PC Superman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
PC Superman(No Super-Sneeze or Anti-Thanos power developement)

vs

Thanos(Just before his death)

Who takes it?

spidey-dude
whats PC for ?

darthgoober
Originally posted by spidey-dude
whats PC for ?
Pre-Crisis.

Martian_mind
Hey Goobie goobie doo,where were you?

Lately i mean

Beta Ray Howard
Uh, I don't think Thanos can take this one.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Hey Goobie goobie doo,where were you?

Lately i mean

TricksterPriest
For once, Thanos is probably screwed. PC Supes is a deus ex machina character. Has he EVER been beaten, besides by PC Darkseid?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
For once, Thanos is probably screwed. PC Supes is a deus ex machina character. Has he EVER been beaten, besides by PC Darkseid?

Yes, by Mongul, who was stronger than him.

Gamesmaster
Not convinced Thanos would lose this one, especially if Mongul was stronger than and defeated PC Superman.

Kutulu
PC Superman takes it rather easily. Even if you don't count the sneezing a solar system feat, he still moved thousands of planets at once from one galaxy to another, was able to re-arrange solar systems, toss a neutron star like a baseball, blew a sun using his breath to attack someone, etc..

Basically he had no limit to his strength that was shown. He wins.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Gamesmaster
Not convinced Thanos would lose this one, especially if Mongul was stronger than and defeated PC Superman.

What'd you mean?

Mongul is a loser these days, but Pre-Crisis Mongul was a damn beast. One time Superman managed to beat him, by going all out with speed and strength and heat vision...and fell into unconsciousness right after that.

boriquaking55
The problem with PC Superman was that he was wildly inconsistent - sneezing out galaxies one issue & struggling with minor baddies the next.

Xplosive
PC Superman rather easily.

xmeat
Hulk fought pre crisis so thanos kills him.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by xmeat

confused What?

Galan007
PC Supes wins this with little to no effort.

juggernaut66666
Great logic there.thumb up

Galan007
Not convinced Thanos would lose this one, especially if Mongul was stronger than and defeated PC Superman. You must not know who PC Superman is, and what he was capable of.

This is a guy that moved a Solar Systems worth of planets like they were nothing. This is the guy that tossed a trillion pounds like a tennis ball. This is the guy that could move planets with nothing more then his breath. This is the guy that could travel through time, on a whim, and under his own power.

Thanos is less than nothing when compared to PC Supes.

golem370
Wrong

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
You must not know who PC Superman is, and what he was capable of.

This is a guy that moved a Solar Systems worth of planets like they were nothing. This is the guy that tossed a trillion pounds like a tennis ball. This is the guy that could move planets with nothing more then his breath. This is the guy that could travel through time, on a whim, and under his own power.

Thanos is less than nothing when compared to PC Supes. Originally posted by golem370
Wrong

I have evidence backing up every claim I just made smile

Pulling the Solar system feat:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8735/pc2oe7.th.jpg

The tossing trillions of tons feat:
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1787/pc2mw9.th.jpg

moving a planet with his breath:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7511/pc1dc4.th.jpg

Traveling through time on a whim:
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5249/pc3kz3.th.jpg

Let go of your bias, Thanos has NO chance here.

Soljer
This really gets on my nerves; does NO ONE realize that pre crisis and post crisis could both be abbreviated PC?

Both pre and post start with a 'P,' afterall. I mean, it's not a big deal, but, seriously....

Meh.

xmeat
a couple of those scans were superboy not superman.ahahah

Galan007
a couple of those scans were superboy not superman.ahahah Who the HELL do you think Superboy becomes?

If anything, he got STRONGER as he aged.

juggernaut66666
Hulk?

xmeat
Who the HELL do you think Superboy becomes?

If anything, he got STRONGER as he aged.

supes has fought superboy moron how can they be the same then.

Galan007
supes has fought superboy moron how can they be the same then. Your actually a bigger idiot then I first thought.

