Cyclops and Captain America versus Spiderman and Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Fight in NYC.

Metalmanx
More specifications please?

How do they start out? Facing each other?

Is the city deserted?

All and all, this is a great match, MB. You've got two of the most, if not the best, strategist/tacticians in Marvel against two opponents who are physically superior, have just about equal fighting skills (Wolverine), and are, in my opinon, more resourceful (Spider-Man).

Good match. Answer my specifications question and I'll get back to you with an answer.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
Fight in NYC.

Team 2

jasonk3
Cyclops and Captain America win

masterbruce
Originally posted by Metalmanx
More specifications please?

How do they start out? Facing each other?

Is the city deserted?

All and all, this is a great match, MB. You've got two of the most, if not the best, strategist/tacticians in Marvel against two opponents who are physically superior, have just about equal fighting skills (Wolverine), and are, in my opinon, more resourceful (Spider-Man).

Good match. Answer my specifications question and I'll get back to you with an answer.

Good questions!

1. They start 4 blocks apart, but they are given a radar system that pinpoints the general vicinity of everyone within a 100 feet radius (not exact location).

2. There will be some civilians, in the buildings as well as on the streets, but no crowds of people.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by jasonk3
Cyclops and Captain America win

optic blasts won't stop wolverine meh

pr1983
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

why won't they?

jasonk3
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

u crazy man..ofcourse optic blast stop wolverine...and then afterwards cap shield bashes him FTW

masterbruce
Originally posted by jasonk3
u crazy man..ofcourse optic blast stop wolverine...and then afterwards cap shield bashes him FTW

Let's not forget that Wolverine has Spiderman as a teammate in this battle.

braz
Wolverine and Spiderman ftw. Spidey could dodge Cyke's optic blasts all day while Wolverine shreds Steve to pieces, (that is, if hes bloodlusted like he should be, because i know there have been times in the comics that CA has bested Logan).

Spidey and Wolvie 7/10

jasonk3
Let's not forget that Wolverine has Spiderman as a teammate in this battle.

Oh yea...i 4got to mention that by then spidey will have been hit with the blast..after cyke took of his visor...and is laying dead...cap jus shield bashes a healing logan for the win.

Metalmanx
Good questions!

1. They start 4 blocks apart, but they are given a radar system that pinpoints the general vicinity of everyone within a 100 feet radius (not exact location).

2. There will be some civilians, in the buildings as well as on the streets, but no crowds of people.

Hm. Damn it, man. This is tough.

While I want to say that Spider-man/Wolverine win, it seems like it's impossible for them to really avoid Cyclops if he REALLY unleashed his power, ya know?

Are the civilians a factor? I mean, are they bloodlusted? Or are they going to be careful not to hurt any bystanders?

capt it up
Originally posted by braz
Wolverine and Spiderman ftw. Spidey could dodge Cyke's optic blasts all day while Wolverine shreds Steve to pieces, (that is, if hes bloodlusted like he should be, because i know there have been times in the comics that CA has bested Logan).

Spidey and Wolvie 7/10
actaully capt never bested wolverine

masterbruce
Hm. Damn it, man. This is tough.

While I want to say that Spider-man/Wolverine win, it seems like it's impossible for them to really avoid Cyclops if he REALLY unleashed his power, ya know?

Are the civilians a factor? I mean, are they bloodlusted? Or are they going to be careful not to hurt any bystanders?

They are not blood-lusted, thus they do have to worry about bystanders. They will fight according to character.

Bouboumaster
Wolverine his the only bad ass on the 4 that his willing to kill.

manorastroman
the arena clinches the fight for team two. spiderman could possibly take out the other two before they even realize they're in a fight.

Metalmanx
They are not blood-lusted, thus they do have to worry about bystanders. They will fight according to character.

Hm.

In that case, I'd have to give to Team 2 as well. With Scott somewhat limited, this more than seals the deal for Spidey/Wolverine.

Honestly, Scott was the only challenge here. Cap could just sit and twiddle his thumbs during this match.

janus77
isn't Cyclops a better/more powerful 'hero' than Wolverine?
I think he could just fire off a whole range of optic blasts to dislodge Spidy's webbing and make him fall off of whatever building he was swinging from... whilst CA throws his shield and distracts Wolverine. then before Spidy latches onto another building, Cyclops unleashes a wide opticblast arc and basically toasts Spidy.

masterbruce
Hm.

