Favorite Wes Anderson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
I don't expect as many replies as the David Fincher, Quentin Tarantino, etc. threads, but there might as well be one. This man can do no wrong, in my opinion.

Although all of them are amazing, I choose Rushmore.

Strangelove
Tenenbaums

manorastroman
1. royal tenenbaums/rushmore
3. life aquatic
4. bottle rocket

bottle rocket is good, but not in the same class as the other three. anderson hadn't developed his striking sense of mis-en-scene.

i'm hoping darjeeling limited will surpass the first four.

Solo
Originally posted by manorastroman
bottle rocket is good, but not in the same class as the other three.
Indeed, but I know many who feel differently.
Originally posted by manorastroman
i'm hoping darjeeling limited will surpass the first four.
Yes, that would be extraordinary.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I love Wes Anderson in a very gay way. Rushmore, along with The Big Lebowski, could lay claim to being my favorite film. It's just so pitch-perfect.

If I was to put them in order of rank, it would be like this:

1) Rushmore
2) The Life Aquatic (mainly for Willem Defoe's looks)
3) The Royal Tenenbaums
4) Bottle Rocket

I'm not sure about The Fantastic Mr. Fox, though. It's a good kids book, but I don't see how he can affect his style on an animated movie...

My name is Wes Anderson, too. Maybe we could merge?

EPIIIBITES
I say Rushmore.

One of those rare movies where about a 1/3rd of the way in you just know you're in the safe, comforting arms of a good, solid flick that'll entertain you the rest of the way through. Rock steady. For me, up there with Fargo as one of those films that it's hard to find much fault with.

Only criticism I could think of, maybe a couple too many of those "song sequences" dispersed too closely together (those can be kind of a cop out I find)...but the songs happen to all be so darn good that it makes up for it.

The Core
"Bottle Rocket" for me.

The Hawk
Bottle Rocket.

MildPossession
Same for me. smile

SnakeEyes
Just watched Bottle Rocket for the first time and I must say, I think it's my favorite. I'll have to rewatch some of his other films that I've not seen in a while, but currently, I'll say Bottle Rocket.

brocklanders
i really liked darjeeling limited more than most people did. but i still think tenenbaums is the best movie as a whole.

Myth
I say Life Aquatic, but I'm not really a fan of any of those movies.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think The Darjeeling Limited is easily his worst movie.

Myth
It has the worst title too.

ragesRemorse
tenenbaums or life aquatic. Tenenbaums is the only WA movie that made me laugh out loud.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
tenenbaums or life aquatic. Tenenbaums is the only WA movie that made me laugh out loud.

Have you seen Rushmore? "O.R. scrubs..."

bakerboy
The royal tenenbaums, a very good movie. Rusmore and life aquatic were ok. Dajerling was weak.

MildPossession
I enjoyed the film but it is definitely my least favourite of the lot.

Solo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Have you seen Rushmore? "O.R. scrubs..."
"O.R. they?"

Haha I laugh every time, my girlfriend never laughs at that either. I just think it's hilarious.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Solo
"O.R. they?"

Haha I laugh every time, my girlfriend never laughs at that either. I just think it's hilarious.

Same here. I even start giggling when I know it's coming. It's one of the funniest lines in any movie in the history of the world ever. Ever.

Also, in The Life Aquatic I crack-up every time I see ol' Willem Defoe peeking his weird little face through windows and stuff.

chillmeistergen
Rushmore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.