ironman vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
Ironman in an adamatinum/vibranium version of his extremis armour equiped with weapons grade kryptonite/red solar radiation versions of his weapns systems vs superman no speed blitz no phasing no tvo or psychic powers no invisiblity no sun dipping

Symmetric Chaos
With those stips Supes is gonna get crushed IMO.

TricksterPriest
Under the op's rules, yeah, Supes is a dead man.

Soljer
Superman could still fly ahead of Iron Man, and melt his suit off with heat vision....

Though, I agree, with such stipulations, it is as if someone asked "What would I have to do to MAKE Iron Man beat Superman?"

DigiMark007
I love these threads. It's almost like the classic days of "Wolverine + Speed Force" to get him into threads with Skyfathers and such.

laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
Superman could still fly ahead of Iron Man, and melt his suit off with heat vision....

It would take some time thanks to the Vibranium/Adamantium suit.

Though, I agree, with such stipulations, it is as if someone asked "What would I have to do to MAKE Iron Man beat Superman?"

Yeah.

lando005
i had to give ironman some kind of chance to win this

Badabing
Originally posted by lando005
Ironman in an adamatinum/vibranium version of his extremis armour equiped with weapons grade kryptonite/red solar radiation versions of his weapns systems vs superman no speed blitz no phasing no tvo or psychic powers no invisiblity no sun dipping
Superman probably loses.

lando005
you guys make it sound like i'm hating, i'm just trying to be fair

Soleran

Do you want a cup cozy for your hateraide?

guy222

IM

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It would take some time thanks to the Vibranium/Adamantium suit.

No doubt. But thing is, even without speed BLITZING, Superman can use his speed, right? He can stay ahead of any of Iron Man's weapons which can, at maximum, travel the speed of light. He can then double back and get BEHIND Iron Man, and blast him with heat vision. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Soljer
Originally posted by Soleran
Do you want a cup cozy for your hateraide?

Take it easy. He's right - how WOULD you make this fight fair without doing...pretty much EXACTLY what he just did? erm.

Symmetric Chaos

Well in this fight not only would Superman start depowered but he would be losing his powers and slowly dying through the entire fight.

It does come off as a little spitey.

Soleran
Take it easy. He's right - how WOULD you make this fight fair without doing...pretty much EXACTLY what he just did? erm.

I am just joking around with him, with Supes HV I would think he doesn't even need to melt the armor off of IM, he would be cooking IM in the armor essentially.

H. S. 6
I smell desperation.

lando005
Take it easy. He's right - how WOULD you make this fight fair without doing...pretty much EXACTLY what he just did? erm. thanks for comieng to my defense i know he's just joking around

lando005
Well in this fight not only would Superman start depowered but he would be losing his powers and slowly dying through the entire fight.

It does come off as a little spitey. i didnt think so because now and days sups has shown a much higher resistance to both kryptonight and red solar radiation so i thought it would be ok to combine them

Juntai
Originally posted by Soleran
I am just joking around with him, with Supes HV I would think he doesn't even need to melt the armor off of IM, he would be cooking IM in the armor essentially. Yep.

DigiMark007

We know. It's just fun to see howmuch ahs to happen for Tony to be > Supes.

King_Mungi
What no one remembers the infamous Thing vs. Superman match with all the stipulations it had?

Newjak
IM wins under these conditions and by the way IM would absorb any HV used against him. He has absrobed blats from Silver Surfer and Thor.

lando005
everyone's saying that IM would win but sups is still leading in the polls

Symmetric Chaos

Because Superman wins even if he loses (plus I forgot to vote)

lando005
Because Superman wins even if he loses (plus I forgot to vote) oh yea i forgot about that logic... thanks

xmarksthespot

Though, I agree, with such stipulations, it is as if someone asked "What would I have to do to MAKE Iron Man beat Superman?" Originally posted by King_Mungi
What no one remembers the infamous Thing vs. Superman match with all the stipulations it had?
I think Ben is highly underrated here. I mean, in the Superman/FF crossover, Ben had a great showing against Cyborg Supes, who is at least at Superman-level, but just so i dont do a repeat thread of everyone saying Ben would be dead in seconds im adding special stipulations to give Ben more of a chance. First, Superman cannot use his eye beams, speed blitz, or Ice Breath/Super Breath. Second, Superman has one hand tied behind his back by an 1rst-grade-adamantium Coil. Third, Superman cannot give Ben a ring out, such as punching or throwing him too far away from the fight to continue, and there is no using the Sun either to throw/hit Ben into. Fourth, Superman gives Ben 2 free shots to start off the fight, and Ben can use whatever he wants for those fights, such as dropping large things on him, hitting him with objects, etc. And finally, Ben gets 3 hours of prep time help with Reed while Superman gets a half-hour of prep time help with Bruce.