In that case, I'd have to give to Team 2 as well. With Scott somewhat limited, this more than seals the deal for Spidey/Wolverine.

Honestly, Scott was the only challenge here. Cap could just sit and twiddle his thumbs during this match.

I think the smart plan for Cap/Scott would be for Cap to deal with Logan (hold him off) and for Cyclops to deal with Spiderman.

I mean, how would Spiderman dodge Cyclops' blasts? If Scott just looks at spiderman, he could shoot his blast much faster and more accurate than a gun (and the blast can be laser shots that won't cause much collateral damage). Unless Spiderman moves so fast that Cyclops can only see a blur, I see Cyclops taking down Spiderman and then double-teaming with Captain America to take down Logan.

Metalmanx
I think the smart plan for Cap/Scott would be for Cap to deal with Logan (hold him off) and for Cyclops to deal with Spiderman.

I mean, how would Spiderman dodge Cyclops' blasts? If Scott just looks at spiderman, he could shoot his blast much faster and more accurate than a gun (and the blast can be laser shots that won't cause much collateral damage). Unless Spiderman moves so fast that Cyclops can only see a blur, I see Cyclops taking down Spiderman and then double-teaming with Captain America to take down Logan.

That's just it though. You answered your own question. Spider-Man would be moving as pretty much a blur, not to take anything at all away from Scott (I mean, he's got amazing vision and has trained with fast-moving projectiles, yes). Spidey isn't the same kind of target; he would know when Scott would fire and dodge accordingly. Speed, agility, superhuman reflexes, and spider-sense combined take away Scott's advantage here.

With Scott unable to utilize visor-less blast (because of their civilians), Spider-Man takes him out quickly.

And while Cap and Logan stalemate each other, Spidey comes and ends the fight quickly in Spidey/Logan's favor.

rougeredmage
well cyclops has history with wolverine and can easily match him in hand to hand. i am also pretty sure that captain america can equal him in the terms of deffence and hand to hand. the combination of the two will be easily be able to create a winning startegy. i think spidermans ability to dodge will not be equal to cyclops power of geometery. we all know cyclops has such wonderfull feats of bouncing his beam of objects

capt it up
Originally posted by rougeredmage
well cyclops has history with wolverine and can easily match him in hand to hand.
Please just leave now. Scot would get destroyed fighting Logan in h2h combat.

rougeredmage
well let us consider the AOA shall we. i am pretty sure that the battle between them pretty mutch destroyed them both didnt it. and i would say that cyclops got the better of the two. i would rather lose an eye then lose an arm. so i think that you are wrong to consder cyclops been destroyed by wolverine in hand to hand. i mean how many times have cyclops had lovers tiffs over jean which have come to blows or training sesstions that have become heated. after all arnt wolverine and cyclops equals when it comes to turns of hand to hand

capt it up

manorastroman
come off it capt. you know they're not equals, but scott's been shown to hold his own more than once.

capt it up
Originally posted by manorastroman
come off it capt. you know they're not equals, but scott's been shown to hold his own more than once.
No he was shown once to be able to a jobbing extremely messed up wolverine who was swing like an animal not a fighter.

scot would stand no chance at all. scot a good fighter yes however next to a top tier fighter he not even amature level.

Jyppe
Here we go again roll eyes (sarcastic)

capt it up
Originally posted by Jyppe
Here we go again roll eyes (sarcastic)
wait so you think scott is wolverine equal in h2h combat?

rougeredmage
they are not as you say equals because of one little aspect. the fact that wolverine is a murder and is preapred to kill, he has the phycological advantage and i am pretty sure that is the only advantage that he has. they are both skilled martiel artists both trained in numerous black belts in martiels arts. also i dont think haveing a body pumped full of adamantim an advantage do you, firstly it increases his weight,, i personalys dont think that wolverine has much of an evasive sence. wolverine is a fighter whos ethos is to atempt to endure hits rather then not takeing them. while wolverine has endurance he cants live forever especialy when fighting an opponant that can pottentialy amputate your limbs.

i am pretty sure that spiderman does have an advantage over captain america however i would draw upon his experoence of working with a team rather then his usual soloing. however he has had detailled experience working with both wolverine and the captain i think cyclops is the deux ex machina here. however i dont think spiderman can do any damage from a distance he has to get close to hit someone. i am pretty sure the captain will know this and understand that this is the best time to strike... after all spidermans delaying tactics can not last forever can they.?

