to fast that hulk shouldn't tag him and hulk will no matter what any of you think.

Hercules
dc and marvel powerhouses are equal not different marvel has its flaws and dc has its flaws people who say one universe is more powerful than the other clearly are either fanboys or dont know enough about the other univrses power houses.

Now DD doesn't have superspeed he just is a faster fighter but he is not to fast that hulk shouldn't tag him and hulk will no matter what any of you think.

Well how can I debate with someone who puts up such a rational argument? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok so Hulk tags him, fine, it can happen, never said it couldn't, would it hurt him?

And now you have admited DD is faster, so he will land more blows,even if these two are equal in strength (re read my post, I have already stated its possible) Hulk gets hit more often and goes down.

Nope but he does get a healing factor that is better than Logan's and its mentioned in his profile that he could change sides mid fight. big grin

xmeat
Originally posted by Hercules
Well how can I debate with someone who puts up such a rational argument? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok so Hulk tags him, fine, it can happen, never said it couldn't, would it hurt him?

And now you have admited DD is faster, so he will land more blows,even if these two are equal in strength (re read my post, I have already stated its possible) Hulk gets hit more often and goes down.

thor faster than hulk didn't stop hulk from beating his ass.

SupaEZE
OOOOOO this is a really good thread, You have to think about the fact that Hulk gets angrier and stronger the longer he see's an enemys face. Doomsday, an unstopable force...........I would say that they both fight to the point where they just desroy whatever planet they are fighting on.
(DRAW)

xmeat
Originally posted by SupaEZE
OOOOOO this is a really good thread, You have to think about the fact that Hulk gets angrier and stronger the longer he see's an enemys face. Doomsday, an unstopable force...........I would say that they both fight to the point where they just desroy whatever planet they are fighting on.
(DRAW) i agree

Hercules
thor faster than hulk didn't stop hulk from beating his ass.

Well for one those fights were hardly one sided, two Hulk and Thor have very similar strength levels, three have you read Infinity Crusade? they sent Drax AND Hulk against Thor, yes he had warrior madness at the time but still, earth's hero's thought Drax with the power gem needed to accompany Hulk.

DD hits a LOT harder than Thor and is a LOT faster, Superman beat Thor and DD KILLED Superman.

See where I'm going with this?

Your talking to me as if I hate Hulk, fact of the matter is, I have read the Hulk since the early 80's I love the character, I'm just not a blind fanboy who thinks because he is "Marvels Mightiest Mortal" he can take anyone on.

At this point I am going to cease responding, because its clear this is the internet equivalent of talking to a brick wall.

xmeat
Well for one those fights were hardly one sided, two Hulk and Thor have very similar strength levels, three have you read Infinity Crusade? they sent Drax AND Hulk against Thor, yes he had warrior madness at the time but still, earth's hero's thought Drax with the power gem needed to accompany Hulk.

DD hits a LOT harder than Thor and is a LOT faster, Superman beat Thor and DD KILLED Superman.

See where I'm going with this?

Your talking to me as if I hate Hulk, fact of the matter is, I have read the Hulk since the early 80's I love the character, I'm just not a blind fanboy who thinks because he is "Marvels Mightiest Mortal" he can take anyone on.

At this point I am going to cease responding, because its clear this is the internet equivalent of talking to a brick wall. thor can beat DD or have you not heard of mangog and Destroyer.

UniOmni
The Hulk hate on this board is most disturbing....You'd think he squashed one of your homes in one of his fictional(not real so doesn't deserve this ire) rampages.

Let me say a couple things.

Hulk can go from calm to enraged in seconds.

This whole thing about it taking a whole day for him to reach Supermans level, and thus DD's isn't supported by comics.

Him matching Thor, and not climbing higher quickly is simply the editorials way of keeping the fans of both happy.

Same way Superman is constantly touted as the biggest weapon DC Earth has, yet whenever he faces Cap or Wonderwoman, his dominance isn't showcased.....
So as not to alienate either group of fans.

DD, doesn't dwarf Hulk in strength at the onset. He might have the edge, but it can be lost in seconds.

Lastly, DD has been killed by the same means twice.

Radiant killed him in a blast of pure energy, and Imperiex vaped him with a blast of energy.

The forumlore of DD has gotten out of control.

And he doesn't consistently speedblitz, if thats even what it can be called.

Hulk can win some, as can DD.

I'll call it down the middle.

And to whoever said Hulk is a Grundy rip off.........True enough, but Whirly, Superman is clearly based off of Doc Savage.

dvampire
DD wins. Via speedbiltz.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
The Hulk hate on this board is most disturbing....You'd think he squashed one of your homes in one of his fictional(not real so doesn't deserve this ire) rampages.

This whole thing about it taking a whole day for him to reach Supermans level, and thus DD's isn't supported by comics.

Him matching Thor, and not climbing higher quickly is simply the editorials way of keeping the fans of both happy.

Same way Superman is constantly touted as the biggest weapon DC Earth has, yet whenever he faces Cap or Wonderwoman, his dominance isn't showcased.....

DD, doesn't dwarf Hulk in strength at the onset. He might have the edge, but it can be lost in seconds.