So can Ben pull it off?

xmeat
what thou gets smite

lando005
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
yea this match is nowhere near that lop-sided

lando005
making a change to the rules sups can go invisible and can sun dip if he can get away from tony

Sirius77
Superman has punched through kryptonite
armor made with apocalypse tech. He has
also fought someone while getting shot with
red sun radiation for the duration of the fight.
Ruin tried to run, but supes caught him and
beat him down. The same would happen to
Tony. The only difference between Tony and
Ruin was that Ruin was using Phantom zone
Kryptonian tech, and Tony isn't.
Therefore, Tony is screwed if supes punches
a hole in his armor and blasts him with hv.
Superman ftw.

spidey-dude
wtf is ironman gonna do to supes ?

quanchi112
some of these are rigged.

its rigged so supes loses.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Sirius77
Superman ftw. Supes wins, but not by punching a hole in adamantium/vibranium armor. no expression

quanchi112
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Supes wins, but not by punching a hole in adamantium/vibranium armor. no expression supes shouldnt win with these odds stacked against him. he should have no chance. sorry but supes loses here.

Blair Wind
No doubt. But thing is, even without speed BLITZING, Superman can use his speed, right? He can stay ahead of any of Iron Man's weapons which can, at maximum, travel the speed of light. He can then double back and get BEHIND Iron Man, and blast him with heat vision. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

You saw the scan of human torch nova force hitting Ironman right? He just absorbs it.

Even though supes heat vision is probably > that I dunno by how much.

lando005
Superman ftw. soo you think sups can punch through an addy/vib armor

lando005
Originally posted by quanchi112
some of these are rigged.

its rigged so supes loses. i didnt rig this for sups to loose i rigged this so IM has some sort of chance of fighting him here plus i have since amended the rules a bit in sups's favor

Sirius77
soo you think sups can punch through an addy/vib armor

Yeah. Why not? He's punched through things that
are just as strong. Such as Apocalyptian tech and
shields.

lando005
shields. why not? because he cant damage adamantium save for a slight dent no way in hell is he gonna punch through an adamantium/vibranium armor

ragesRemorse

whats the point to this thread?

i mean really, you would make for a terrible writer. Your scenario is like asking can a puppy beat up a grizzly bear, oh by the way, the puppy has four broken legs. confused

You take away Supermans greatest abilities, and give iron man everything he needs to kill Superman. Are you asking us who would win or just teling us that Iron man rapes Superman?

Either way, i say superman ROCKS Iron Man. Iron Man has endured some inredible blows by incredible enemies, but he has never had the man of steel crash into him traveling at 1500 miles and hour.

ragesRemorse
why not? because he cant damage adamantium save for a slight dent no way in hell is he gonna punch through an adamantium/vibranium armor

Superman can move a planet

Yes he can punch through adamantium/vibranium armor roll eyes (sarcastic)

lando005
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Superman can move a planet

Yes he can punch through adamantium/vibranium armor roll eyes (sarcastic) current sups cant even move a moon without help he's not punching through addd/vib armor

ragesRemorse
current sups cant even move a moon without help he's not punching through addd/vib armor

no one specified which version now did they? It is superman, does it matter what version it is anyway. We already rely on the writers for the content we debate, do we have to rely on them for age, issue, and era of said hero we debate?

You obviously dont want to debate if superman could win, because you keep making him weaker and weaker taking everything away from him, are you sure we are talking about the superman version that can fly? laughing out loud

lando005
no one specified which version now did they? It is superman, does it matter what version it is anyway. We already rely on the writers for the content we debate, do we have to rely on them for age, issue, and era of said hero we debate?

You obviously dont want to debate if superman could win, because you keep making him weaker and weaker taking everything away from him, are you sure we are talking about the superman version that can fly? laughing out loud we use current versions of the characters unless specified that's just how things work around here and that's how we know what character we're dealing with here. dont go trying to make me out to be the bad guy just because this match isnt handed to sups on a silver platter

i dont want to debate a lop sided match that's why i set it up the way i did

ragesRemorse
we use current versions of the characters unless specified that's just how things work around here and that's how we know what character we're dealing with here. dont go trying to make me out to be the bad guy just because this match isnt handed to sups on a silver platter

i dont want to debate a lop sided match that's why i set it up the way i did

actaully things around here are rarely ever certain or agreed on. There is defintely not a consistant understanding of how things work. One must alwas rely on teh posters exact specifications of the hypothetical bout to be stated, because they will most likely need to be stated at one time or another. I think that is butt though, it limits the possibilities.

