Zoom vs The Runner(A race)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking
who wins this one?

Symmetric Chaos
Runner shifty

Supreme being
Originally posted by sexyking
who wins this one?

Zoom for the win.

Symmetric Chaos
FANBOY mad stick out tongue

Supreme being
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
FANBOY mad stick out tongue

Not really its just that well Zoom wins.

Alfheim
Runner FTW.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Supreme being
Not really its just that well Zoom wins.

thats why I put in the ( stick out tongue )

Kutulu
Runner. scooter

Symmetric Chaos
Isn't Zoom roughly = Flash?

Supreme being
Isn't Zoom roughly = Flash?

no

Symmetric Chaos
no

That much slower?

Supreme being
That much slower?

That much faster, the flash had to power up X4 to operate on Zooms level.

Symmetric Chaos
That much faster, the flash had to power up X4 to operate on Zooms level.

Oh I see.

So then I was right Runner is screwed.

Supreme being
Oh I see.

So then I was right Runner is screwed. yes

Juntai
Zoom.

Galan007
Zoom ftw.

sexyking
Isn't Zoom roughly = Flash? laughing No way its like this Zoom>>>>>>>>>>>Flash

Galan007
That much faster, the flash had to power up X4 to operate on Zooms level. Even then, Zoom was still faster.

Endless Mike
Runner wins, Surfer can easily go millions of times lightspeed and Runner blitzed him easily.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Runner wins, Surfer can easily go millions of times lightspeed and Runner blitzed him easily.

Co-signed, runner gets to places before he even realizes he wanted to be their.

Draco69
Wrong. It doesn't matter HOW fast the Runner or Surfer is. Zoom will ALWAYS be faster because he exists in his own timeframe. In other words, he's several seconds ahead of time.

Wally used the Speed Formula to literally stop time. And Zoom was still "faster".

Zoom doesn't really possess superspeed. He possesses the power to be ahead of time.

Galan007
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Co-signed, runner gets to places before he even realizes he wanted to be their. Yeah............... when he was using the Space Gem.

juggernaut66666
Co-signed, runner gets to places before he even realizes he wanted to be their.
Teleportation with Space Gem....

Apolloknight
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Teleportation with Space Gem....

Was it teleportation, I recall runner saying something like, "He didnt know what speed was like until now"

meh, its been awhile.

King Kandy
Was it teleportation, I recall runner saying something like, "He didnt know what speed was like until now"

meh, its been awhile.
Yeah, until Thanos dropped this gem:

"The Gem didn't actualy make you any faster... Didn't you notice that sometimes you would be somewhere before you even realized you wanted to go there? That's the space gems power of teleportation"

Or something to that effect. I can't remember the exact quote.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah............... when he was using the Space Gem. yes

Bouboumaster
I give 5/10 to each other, but it's sure that it would be really great to see that race! big grin

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Draco69
Wrong. It doesn't matter HOW fast the Runner or Surfer is. Zoom will ALWAYS be faster because he exists in his own timeframe. In other words, he's several seconds ahead of time.

Wally used the Speed Formula to literally stop time. And Zoom was still "faster".

Zoom doesn't really possess superspeed. He possesses the power to be ahead of time.

Wrong, the speed formula simply made Wally even faster than he already was, it didn't stop time. In fact his fight with Zoom they fought around the earth dozens of times in under a second.

Light can go around the earth 7 times in a second, so if we say that they went around the earth 36 times in a second, then they were about 5 times lightspeed.

Meanwhile Surfer, as shown in Annihilation, can go light - years in seconds, which equates to over 31 MILLION times lightspeed, and Runner easily is faster.

boriquaking55
Runner is a powerful character - but to be honest, many of his so-called feats are rather suspect.

During Thanos Quest, his devastating speedblitz of Thanos was the result of the gem's ability to transport him anywhere before he could even think about it. That whole scene was a ruse anyways, as Thanos had 3 gems already and could have destroyed Runner, regardless of what the runner did, in any number of ways. My conclusion was that Thanos was only playing along with runner - he knew that since he had the Time gem & Power gem already there was nothing Runner could do to match up to that, so why not humor him?