capt it up

braz
Originally posted by capt it up
actaully capt never bested wolverine

Idunno, cuz recently I was reading Origins and Endings, I believe it was and Cap crushed Wolverine's tendons on his wrists and rendered his claws useless temporarily, cuz its like a nerve strike. but I did think it was somewhat BS and maybe even PIS, cuz ur right if Wolverine was really bloodlusted and really trying with his claws out, Steve wouldnt even touch Logan and Wolverine would shred him to bits, but he doesnt because theyre friends and they know each other and work together on certain missions.

capt it up
Originally posted by braz
Idunno, cuz recently I was reading Origins and Endings, I believe it was and Cap crushed Wolverine's tendons on his wrists and rendered his claws useless temporarily, cuz its like a nerve strike. but I did think it was somewhat BS and maybe even PIS, cuz ur right if Wolverine was really bloodlusted and really trying with his claws out, Steve wouldnt even touch Logan and Wolverine would shred him to bits, but he doesnt because theyre friends and they know each other and work together on certain missions.
he was given a blood clot by wolverine not to mention wolverine was far from 100% in the fight and wolverine walked away not capt.

Metalmanx
he was given a blood clot by wolverine not to mention wolverine was far from 100% in the fight and wolverine walked away not capt.

Since the can of worms is already opened, I might as well go ahead and say it.

I feel that Cap won that fight. Even though Wolverine gave him the blood clot, that was just an added bonus on Wolvie's side. Cap showed the superior ability and, in my opinion, really won that battle. Wolvie won the war, however, through the blood clot that affect Cap later on.

With that said.

I still feel that Team 2 wins this, since Scott can't go all out since there are innocent bystanders around. Keeping that in mind, Spidey takes Scott out, and then goes to end the fight between the stalemating Cap and Wolverine.

capt it up
Since the can of worms is already opened, I might as well go ahead and say it.

I feel that Cap won that fight. Even though Wolverine gave him the blood clot, that was just an added bonus on Wolvie's side. Cap showed the superior ability and, in my opinion, really won that battle. Wolvie won the war, however, through the blood clot that affect Cap later on.

With that said.

I still feel that Team 2 wins this, since Scott can't go all out since there are innocent bystanders around. Keeping that in mind, Spidey takes Scott out, and then goes to end the fight between the stalemating Cap and Wolverine.

still don't see how capt won. He was taken out by logan. Then logan went to go rest a little and leave, but capt got up again and grab the sword which did really nothing to end up helping him. Logan walked away capt had a blot clot that almsot kileld him. I am not sure how capt out fought logan there not to mention lgoan was not even 100% before the fight began

you seem to think spiderman would defeat scot before wolevriend efeat's capt I am not sure that to be true. wolverien and capt fight normally end pritty quickly

srankmissingnin
Wolverine had already beat Cap when the Muramasa blade reentered the fight. The fight was over, it was just a matter of time before Cap went down, resuming the fight was pointless and would have resulted in Captain America's death.

Metalmanx
still don't see how capt won. He was taken out by logan. Then logan went to go rest a little and leave, but capt got up again and grab the sword which did really nothing to end up helping him. Logan walked away capt had a blot clot that almsot kileld him. I am not sure how capt out fought logan there not to mention lgoan was not even 100% before the fight began

you seem to think spiderman would defeat scot before wolevriend efeat's capt I am not sure that to be true. wolverien and capt fight normally end pritty quickly

I think that because I, for the life of me, can't see a fight between Cap and Wolvie ending quickly. I think it would be a long, drawn-out match. Yes, Wolverine would eventually win. But Spider-Man would already have defeated Scott long before that, I feel.

Basically:

Time it takes for Spider-Man to deal with Cyclops (since they are in character and there are innocent bystanders around) <<<< Time it takes for Wolverine to defeat Cap.

srankmissingnin
If Spider-man jumps in the air, and he will, Cyclops can take of his visor with out having to worry about hitting any civies... not that he needs to, once Spidy is in the air he picks him off like he is playing duck hunter... the first level of duck hunter.

masterbruce
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
once Spidy is in the air he picks him off like he is playing duck hunter... the first level of duck hunter.

laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud I kinda agree

capt it up
I think that because I, for the life of me, can't see a fight between Cap and Wolvie ending quickly. I think it would be a long, drawn-out match. Yes, Wolverine would eventually win. But Spider-Man would already have defeated Scott long before that, I feel.