Stick to Hulk threads. wink

Gamesmaster
PC Superman can die, can't he? Afterall, he was shown to be an old man at age one million. This implies PC Superman is not immortal, but Thanos tends to be, given his frequent resurrections from Death and now especially with Keith Giffen's hint of him becoming Death.

Galan007
PC Superman can die, can't he? Afterall, he was shown to be an old man at age one million. This implies PC Superman is not immortal, but Thanos tends to be, given his frequent resurrections from Death and now especially with Keith Giffen's hint of him becoming Death. You do not have to kill an opponent to beat them.

Gamesmaster
Also, as one member has suggested in another forum, one of Thanos' powers tends to be his being one step ahead and knowing his foes well, one aspect of his god-like knowledge. I would suspect that with pred, he would defeat PC Superman much like he has the LT and most other Marvel cosmic beings.

Galan007
Also, as one member has suggested in another forum, one of Thanos' powers tends to be his being one step ahead and knowing his foes well, one aspect of his god-like knowledge. I would suspect that with pred, he would defeat PC Superman much like he has the LT and most other Marvel cosmic beings. Dude, Thanos has only defeated "LT and the other cosmics" by using either the IG, or THOTI. He didn't beat them under his own power.

Gamesmaster
You're missing the point of any fictional universe.

When and where is the fight? In Death's realm, Superman's soul stands no chance. My point is simple. Too many if's when considering location, prep, and even destiny (for example, Orion ending Darkseid). I like to think of destiny as the writers' will, though. Giffen's killing Thanos was followed by outrage from a surprisingly large number of Thanos fans, which in turn was followed by Giffen appeasing them with the possibility of making him even stronger.

Galan007
That last statement actually made no sense at all.

All you sound like is yet another Thanos fanboy, yet again, overhyping him to ridiculous levels. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gamesmaster
This is why these Vs. threads really prove nothing, at least in regards to the future. But given the retcons, even the past isn't hallow ground. Perhaps a fiction that has ended definitively, but Marvel and DC are ongoing. So, they're open to difference and deference, a common problem in these threads.

King Kandy
Originally posted by boriquaking55
The problem with PC Superman was that he was wildly inconsistent - sneezing out galaxies one issue & struggling with minor baddies the next.
I agree.

Plus, when don't know WHEN the pre-crisis Supes comes from. It could be sandman supes.

BobbyD
PC Supes.

xmeat
hOW DID THANOS BEAT LT.

juggernaut66666
hOW DID THANOS BEAT LT.
He asked Hulk to do it for him.
It happened in Incredible Hulk 875.

Gamesmaster
Dude, Thanos has only defeated "LT and the other cosmics" by using either the IG, or THOTI. He didn't beat them under his own power.

So? What matters is that he defeated them with prep. He knew what he wanted and how to get it, and he did. Downsizing this obvious characterization of Thanos' would be like downsizing Superman's intelligence to Bizarro's. Do you think Superman would be a good match then, if he were easily outwitted?

The way I see it, with prep Thanos could nearly defeat anyone, save the Gods of Marvel and DC in the monotheistic sense. And this thread's creater mentioned nothing of having no prep.

Galan007
So? What matters is that he defeated them with prep. He knew what he wanted and how to get it, and he did. Downsizing this obvious characterization of Thanos' would be like downsizing Superman's intelligence to Bizarro's. Do you think Superman would be a good match then, if he were easily outwitted?

The way I see it, with prep Thanos could nearly defeat anyone, save the Gods of Marvel and DC in the monotheistic sense. And this thread's creater mentioned nothing of having no prep. Have you even read the IG/The End saga's?

Thanos defeating the cosmics with the IG and THOTI had nothing to do with prep.

I hate trying to make a point to fanboys. It just gets frustrating.

Gamesmaster
If it pleases you to categorize me as a fanboy in order to more easily dismiss my points, then do so. My goal is not to frustrate you. Rather, my goal is to give valid points.

I own the IG and the End sagas. I know that he intentionally sought after each gem, for example, after studying from the Infinity Well.