Radiant killed him in a blast of pure energy, and Imperiex vaped him with a blast of energy.

And to whoever said Hulk is a Grundy rip off.........True enough, but Whirly, Superman is clearly based off of Doc Savage.

Who said Imperiex and The Radiants energy was the same?

TricksterPriest

......Xmeat appears to have called in reinforcements. I'd respond to the ungodly stupidity in that post, but I'm trying to cut down on fanboys in my diet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmeat
......Xmeat appears to have called in reinforcements. I'd respond to the ungodly stupidity in that post, but I'm trying to cut down on fanboys in my diet. roll eyes (sarcastic) TAKES A FANBOY TO KNOW ONE.

xmeat
Originally posted by dvampire
DD wins. Via speedbiltz. bs BLITZ

nvrbeenwthagirl
Doomsday is stronger than superman and as fast or faster. I good speed blitz Mega doomsday darkseid sucker punch should do it.

xmeat
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Doomsday is stronger than superman and as fast or faster. I good speed blitz Mega doomsday darkseid sucker punch should do it. laughing laughing

Hercules
Well I agree that it doesn't take the Hulk days to get to Superman's or DD's level strength wise.

Radient couldn't defeat him the second time in the same manner, just because both he and Imperiex beat him with energy, doesn't follow that they were the same types of energy or are you saying that Imperiex's blast was a lot more powerful than Radient's and thats what killed him?

He will build up an immunity to whatever kills him so it cannot kill him again, if were saying that a more powerful attack of the same type can kill him, then can Hulk Surpass Supes Strength level in time to bludgeon DD?

Also depending on who you listen to, Hulks Base Level can be as little as Class 70-80, Nowhere near Superman's league, Hulk can go beyond this in seconds of cause, this has been proved for instance when Abomination was taking Hulk to school until he mentioned killing Betty.

Within the space of a few panels Hulk had literaly caved Abomination's face in as the rage increased his strength.

As I have said, I don't hate Hulk, I just think he is out of his league here and to be fair, Rabid Hulk Fanboys, only make the Hulk hating worse.

My favourite Incarnations of the Hulk are the weaker versions of him, adds more flavour to the character, a Hero that can simply out muscle everyone he meets gets old fast.

I can't wait for Hulk to get back to earth and ***** slap the iluminati so Its harsh to say anyone who thinks DD can take out Hulk everytime are haters.

I do think Hulk has a chance against Superman, I just don't think he has the same chance against DD.

Its just my opinion, based on what I have seen and read, if someone gives me conclusive proof that Hulk can beat DD 50% of the time that opinion could change.

I have just yet to see it.

Accel
Really, the only versions of DD that Hulk stands can beat are DoS Doomsday and DD Rex. Against any other version and Hulk would get whomped.

The speed advantage would be the hardest thing to overcome, but some writers, including PAD, view Hulk's speed as something derived from his strength, basically meaning that the stronger Hulk became, the faster he would become.

UniOmni
Well I agree that it doesn't take the Hulk days to get to Superman's or DD's level strength wise.

Radient couldn't defeat him the second time in the same manner, just because both he and Imperiex beat him with energy, doesn't follow that they were the same types of energy or are you saying that Imperiex's blast was a lot more powerful than Radient's and thats what killed him?

He will build up an immunity to whatever kills him so it cannot kill him again, if were saying that a more powerful attack of the same type can kill him, then can Hulk Surpass Supes Strength level in time to bludgeon DD?

Also depending on who you listen to, Hulks Base Level can be as little as Class 70-80, Nowhere near Superman's league, Hulk can go beyond this in seconds of cause, this has been proved for instance when Abomination was taking Hulk to school until he mentioned killing Betty.

Within the space of a few panels Hulk had literaly caved Abomination's face in as the rage increased his strength.

As I have said, I don't hate Hulk, I just think he is out of his league here and to be fair, Rabid Hulk Fanboys, only make the Hulk hating worse.

My favourite Incarnations of the Hulk are the weaker versions of him, adds more flavour to the character, a Hero that can simply out muscle everyone he meets gets old fast.

I can't wait for Hulk to get back to earth and ***** slap the iluminati so Its harsh to say anyone who thinks DD can take out Hulk everytime are haters.

I do think Hulk has a chance against Superman, I just don't think he has the same chance against DD.

Its just my opinion, based on what I have seen and read, if someone gives me conclusive proof that Hulk can beat DD 50% of the time that opinion could change.

I have just yet to see it.

See, i can respond to you, simply because you don't fall back upon the fanboy excuse that less skilled debaters tend to resort too.

The only place that ever said Hulk starts out at class 80, are the handbooks, iirc.
Handbooks are there to reinforce whats shown in the comics, not supercede them.
In comics, once Hulk transforms, which is generally under stressful or angered circumstances, he's class 100 period.
Only on this forum does the he's only class 80 thing come up, and showings don't support those claims.

Now to the Doomsday fiasco.
Where people ever got the idea, that once DD is killed by something, he's now immune to it, i do not know.
Anyone who's read H/P, would realize that he was killed repeatedly, by the atmosphere of native Krypton, and then by the native creatures of Krypton. Many times over.
He doesn't develope an immunity to what kills him altogether. He developes an immunity to what kills him, at that level.