It's superman, so the fight is always lop sided smile

lando005
actaully things around here are rarely ever certain or agreed on. There is defintely not a consistant understanding of how things work. One must alwas rely on teh posters exact specifications of the hypothetical bout to be stated, because they will most likely need to be stated at one time or another. I think that is butt though, it limits the possibilities.

It's superman, so the fight is always lop sided smile thus why we all have an understanding about the characters when we put them in these matches. Not a single sole in this thread had a mis understanding about which superman we're using. The argument of "superman can punch through addy because he towed whole galaxies pre crisis" doesnt work because we all know that was basically a totally different character so we reference that character with the precrisis superman. when we make the matches just using the title superman we all know.... scratch that 99.9% of us know that we are referring to the current version and that go with any character

but since you need me to break it down for you this is the current superman not pre not 1million not kingdom come not first apperance just plain ol regular superman i hope that clears things up for you

SnazzySmurph
shields. no expression

vlaaad12345
current sups cant even move a moon without help he's not punching through addd/vib armor
What?post crisis supes can move a moon hes moved a planet and split a moon in half.

janus77
so basically superman can't break the armour?

hmm, couldn't he 'cook' Stark inside the armour by using his H-V to raise the temperature of the suit?

lando005
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
What?post crisis supes can move a moon hes moved a planet and split a moon in half. he needed help to move the moon his those other feats were all star superman

lando005
Originally posted by janus77
so basically superman can't break the armour?

hmm, couldn't he 'cook' Stark inside the armour by using his H-V to raise the temperature of the suit? that's an option but i think it would take a long time because of the alloy of the armor

Sirius77
he needed help to move the moon his those other feats were all star superman

No, recent superman pushed the moon under his
own power, and he has split a moon into casually.
Before his current state. Also, it has been stated
and seen on panel that supergirl has obliterated a
moon. It has also been stated that she could split
the Earth into. And superman is alot stronger than
her. So if he can do all of this to planetary bodies,
then what do you think that he'll do to Tony's armor?

lando005
No, recent superman pushed the moon under his
own power, and he has split a moon into casually.
Before his current state. Also, it has been stated
and seen on panel that supergirl has obliterated a
moon. It has also been stated that she could split
the Earth into. And superman is alot stronger than
her. So if he can do all of this to planetary bodies,
then what do you think that he'll do to Tony's armor? thor and hulk also have the sheer power to do those same things yet they can only dent adamantium so i'm gonna say not much at all

janus77
that's an option but i think it would take a long time because of the alloy of the armor
ok then, Superman grabs Ironman and begins rubbing at all surfaces, vigorously, whilst firing the h-v fullblast... thus accelerating the heating of the armour.

and making wonderwoman blush below big grin.

lando005
ok then, Superman grabs Ironman and begins rubbing at all surfaces, vigorously, whilst firing the h-v fullblast... thus accelerating the heating of the armour.

and making wonderwoman blush below big grin. how come nobody thought of the obvious? throwing tony in the nearest moving black hole

saurabh kanhere
Superman ftw.

ODG
Ironman in an adamatinum/vibranium version of his extremis armour equiped with weapons grade kryptonite/red solar radiation versions of his weapns systems vs superman no speed blitz no phasing no tvo or psychic powers no invisiblity no sun dipping This scenario is spite.

Star428
Might as well go ahead and take away all Superman's other powers to if you're so determined to make him lose.

DarkSaint85
ok then, Superman grabs Ironman and begins rubbing at all surfaces, vigorously

Originally posted by ODG
This scenario is spite.

thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
This scenario is spite.

Surtur

Quick question, why did you feel you needed to give Iron Man an adamantium suit with weapons grade kryptonite and red solar radiation weapons?

You also realize this says zero about Iron Man. If you gave ME a suit of armor with all those capabilities I could beat Superman as well. So what was the point?

HulkIsHulk
eek!

HulkIsHulk
shields.
Not they are not

HulkIsHulk
Superman wins everytime

Surtur
he needed help to move the moon his those other feats were all star superman

If you're talking about post crisis Superman then you are leaving details out. Yes, there was an instance where he needed help from two other people to move the moon. However, that was because the moon needed to be moved thousands of miles in the span of a few seconds, so yeah he needed help moving it that far in that short of time. If he had an infinite amount of time he could of moved it by himself.

We also have a feat where the moon was actually moving towards Earth and post crisis Supes and GL are taking turns stopping the moon so it goes no further. Superman gets the last and longest shift of holding back the moon on his own.

Also before anyone says anything, I am not thinking of Electric Superman. Yes, there is a different feat where ES uses his magnetism or whatever to move the moon or something, but that is not what I'm talking about.

Also like someone else said: post crisis Supes also was able to move the planet with help from Green Lantern.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.