Anonimator
im leaving this forum

Galan007
Originally posted by Anonimator
im leaving this forum hi2

Galan007
I own the IG and the End sagas. I know that he intentionally sought after each gem, for example, after studying from the Infinity Well. Yes, but he didn't defeat the cosmics with prep. He simply had more power then they did.

There was no prep involved where that is concerned.

Gamesmaster
But isn't there? He suspected their appearance eventually, which is a totally reasonable expectation.

Galan007
But isn't there? He suspected their appearance eventually, which is a totally reasonable expectation. Understand that prep was not required for Thanos to defeat these cosmics, he simply had much more power then they did.

How much prep would it require for you or me to see a cockroach, and step on it?

Priest
I voted for Thanos shifty

Gamesmaster
With the IG alone, Thanos was able to sense the second battle wave with the cosmic beings. He knew Warlock and Silver Surfer were spying on him from afar, also.

Understand that preparation need not be necessary and can even be extraneous. Also, could it be that Thanos prepared for these battles all along and thus, his obtaining the IG. Ultimate power means defeating or being able to defeat those you wish below you.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Priest
I voted for Thanos shifty

You lousy corksucker mad

Symmetric Chaos
I've always been of the opinion that PreCrisisSuperman was basicly spite against anything short of a god due to his "never lose" and "create a power at random" abilities. (but thats just me)

Kutulu
Yes, but he didn't defeat the cosmics with prep. He simply had more power then they did.

There was no prep involved where that is concerned.

Studying who you are fighting against, planning ahead of time, and bringing the proper tech with you is considered prep. He had prep time to get to the HOTI, and he had prep to get to each of the gem holders. That's what the well of infinity was, a prep device. Without the well he would not have known about the true potential of the gems.

Prep is: Studying your opponent, planning ahead, preparing tech to use with you (such as bringing kryptonite if you would normally have access to it, etc.). So therefore studying the in-betweener for example, using the infinity well, and realizing the dilemna he was in and planning how to defeat him ahead of time, would be considered prep.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kutulu
Studying who you are fighting against, planning ahead of time, and bringing the proper tech with you is considered prep. He had prep time to get to the HOTI, and he had prep to get to each of the gem holders. That's what the well of infinity was, a prep device. Without the well he would not have known about the true potential of the gems.

Prep is: Studying your opponent, planning ahead, preparing tech to use with you (such as bringing kryptonite if you would normally have access to it, etc.). So therefore studying the in-betweener for example, using the infinity well, and realizing the dilemna he was in and planning how to defeat him ahead of time, would be considered prep. I never once said it didn't take prep for Thanos to gain his power.

I said it didn't take prep for him to actually defeat the cosmics.

Priest
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
You lousy corksucker mad
laughing out loud ..... evil face

Gamesmaster
Why do you think Thanos prepared to gain powers? In order to impress Death, even if that meant defeating the cosmics. I'm sure this is one of many scenarios he considered, given his long time spent with the infinity well and considering he outwitted Grandmaster, a super-genius at probability.

But suppose you're right. Nonetheless, if he knows ahead of time he needs or simply wants to defeat PC Superman, then obviously wouldn't he prepare likewise with ridiculously powerful artifacts?

Galan007
Nonetheless, if he knows ahead of time he needs or simply wants to defeat PC Superman, then obviously wouldn't he prepare likewise with ridiculously powerful artifacts? This thread is Thanos v.s. PC Superman.

It's not "Thanos /w/ IG v.s Supes", or Thanos /w/ THOTI v.s. Supes.

It's mono e mono baby!

and in that fight, Supes takes it every damn time.

Gamesmaster
This thread's creater typed nothing of having no prep. Furthermore, he speaks of Thanos just before his death, but which death? Perhaps right before his sacrifice with the HOTU, in which he defeats Superman rather easily?

Soljer
This thread is Thanos v.s. PC Superman.

It's not "Thanos /w/ IG v.s Supes", or Thanos /w/ THOTI v.s. Supes.

It's mono e mono baby!

and in that fight, Supes takes it every damn time.

*Mano y mano.

