Superman Vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
1.WHICH BEST REPRESENTS AMERICA?

2.WHICH IS THE TRUE AMERICAN HERO?

Soljer

Superman isn't even HUMAN, much less American....

shifty

Badabing
I'm going with Captain America. The guy's a war hero and a great patriot. He has the American colors on his uniform and shield. I think Superman is more of a World hero than an American hero.

Martian_mind
At the moment wouldn't Capt be considered a terrorist?

Plus i think Supes....he's the one who has stood the longest and represents what America beleives itself to be.The peak of humanity,free,powerful and immortal.

Draco69
Superman doesn't represent America. He represent's humanity's greatest ideals.

Uncle Sam beats both their asses in this department though...

Draco69
Originally posted by Soljer

shifty

Techically, Superman is an illegal immigrant.

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat

capt

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by guy222
capt

meh. not close. captain america is the stars

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Draco69

Technically, his ass should be deported to someplace far away. And we'll use a cosmic crayon to color our sun red. evillaugh

xmeat
YOU DONT SAY

SpunkySmurph
YOU DONT SAY

Don't make me do it. I will. Dont tempt me.

Beta Ray Howard
Captain America all the way.

He's a walking flag.

Though USAgent is a bigger patriot. He went to Canada for his country. Poor guy. It's the ultimate sacrifice.

Bouboumaster
Anyway, Canada, and particulary the Quebec, is far better. 8)

xmeat
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Don't make me do it. I will. Dont tempt me. DO WHAT

SpunkySmurph
DO WHAT

If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)
no expressionno expressionno expressionno expression

xmeat

If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)
no expressionno expressionno expressionno expression NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

xmeat
OKAY IM SORRY ALRIGHT LETS JUST GET BACK TO TOPIC.

SpunkySmurph
OKAY IM SORRY ALRIGHT LETS JUST GET BACK TO TOPIC.

I warned you.

Entity
Cap all the way. Clark has powers out the ass. So he never really has to work for anything he accomplishes and the only things that can even really cause him harm are Kryptonite (which he is now apparently immune to) Magic (which he is apparently totally able to overcome with next to no effort at all) and other kryptonian level beings (Which he seems to always be able to out easily overpower or out lucked by never being forced to face them). Hell he can even defeat death by simply choosing to live instead.

Cap on the other hand, while he does have powers his only allow him to be the peak of humanity. He still has to put forth great effort in his battles. Yet, he never waivers in his resolve for the fight. He has lost so much and still fights and, these aren't things he never had. He lost his entire world too but, he actually knew the world he lost. He had to consciously make the decision to give it up. Thats quite abit different from being told after your 18 or whatever that the only home and world you've ever know was not yours and a world that was never even a part of your life was totally destroyed long before you even knew it existed.

Cap has much less and still sacrificed much more and would continue to do so with or without ANY power. Much less nearly absolute power.
Cap 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

Hercules
Captain America, Superman is the better known but he is a hero for the world.

Captain America represents the American people.

Symmetric Chaos
Hmm . . . I think Cap would take this nowadays. I mean he's got a RedWhiteAndBlue color scheme, he actually is an American, he's a war hero, he has America in his name.

Nah screw it Captain Britain is the real American hero.

Soljer

no expressionno expressionno expressionno expression

I already posted that one. Somewhere.

juggernaut66666
He needs to get a Green Card.

SpunkySmurph
I already posted that one. Somewhere.

Fine. glare

Well, if that one doesn't count, then I'll hit you with...

A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear

jinzin
captain america...

aside from the fact that clark is an illegal alien, and an extraterrestrial at that, superman doesn't even reside in america as we know it.. he's lives in a fictional city for god sakes.. metropolis? wtf?
plus i don't remember YELLOW being an american color.. salute

and there's always something to be said for going out and kicking ass dressed up like the american flag.. cap all the way.

xmeat
Originally posted by jinzin
captain america...

aside from the fact that clark is an illegal alien, and an extraterrestrial at that, superman doesn't even reside in america as we know it.. he's lives in a fictional city for god sakes.. metropolis? wtf?

and there's always something to be said for going out and kicking ass dressed up like the american flag.. cap all the way. then how come they refer supes as an american icon.

golem370
In my opinion Supes is a coward with powers.

jinzin
then how come they refer supes as an american icon.

who the **** is "they" confused

Beta Ray Howard
captain america...

and there's always something to be said for going out and kicking ass dressed up like the american flag.. cap all the way.

Metropolis is in Illinois, and it's a real city here.

SupaEZE

shifty

what the hell does that have to do with anything!!!!, SUPERMAN of course

SupaEZE
captain america...

and its not yellow its freakin gold, what do u know i disagree with what u say, there are some versions of superman where the gold is white so what the hell r u saying right now mad

Soljer
Originally posted by SupaEZE
what the hell does that have to do with anything!!!!, SUPERMAN of course

What do you mean, 'what does that have to do with anything'??

This isn't a versus fight - it's supposed to be a debate about who is the hero that better represents the United States of America.

jasonk3
Superman speedbliltz Captain america FTW and the title of who reps USA

Beta Ray Howard
This isn't a versus fight - it's supposed to be a debate about who is the hero that better represents the United States of America.

lorddreamer
Metropolis does not need to be a real American city. You can pick a city on the map and Metropolis probablyhas some of its trates. It also embodies what America would be if it were perfect: clean, rich, huge, protected by a man in tights...
Supes 6/10 imo. He may not have the colours, but he has everything else. He always fights till the end, never gives up, is strong, proudly displays himself and is proud to be where hes from. Also, he grew up in a rural town on a farm. On a farm!! How much more American do you want it?
Now that I think of it, Supes is sort of the American dream: He went from being a nobody to the greatest success possible. The whole world bows down and loves him. He's the global hero. Isn't that exactly what the American dream is?
When Superman was created, he was made to be the personification of the perfect American hero. He was also, as far as I know, the first of his breed.
The whole alien thing is just an explanation of his being a super power. I'm pretty sure there's a metaphore hidden in there somewhere, but I forget it.

