Batman vs. Mantis H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seaapple
No prep. No gadgets. Mantis before she had Celestial Madonna plant-based powers.

Is this too one sided a scenario? I hold Mantis in very high regard and actually believe this is lopsided in her favor. But based upon other opinions here, of both Mantis and Batman, I am curious about your thoughts.

Alfheim
I dont know who this other mantis is.

juggernaut66666
edit

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alfheim
I dont know who this other mantis is.

Martial artist w/ superhuman reflexes and can sense weak points (wiki says she took down Thor).

seaapple
I edited the original post to clarify. The same Mantis, but I don't want her to use the plant-based powers to regenerate her body, etc.

King Kandy
Mantis in a curbstomp.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Martial artist w/ superhuman reflexes and can sense weak points (wiki says she took down Thor).

OOO I know who hes talking about.....I thought he was kidding! Batman loses bigtime.

Mantis 20/10

guy222
Originally posted by seaapple
No prep. No gadgets. Mantis before she had Celestial Madonna plant-based powers.

Is this too one sided a scenario? I hold Mantis in very high regard and actually believe this is lopsided in her favor. But based upon other opinions here, of both Mantis and Batman, I am curious about your thoughts.

mantis

leonidas
yeah, bats is screwed. she's fast enough to react to and take down the friggin' runner . . .

Hercules
Mantis...thats all there is to say.

Modt
Mantis

jasonk3
Batman ...because he is traind in every martial art their is.

Mider999
who cares if he's trained in every martial arts, she's older isnt she and she put down thanos not only thor, and she dont even have super strength.

golem370
No he isn't he may no alot of fighting skills but not all.

jasonk3
Originally posted by Mider999
who cares if he's trained in every martial arts, she's older isnt she and she put down thanos not only thor, and she dont even have super strength.

So, batman has put down superman on 2 occasions, beatin hulk in a crossover and batkicked spectre

Originally posted by golem370
No he isn't he may no alot of fighting skills but not all.

ok. He still knows enough to take her out.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jasonk3
So, batman has put down superman on 2 occasions, beatin hulk in a crossover

How can you take either of those seriously (and what about the fact that neither was H2H)

and batkicked spectre

Hell anyone can kick Spectre the outcomes would be different though.

jasonk3
How can you take either of those seriously (and what about the fact that neither was H2H)

Hell anyone can kick Spectre the outcomes would be different though.

The fight with Mind Controlled supes was h2h...and so was the hulk fight...didn't u see the scans he kicked hulk and knocked him out cold. How many street levellers do u see doin that.

golem370
Batman would have less then a chance in a fight with the Hulk.

jasonk3
He'd have more than nuff

golem370
No he wouldn't

bigbran
Hell anyone can kick Spectre the outcomes would be different though. Umm... they can't do what Batman did...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by bigbran
Umm... they can't do what Batman did...

Hulk kicks Spectre vs Batman kicks Spectre . . . who should do more damage?

bigbran
Hulk kicks Spectre vs Batman kicks Spectre . . . who should do more damage? Hulk would do nothing. Neither should.

The thing is, that Batman did knock him over with a kick.

jasonk3
Originally posted by bigbran
Umm... they can't do what Batman did...

Thank you...finally a sum one who can apply reaspn to comix

Soljer
didn't u see the scans he kicked hulk and knocked him out cold. How many street levellers do u see doin that.

Batman didn't knock the Hulk out. He made him breathe.

Gas knocked the Hulk out. That's a gas feat, not a batman feat.

laughing out loud

jasonk3
Originally posted by Soljer

laughing out loud

I though it was because hulk held his breath...and then bats kicked him..causing a knockout

jasonk3
Originally posted by Soljer

laughing out loud

wait no you are correct

Bouboumaster
Hulk vs Batman: Hulk via thunderclap and pulp transformation for the win.

Hulk vs Mantis: see above

Batman vs Mantis: Mantis beat the crap of the Bat

Alfheim
Batman isnt getting any prep here though.

tkitna
This is pretty much a spite thread.

Mantis 1000/1000

basilisk
I think Batman can probably win this, though not easily. I'll say pretty much the same thing here that I did for Gamora beating Mantis.

1) Mantis did knock out Thor, but she did it from behind when Thor didn't even know she was an enemy yet and was fighting someone else. Thor doesn't seem any more resistant to nerve strikes than anyone else. She couldn't put down Thanos even with full powers.

2) Likewise Mantis knocked out Cap from behind in the same fight, when he didn't know she had turned against them.

3) Mantis was stalemated by Dr. Strange in H2H. Wha? Is Dr. Strange really that good at MA and is Batman really not as good as that?

4) Mantis was beaten in 5 seconds H2H by the Champion using a hold.

5) Mantis was neutralized pretty quickly by Libra using a hold. He's a normal (but blind) human.

