Yo...Rocky Balboa runs the Super-hero boxing gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
This is not a joke...and thought this would make a very interesting and fun topic. This is Rocky Balboa in his prime...like in Rocky III and Rocky IV; when he was beating the snot out of the likes of Ivan Drago and Clubber Lang. Rocky's an extrodinary boxer, but how would some of our heroes do against him in the ring?

The super-heroes (and villains) will be using BOXING ONLY!! I repeat, BOXING ONLY; no judo, tae-quon-do, kick-boxing, ninjitsu, etc...just boxing. All fights take place inside the boxing ring...with each opponent wearing boxing gloves. Fights go to 12 rounds. Rocky starts each new fight totally healed, recharged, and ready to go.

With the "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, Micky in his corner, and with Adrian cheering him on, how would he do against the likes of......

1 - Robin

2 - Nightwing

3 - The Punisher

4 - Moon Knight

5 - Wolverine (no adamantium skeleton or claws)

6 - Black Panther

7 - The Kingpin

8 - Bane

9 - Batman

10 - Daredevil

11 - Captain America

12 - Taskmaster

Remember, boxing only and Rocky's totally recharged after each fight. So, how far does the Italian Stallion make it????

Now can I get a big "Yoooo Adrian"??

srankmissingnin
Gets to Punisher.

Chikorita
inspired from my thing vs hulk boxing matchbig grin
but rocky beats them, NO ONE is as deadly as ivan drago, only cap america, he is nearly as strong as him

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Chikorita
inspired from my thing vs hulk boxing matchbig grin
but rocky beats them, NO ONE is as deadly as ivan drago, only cap america, he is nearly as strong as him

I believe Cap and Kingpin would be in Ivan's league as far as strength go...and Bane would surpass Ivan's strength I believe...but strength and power alone isn't what counts the most in boxing...especially against an ol' pro like Balboa.

DigiMark007
I'll give it a day or so, since it's an earnest attempt at a thread....but Rocky isn't allowed normally.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'll give it a day or so, since it's an earnest attempt at a thread....but Rocky isn't allowed normally.

Thanks Digi... wink Appreciate it...

And this is totally legit...I would like to know how certain heroes stack up to the best when it comes to using their boxing skills. We usually see most heroes relying on their martial-arts in fights, and rarely just plain ol' rough and rowdy boxing...so, hopefully this thread will help pinpoint their boxing skills on the map.

don't shiv
unlimited "emotivisation" for Rock!

dude Rocky 3 rematch Rocky was Fine
with Adrian and Micky on vocals and Rocky providing the beatdown its clear sailing all the way.

AAAADRIAN!!

Chikorita
this is exactly the phenomena i wanted to start... boxing on kmcbig grin

Badabing
Rocky clears it!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cavFoyYJwPQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_RkhN5TrE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tWZDQJHQj60
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FmmQmXcTTZk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iD_auX298fI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FJOEA56y7qA
Montages give him class 100 strength, godlike endurance and durability.

Superboy Prime
Overcoming a guy with a healing factor will be very, very, very hard.

Chikorita
it will. but rocky has overcomen odds before

boriquaking55
Cold-war Siberian Rocky is Elder god level.

ExtraMision5555
being serious, he stops cold at 5
and im not includieng a healing factor for 5 becuase im sure you didnt intend it to be that way

don't shiv
eye of the tiger. Rocky is not just a man he's a hurricane greased lightning and hits like M.C. hammer

can't touch this

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Overcoming a guy with a healing factor will be very, very, very hard.

Not really...without his adamantium skull I believe Rocky has a good chance of knocking Logan down for the 10 count....also, isn't there a rule that says that if an opponent gets knocked down three times, it's considered a TKO...? I may be mistaken, but if this is the case, I believe Rocky could knock Logan down three times....

Chikorita
tgats called a technical knockout. rocky could win that way, too

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Not really...without his adamantium skull I believe Rocky has a good chance of knocking Logan down for the 10 count....also, isn't there a rule that says that if an opponent gets knocked down three times, it's considered a TKO...? I may be mistaken, but if this is the case, I believe Rocky could knock Logan down three times....

You think Rocky can over load Wolverine's healing factor enough to drop him for 10 seconds... with punches... not even class 1 punches.

Are you insane?