(This is all from what I've seen and heard. I am not saying anything, positive or negative about Americans, America or the rest of the pathetic little world lucky enough to be allowed to stand in its glow stick out tongue)

Symmetric Chaos
People seem to be forgeting that Superman doesn't even have America in his name.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
People seem to be forgeting that Superman doesn't even have America in his name.

boxed2 wallbash

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lorddreamer
boxed2 wallbash

big grin

xmeat
bump

MattDay
superman embodies everything america, and the rest of the world wants to see in themselves. Strong, confident, smart, caring, loved, powerful, tall, slim, dark hair, blue eyes, lol, and to look good in tights is something not many can do, he's just a little better than captain America in my eyes

Stupid Rookie

Best post of the day right there!

grey fox
Cap , Only he could look this bad-ass in britches and face-paint

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/Untitled-TrueColor-01-1.jpg

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/rojhazcap2.jpg

Draco69
Originally posted by grey fox
Cap , Only he could look this bad-ass in britches and face-paint

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/Untitled-TrueColor-01-1.jpg

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/rojhazcap2.jpg

Huh?

I guess Anti-Reg lost...

grey fox
Huh?

I guess Anti-Reg lost...

laughing

LORDSIDIOUS01
Supes may not job for this one.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by MattDay
superman embodies everything america, and the rest of the world wants to see in themselves. Strong, confident, smart, caring, loved, powerful, tall, slim, dark hair, blue eyes, lol, and to look good in tights is something not many can do, he's just a little better than captain America in my eyes

yea. As I said. totally agreed.

Entity
Huh?

I guess Anti-Reg lost...

I been telling everyone.

Questioneer
Neither superman nor Captain America are fighting overseas atm

I think Hulk Hogan vs. Captain America would be an awesome fight. See Hulk go all berserk and atomic leg-drop capt. (But that would get shut-down quick even though Hulk Hogan character is owned by Marvel)

If Superman is a coward with powers than Captain America is a wiener on drugs.

Chikorita
superman is the answer to both questions

starlock
Captain America is the only answer lol, now this thread will bring out the Fanboys for sure and it is a good way to find them hehe

Juntai
Originally posted by Entity
I been telling everyone. Well, to me it seemed doomed for Anti-Reg right away. The very idea of the Civil War crossover event is to have big changes - that was evident from the get-go. If Cap and the Anti-Reg wins, everything goes back to the status quo, thus, for the need of change, Cap must finally lose a war.

But still, screw Tony. -.-

roughrider
The best thing about Cap is that he isn't a blind patriot. He stands up for what's right, not for what his goverment tells him to think.
For all his power, Superman is more persuaded by authority. Just how he was raised.

pr1983

both these posts say pretty much all i woudl have said...

shifty

Superman doesn't represent America. He represent's humanity's greatest ideals.

Uncle Sam beats both their asses in this department though...

And:

Originally posted by roughrider
The best thing about Cap is that he isn't a blind patriot. He stands up for what's right, not for what his goverment tells him to think.
For all his power, Superman is more persuaded by authority. Just how he was raised.

no he doesnt... superman is as likely as anyone (if not moreso) to stand up for what he believes if right... his mortal enemy was the president... messed

roughrider
If the President was anyone other than Lex Luthor, Superman would simply nod and say Yesssir.
Remember Batman's accusations towards him in The Dark Knight Returns - "Yes. You always say yes to anyone with a badge, or a flag..."

Francisco
If the President was anyone other than Lex Luthor, Superman would simply nod and say Yesssir.
Remember Batman's accusations towards him in The Dark Knight Returns - "Yes. You always say yes to anyone with a badge, or a flag..."

The Dark Knight returns is an elseworld. That's not who Superman is. The pussy who wrote that crap-fest created a tottaly diferent personaly for Superman to justify them both fighting each other.

PS. Let's face it Batman can't beat Superman. He never could and he never will.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Francisco
The Dark Knight returns is an elseworld. That's not who Superman is. The pussy who wrote that crap-fest created a tottaly diferent personaly for Superman to justify them both fighting each other.

PS. Let's face it Batman can't beat Superman. He never could and he never will. but he has no expression

Juntai
Originally posted by pr1983
both these posts say pretty much all i woudl have said...

And:

no he doesnt... superman is as likely as anyone (if not moreso) to stand up for what he believes if right... his mortal enemy was the president... messed And as a result, he still listened to the President. smile He didn't like it, but he did.

Juntai

Redatom65
Superman! He Fights For Truth! Justice! And The American Way!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Superman/Reevessuperman.jpg

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Redatom65
Superman! He Fights For Truth! Justice! And The American Way!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Superman/Reevessuperman.jpg and bigger trousers....ermm

Originally posted by Juntai
He can only slow him down, said it himself. i was just messing with him stick out tongue

Redatom65
o come now it was the 1950's, everyone wore big trousers

NiņoAraņa
o come now it was the 1950's, everyone wore big trousers Batman didn't wear big trousers no expression

Redatom65
Adam West just had white eye brows in the 60's no expression

NiņoAraņa
Adam West just had white eye brows in the 60's no expression

White Eye Brows>>>Big Trousers

that's fact no expression

pr1983

i disagree... and dkr is a batman comic... erm

Originally posted by Juntai
And as a result, he still listened to the President. smile He didn't like it, but he did.

only when the greater good was at stake...

superman, imo is more a worldwide figure than cap, he's not as american centric as cap, even though he's based there...

and he's gone against those in power when he's had to...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.