Sagat vs Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
The Muay Thai Emperor, Sagat has heard that his Japanese rival is somewhere in northern Japan and travels there, seeking his rematch.

Imagine his surprise that instead of finding Ryu, he instead finds the Hayabusa super ninja, Ryu at the Sacred Wilderness Training Grounds.

Hayabusa has heard of Sagat and decides to challenge him to a match of skill.

Now Ryu Hayabusa is no sluch, but how would he fare against a guy who is basically a giant and can hold his breath underwater for 20 minutes?

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS IS THE DOA VERISON OF RYU, NOT HIS NINJA GAIDEN COUNTERPART.

Superboy Prime
I think Ryu could last a while, but in the end I believe Sagat's raw strength/power will overwhelm Hayabusa...

However Ryu can be very tricky, and his teleportation will come in handy if he uses it to the best of his ability...

I really don't know...If Sagat manages to get Hayabusa with his super arts it's over, but then again Ryu can stay out of Sagat's range for a long time...

Hmm...Some Sagat feats would be nice.

beta ray bob
i think hayabusa would win, because of sheer speed

Darkstorm Zero
Sagat'srange isn't limited by his hands and feet...

However, Ryu's speed and teleport are both very hefty skills to have... Make no mistake, Sagats not slow, and he is strong as a dump truck...

Hmm... close call...

lightness
sagat would probably win eventually after being surprised at how much beating ryu can take.

beta ray bob
ryu's taken down stronger people than sagat (see DOA 4)

Remulous
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Make no mistake, Sagats not slow, Thank God that I am not the only person who realizes this. It is only a game mechanic. If he was fast or even had moderate speed in the game, he would be literally unbeatable.

beta ray bob
stength is no match for.... ninja...-ness

Remulous
Originally posted by beta ray bob
stength is no match for.... ninja...-ness ninja...-ness is no match for Muay Thai-ness.

Sado22
Sagat hears that Hayabusa's first name is Ryu and gets all excited. he starts rubbing his chest which freaks out Hayabusa. Sagat wins by DQ.

~The Invincible Sado-sama

TricksterPriest
laughing Nice.

Anyway, Ryu gets murdered. He's not beating the emperor of muay thai. cool

Superboy Prime
ROFL@Freaking Hayabusa

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing Nice.

Anyway, Ryu gets murdered. He's not beating the emperor of muay thai. cool

I wonder if we'll ever see the day when a capcom/snk creation does not utterly humiliate, slaughter, spit on another character not created by C & SNK.

Ryu actually has chances of beating Sagat, but so does Sagat.

I give it 6/10 in favor of Sagat, because you can only dodge/avoid for so long and eventually he's going to nail Hayabusa. Eventhough Hayabusa can definitely take a lot of punishment.

TricksterPriest
Cold day in hell, man. cold day in hell. laughing Though, admittedly, part of that is because CAP/SNK games are GOOD. Whereas DOA is crap. stick out tongue When Capcom and SNK stop making really great games, then you'll see them lose. Good luck waiting for that. laughing

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Cold day in hell, man. cold day in hell. laughing Though, admittedly, part of that is because CAP/SNK games are GOOD. Whereas DOA is crap. stick out tongue When Capcom and SNK stop making really great games, then you'll see them lose. Good luck waiting for that. laughing

Such a legit reason for C&SNK characters to beat DOA chars...you like them more while you detest DOA, so automatically SFers/KoFers win...and you dare call people fanboys?

And that my friends is what I call an opinion. Thank god we're all grown up and don't really care about what other people think, specially when it's biased crap like that.

PS - Capcom & SNK have had their share of crappy games to be honest.

Cloud_VII
Ryu's chi blasts can destroy aircrafts and disintigrate people as shown in DOA4. If Ryu was allowed to use his sword, this wouldn't even be a match.

Darkstorm Zero
Aww... Ryu doen't get his PIS filled sword... cry me a river of crocodile tears stick out tongue

Cloud_VII
I doubt Sagat will still be standing once Ryu nails him with his energy-based attack. That attack disintegrates people, literally.

Oh, and Hayabusa uses the Dragon Sword in DOA4 wink

StyleTime
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
I doubt Sagat will still be standing once Ryu nails him with his energy-based attack. That attack disintegrates people, literally.

Well, in Sagat's defense, that attack did disintegrate a normal guy. I'm not sure if it would actually do that to Sagat.

Superboy Prime
Agreed.

Cloud_VII
In H2H, I'd say they're about equally matched.

TricksterPriest
In what world? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cloud_VII
Uh, what?

Superboy Prime
I wouldn't say they are equally matched, but Ryu has what it takes to hang with Sagat for an unusual long time.

Post Searching
Interesting people used to think a fighting character with no reputable feats defeats a character with several, completely disregarding the "PIS-filled" sword.

-WF

No End N Site
Ryu Hayabusa has speed on his side. Sagat isn't slow by any means, though. Sagat has power and chi blasts on his end. I know Sagat is better than Ryu (SF) but for the sake of a VS thread, I would say this is a tie.

Sin_Volvagia
SPITE!

CosmicComet
Isn't DOA Ryu the same as NG Ryu?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.