Rocky loses to Punishers. Who is A) A better fighter, B) stronger, C) has higher damage soak and... oh hell, Punisher is just better in every conceivable way.

manorastroman
punisher would be a great fight. they both have high damage soak, but i'm pretty sure punisher can't punch 2000psi (as drago was)

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You think Rocky can over load Wolverine's healing factor enough to drop him for 10 seconds... with punches... not even class 1 punches.

Are you insane?

Rocky loses to Punishers. Who is A) A better fighter, B) stronger, C) has higher damage soak and... oh hell, Punisher is just better in every conceivable way.

Yes, Punisher's a better over-all fighter, but is he a better boxer?

Stronger? Hmmmmm, maybe....but strength isn't the most important factor in boxing.

Higher damage soak up? Close...Rocky can take an ungodly amout of damage...did you see Rocky III or IV? Pretty brutal....but yeah, Punisher can take some damage to....I've seen him take a hell of a lot of damage from the likes of the Russian and Barracuda for example...so I'd say they're pretty close in the ring as far as damage is concerned.

ExtraMision5555
I was assumeing the fighting style allowed here was boxing, which is why i could POSSIBLY see rocky passing the punisher up, as other things determine boxing matches such as points

but he DEFINATELY, loses to logan (and im talking no healing factor)

LORDSIDIOUS01
He gets to Batman, then gets pummelled.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
I was assumeing the fighting style allowed here was boxing, which is why i could POSSIBLY see rocky passing the punisher up, as other things determine boxing matches such as points

but he DEFINATELY, loses to logan (and im talking no healing factor)

Yes, for all intents and purposes, Wolverine will not be using his healing factor in this match....and only boxing is allowed in this match...no other forms of combat.

srankmissingnin

Stronger? Hmmmmm, maybe....but strength isn't the most important factor in boxing.

Higher damage soak up? Close...Rocky can take a hell of a lot of damage...did you see Rocky III or IV? Pretty brutal....but yeah, Punisher can take some damage to....I've seen him take a hell of a lot of damage from the likes of the Russian and Barracuda for example...so I'd say they're pretty close in the ring as far as damage is concerned.

Punisher is a brawler, sure he knows some martial arts but when he throws down he doesn't do anything fancy he just throws punches... and he hits like a mac truck... filled to brim with bricks.

Punisher has the highest damage soak just look at his fight with Pittzy, he got a rib blown out with a shot gun... at the started of the fight even. They guy his nuts he got shot in the face three times with rubber bullets (point blank no less) before he blacked out.

ExtraMision5555
Punisher is a brawler, sure he knows some martial arts but when he throws down he doesn't do anything fancy he just throws punches... and he hits like a mac truck... filled to brim with bricks.

Punisher has the highest damage soak just look at his fight with Pittzy, he got a rib blown out with a shot gun... at the started of the fight even. They guy his nuts he got shot in the face three times with rubber bullets (point blank no less) before he blacked out.

ide put punishers stamina leauges beyond rocky, obivously

Still, damage soak isint going to get you any points in a boxing match
and punisher could be out of his element here (unless punisehr has some hidden resolve of boxing skill i didnt know about)

TricksterPriest
Interesting fight. One question. Doesn't Moon Knight have enhanced strength?

1 - Robin: KO

2 - Nightwing: KO

3 - The Punisher: Points

4 - Moon Knight: ? (waiting on answer)

5 - Wolverine (no adamantium skeleton or claws): 3 knockdown rule, or points, but could also lose.

6 - Black Panther: Can't call.

7 - The Kingpin: KO, but probably in the twelth round.

8 - Bane: Same as last one

9 - Batman: KO, but more likely points.

10 - Daredevil: Can't call

11 - Captain America: Points, narrowly

12 - Taskmaster: Loses.

The enhanced strength guys are hard to call. If they're nerfed to peak human, then Rocky could win up to Tasky. If they're at their normal levels, then we have to ask, is Rocky>= Peak human?

srankmissingnin
ide put punishers stamina leauges beyond rocky, obivously

Still, damage soak isint going to get you any points in a boxing match
and punisher could be out of his element here (unless punisehr has some hidden resolve of boxing skill i didnt know about)

You bob, weave and throw punches... Punisher has good foot work and he knows how to throw a punch, what else do you need to know? Ignore the fact that Punisher (and everyone else) is going to be throwing - at the very least - two/three punches for every one of Rocky's.