Galan007
This thread's creater typed nothing of no prep. Furthermore, he speaks of Thanos just before his death, but which death? Perhaps right before his sacrifice with the HOTU, in which he defeats Superman rather easily? That's so ridiculous that it's funny. laughing out loud

Since prep wasn't specified, by forum rules, there IS NO prep.

And by forum rules, we can assume that this is the most current version of Thanos.

And since no powerful artifacts were specified, there ARE NO artifacts.

Sorry... I know you like Thanos, and I know your digging for a win, but he has no chance here.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
*Mano y mano. Meh, that's how rich people spell it. stick out tongue

Gamesmaster
No, that's how Spanish ppl spell it. It means "hand and hand."

Anyway, I was unaware of the forum's rules of "exclusion unless specified," though it seems fairly arbitrary.

So you're saying no prep or powering-up?

Symmetric Chaos
So you're saying no prep or powering-up?

They must be specified in the fight. Alternately you can argue for how the character might achieve them during combat.

Gamesmaster
I'm afraid that would be difficult for Thanos unless they just happen to be in his pocket.

Gamesmaster
Still, this battle seems far too slanted in Superman's favor, and as I recall, there was a restriction on how far apart the power levels could be.

DigiMark007
Depends. Is this "lose to a monkey in single combat" PC Supes? Or "sneeze a galaxy away" PC Supes?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gamesmaster
Ah, but Thanos couldn't even just happen to have the HOTU in his pocket (which by the way, no one really knows what happened to it after Thanos' sacrifice, and considering he turned up alive...), because of the standard equipment rule. If you think about it, these rules are heavily biased against heroes and villains like Thanos who are characterized by their wits and being one step ahead. Instead, brute force is favored in arbitrary battles of blow to blow, despite it's being only one type of battle.

Galan007
Ah, but Thanos couldn't even just happen to have the HOTU in his pocket (which by the way, no one really knows what happened to it after Thanos' sacrifice, and considering he turned up alive...), because of the standard equipment rule. If you think about it, these rules are heavily biased against heroes and villains like Thanos who are characterized by their wits and being one step ahead. Instead, brute force is favored in arbitrary battles of blow to blow, despite it's being only one type of battle. Dude, what don't you get about this?

THOTI is not part of Thanos's "standard equipment".

Symmetric Chaos
Ah, but Thanos couldn't even just happen to have the HOTU in his pocket (which by the way, no one really knows what happened to it after Thanos' sacrifice, and considering he turned up alive...), because of the standard equipment rule. If you think about it, these rules are heavily biased against heroes and villains like Thanos who are characterized by their wits and being one step ahead. Instead, brute force is favored in arbitrary battles of blow to blow, despite it's being only one type of battle.

If you create a thread that gives a person prep time and conditions where they fight well the results change.

Gamesmaster
Dude, what don't you get about this?

THOTI is not part of Thanos's "standard equipment".

Obviously, as I stated in your quote of me. Dude.

Gamesmaster
Why not have more inclusive rules for battles, giving the burden of restriction to the thread creator? For example, it could be assumed prep time is always there unless stated otherwise. Same for power-ups. And without these things, what good are a large portion of characters?

Batman-Prime
Gamesmaster is right about the thing with the writers, they can write what they want, so DC would never allow PC-Superman to loose to Thanos, the writers would have to find a way to make PC-Superman win. Thanos with the IG AND the HOTU would loose to God, PC-Superman as DCs icon is euqal to God in crossovers like this, sooooo he would beat IG-HOTU-Thanos, PIS FTWbig grin.

Thanos without the IG or HOTU stands no chance.

I voted for Superman, woahh don't be surprised :P.

Galan007
Why not have more inclusive rules for battles, giving the burden of restriction to the thread creator? For example, it could be assumed prep time is always there unless stated otherwise. Same for power-ups. And without these things, what good are a large portion of characters? Because, if Thanos has the IG or THOTI, there is a very limited number of beings that can beat him.

If a thread starter wants these things, they can specify it in a particular thread.

Evil_Ash
Why not have more inclusive rules for battles, giving the burden of restriction to the thread creator? For example, it could be assumed prep time is always there unless stated otherwise. Same for power-ups. And without these things, what good are a large portion of characters?