If DD was a human, if i killed him on Saturday night with a 22, then on Sunday i'd merk him with a 45.
To hear people on this board tell it, once killed by bullet, now DD is immune to bullets altogether. Not so.

Radiant killed him in an energy blast. It never said if the later version was more powerful than before, so i guessed it was the same power level, overall.
Radiant killed DD, with an energy blast that registered 100. DD is now immune to death from energy 100 and below. Imperiex blasts him with energy that registers 10,000. Its a pattern.

He developed immunities to the gases of Krypton over repeated exposures, only becoming resistant after death.
Put him back on Ancient Krypton, and up the potency of the atmosphere, and he'd likely die again, as per H/P.

DD against a foe who's powerful, but doesn't have any sort of true dynamic power = DD the winnah.
The Hulk isn't that guy however.

DD's resistance goes up, Hulks ability to put on more damage does the same.

I'd give Hulk the better odds against DD, than i would Superman.
DD is a guy who punches, and punches harder. Him in a nutshell.

Superman can do much more, and at more consistently shown speeds..

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by dvampire
DD wins. Via speedbiltz.

laughing

I've read Death of Superman all the way through on multiple occasions. Hulk did similar to Doomsday against the Avengers on multiple occasions.

OH NOES! HE TOOK OUT A BUNCH OF B-LISTERS!

Seriously, Hulk kicks his ass.

TricksterPriest
See, i can respond to you, simply because you don't fall back upon the fanboy excuse that less skilled debaters tend to resort too.

The only place that ever said Hulk starts out at class 80, are the handbooks, iirc.
Handbooks are there to reinforce whats shown in the comics, not supercede them.
In comics, once Hulk transforms, which is generally under stressful or angered circumstances, he's class 100 period.
Only on this forum does the he's only class 80 thing come up, and showings don't support those claims.

Now to the Doomsday fiasco.
Where people ever got the idea, that once DD is killed by something, he's now immune to it, i do not know.
Anyone who's read H/P, would realize that he was killed repeatedly, by the atmosphere of native Krypton, and then by the native creatures of Krypton. Many times over.
He doesn't develope an immunity to what kills him altogether. He developes an immunity to what kills him, at that level.

If DD was a human, if i killed him on Saturday night with a 22, then on Sunday i'd merk him with a 45.
To hear people on this board tell it, once killed by bullet, now DD is immune to bullets altogether. Not so.

Radiant killed him in an energy blast. It never said if the later version was more powerful than before, so i guessed it was the same power level, overall.
Radiant killed DD, with an energy blast that registered 100. DD is now immune to death from energy 100 and below. Imperiex blasts him with energy that registers 10,000. Its a pattern.

He developed immunities to the gases of Krypton over repeated exposures, only becoming resistant after death.
Put him back on Ancient Krypton, and up the potency of the atmosphere, and he'd likely die again, as per H/P.

DD against a foe who's powerful, but doesn't have any sort of true dynamic power = DD the winnah.
The Hulk isn't that guy however.

DD's resistance goes up, Hulks ability to put on more damage does the same.

I'd give Hulk the better odds against DD, than i would Superman.
DD is a guy who punches, and punches harder. Him in a nutshell.

Superman can do much more, and at more consistently shown speeds..

you're right about DD being immune to X level of whatever killed him. The problem is, Superman far outclasses Hulk in pretty much everything. So DD has already fought someone stronger, faster, smarter and more powerful than Hulk, and he won. Hulk is severely outclassed in this fight.

The time it will take Hulk to get over Superman's max strength level is time DD won't give him. Hulk will be killed before he attains the strength to outpower DD. Not to mention DD has a poison on his bones that could affect even Supes. Said poison may be purged by the healing factor, but that will waste precious energy and DD won't give him the chance to get a 2nd wind.

And in terms of bloodlust, I'd say DD's bloodlust and anger are much more dangerous and deep than Hulk's. After all, if you died X number of times because of Kryptonians, and as a child, no less, and were revived countless times only to keep dying, you'd be a rageaholic too. (X being somewhere over say, 5-10k minimum? I'm guessing here, anyone have a better idea of the figure?)

Edit: You just lost a lot of my respect, Howard. sad

Beta Ray Howard
Edit: You just lost a lot of my respect, Howard. sad

I'm going to be honest about something: Why do you think that everyone who tries to slug it out with Hulk loses?

Doomsday can't do the vaunted Speedblitz. He knocked away a bunch of b-list JLA members, and John Stewart. Whoopdie f#@$ing do.

Also, Superman outclasses Hulk in everything but two things: Intelligence (counting Bruce Banner's intellect here) and Strength. Hulk's strength feats are damn near unmatched in comics, and that's the truth.

All Doomsday can do is slug it out. He's pretty limited. All Hulk can do is slug it out, except one thing is neglected: Doomsday will weaken over time. Hulk won't.

Doomsday's going to go down eventually. Any Brick vs Brick fight vs Hulk is going to mean that Hulk wins out at the end.