Also, when Runner fought SS - he had a good strength feat where he overpowered Surfer, however I don't recall any substantial speed feats where he overwhelmed Norrin.

Anyone who uses the Space gem correctly could do what the runner was doing in TQ. the gem allows you to be anywhere in the universe - basically insta-transwarp.

Since he doesnt have the Space Gem here (that would be cheap), Runner might have trouble.

Runner (gem) =/> Zoom (speedforce) the gem basically gives infinite speed/teleportation so you cant really beat it.
Zoom(speedforce) > Runner (no gem)
Runner (no gem) > Zoom (no speedforce)

Galan007
Meanwhile Surfer, as shown in Annihilation, can go light - years in seconds, which equates to over 31 MILLION times lightspeed, and Runner easily is faster. When has Surfer ever used such speed when battleing an opponent?

Because he certainly wasn't moving at such speeds when he battled the Runner all those years ago.

Endless Mike
When has Surfer ever used such speed when battleing an opponent?

Because he certainly wasn't moving at such speeds when he battled the Runner all those years ago.

He used it when he tried to grab the IG from Thanos as he went a light-year in just a second or two.

juggernaut66666
Zoom.

Galan007
He used it when he tried to grab the IG from Thanos as he went a light-year in just a second or two. That was in a straight line.

Moving as fast as you claimed while fighting an opponent, is a completely different story.

boriquaking55
Surfer has never used light-speed in an actual fight - granted on say, Earth, he doesn't because of the damage it would cause in our atmosphere.

What a friggin' jobber

Galan007
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Surfer has never used light-speed in an actual fight My point exactly!

And if Surfer has never been proven to have gone lightspeed while fighting an opponent (which would include the Runner battle), then how can we say that Runner was even moving at lightspeed during their fight?

In fact, I'm not aware of a single pannel that describes the Runner (without the Space Gem) simply moving at light speed.

Zoom on the other hand has battled while moving at no less then lightspeed on pannel.

Galan007
Zoom on the other hand has battled while moving at no less then lightspeed on pannel. I know someone will think I'm full of crap, so here's the evidence....

While Zoom and Flash were fighting, Flash comments that for every punch thrown they move 1,000 miles:
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8030/13qo5.th.jpg

Earlier in the story, Zoom was toying around with an Amazon, and he still punched her 200 times in less then a second:
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5480/z17em5.th.jpg

So even if we just take that figure, whats 200 punches per second x 1,000 miles per punch?

No less then 200,000 miles per second.

The speed of light is approximately 186,282 miles per second.

So in the Zoom v.s. Flash fight, they were moving at well over the speed of light (at the bare minimum), while fighting each other. As we all know, you can move MUCH faster in a straight line, then when you are zig-zagging while fighting someone.

Shown me a scan where we can say for sure Runner has moved at even lightspeed while fighting an opponent (without the Space Gem), and I might say it's not a ridiculous curbstomp in Zoom's favor.

Again.... galan_zoom ftw.

Kutulu
I know someone will think I'm full of crap, so here's the evidence....

While Zoom and Flash were fighting, Flash comments that for every punch thrown they move 1,000 miles:

Earlier in the story, Zoom was toying around with an Amazon, and he still punched her 200 times in less then a second:

So even if we just take that figure, whats 200 punches per second x 1,000 miles per punch?

So in the Zoom v.s. Flash fight, they were moving at well over the speed of light (at the bare minimum), while fighting each other. As we all know, you can move MUCH faster in a straight line, then when you are zig-zagging while fighting someone.

Shown me a scan where we can say for sure Runner has moved at even lightspeed while fighting an opponent (without the Space Gem), and I might say it's not a ridiculous curbstomp in Zoom's favor.

Show me a scan of Zoom moving in between Galaxies in mere moments... I thought not.

Runner FTW. kirbyswordrun

Galan007
Originally posted by Kutulu
Show me a scan of Zoom moving in between Galaxies in mere moments... I thought not.

Runner FTW. kirbyswordrun Again, when has Runner demonstrated this without the Space Gem?

Space M ummy
Again, when has Runner demonstrated this without the Space Gem?

The runner only had the space gem for a very limited period of time. Like champion and the other elders, he didn't have it when he was introduced, and by then he had already been "running" around the universe for billions of years.