Basically:

Time it takes for Spider-Man to deal with Cyclops (since they are in character and there are innocent bystanders around) <<<< Time it takes for Wolverine to defeat Cap.
you cant see it endinf fast? it always does.

draxx_tOfU
cyclops is one of the most underrated hand to hand fighters...

that said, im still not sure which team would win...

omniblast?

pr1983
I'm gonna go with team 2, purely for the fact that its in a crowded city, and spidey is present... i'd like to think cyke would hit him, but from what i've seen spidey has an insane ability to evade attacks no-one else can...

and i'm not going to get into the whole logan v cyke thing, as its been done over and over and over again...

capt it up
Originally posted by pr1983
I'm gonna go with team 2, purely for the fact that its in a crowded city, and spidey is present... i'd like to think cyke would hit him, but from what i've seen spidey has an insane ability to evade attacks no-one else can...

and i'm not going to get into the whole logan v cyke thing, as its been done over and over and over again...
lol the wolverine vs cyke thing was bacuase some kid thinks cyke is wolverines equal in h2h combat lol

draxx_tOfU

yeah...agreed...we all know cyke would own logan... smile

pr1983
lol the wolverine vs cyke thing was bacuase some kid thinks cyke is wolverines equal in h2h combat lol

even i don't think cyke has the same ability logan has when it comes to h2h combat, but he is skilled (aikido and judo), and he has intelligence, calm, and the ability to adapt to almost any situation...

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
yeah...agreed...we all know cyke would own logan... smile

if logan wasnt within arms reach of cyke, then yes, i'd tend to agree...

masterbruce
Many people who voted for team 2 are basing the matchups being Cap vs. Wolverine and Spidey vs. Cyclops.

Would Team 1 have a better chance if it were Cap versus Spidey and Cyke versus Logan?

draxx_tOfU
if logan wasnt within arms reach of cyke, then yes, i'd tend to agree...

actually, being an arms reach within cyke would be better for a concentrated optic blast, logan would heal but it would make a great page... big grin

pr1983
Many people who voted for team 2 are basing the matchups being Cap vs. Wolverine and Spidey vs. Cyclops.

Would Team 1 have a better chance if it were Cap versus Spidey and Cyke versus Logan?

not really... even if cyke took down logan, i still think spidey will have beaten cap (though he'd have to do it quickly), and again, i think spidey beats cyke in such a crowded area...

actually, being an arms reach within cyke would be better for a concentrated optic blast, logan would heal but it would make a great page... big grin

it would wouldn't it?

but thats assuming logan hadnt reached out and well, gutted him...

jinzin
lol, cyclops and captain america couldn't stop wolverine ALONE...what are they gonna do with spiderman backing him?

team one is toast. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Originally posted by jinzin
lol, cyclops and captain america couldn't stop wolverine ALONE...

no expression

that's not even remotely funny...

or true...

unless both cap and cyke were in some kind of james bond-esque deathtrap thingy and wolverine was standing over them...

masterbruce
lol, cyclops and captain america couldn't stop wolverine ALONE

you're joking right?

Metalmanx
If Spider-man jumps in the air, and he will, Cyclops can take of his visor with out having to worry about hitting any civies... not that he needs to, once Spidy is in the air he picks him off like he is playing duck hunter... the first level of duck hunter.

People don't just live on the ground. AKA, there are dozens and dozens of skyscrapers in the path that Cyclops would fire an omni-blast. One of those would take out a block or two. Not something Scott wants nor willing to risk since this is in character.

Don't you think I took that into consideration, srank? erm

Metalmanx

Edit: Nevermind. I take back everything I said that I just deleted.

Team 2 still wins. Logan's done for. But so's Cap.

So then it's just Cyke vs. Spidey again. And Spidey will win this.

Team 2 for the win.

draxx_tOfU
lol, cyclops and captain america couldn't stop wolverine ALONE

jinzin, and to think that i agreed with you and was awed at your unwavering stance against all odds in the MK VS Streetfighter thread, you pull this up... sad

personally, i think the hero doing the damage from team two would be spiderman... evil face

yet, team 1 has the range but...

stalemate i guess...

masterbruce
I think people are not taking team 1's tactical/strategic skills advantage into account while team 2 is rather impulsive.