Comicbook_kid
(unless punisehr has some hidden resolve of boxing skill i didnt know about)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/cyberray1976/BoxingPunisher.gif

ExtraMision5555
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/cyberray1976/BoxingPunisher.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

oh man, then in that case, im not so sure about that match anymore

Chikorita
WTF!!! something i didnt knew

ExtraMision5555
You bob, weave and throw punches...
if only it were that simple

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

5 - Wolverine (no adamantium skeleton or claws): 3 knockdown rule, or points, but could also lose.

The enhanced strength guys are hard to call. If they're nerfed to peak human, then Rocky could win up to Tasky. If they're at their normal levels, then we have to ask, is Rocky>= Peak human?

Put them at thier normal strength levels, and at the MINIMUM, he stops at Batman, if not batman, DEFINATELY daredevil

Comicbook_kid

yes True.....if that were the case I'd be a professional boxer....hell, my mom'd be a boxer. laughing

ExtraMision5555
yes True.....if that were the case I'd be a professional boxer....hell, my mom'd be a boxer. laughing

hahaha
serrusly

srankmissingnin

It is. If you know how to get your weight into a punch, and have good coordination and foot work, you can box.

Comicbook_kid

Early appearances of Moon Knight depict his ability to gain enhanced strength, endurance and reflexes with the waxing and waning phases of the moon. The fuller the moon, the more strength Moon Knight derives from it.

But nowadays, I don't think that applies anymore...but enhanced strength or not, I don't think Moon Knight's stronger than Clubber Lang; and DEFINATELY not stronger than Ivan Drago was in Rocky IV.

ExtraMision5555
It is. If you know how to get your weight into a punch, and have good coordination and foot work, you can box.

Its that simple? Fundamentally, sure. If you want to box causally at Ronans Gym on thursday nights. But to complete well beyond that? I can assure you, thier is MUCH more to it than that. Not only that, it takes quite a bit of work to do what you just stated.

Bouboumaster
Wolverine should be at 11, or 12. He'a a great master of martial arts. He stop at King Pin.

ExtraMision5555
the reason i could possibly see rocky getting far is the fact that alot of these fightesr would be out of their element

still, i agree with what bouboumaster said

Wolverine is kinda placed in the wrong spot

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wolverine should be at 11, or 12. He'a a great master of martial arts. He stop at King Pin.

No, he shouldn't.

I know Wolverine is a great martial artist, but his martial arts skills aren't in question here...we're looking at only his boxing skills...and no way is Logan a better boxer than Cap, D.D., or even Batman....

ExtraMision5555
No, he shouldn't.

I know Wolverine is a great martial artist, but his martial arts skills aren't in question here...we're looking at only his boxing skills...and no way is Logan a better boxer than Cap, D.D., or even Batman....

Strictly boxing? probably not

better than rocky?
ide be inclined to believe so

Badabing
Rocky...Rocky...Rocky...Rocky...Rocky...Rocky...Rocky...Rocky...Rocky

Chikorita
the boxinghype is upbig grin keep it that waybig grin

srankmissingnin
If Rocky gets to Wolverine, he gets one shotted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/41WolverineBloodyChoicesGN.jpg

If you want an idea on how strong you need to be to do that to someone get in your pool and see how far you can throw a baseball underwater... then imagine hitting a bulky, full grown so hard that he rockets from the center of the pool to the other side, with not only enough force to crack the concrete wall... but for his head to become embedded in it.

Decay
alot of these guys are better fighter than rocky, but few are better boxers. like duke said in the new one "you know everything there is to know about fighting". its not about tactics or anything because rocky knows it all. hes the best brawler around, and apollo taught him speed and agility enough to take on even mr t.

drago is likley above peak human strength because he uses steroids, so hes stronger than any human can naturally be. and rocky doesnt just take his punches for a while, he takes them for 12 rounds. nobody on the list can take as much and keep comming. and he even wins in the end.

the guys on the list train to fight, they use elbows and knees and feet, rocky is just boxing, he has more experience in just using his fists than anyone on the list, they wouldnt really be in their element in a boxing match. i can see rocky getting to the end standing, he might lose on points to the likes of batman, but i dont think any of these guys could put him down for the count.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Decay
alot of these guys are better fighter than rocky, but few are better boxers. like duke said in the new one "you know everything there is to know about fighting". its not about tactics or anything because rocky knows it all. hes the best brawler around, and apollo taught him speed and agility enough to take on even mr t.