It's elementary, my dear Trickster.

grey fox
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
laughing

I've read Death of Superman all the way through on multiple occasions. Hulk did similar to Doomsday against the Avengers on multiple occasions.

OH NOES! HE TOOK OUT A BUNCH OF B-LISTERS!

Seriously, Hulk kicks his ass.

How is a GL and MM B-listers ?

Beta Ray Howard
How is a GL and MM B-listers ?

Manhunter acted like a doofus there, and to be honest, wasn't established as a huge powerhouse yet.

UniOmni
I don't buy into the belief that it takes any significant amount of time for the Hulk to jump to insane levels of strength Trickster, but you obviously do.

We'll agree to disagree.
You feel that Superman outpaces the Hulk in strength, and it takes time for Hulk to get on the level. This in turn means that he won't be able to budge DD, and thus loses by default.

I see it differently. Hulk gets mad, power levels spike, and the rumble kicks up a notch. DD is healing as he brawls, as is the Hulk.

The poison might do the trick, or it might not.
This fight favors Hulk, more than it would Superman in his place.

Beta Ray Howard
Uni's got it down pat. Every time Hulk fights it never takes him long to get pissed. In combat, anger spikes quick, especially for someone with a bad temper.

A drawn out battle would only end up with Doomsday panting and dealing with Hulk at the level of rage he was at during Crossroads or the Dark Dimension.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Does anyone really think Hulk could put Doomsday down. Doomsday has shown in Gog wars that the more pressure he is under, the faster he evolves. what in the sam hill is hulk going to do to being who evolves powers just to win?

Beta Ray Howard
Does anyone really think Hulk could put Doomsday down. Doomsday has shown in Gog wars that the more pressure he is under, the faster he evolves. what in the sam hill is hulk going to do to being who evolves powers just to win?

That same Doomsday got KTFOed by Superman, and he didn't have too much trouble with it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That same Doomsday got KTFOed by Superman, and he didn't have too much trouble with it.

Superman is beyond the Hulk.

Beta Ray Howard
Superman is beyond the Hulk.

no expression

He's above Hulk. Beyond would suggest that he's too powerful to be taken down.

Which is stupid.

Superman used a touch of superspeed and some hard punches against Doomsday Rex.

Hulk hits a LOT harder than Superman does. That's a proven point.

TricksterPriest
DO NOT use DD rex as an example of DD's abilities, as Supes himself said, DD rex is nowhere near the threat DD is normally.

And no, it's not proven that Hulk hits harder than Supes.

I really, really, hate to agree with Nvr, but he is correct. Superman IS beyond Hulk.

nvrbeenwthagirl
no expression

He's above Hulk. Beyond would suggest that he's too powerful to be taken down.

Which is stupid.

Superman used a touch of superspeed and some hard punches against Doomsday Rex.

Hulk hits a LOT harder than Superman does. That's a proven point.

How can the Hulk hit harder than Superman when Superman is Denser? It's one reason why Thanos hits so hard. The Tuffer your skin, backed by uber strength, the harder you hit. It's why Thor and BRB hit so hard with thier hammers. Plus speed is a factor or didn't you know? The faster something hit's something, the harder it hits. No way hulk can hit harder than supers when super's is tuffer and faster on top of his rediculous strength.

xmeat
DO NOT use DD rex as an example of DD's abilities, as Supes himself said, DD rex is nowhere near the threat DD is normally.

I really, really, hate to agree with Nvr, but he is correct. Superman IS beyond Hulk. YOU AGREE CAUSE YOUR BOTH DAMN FANBOYS.

Beta Ray Howard
How can the Hulk hit harder than Superman when Superman is Denser? It's one reason why Thanos hits so hard. The Tuffer your skin, backed by uber strength, the harder you hit. It's why Thor and BRB hit so hard with thier hammers. Plus speed is a factor or didn't you know? The faster something hit's something, the harder it hits. No way hulk can hit harder than supers when super's is tuffer and faster on top of his rediculous strength.

Hulk has punched through a time storm before. no expression

It's not disputable who hits harder.

nvrbeenwthagirl

It's not disputable who hits harder.

And Exactly how strong do you have to be to punch thru a time storm? Superman moves at nth speed faster than Light. the faster you move, the harder you hit. Superman's skin is also tuffer, making his hits harder. Or do you think Hulk hits harder than a flying Uru hammer too?

bigbran

It's not disputable who hits harder. Teehee... there are quite a bit of Superman feats that are comparable, and that is a couple to one, or two...

Beta Ray Howard

I really, really, hate to agree with Nvr, but he is correct. Superman IS beyond Hulk.

Wow.

Seriously, wow.

Doomsday Rex is the uber version of Doomsday that fought for years on end against Gog's army. To say that version wasn't tough is just kind of stupid.

