Luck vs Skill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
They fight on the second floor of the Harrods department store. Team Luck start in the Born to Rock Guitar Exhibition, Team Skill start in Fine China and Porcelain.

Luck
Domino armed with two M1911 Colt pistols and a large adamantium machete.
Longshot
Black Cat

vs

Skill
Punisher armed with two M1911 Colt pistols and a large adamantium machete.
Daredevil
Wolverine w/out healing factor.

http://www.harrods.com/NR/rdonlyres/1CF20390-E9C9-4636-BDD9-203292A1F27D/0/2.gif

Standard rules etc.

Unless otherwise specified participants have their standard equipment and can use things in the environment.

Discuss.

Blair Wind
I would rather be lucky than good
~someone wise....

In this case? I would pick the same

guy222
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
They fight on the second floor of the Harrods department store. Team Luck start in the Born to Rock Guitar Exhibition, Team Skill start in Fine China and Porcelain.

Luck
Domino armed with two M1911 Colt pistols and a large adamantium machete.
Longshot
Black Cat

vs

Skill
Punisher armed with two M1911 Colt pistols and a large adamantium machete.
Daredevil
Wolverine w/out healing factor.

http://www.harrods.com/NR/rdonlyres/1CF20390-E9C9-4636-BDD9-203292A1F27D/0/2.gif

Standard rules etc.

Unless otherwise specified participants have their standard equipment and can use things in the environment.

Discuss.

luck wins

xmarksthespot
Bump.

Placidity
So does Wolverine bleed to death when he brings out the claws?

occultdestroyer
Classic Black Cat solos

spetznaz
In any type of event, luck is always better than skill. Always. Be it in derivatives trading and fund management (a lot of the positive alphas here are, to be very honest, beneficient of a strong luck component), prize championship fighting (a great boxer could have a 'bad day,' be it due to electrolyte imbalance from latent dehydration, or the wife shouting at him in the morning), Formula 1 driving (even Lewis Hamilton can mess up a perfect run, or the car could just give up 500 feet from the finish line) ...etc ....etc....etc.

The only thing is that skill, unlike luck, can always be relied on. Since I am great at work, I can always be able to replicate that greatness. If you are skilled at something, you can always be able to replicate it.

Luck, on the other hand, is ....well ....luck! Replicating it, in the real world, is the difficult thing. You may win the toss of the die now, but toss several dice in a row and chances are (unless they are weighted dice) you will not replicate that result.

However, this is comics. The characters listed can be able to replicate their 'luck feats' over and over, in much the same way that characters like Daredevil, Captain America and Batmancan always rely on their great skill to throw their baton/shield/batarang with PERFECT accuracy and form ALWAYS.

Thus, in comics, the 'lucky' characters are always lucky (or they always bring bad luck to their enemies). It is consistent.

Meaning, luck will always win.

Think about Squirrel Girl (while her powers are not listed as luck, and it is never really shown how she defeats characters that are her superiors, it can be deduced that while it is not stated as luck she does have the ability to really warp ...and I mean REALLY warp ....the tendrils of probability until the outcome is one that is in her favor ....no matter how improbable that might be).

Luck wins.

Placidity
Team Luck will get lucky.

janus77
Luck curbstomps everything, 'cept a feeling of self-worth and accomplishment - but then, you could be lucky to be born stupid and deluded big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.