Metalmanx
Not true. That's why it took me so long to come up with a solid answer. I just feel that Spidey's and Wolvie's impulsive attitudes will be what helps them here actually. Spidey's well-known for completely screwing over all sorts of "fool-proof" plans meant for his demise.

Soleran
I'm going Team 1 for the win, that's mostly due to Cyclops though.

rougeredmage
I think people are not taking team 1's tactical/strategic skills advantage into account while team 2 is rather impulsive.

exactly this is wolverines weakness that he is impuslive basically he is a brawler nothing more. i know that people have tried to romantacise him as a samurai and that he is a grand noble warrior. but it is really nothing more then a beserker is he relys upon the notion that he can simply strike his opponant and he is going to fall. while cyclops is more resourcefull i mean look at the current or is it past? astonishing X-men arc this shows that he is not a simply a one trick pony that will simply use his powers. cyclops is able to adapt to situations that he comes across. thus he has gained such a reptuation as been a master tactictian. i mean look at the opponants that cyclops has been able to go up against and beat. off the top of my head i can think of sinister and apocaypse his own son ( kinda) ie stryfe.

i never said that AOA was ever cannon i was simply useing the example of how pottentially devistating cyclops can be in battle if he is so required. i personaly think that some people are not been objective during this battle! while i am not saying that wolverine is not a strong opponant what i am saying is that he has had his number of defeats. for me the most striking image of wolverine is of him crucifed during the end of the australian run. however i am wandering off topic. wolverine has had alot of mental damage during his lifetime while that for the moment he has full memeories. oh and if we are going to be getting all technical about experience then let us not forget the good old fact that i still belive that cyclops has apocalypse in side him. so lets add a few thousand years of lattent experience shall we? after all he still has his black bug room doesnt he.

people seem to think that the only way this battle can be won is for cyclops to use his omniblast but i mean how many times has he actuallly had to be forced to use such a supercharge blast. the two ocations i can think of are first mister sinister battle and against onsluaght. people seem to think that cyclops blast are quite slow however i am pretty sure that he can acurately judge anything moving at a great speeed under the speed levels of classicquick silver so i am pretty sure that cyclops should be able to hit spiderman

Metalmanx
exactly this is wolverines weakness that he is impuslive basically he is a brawler nothing more. i know that people have tried to romantacise him as a samurai and that he is a grand noble warrior. but it is really nothing more then a beserker is he relys upon the notion that he can simply strike his opponant and he is going to fall. while cyclops is more resourcefull i mean look at the current or is it past? astonishing X-men arc this shows that he is not a simply a one trick pony that will simply use his powers. cyclops is able to adapt to situations that he comes across. thus he has gained such a reptuation as been a master tactictian. i mean look at the opponants that cyclops has been able to go up against and beat. off the top of my head i can think of sinister and apocaypse his own son ( kinda) ie stryfe.

i never said that AOA was ever cannon i was simply useing the example of how pottentially devistating cyclops can be in battle if he is so required. i personaly think that some people are not been objective during this battle! while i am not saying that wolverine is not a strong opponant what i am saying is that he has had his number of defeats. for me the most striking image of wolverine is of him crucifed during the end of the australian run. however i am wandering off topic. wolverine has had alot of mental damage during his lifetime while that for the moment he has full memeories. oh and if we are going to be getting all technical about experience then let us not forget the good old fact that i still belive that cyclops has apocalypse in side him. so lets add a few thousand years of lattent experience shall we? after all he still has his black bug room doesnt he.

people seem to think that the only way this battle can be won is for cyclops to use his omniblast but i mean how many times has he actuallly had to be forced to use such a supercharge blast. the two ocations i can think of are first mister sinister battle and against onsluaght. people seem to think that cyclops blast are quite slow however i am pretty sure that he can acurately judge anything moving at a great speeed under the speed levels of classicquick silver so i am pretty sure that cyclops should be able to hit spiderman

Bro, believe it or not, I agree completely with you. Cyclops is one of my favorite characters, so I, too, am well-versed on his abilities.

The only problem I have is that Spider-Man is just too quick, agile, etc. The mere fact that he'll know where blasts are coming from, where they're going, and where they'll potentially hit gives him a giant advantage over Cyke. And since they are in a populated city-scape, Cyke can't let loose with even a visored-devastating blow. If he misses with a really powerful one, there goes a skyscraper, ya know?