I'm pretty sure Loeb Superman was a jackass anyway.

anyway, here's some Hulk punching power:
The Hulk breaks free of a plastithene trap. Plastithene is what the Leader's humanoids are composed of and has taken direct hits from Mjolnir unharmed. IH #117
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Plastithene-IH117.jpg

Doom brags that nothing in the universe can shatter the field. IH #144
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Doom-IH144.jpg

Without leverage, the Hulk shatters MODOK's armor, an alloy of adamantium. IH #167
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/2adamantium-IH167a.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/2adamantium-IH167b.jpg

The Hulk's increasing strength vs. An Elder's most powerful force field. Guess which wins. IH #198
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Collector-IH198a.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Collector-IH198b.jpg

Hulk ties Ock's adamantium arms into a nice bow. IH #396
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Ock-IH396c.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Ock-IH396d.jpg

The Hulk breaks through X-Man's psi-shields. HULK/X-MAN Annual 1998.
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/XMan-IHXANN1998a.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/XMan-IHXANN1998b.jpg

Hulk breaks one of the Thing’s ribs and Thing says Hulk’s next shot will finish him. FANTASTIC FOUR #535.
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Thing-FF535a.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Thing-FF535b.jpg

(note: Ben Grimm has taken hits from other top tiers including Gladiator and not taken that much damage, just to give you an idea of how much Hulk is packing)

The Hulk pushes apart the spheres of an anti-matter bomb... then hits one with such force, it overcomes the inertial field. Notice how powerful the attraction between the spheres is. MARVEL TEAM-UP Annual #2
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Antimatter-MTUANN2a.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Antimatter-MTUANN2b.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Antimatter-MTUANN2c.jpg

The power of the Hulk is over Superman's power. No disputing.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by bigbran
Teehee... there are quite a bit of Superman feats that are comparable, and that is a couple to one, or two...

Punching through a time storm? The only Superman feat I can think that is close is Superman Prime doing that whilst weakened.

bigbran
Punching through a time storm? The only Superman feat I can think that is close is Superman Prime doing that whilst weakened. http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2484/019kl.th.jpg

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by bigbran
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2484/019kl.th.jpg

Coming from a writer's perspective, I doubt that's literally.

That's from Infinite Crisis, am I correct?

Essentially that would mean that it's a battle of Past vs Present.

Not literally breaking time barriers with punches.

Martian_mind
They were seeing fragments of each others lives,it says That they were teleporting with each punch...thats manipulating time and space.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Martian_mind
They were seeing fragments of each others lives,it says That they were teleporting with each punch...thats manipulating time and space.

Time and Space were screwed up beyond all means though once the alter-earths appeared. Wouldn't that be akin to them battling across it?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Time and Space were screwed up beyond all means though once the alter-earths appeared. Wouldn't that be akin to them battling across it?

That scan clearly says, THE STRUGGLE BETWEEN US HAS SHATTERED THE TIME AND SPACE BARRIERS.

godking
Depends on the Doomsday version

Hulk has a 45 % chance against DOS Doomsday IF doomsday does'nt kill him before he reaches sufficient strength to kill Doomsday

Hulk has NO CHANCE against Hunter prey doomsday

Hulk probably beat imperiex Rex doomsday

Hulk would get oblitirated against Gog wars Doomsday.

Batman-Prime

UniOmni
That scan clearly says, THE STRUGGLE BETWEEN US HAS SHATTERED THE TIME AND SPACE BARRIERS.

Damn. I debunked those same scans like a week ago.

Anyone who's seen, or read any SciFi movies or novels that deal with time travel, or alternate universes, would know that anytime two of the same guy from two separate universes get together, time and space and the rules that exist between them become skewed.

Its not to be taken literally as they punched through the barriers of time and space. Read something other than comics.... Please.

Ever heard of hyperbole?

Galvaclaw
Its not hyperbole. Have you actually read the comic in question rather than just that scan? Superman repeatably thinks that reality is shattering purely because of the force of the blows. It is never even implied that it is happening because they are the same person.

Your claims have no evidence backing them up.

The comic from both Superman's points of view. The text is valid. Especially because reality is shown to be shattering on panel.

Accel
It's true. I believe they were both turning into various versions of Superman while they did that.

Hulk's just a bit under Superman when he starts off, but it only takes him an instant to reach Superman's level, depending on how pissed he is; and if DD just killed Betty, Hulk would easily be at Superman's level in strength and beyond. Though, Like I said, this depends on what version of DD Hulk's fighting for that to really help him.

UniOmni
Gee, i wonder if reality was being destroyed because of two uber bricks duking it out, or was it possibly because of the machinations of Alexander Prime and SBP?

Superman at that point in time, wasn't even aware of what was going on with Alexander(iirc), so if he's punching some older version of himself while SBP is in the process of killing Superboy, and reality starts to break around him, what else is he to think?

I hit the wall of my house and it falls down.......oh noes!! I am teh ubest!~!

Little did i know, that outside a guy with a weird plotdevice had manipulated the reality around my house with his thingamabob.

Sound familiar?................oh yeah, the title for my short story is Infinite Crisis.

