how much power is in the kabalah?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oncewhite
People who are celebrities don't just practice something b/c it's a fad, they do things that are powerful, b/c they are usually into power, but are very neat about putting up a very soft image, but usually they are most ambitious (aka, power hungry). So, when you hear about ambitious singers or actors getting into the Kabalah or Cabala, do you think this practice is good or not?

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Oncewhite
People who are celebrities don't just practice something b/c it's a fad, they do things that are powerful, b/c they are usually into power, but are very neat about putting up a very soft image, but usually they are most ambitious (aka, power hungry). So, when you hear about ambitious singers or actors getting into the Kabalah or Cabala, do you think this practice is good or not?

Hmmmm. Not so sure about "power hungry" - when I think a celebrity with a hang up I think "attention seeker" or "someone burning out because they gained to much to fast or something" - I don't think "joining some group in order to gain power, mystical or otherwise." And aren't you kind of leaping to conclusions?

"Celebrities don't just practice something because it is a fad (tell that to the fashion industry.) Celebrities are power hungry. Ergo they want power. Ergo if they join a religion then they must think it is a path to power. Ergo what does this say about Kabalah if ambitious singers or actors are getting into it? Elementary my dear Watson. Elementary."

But anyway - wouldn't this kind of question apply to Scientology as well, since both Kabalah and Scientology is apparently attractive to the rich and famous? Granted, two different things, but anyhoo.

Do I think it is good? To be honest I don't mind either way. If they are happy, good for them. As far as I see it isn't harming anyone (except maybe themselves, but if that is what they want why argue?), I am yet to see the tell tale signs of Kabalah power slipping into the government like the scaly fingers of lizardmen Bush and co. It is far less noisome or intrusive then scientology. So - no worries eg. good in a default kind of way.

Mindship
Originally posted by Oncewhite

Couple of things here.

1. Everyone seeks power (or if you prefer, "empowerment"wink. Just some of us are more obvious about it than others.

2. Back in the 1960s, Westerners got into Eastern religion because of quasi-fashionable rejection of their familiar, Western faiths. Now after decades of "Eastern hip" (and lo, the world has not gotten any better), Western faiths are being looked at anew. This is especially true for mystical Judaism, generally ignored by Whitebread Christian America (and so, Kabbalah is the new "esoteric hip"wink.

3. There is no more power in Kabbalah than in any other mystical school. "Power" does not lie with the system so much as it lies with the individual.

Atlantis001
I think that Kabbalah is just a new fashion trend for them. Its difficult to believe that thy are serious into it. A bad thing for the reputation of the kabbalah I think.

About how much "power" is in the kabbalah, well I agree with Mindship that power lies within the individual. But the kabbalah is a way a good start to get some clarification about some spiritual ideas when someone is sincerely looking for it.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Atlantis001
I think that Kabbalah is just a new fashion trend for them. Its difficult to believe that thy are serious into it. A bad thing for the reputation of the kabbalah I think.

About how much "power" is in the kabbalah, well I agree with Mindship that power lies within the individual. But the kabbalah is a way a good start to get some clarification about some spiritual ideas when someone is sincerely looking for it.

I think yoga is very powerful, it does depend on the dedication of the person, but the exercise itself is important, same with any spiritual method.

svetlu
There is no force and no attainment in The Endless,
As there is no mind that can perceive Him,
For He has no place, no boundary, no name.
The Ari, The Tree of Life.

Watch this beautiful music video of the Tree of Life poem by the 16th century great Kabbalist Rav Isaac Luria (the Ari).

http://www.kab.tv/eng?item=1328

leonheartmm
kaballah is high headed, ethnocentric, self fulfilling egocentrism.

DigiMark007
Who bumped this tripe? I suspect I may need to do some laundry, but I can't seem to confirm it.

anaconda
depends on how tight you attached the red band

leonheartmm
kabalah has puny biceps but a great butt!

lil bitchiness
I agree it being a trend. Its stupid anyway. Madonna is the champion of stupid celebrities, raging from joining new religions, to adopting children - to be trendy!

Bicnarok

svetlu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most basic principle in Kabbalah concerns giving. In the whole of reality, there is only a single force, a force of giving. And we (humankind) have to reach this stage "to give" and to be as a Creator. And we will!!! smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I agree it being a trend. Its stupid anyway. Madonna is the champion of stupid celebrities, raging from joining new religions, to adopting children - to be trendy! Which is quite different from adopting and championing random countries and cultures.

We all have our things, don't we?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bardock42

We all have our things, don't we?

Not me...I follow my own trend.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Not me...I follow my own trend.

Dune, Batman, Warhammer.

Nope, never heard that one.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bardock42
Dune, Batman, Warhammer.

Nope, never heard that one.

Then you find me another Batmaniac, Dune loving, Dwarf pride, Halo player, horror gorehound, spaghetti western fan, kungfu movie geek out there and then we'll talk.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Then you find me another Batmaniac, Dune loving, Dwarf pride, Halo player, horror gorehound, spaghetti western fan, kungfu movie geek out there and then we'll talk.

Well everyone is in one way or another indvidualistic.

svetlu

I think it's good!
Kabbalah is a study how you and I sense the Creator(doesn't matter you are actor or poor person).
When the sun begins to shine and your skin heats up, you do not, in a cognitive way, KNOW that you are hot. You sense the sun's heat in a way that bypasses thought and reason. Kabbalists have learned to merge the disparate realms of thought and sense, and, in doing so, can achive new levels of perception. They have learned that thoughts create reality, not actions, and center their efforts on evoking the kind of thoughts that create a positive reality. cool

Boris
Kabalah is stupid as hell.

anaconda
not more than other religious ways

svetlu
Atlantis quote:
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/kabbalah-video-clips/physical-and-spiritual

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.