Hell, surfer has traversed galaxies in moments with no gem, and he's slower than runner is.

in a straight race, runner wins this pretty damn easily.

celestialdemon
I know someone will think I'm full of crap, so here's the evidence....

But isn't a battle. It's a race. So the point is irrevelant.

I'm not sure who would win. I'll have to check out Zoom's respect thread before deciding.

Galan007
Originally posted by Space M ummy
The runner only had the space gem for a very limited period of time. Like champion and the other elders, he didn't have it when he was introduced, and by then he had already been "running" around the universe for billions of years.

Hell, surfer has traversed galaxies in moments with no gem, and he's slower than runner is.

in a straight race, runner wins this pretty damn easily. I ask again....

When has Runner been seen on pannel running at faster then Flash speeds?

Supreme being
Originally posted by Space M ummy

in a straight race, runner wins this pretty damn easily.

I think what Galan is saying is you cant say Surfer is slower than the Runner without proof i think its pretty clear your just assuming here.

Galan007
Galan excuse for me intruding here, I think what Galan is saying is you cant say Surfer is slower than the Runner without proof i think its pretty clear your just assuming here. That's exactly what I'm saying SB!

I'm not aware of a single pannel which leads me to believe that Runner is faster then Flash let alone Zoom.

There is far more speculation about the Runner, then actual proof and evidence.

juggernaut66666
Don't you guys understand?
No matter how fast Runner is Zoom uses a kind of "time manipulation" to be faster.

Galan007
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Don't you guys understand?No matter how fast Runner is Zoom uses a kind of "time manipulation" to be faster. Exactly Juggs........ Exactly.

Superherovandal
he went around the world 12 times in less than a second. it never says a second. for all we know it could have been .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...1 microseconds. and if a second had passed wouldn't Superman be moving instead of frozen.

Board Walker
This is not a contest, Zoom takes this.

boriquaking55
I didn't know Zoom had "time manipulation" speed abilities - can someone explain this?

Zoom wins

Galan007
I didn't know Zoom had "time manipulation" speed abilities - can someone explain this?

Zoom wins He can't really manipulate time, he can just move ahead of the normal timestream making himself as fast as he needs to be, by always being ahead of his opponent.

Darth Macabre

Zoom wins

Zoom doesn't have super speed....He moves ahead in his time frame to "fake" super speed.

Chikorita
spitethread. zoom

Galan007
Originally posted by celestialdemon
But isn't a battle. It's a race. So the point is irrevelant.That point is relevant to a debate me and another user were having about Runner never actually battleing at greater then light speeds, while Zoom has.

Originally posted by celestialdemon
I'm not sure who would win. I'll have to check out Zoom's respect thread before deciding. Feel free to do so:

Respect ZOOM!

Soleran
Didn't Runner travel across the/a universe when he heard a girl scream and reached her before she finished screaming?

I could be wrong but I didn't think he had the space gem at that time.

Haha Zoom has no super speed really and he couldn't "run" across a universe to beat anyonesmile

Galan007
Originally posted by Soleran
Haha Zoom has no super speed really and he couldn't "run" across a universe to beat anyonesmile Why is that?

Supreme being
Originally posted by Soleran
Didn't Runner travel across the/a universe when he heard a girl scream and reached her before she finished screaming?

I could be wrong but I didn't think he had the space gem at that time.

Haha Zoom has no super speed really and he couldn't "run" across a universe to beat anyonesmile

confused confused confused

Superherovandal
Like i said you really can't clock Zoom's or amped Flash's speed during that fight as it says 12 X around the world in less than a second. that could be anywhere from .000000000000000000000000000000...1seconds to .99999...seconds.

Board Walker
That's exactly what I'm saying SB!

I'm not aware of a single pannel which leads me to believe that Runner is faster then Flash let alone Zoom.

There is far more speculation about the Runner, then actual proof and evidence.

Agreed, their is more speculation for the Runner that he is faster then Zoom, then that Zoom is faster then the Runner.

Endless Mike
Yeah but Runner heard someone yell across the universe and arrived before they finished yelling.

Soleran
The minute this race leaves the planet Zoom looses BADLY.

Zoom would probably loose anyway though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.