Accel
I get what you're saying. Hmmmm... I guess that is very possble.

no_limits
if there's one thing i hate, its fanboys. most of you are flipping rediculous, doomsday would tear the hulk a new one. with reference to hulk/superman strength there levels start worlds apart. look what doomsday did to darkseid!! what would darkseid do to hulk??? hmmm toastes anyone? doomsday seemed to adapt during the fight and a fact is that superman did struggle with doomsday speed and agility, read DOS and when doomsday returned he was even more powerful. recently in the gog saga doomsday returned more powerful than ever, (note that superman is a lot more powerful these days and starts well and well beyond the hulk in strength) so stop being stupid..... next thread

jinzin
this is utterly ridiculous...

first off on the issue of strength versus strength... THEY'RE COMPARIBLE... THERE IS DISPUTING.

Superman, has ripped small moons in half, his strength level while calm has been stated to be in the quadrillions of tons.. erm

hulk had trouble BRACING a PORTION of mountain on his back.. superman has pulled warworld, moved moons...

how anyone can even begin to claim crap like "hulk's strength is superior, it's not debateable.." is clearly beyond me... considering hulk's strength is A) not consistent and B) DEBATEABLE ANYWAY!

And let's get real here..
Hulk is so far below superman it's not even funny.. no expression

In speed, superman can exceed the speed of light, he can pull of flash like blitzes hittin his opponents (as he did with mongul) hundreds of times before they've even realized he's begun to attack.
In senses, superman has infared vision, x-ray vision, microvision, he can even see souls..
His hearing is also better than hulk as he can hear conversatons taking place from accross cities..
He's got far more experience and skills than hulk in h2h thanks to his amazonian martial arts training...
He's WAYYYYYYYY more durable.. he can sit in the sun an thrive off it, he took the megadon warhead and survived (that thing was built to destroy a portion of a galaxy!)
He's got energy projection, he can heat the entire globe with his heat vision.
Ice breath strong enough to hold wonder woman in place.
TK powers that allow him to make a forcfeild around his body at all times.
TP powers that allow him to engage in T-vo when he deems a necesity...

It's nonsense to think hulk comes even CLOSE to being on superman's level...

nonsense.. period..

and howard, you're WRONG...

dd hasn't just beat a bunch of B-league heroes so let's not even pretend that the case...

DD damn near DESTROYED the entire galactic GL corpse...
in DOS, he was beating superman, supergirl, maxima, and bloodwind... hell he clobbered guy gardner with one hand tied behind his back.. literally... NONE of those characters would be B-leaguers in marvel...

and then in hunter prey he not only took down darksied in 3 seconds... but he curbed an enhanced supes...

then we have dd wars where DD single handedly cleans house with wonder woman, martian manhunter, orion, flash, green lantern, huntress, plastic man, and superman.. AND at the same time.. how's that for b-leagues?

oh and then there's the fact that he was running through imperiex drones like it was going out of style.. one drone has fought supes to a near standstill...

And DD-rex is NOT the same DD that was in gog wars...he had features DESTINCTLY different than gog wars dd.

DD-rex died in apocalypse now and evolved into what we saw in gog wars, with intelligence but resembling his earlier appearances.

Hell he fact that he was clobbering over 300 gog's at once outa tell you that. hell the fact that he fought gog for over 100 years should tell you somethin about this fight....

Another thing you people are either forgetting or omiting is the fact that hulk isn't the only one in this fight who grows stronger with anger.. in DOS superman realizes he needs to put DD down quick because DD isn't exhausting but instead growing stronger as thefight progresses...

Not only this but we'e seen DD evolve mid fight while fighting hunter prey sups..
And even with hulk's HF those poisions (strong enough to render superman woozy) WILL eventually catch up to hulk...

as for DD's evolving thing..

well the radiant used pure energy, imperiex used a desintigration beam... wo different things, two different purposes.. that in no way validates that doomsday can be beaten by higher levels of energy... and the fact that he died multiple times on krypton proves nothing for what the evolved state of DD is capible of...
fact is we saw darksied try energy on DD it didn't work, we saw a stronger supes fight dd WITH ENHANCEMENTS... didn't work.. it's quite LIKELY that dd does straight up evolve past whatever he's attacked with at any levels..
as he did with sonics, as he did with braniacs mind control..

DD turns hulk into green paste..... hulk can't do anything here but prolong the enevitable.

juggernaut66666
thumb up

Accel
People state they're comparable when you compare highest feat vs highest feats. If someone tries to compare Hulk holding up part of a mountain to Superman moving the Wheels of Maggedon, then yeah, there's not much comparison there. You compare that to Hulk deflecting a universe-destroying blast though, they are comparable. I mean, heck Byrne's Superman (the one that fought DoS Doomsday) wasn't portrayed nearly as powerful as Superman is now adn even had trouble holidng up stuff like the Daily Planet Globe from time to time.

Except for speed, Hulk doesn't really need all those other qualities of Superman to be able to hold his own against DoS Doomsday or DD Rex, since those versions are pretty much in his ball park; and like I said, writers often viewed Hulk's speed as a direct relation to his strength increase. That's basically why I say Hulk can only beat those to versions and not others.

UniOmni

first off on the issue of strength versus strength... THEY'RE COMPARIBLE... THERE IS DISPUTING.

Superman, has ripped small moons in half, his strength level while calm has been stated to be in the quadrillions of tons.. erm

hulk had trouble BRACING a PORTION of mountain on his back.. superman has pulled warworld, moved moons...

how anyone can even begin to claim crap like "hulk's strength is superior, it's not debateable.." is clearly beyond me... considering hulk's strength is A) not consistent and B) DEBATEABLE ANYWAY!