drago is likley above peak human strength because he uses steroids, so hes stronger than any human can naturally be. and rocky doesnt just take his punches for a while, he takes them for 12 rounds. nobody on the list can take as much and keep comming. and he even wins in the end.

the guys on the list train to fight, they use elbows and knees and feet, rocky is just boxing, he has more experience in just using his fists than anyone on the list, they wouldnt really be in their element in a boxing match. i can see rocky getting to the end standing, he might lose on points to the likes of batman, but i dont think any of these guys could put him down for the count.

I agree with the majority of your post as far as people being out of thier elemnt and stuff

with the exception of the last thing you said

Batman more than likely would put Rocky away
and daredevil would absolutely put rocky away
his dad was a boxer
matt is an increidble boxer (and fighter in general)
and plus, how can rocky get around his senses?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DigiMark007

No fair, Digi. You closed mine. sad

Not that I want this one closed, but still.

Chikorita
rockys strenght was enormously increased in rocky 4. he has scary will. daredevil and batman is WAY to overrated, rocky owns them

Swanky-Tuna
If Rocky gets to Wolverine, he gets one shotted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/41WolverineBloodyChoicesGN.jpg

If you want an idea on how strong you need to be to do that to someone get in your pool and see how far you can throw a baseball underwater... then imagine hitting a bulky, full grown so hard that he rockets from the center of the pool to the other side, with not only enough force to crack the concrete wall... but for his head to become embedded in it.
I think even Hulk would more likely break a dude's neck/back/restofhisbody or simply tear him apart than hurl him even a meter underwater.

Hellooo impossible comic maneuvers!

Punisher could probably do the same thing by shooting the guy. Underwater. With a big fat bullet.

manorastroman
even stranger: the fellow was totally fine after what seems to be a high class 100 hit from a guy with adamantium bones (and he cracked the concrete?)

that's pretty stupid, guy.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by manorastroman
even stranger: the fellow was totally fine after what seems to be a high class 100 hit from a guy with adamantium bones (and he cracked the concrete?)

that's pretty stupid, guy.

He heals fast evil face

SpunkySmurph
He heals fast evil face

And he looks exactly as pug-ugly as Wolverine. What a coincidence hmm

Oh, right, and Rocky looses to Punisher.

Now to shamleslly plug another thread...

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/440921_1-smurfs-gauntlet-o-skillz

bluenutsbluenutsbluenuts

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
And he looks exactly as pug-ugly as Wolverine. What a coincidence hmm

Buscema draws the best Wolverine. smile

batdude123
Rocky gets dropped at 1.

Chikorita
batdude has clearly never watched a rocky movie

Badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Rocky gets dropped at 1.
huh messed
no expression

srankmissingnin

He is right though. Rocky would never land a single hit on Robin if he didn't want him too.

Badabing
He is right though. Rocky would never land a single hit on Robin if he didn't want him too.

huh messed
no expression

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Badabing
huh messed
no expression

You think Rocky is fast enough to hit Robin? I really should stop selling you meth.

batdude123

I've seen all 6, champ. wink

The theme of all his fights (most of them anyway):

Rocky gets beat up for 12 rounds, comes back for the last 3 rounds for teh knockerouterzzzz!!!!!111

Rocky would last MAYBE 2 minutes against Drake.... and that's being generous.

Badabing
You think Rocky is fast enough to hit Robin? I really should stop selling you meth.
Yes Shrank, Rocky will pummel Drake and clear this. I don't take drugs.

Rocky would last MAYBE 2 minutes against Drake.... and that's being generous.
No, that's being obtuse and fanboyish.

Swanky-Tuna
Considering how fluffed and watered down movie fighting is, I wouldn't give him 30 seconds. I'm talking an Anderson Silva vs Chris Leben style beat down.

batdude123

laughing

srankmissingnin

How? The speed difference between Rocky and Drake (every character on the gauntlet) is insane. The spectators won't be happy but Robin can dance around Rocky, easily avoiding the lummox's attacks as he waits for the 12 round to finish and the forces the judges to declare a winner.

batdude123
How? The speed difference between Rocky and Drake (every character on the gauntlet) is insane. The spectators won't be happy but Robin can dance around Rocky, easily avoiding the lummox's attacks as he waits for the 12 round to finish and the forces the judges to declare a winner.

