Kyle runs the willpower gauntlet!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
an interesting thread has led me to this one. pretend we have a completely neutral ring sitting on a table. the task set before the contenders is simple: they sit on chairs and command, through willpower, that the ring become theirs. can kyle run the gauntlet and claim the ring at the end or is their a new gl in town . . .?

1. namor
2. juggernaut
3. ben grim
4. spiderman
5. captain america
6. magneto
7. silver surfer
8. doom

(i tried to order tham as best i could, but this is a rather subjective topic. feel free to suggest an altered order, or if i blatantly forgot someone, stick that person into the gauntlet.)

smile

Soujaboy
Wish you would have put Thanos on their, but oh well, good thread none the less.

He could possible stop at 1. Namor is one of the most resilient, and stubborn characters ever created. His will to do whatever he sets his mind to is second to few.

If he gets past 1, then he'll get past two.

He may stop at three. Ben Grimm's character is based on the fact that his will to continue on is second to none. He never quits, and his will keeps him in most fights he has no right to be placed in.

If he gets past 3, he'll get past 4.

Five is also a challenge, Cap is a resilient one. He too has a great will to do whats right, letting nothing stop him on his path to do justice.

The last three are toss ups.

Many of the characters mentioned in this thread would make great GL's.

leonidas
basically i placed namor first because he is so unstable, though i agree he does have many 'strong-will' moments in his history.

glad you like the thread. smile

xmarksthespot
You forgot Wolverine. shifty

steverules
he would win for sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You forgot Wolverine. shifty

shifty

ps: who is denny crane . . .? confused

Newjak
Meh don't sale Cain Marko short on willpower he as stubborn and bull headed as they come and will never give up as long as he can keep going.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by leonidas
shifty

ps: who is denny crane . . .? confused petpet

Deprived of Denny Crane.

Now there's a man who'd beat Kyle.

Rewmac
A will to fight and get up isn't really the same willpower Green Lantern's have.

King Kandy
Gets to 7.

SS outpowered the devil in willpower.

Soljer
petpet

Deprived of Denny Crane.

Now there's a man who'd beat Kyle.

*laughs* As a marine trained sniper.

Or pilot....hmmm....

Anyways, will is a hard thing to measure as far as the comics are concerned. There is rarely on panel evidence of willpower, so, I'm just going to reserve my opinion on the subject.

Entity
Gets to Doom!
Then the really test begins!!!

P.S. Love the new Power Ranger sig Rewmac!
There I said it, I was a huge fan of the original Power Rangers.
Is that the Red Ranger with Tommy's shield?

Newjak
Originally posted by Soljer
*laughs* As a marine trained sniper.

Or pilot....hmmm....

Anyways, will is a hard thing to measure as far as the comics are concerned. There is rarely on panel evidence of willpower, so, I'm just going to reserve my opinion on the subject. Technically Juggernaut showed his willpower b yresisteing a telepath in one of his fights. So much so that the telepath didn't even faze him.

Thats willpower

qqqqqqq
the fury. It NEVER gives up

Jyppe
Originally posted by Newjak
Technically Juggernaut showed his willpower b yresisteing a telepath in one of his fights. So much so that the telepath didn't even faze him.

Thats willpower

Do you mean the 8th day saga? Wasn't he Koed in the end? I do remember him staying alive as a skeleton because of "pure hate". Maybe he could use that.

Recently he's been just a dip-sh*t though.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Jyppe
Do you mean the 8th day saga? Wasn't he Koed in the end? I do remember him staying alive as a skeleton because of "pure hate". Maybe he could use that.

Recently he's been just a dip-sh*t though.

You've got things mixed up. The skeleton of him was from when he was fighting against D'spayre, and his willpower was such that he could keep going.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mystic1.jpg

Kutulu
Originally posted by leonidas
an interesting thread has led me to this one. pretend we have a completely neutral ring sitting on a table. the task set before the contenders is simple: they sit on chairs and command, through willpower, that the ring become theirs. can kyle run the gauntlet and claim the ring at the end or is their a new gl in town . . .?

1. namor
2. juggernaut
3. ben grim
4. spiderman
5. captain america
6. magneto
7. silver surfer
8. doom

(i tried to order tham as best i could, but this is a rather subjective topic. feel free to suggest an altered order, or if i blatantly forgot someone, stick that person into the gauntlet.)

smile

I'd say that he gets to 5 tops, possibly stopped at 2.

StarsNeverFall7
The same kyle that became Ion, hrmm... I personally think he could clear it...thats just me though. The GL's "will power" is on a whole different level from that of what marvel deals with.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Kutulu
You've got things mixed up. The skeleton of him was from when he was fighting against D'spayre, and his willpower was such that he could keep going.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mystic1.jpg It's he didn't feel a goddamn thing fro mbeing made a skeleton.

Newjak
Originally posted by Jyppe

Recently he's been just a dip-sh*t though. Yes but for a whole fight he sat back and withstood the effects of a telepathic assualt in which it even implies it was a willpower based feat.

Jyppe
Originally posted by Kutulu

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mystic1.jpg

Ah, I worded it badly. I meant that "wasn't he Koed in the 8th saga, but I do remember a good willpower feat of his, can't remember the issue though "

Btw, the art in that issue was pretty odd IMO. Espcially Juggernaut, & the chick he was trying to score.

Newjak
Yes but for a whole fight he sat back and withstood the effects of a telepathic assualt in which it even implies it was a willpower based feat. big grin

xmarksthespot
big grin http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/39/29wz8.th.jpg

shifty

Newjak
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/39/29wz8.th.jpg

shifty You do know the person cai nwas resisting in the 8th Day Saga hurt Xavier right
shifty

xmarksthespot
You do know the person cai nwas resisting in the 8th Day Saga hurt Xavier right
shifty Pshaw. Everyone hurts Xavier. I once hurt Xavier.

Newjak
Pshaw. Everyone hurts Xavier. I once hurt Xavier. Still anyone who can hurt Xavier and Thor better than Pyslocke
shifty

xmarksthespot
Still anyone who can hurt Xavier and Thor better than Pyslocke
shifty Are you saying I'm better than Psylocke. Oh you. 131

Anyway he's oft times been shown to be KTFOed by any decent telepath without much hassle. Overcoming telepathy "by will" in general is usually plot necessitated.

leonidas
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
The same kyle that became Ion, hrmm... I personally think he could clear it...thats just me though. The GL's "will power" is on a whole different level from that of what marvel deals with.

i'd disagree with that last part in particular. a gl's will power is DISPLAYED differently, and is made manifest regularly. THAT is what creates the SEEMING disparity imo. marvel has no analogous 'willpower' weapon so we are left looking for other indicators. not easy, especially when finding 'willpower' feats for a gl is about as hard as finding strength feats for superman. erm

anyway, he MAY be able to clear it, but i don't think it's because a GL's willpower is 'on a different level'. it may be because KYLE'S willpower is sufficient to do so. but i would say that a lot of guys in that gauntlet could beat a LOT ofg gl's in a willpower battle. MAYBE not kyle or hal, though . . .

maybe . . .

(then again, if deathstroke can do it . . .) shifty

Newjak
Are you saying I'm better than Psylocke. Oh you. 131

Anyway he's oft times been shown to be KTFOed by any decent telepath without much hassle. Overcoming telepathy "by will" in general is usually plot necessitated. He still did it big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.