6) Mantis was neutralized by Wonder Man using a hold.

7) Mantis was totally trashed and embarrassed in H2H by Moondragon, after Mantis walked into the fight spouting the usual "This One will OWN you woman" crap. Moondragon knocked her totally cold then went and made herself a coffee and read a book or something waiting for her to wake up. Batman has at least Moondragon's fighting skills/experience.

8) Mantis mastered one martial art (the same one as Moondragon, but it looks like Moondragon learned at a better dojo). BM mastered dozens and has his belt too.

Mantis tends to get a bit overwhelmed or even panicky if people actually fight back with a bit of skill, like she's mega-trained and mega-skilled but not really that used to fighting highly skilled MA opponents - e.g. Champ, MD. She gets a bit shocked and loses her concentration. Against MD she just panicked and lost it then got trashed.

Batman is too crafty, too skilled, too disciplined and will likely have the same effect.

golem370
The Hulk would only have to sneeze and it would shatter Batman's back. Movie Hulk skin was said to be 8/10 times tougher then Kevlar.

Daredevil1
Mantis

Alfheim
Originally posted by basilisk
I think Batman can probably win this, though not easily. I'll say pretty much the same thing here that I did for Gamora beating Mantis.

1) Mantis did knock out Thor, but she did it from behind when Thor didn't even know she was an enemy yet and was fighting someone else. Thor doesn't seem any more resistant to nerve strikes than anyone else. She couldn't put down Thanos even with full powers.

2) Likewise Mantis knocked out Cap from behind in the same fight, when he didn't know she had turned against them.

3) Mantis was stalemated by Dr. Strange in H2H. Wha? Is Dr. Strange really that good at MA and is Batman really not as good as that?

5) Mantis was neutralized pretty quickly by Libra using a hold. He's a normal (but blind) human.

7) Mantis was totally trashed and embarrassed in H2H by Moondragon, after Mantis walked into the fight spouting the usual "This One will OWN you woman" crap. Moondragon knocked her totally cold then went and made herself a coffee and read a book or something waiting for her to wake up. Batman has at least Moondragon's fighting skills/experience.

8) Mantis mastered one martial art (the same one as Moondragon, but it looks like Moondragon learned at a better dojo). BM mastered dozens and has his belt too.

Mantis tends to get a bit overwhelmed or even panicky if people actually fight back with a bit of skill, like she's mega-trained and mega-skilled but not really that used to fighting highly skilled MA opponents - e.g. Champ, MD. She gets a bit shocked and loses her concentration. Against MD she just panicked and lost it then got trashed.

Batman is too crafty, too skilled, too disciplined and will likely have the same effect.

Hmm that changes things abit.

seaapple
But it doesn't change the fact that Mantis is a cosmic level fighter and Batman is a top quality earth level martial artist with a funny eared hat.

Alfheim

1) Mantis did knock out Thor, but she did it from behind when Thor didn't even know she was an enemy yet and was fighting someone else. Thor doesn't seem any more resistant to nerve strikes than anyone else.

Its still a god feat. I dont think Cap could Ko Thor with one blow even if it was from behind....

She couldn't put down Thanos even with full powers.

Couldnt put down Thanos. OMIGOD she sucks, Gamora couldnt put down Thanos either.

She could probably still do it with him facing her.

Maybe Strange is.

Champion was only powerful enough to throw off Doc Samson, Hulk, Thor, Wonder Man, Sasquatch, Thing and Namor by flexing his muscles and has billions of years of experience....yeah thats not a bad feat.

Maybe its a low showing.

Not necceasraily Moondragon was trained by the Eternals of Titan, so shes not trained in conventional martial arts so its not a stretch for her to beat Mantis.

Mantis was trained by the priests of pama it could be argued that her martial art is more deadly than earth absed martial arts and probably is. I think Mantis still has other powers as well.

Yeah well MD and Champ are highly skilled and possibly better than Batman. I think she was also freaked out because MD was dead but from what I could tell she actually had a good fight.

Alfheim
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9091/fantasticfourannual2538db1.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6715/fantasticfourannual2539zw9.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4927/fantasticfourannual2540ld1.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9269/fantasticfourannual2541fo4.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5870/fantasticfourannual2542ge7.jpg

Is this the fight were mantis gets owned by Moondragon? Its actually a good fight

Avoid a sneak attack from Midnight then defeats him. I think Midnight is above top tier

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5762/silversurfer198700421jg3.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1979/avengersv1131part2giantob7.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6945/avengersv1131part2giantwc0.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/360/avengersv1131part2giantaf3.jpg

Avengers cant handle Mantis Thors back is not turned and she also has to fight BP.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8418/avengersv112307qx4.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3401/avengersv112308if0.jpg

I think Batman loses erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.