The location is what wins it for Spidey and Wolverine. If this fight took place in a arena, it would be much shorter and in Team 1's favor. Spidey would dodge for a bit, but he'd eventually get tagged, or just full-blasted by a much wider-beamed optic blast.

starlock
team 2 for the win

capt it up
exactly this is wolverines weakness that he is impuslive basically he is a brawler nothing more. i know that people have tried to romantacise him as a samurai and that he is a grand noble warrior. but it is really nothing more then a beserker is he relys upon the notion that he can simply strike his opponant and he is going to fall.
Your lack of knowledge on wolverien is rediculous. He a top tier fighter. His skill's are amazing he not jsut some brawler. His freaken rouges most all of them besides like wendigo are meta human's with extreme amount of skill in combat.

Yiou know nothing about wolverine so stop trying to act as if you do. You have made it clear already you know about pritty much nothing. You even said cyclopes would tie logan in a h2h combat match. That a lone proves your extremely bias and have no idea what your taking about

emporerpants
enough with the cyke and wolvie h2h thing. its obvious that cyke loses in hand to hand against wolvie. he'll get some punches in maybe, but he's still going to get killed in short order. its also obvious that if cyke gets to use his powers wolvie goes down fast. so lets just get off the whole h2h thing with wolvie and cyke

masterbruce
Not true. That's why it took me so long to come up with a solid answer. I just feel that Spidey's and Wolvie's impulsive attitudes will be what helps them here actually. Spidey's well-known for completely screwing over all sorts of "fool-proof" plans meant for his demise.

How would Spiderman avoid Cyke's blast when he is airborne?

(lets say Cyke blasts at him, Spidey jumps to avoid it, while he is in midair, Cyke could easily shoot a second blast at his midpoint so it won't matter if he twists or turns)

rougeredmage
i have read enough xmen to know about wolverine i have also read enough xmen and marvel comics in general to know how disgusted i am what wolverine has become. sure wolverine is a top tier fighter so is cyclops then again so is a hell of alot of the marvel universe... i mean any superhero that is popular is a top tier fighter.

i think spiderman will be vulnerable in the air to cyclops blasts. that is because spiderman is not a flier he has no methord of proputition other then the swing meaning that he cant maneuver. i dont think spiderman has many blasters in his rogues gallaries i can only think of electro off the top of my hat

srankmissingnin
Cyclops isn't a top tier fighter; hell, Punisher isn't even a top tier fighter and his skills are exponentially superior to those of Cyclops.

Metalmanx
How would Spiderman avoid Cyke's blast when he is airborne?

(lets say Cyke blasts at him, Spidey jumps to avoid it, while he is in midair, Cyke could easily shoot a second blast at his midpoint so it won't matter if he twists or turns)

Because he does it all the time?

Edit: I can't believe I forgot about this. Spider-Man doesn't just JUMP without anything else to aid him a lot of times, AKA: webbing.

Spidey jumps in the air to avoid a shot, moving extremely fast as he does, uses webbing to maneuver himself. He does it all the time.

srankmissingnin

That isn't Spider-man dodging, that's Goblin missing.

Spider-man can't fly, he can't alter his momentum in mid-air, he has no form of self propulsion. He can't dodge in mid-air, it is impossible.

masterbruce

but he shouldn't be able to. since he can't fly, once he is in the air, he is at the mercy of gravity more or less.

You get what I mean right?

Metalmanx
but he shouldn't be able to. since he can't fly, once he is in the air, he is at the mercy of gravity more or less.

You get what I mean right?

Don't get me wrong, MB. I understand perfectly what you're saying. It's not that hard to comprehend.

But at the same time, Spidey has been dodging things in mid-air pretty much his whole career. His ability to contort his body in such amazing ways really helps a lot, as well as the superhuman reflexes.

Then, like I edited into my previous post, there's the webbing to maneuver him efficiently around.

masterbruce
Don't get me wrong, MB. I understand perfectly what you're saying. It's not that hard to comprehend.

But at the same time, Spidey has been dodging things in mid-air pretty much his whole career. His ability to contort his body in such amazing ways really helps a lot, as well as the superhuman reflexes.

Then, like I edited into my previous post, there's the webbing to maneuver him efficiently around.

1. Your point about contortion: There is a center of mass that you can't just contort out of. So if Cyke was aiming for Spidey's arms or legs or even head while he is in midair, yes Spiderman can possibly contort enough to dodge it. But if Cyke aims for his torso, or pelvic region, Spidey's outta luck.