In speed, superman can exceed the speed of light, he can pull of flash like blitzes hittin his opponents (as he did with mongul) hundreds of times before they've even realized he's begun to attack.
In senses, superman has infared vision, x-ray vision, microvision, he can even see souls..
His hearing is also better than hulk as he can hear conversatons taking place from accross cities..
He's got far more experience and skills than hulk in h2h thanks to his amazonian martial arts training...
He's WAYYYYYYYY more durable.. he can sit in the sun an thrive off it, he took the megadon warhead and survived (that thing was built to destroy a portion of a galaxy!)

nonsense.. period..

dd hasn't just beat a bunch of B-league heroes so let's not even pretend that the case...

in DOS, he was beating superman, supergirl, maxima, and bloodwind... hell he clobbered guy gardner with one hand tied behind his back.. literally... NONE of those characters would be B-leaguers in marvel...

and then in hunter prey he not only took down darksied in 3 seconds... but he curbed an enhanced supes...

then we have dd wars where DD single handedly cleans house with wonder woman, martian manhunter, orion, flash, green lantern, huntress, plastic man, and superman.. AND at the same time.. how's that for b-leagues?

oh and then there's the fact that he was running through imperiex drones like it was going out of style.. one drone has fought supes to a near standstill...

And DD-rex is NOT the same DD that was in gog wars...he had features DESTINCTLY different than gog wars dd.

DD-rex died in apocalypse now and evolved into what we saw in gog wars, with intelligence but resembling his earlier appearances.

Hell he fact that he was clobbering over 300 gog's at once outa tell you that. hell the fact that he fought gog for over 100 years should tell you somethin about this fight....

Another thing you people are either forgetting or omiting is the fact that hulk isn't the only one in this fight who grows stronger with anger.. in DOS superman realizes he needs to put DD down quick because DD isn't exhausting but instead growing stronger as thefight progresses...

Not only this but we'e seen DD evolve mid fight while fighting hunter prey sups..
And even with hulk's HF those poisions (strong enough to render superman woozy) WILL eventually catch up to hulk...

well the radiant used pure energy, imperiex used a desintigration beam... wo different things, two different purposes.. that in no way validates that doomsday can be beaten by higher levels of energy... and the fact that he died multiple times on krypton proves nothing for what the evolved state of DD is capible of...
fact is we saw darksied try energy on DD it didn't work, we saw a stronger supes fight dd WITH ENHANCEMENTS... didn't work.. it's quite LIKELY that dd does straight up evolve past whatever he's attacked with at any levels..

DD turns hulk into green paste..... hulk can't do anything here but prolong the enevitable.

Let me address some of your points.

Hulk will never move a planet. His powerset doesn't lend him to such a feat.

But, he has his own feats, some known, others more obscure.

Superman moved Warworld, while explicitly powered up above his normal levels.

Superman moved the moon, on his own, while he had electromagnetic powers. It wasn't a strength feat.

He's never torn, the moon in half. He divebombed a moon in half though.

To others things you've said...

He sits in a sun, and thrives off it, due to him being empowered by it. Thats like saying Namor or Aquaman sitting at the deepest depths of the ocean is a feat for them.

He took the mageddon warhead? No, he absorbed the energy of the warhead, which was some kind of antisunlight.......

Which kinda lends itself to Superman, guy who absorbs all kinds of positive and negative solar energies, ya think?

And Hulk is on the level of Superman. In strength.

Feats are great, but where they directly compare are the true indications of power.

Everything else you said is fine by me...

Except the DD immunity thing.

Are we now resorting to the different kinds of blasts used?

Radiant killed DD with an energy blast, type not confirmed.
Imperiex killed DD with a disintegration energy blast, type confirmed.
Both instances, DD killed with an energy blast.

But according to forumlore, DD is immune once he dies to whatever killed him.

Comics contradict this.

The fact that on Krypton, DD WAS evolving, and yet still died, nullifies the entire claim that once killed, he's forever immune.

Peace.

Kurash

nonsense.. period..

end of discussion, good job, DD wins

HigH ScholaR

Superman moved the moon, on his own, while he had electromagnetic powers. It wasn't a strength feat.

He sits in a sun, and thrives off it, due to him being empowered by it. Thats like saying Namor or Aquaman sitting at the deepest depths of the ocean is a feat for them.

He took the mageddon warhead? No, he absorbed the energy of the warhead, which was some kind of antisunlight.......

Which kinda lends itself to Superman, guy who absorbs all kinds of positive and negative solar energies, ya think?

Feats are great, but where they directly compare are the true indications of power.

Comics contradict this.

The fact that on Krypton, DD WAS evolving, and yet still died, nullifies the entire claim that once killed, he's forever immune.

Peace.

thumb up uniomni

Galvaclaw
Thing is you're not going by evidence from the comic. You're making your own conclusions based on the fact you don't want Superman to be that strong. We could do this for any high end feet. Maybe when Hulk lifted that mountain the Living Tribunal was holding it up for him.