He's just joking.

Badabing
Are we seriously debating this? I thought this was a joke thread. Rocky with a montage clears the gauntlet. Rocky without a montage stops at 2. He rarely wins without a montage.

Chikorita
yeah. but he will easily defeat the likes of robin

Badabing
He's just joking. stick out tongue J/K Srank.

batdude123
yeah. but he will easily defeat the likes of robin

No, he won't.

Big Sexy
Are we seriously debating this? I thought this was a joke thread. Rocky with a montage clears the gauntlet. Rocky without a montage stops at 2. He rarely wins without a montage. Agreed. If "Eye of the tiger" plays, everyone on that list is a corpse.

Badabing
How? The speed difference between Rocky and Drake (every character on the gauntlet) is insane. The spectators won't be happy but Robin can dance around Rocky, easily avoiding the lummox's attacks as he waits for the 12 round to finish and the forces the judges to declare a winner. Originally posted by batdude123
No, he won't. I'm not sure what you people don't understand about Rocky. Through the mystical powers of the montage, he gains superhuman strength, speed, endurance and durability. I suggest you all go and rethink your lives. no expression

Chikorita
rocky = bumb
rocky + montage = immortal warrior

srankmissingnin
Bah! I can't tell who is joking anymore!

Badabing
I'm joking about how Rocky's montages give him superhuman attributes. He loses in Rocky III because he had no montage. Rocky with access to montages between rounds wtfpwnz everybody.

Comicbook_kid

Actually, this wasn't meant to be a joke at all...I was totally serious when I originally created the thread; as stated in my original opening thread....

So, c'mon guys...let's get back to some serious debating and discussions here.... wink

Tassadar
Stops at Punisher, because Punisher has every advantage, and could get away with fighting dirty (like I do in FNR3).

jgiant

Higher damage soak up? Close...Rocky can take an ungodly amout of damage...did you see Rocky III or IV? Pretty brutal....but yeah, Punisher can take some damage to....I've seen him take a hell of a lot of damage from the likes of the Russian and Barracuda for example...so I'd say they're pretty close in the ring as far as damage is concerned.
Sure Punisher's a better boxer, he takes rocky apart, punisher has taken more damage in one day's night than rocky has in his entire life.
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7366/boxingpunisherdb8.th.jpg

King KAM

The enhanced strength guys are hard to call. If they're nerfed to peak human, then Rocky could win up to Tasky. If they're at their normal levels, then we have to ask, is Rocky>= Peak human? yeah umm....there was this one super hero boxing guy...named Bantam...he was like an excellent boxer and cap whipped his ass in the gloves.

Cap KO's rocky in 4 body punches, each of them hard enough to kill a normal man but rocky somehow survives the first three and only passes out to the third

Swanky-Tuna
I wonder who would win between Rocky with "Eye of the Tiger" playing and Daniel-san with "You're the Best" playing. Daniel is just a kid, but Eye of the Tiger kind of sucks a lot after the intro riffs. But if you listen to "You're the Best" on a loop, you really start to feel like you're the best at whatever you're doing at the time.

Jax_Jax
tyson eats him, then knocks his wife out while "fornicating" his child.

iron mike is the greatest,lol

Draco69
He's not getting past Robin and everyone here knows it...

erm

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Draco69
He's not getting past Robin and everyone here knows it...

erm

laughing laughing laughing

You do understand that Robin will just be boxing right? No judo, kicks, karate, gadgets here....just boxing. Sure Robin might be an o.k. boxer, but no way is he better than Rocky in boxing. Rocky has been the heavyweight boxing champion of the world TWICE...it's what he does. Boxing is all he does. ROCKY IS BOXING!

I think he could hold his own against a teenage boy who is under half his size, half his weight, half his experience, and half his power...

Sure Robin's a decent all-around fighter, but Rocky is an EXTRORDINARY boxer...who excels in boxing. It's his specialty; whereas Robin's would probably be martial-arts.

Chikorita
he 3-punch knockouts robin

Comicbook_kid
Rocky is a BEAST in the ring...and absolutely refuses to stay down...no matter what! Robin is out of his league here, as well as his environment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.