2. Spiderman can web swing to move in midair...but that is sloooow compared to the time it takes Cyke to fire a blast.

However, I'll just accept as one of Spiderman's abilities to be able to magically defy the laws of physics and dodge things in midair. It wouldn't be fair for me to critique Spiderman on scientific basis when many other things also are far-fetched.

srankmissingnin

Spider-man's webbing doesn't move at mach speed, there is a latency between the time it is release from his wrist and it hits what he is aiming at, even though he might squeeze down on his palm before Cyclops can think about fireing off a blast, he would still get tagged before his web line snagged anything...

And no amount of contortion will allow him to evade an attack aimed center mass.

masterbruce
Spider-man's webbing doesn't move at mach speed, there is a latency between the time it is release from his wrist and it hits what he is aiming at, even though he might squeeze down on his palm before Cyclops can think about fireing off a blast, he would still get tagged before his web line snagged anything...

And no amount of contortion will allow him to evade an attack aimed center mass.

I'm just going to accept as one of Spiderman's powers the ability to dodge most things, regardless of the application of physics. Think of his power as the ability to distort space/reality around his body when he is in danger.

capt it up
i have read enough xmen to know about wolverine i have also read enough xmen and marvel comics in general to know how disgusted i am what wolverine has become. sure wolverine is a top tier fighter so is cyclops then again so is a hell of alot of the marvel universe... i mean any superhero that is popular is a top tier fighter.

Cyclopes is not even close to be top tier. Again you show your lack of knowledge and bais towards Cyclopes. I am sorry but Cyclopes is at best 4th tier and even then I am not sure. Punisher would destroy scot in h2h combat and he 2nd tier at best

Metalmanx
Hm.

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29817cz.gif

I see.

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43119qq.gif

Yes, go on.

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33655wg.gif

Interesting...

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38554kn.png

Yes, it all makes sense now...

capt it up
bad guys are such idiots they should aim at his stomack not his limbs which he can move

masterbruce
bad guys are such idiots they should aim at his stomack not his limbs which he can move

they want to cripple him, not kill him!

capt it up
they want to cripple him, not kill him!

it you aim at his stomahc he has no chance to dodge

srankmissingnin
Hm.

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29817cz.gif

I see.

Yes, go on.

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33655wg.gif

Interesting...

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38554kn.png

Yes, it all makes sense now...

Examples of either A) bad guy missing Spider-man or B) bad guy aiming at Spider-man's limbs. What a bunch of mooks... if they aimed center mass - which any one worth their weight in salt would - Spider-man would be down.

draxx_tOfU
omniblast?

Metalmanx
My God.

Especially this one, guys.

Look at it. Seriously. Am I the ONLY one that sees what Spider-Man is doing with his body there? Look at the trajectory and then how is able to move his whole body through the air.

All four of those scans are examples of this.

srankmissingnin
Carnage missed. His shot was to low and he never readjusted his blast as Spider-man descended to earth. He did a flip mid-air and continued to not be hit by a blast that wasn't hitting him in the first place. If the blast was a foot and a half higher he would have been hit, nothing he could have done about it.

Difference is, Cyclops doesn't miss.... Unless he's shooting @ Wolverine in Origins "aaaah" LMAO!

jinzin
jinzin, and to think that i agreed with you and was awed at your unwavering stance against all odds in the MK VS Streetfighter thread, you pull this up... sad

personally, i think the hero doing the damage from team two would be spiderman... evil face

yet, team 1 has the range but...

stalemate i guess...

;lol:

that's how I roll.. evil face

meh I was half joking.. honestly cyclops has some pretty pathetic showings against both wolverine and spiderman....

cap has good showings against spiderman but nothing descisive, where has against wolverine he doesn't have much going for him at all....

team one's got the strategy and the range, but team two's got the speed and the one hit kill shots on their side.. so yeah it's hard to say who'd get a definitive win here.. bu I still think team 2 can take it.

jinzin

laughing out loud

funny cause it's true.

Metalmanx
laughing out loud

funny cause it's true.

Isn't it though?

Villian: "Haha! I've created and put into play the most fool-proof plan to defeat Spider-Man!"

Spidey: "Woops!" ::Breaks plan apart:: "My bad. That looked expensive!"

laughing

capt it up
ultimate spiderman has some great lines as well lol and he always freaking out and yelling like a girl lol. I not a fan of ultimate, but his lines are funny

Metalmanx
Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.