Also the Superboys fought In issue 4. Superboy Prime was in the speedforce when the Supermen were fighting. There were only two Earths at that point and there were no signs of instability in reality until they began fighting.

jinzin
Originally posted by Accel
People state they're comparable when you compare highest feat vs highest feats. If someone tries to compare Hulk holding up part of a mountain to Superman moving the Wheels of Maggedon, then yeah, there's not much comparison there. You compare that to Hulk deflecting a universe-destroying blast though, they are comparable. I mean, heck Byrne's Superman (the one that fought DoS Doomsday) wasn't portrayed nearly as powerful as Superman is now adn even had trouble holidng up stuff like the Daily Planet Globe from time to time.

Except for speed, Hulk doesn't really need all those other qualities of Superman to be able to hold his own against DoS Doomsday or DD Rex, since those versions are pretty much in his ball park; and like I said, writers often viewed Hulk's speed as a direct relation to his strength increase. That's basically why I say Hulk can only beat those to versions and not others.

while I agree with you're veiws on who hulk can hang with or beat dd wise...

for strength feats.. the thing is, superman's strength feats are right there infront of our faces.. while hulk's can easily be construed as hyperbole... what's his greatest feat of strength that we can actually see?

jinzin

Comics contradict this.

Peace.
So when hulk's powered up beyond normal levels that's okay but when superman is it isn't... okay gotcha wink

okay to the moon stuff..

but the ocean analogy doesn't work... things like jelly fish and anglerfish are biologically suited to survive in the ocean depths and it has nothing to do with them being super durable... but the same can't be said about anything like that for the sun because the sun's too hostile an environment to thrive in... unless you're superman.

you don't think that "antisunlight" would effect supes worseoff?

finally with the DD immunity.. no it's supported by comics..
again what happened to DD before he was finally dubbed the ultimate is irrelivant.. he couldn't bring himself back to life at that pont he had to be cloned... now that's not an issue for him, so obviously the powersets are different.. and the only prove that actually applies to DD NOT being imune to levels of attacks from times past... is the imperiex example.. and it's too ambiguous to call.

I still don't think that a pure energy blast, and a beam created to disintigrate matter can be put in the same category.

juggernaut66666
Don't forget that Superman holds back a lot of times.

jinzin
AND... superman holds back a lot of times.

HigH ScholaR
well technically so is hulk, mindless hulk is hulk not holding back, oh and i've seen superman not holding back once.............hulk can survive it.

stick out tongue

jinzin
of course he could... there isn't much hulk can't survive... but remain concious? I dunno... not get humiliated? i dunno...

HigH ScholaR
unconcious is the best bit because hulk humbled will be on pissed hulk, thats if he even know what happened to him

xmarksthespot
Heh. I agree with jinzin. I don't get to say that much so I'm going to savor it. Mmm... now that's-a spicy meatball.

DevilGoblin

To be fair, *snicker* Betty has been killed by DD, and Hulk saw it first hand.

In this case any version of Doomsday would be erased from DCU for ever.

under these conditions Hulk wins 10/10
under normal conditions (no Betty murdered) hulk wins 6-7/10

(better healing factor, way powerful dynamic strenght, no contest)

juggernaut66666
Doomsday has super speed which Hulk cannot encounter and he is far more durable and more invulnerable like.

Kurash
have we ever atually seen superman not hold back 100%? i guess imperiex would be the best bet, and there supes did pretty well against a galactus level being

DevilGoblin

Were talking about a creature which moved FASTER

no, there are not proof.

xmeat
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
In this case any version of Doomsday would be erased from DCU for ever.

under these conditions Hulk wins 10/10
under normal conditions (no Betty murdered) hulk wins 6-7/10

(better healing factor, way powerful dynamic strenght, no contest) hell yeah

DevilGoblin
hulk beats rip off and since when the hell was DD fast as flash.

in dc fanboys wet dreams

jinzin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Heh. I agree with jinzin. I don't get to say that much so I'm going to savor it. Mmm... now that's-a spicy meatball. lol

DevilGoblin
The Hulk hate on this board is most disturbing....

Fully agreed

but i ask why ?

my answer: it's because fanboys really fear his power and they know he can get angrier and stronger than their favourite chars... and it would not be a bad writing.....

Symmetric Chaos
Fully agreed

but i ask why ?

my answer: it's because fanboys really fear his power and they know he can get angrier and stronger than their favourite chars... and it would not be a bad writing.....

my answer: idiots that over hype Hulk because they know nothing about him

juggernaut66666
The Hulk hate on this board is most disturbing....
Fully agreed

but i ask why ?

no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

jinzin
Fully agreed

but i ask why ?

which he certainly can, but it oesn't change the fact thathulk has SOOOO many low to mid end feats that they almost make up a consistency for the guy that isn't pretty when compared to the fanboy version of hulk.

and that's the thing... hulk has waaaaaayyyyyy too many low end feats to draw from for them to be considered simple PIS... he's had trouble with wayyyyy too many street to mid tier level characters to simply discard...

doomsday on the other hand.. what's his lowest end feat? getting knoked out by superman? yeah big loser he must be.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>