That's dangerous talk, Gamesmaster. We can't risk upsetting the natural order. Who knows what could happen.

Gamesmaster
I see your point, too, Galan. If ppl just put Thanos, then few would be able to beat him if it's assumed he has the HOTU unless otherwise stated, and this wouldn't be an accurate portrayal of Thanos most of the time.

Still, the slant against battles of wit bothers me. Perhaps if only prep time is included unless otherwise stated...but this would slant against brawn, as Thanos with prep could beat nearly anyone. How perplexing.

Galan007
I see your point, too, Galan. If ppl just put Thanos, then few would be able to beat him if it's assumed he has the HOTU unless otherwise stated, and this wouldn't be an accurate portrayal of Thanos most of the time.Exactly.

Gamesmaster
Well, PC Superman wins given the conditions. How sad that Thanos had to be reduced to such conditions. He had a decent chance with prep.

Well, PC Superman kills Thanos, but there's always a next time with Thanos (and maybe some prep, too, as he plots revenge).

nvrbeenwthagirl

IVe' been saying this for ever. THanos with no prep isn't really all that powerful and would lose to beings like DS easily. smile

Kutulu
Well, PC Superman wins given the conditions. How sad that Thanos had to be reduced to such conditions. He had a decent chance with prep.

Well, PC Superman kills Thanos, but there's always a next time with Thanos (and maybe some prep, too, as he plots revenge).

Don't feel bad about it, PC Superman had powers so ridiculous that the DC writers themselves had to stop it. When you casually hurl a neutron star thousands of miles with just a baseball style throw, as a young boy, then grow up to be even stronger... then there isn't much sub-cosmic that can stand up to him. He was basically stronger than everybody else unless the writers said he was weaker than someone specifically. When you can literally blow a sun towards someone, as an attack, using just super-breath, well... what the heck can withstand that kind of power?

You would need a skyfather level being to defeat him basically.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Kutulu
You would need a skyfather level being to defeat him basically.

Nah. Just Mongul cool

Kutulu
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Nah. Just Mongul cool

Mongul fell into this category:
" He was basically stronger than everybody else unless the writers said he was weaker than someone specifically. "

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Depends. Is this "lose to a monkey in single combat" PC Supes? Or "sneeze a galaxy away" PC Supes?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai

Let go of your bias, Thanos has NO chance here. In another one, I used to have of him blowing a star at his enemy, lol.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
In another one, I used to have of him blowing a star at his enemy, lol. Yeah, here's that scan:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6558/pc11gu1.th.gif

Some of the things he could do were ridiculous, but PC Supes deserves more credit then some people give him around here lol.

thanospimphand
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
IVe' been saying this for ever. THanos with no prep isn't really all that powerful and would lose to beings like DS easily. smile

this ds

Gamesmaster
I have recanted my stance on Thanos losing to PC Superman for sure. Due to PC Superman's inconsistency in power, how are we sure he will be strongest? Plus, this seems to insinuate that PC Superman lacks the quick wit and ability to strategize in the heat of battle...otherwise, why lose to much lesser villains? If you respond with the writers, then how are we certain the writers would not have Thanos win anyway? See this endless loop of difference and deference?

jostopholees

Let go of your bias, Thanos has NO chance here. That's the dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life

guy222
Originally posted by jostopholees
That's the dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life

Superman ftw

DevilGoblin
Pre Crisis Superman kills Thanos and Darkseid at the same time.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Pc Darkseid is as strong as the one in my signature. Stop being a biased fanboy. Darkseid is weak.

Galan007
Originally posted by jostopholees
That's the dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life Does that matter to me? no

This thread is concerning PC Superman, and those are PC Superman feats. doped

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
Pc Darkseid is as strong as the one in my signature. Stop being a biased fanboy. Darkseid is weak.

No one is being biased. Check out Darkseid's respect thread...

And if you think Doomsday is as strong as PC Superman, then you're the one being biased.

Kutulu
There is also the infamous "sneeze" incident:
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pctr7.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.