What's needed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
I was just reading the ironman vs superman thread (the one where IM gets every gadget under the sun just so he Can beat Big Blue), and I thought this might make an interesting thread...

Pick two characters you normally wouldn't match. What's the minimum equipping / amping the Lesser Character would need in order to defeat the Greater Character?

For example (and it's just an example), since most feel Doomsday would crush the Hulk, what if the Hulk had superspeed? Would that do it? If not, what else?

Symmetric Chaos
Nice idea but wrong section.

TricksterPriest
The problem with putting almost anyone against DD is the nature of DD's abilities. No matter what you use, outside of an abstract, or something like the IG, etc, he's just going to evolve and eventually win. So even superspeed wouldn't help. And for the record, DD does have Superspeed. He's possibly faster than Supes, and he has clocked Flash once or twice.

But I like this thread concept. thumb up

I'll give it a whack. Let's try putting.....Ambush Bug against Darkseid. big grin Ok, first, protection from the source. Which means no OE. 2nd, give him DD's adaptive capability. 3rd, Mr. Immortal's immortality. 4th, something along the lines of Drax's silver bullet ability, but designed towards DS. 5th, Orion's role in the prophecy of him being the one to kill Darkseid.

Shit, "I" could kill Darkseid with all that. laughing Any body else wanna try?

guy222
Originally posted by Mindship
I was just reading the ironman vs superman thread (the one where IM gets every gadget under the sun just so he Can beat Big Blue), and I thought this might make an interesting thread...

Pick two characters you normally wouldn't match. What's the minimum equipping / amping the Lesser Character would need in order to defeat the Greater Character?

For example (and it's just an example), since most feel Doomsday would crush the Hulk, what if the Hulk had superspeed? Would that do it? If not, what else?

Doomsday vs Imperiex Prime......Sounds good Guy222 smile

Badabing
I'd really like to see what Bats could accomplish with a GL ring.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
I'd really like to see what Bats could accomplish with a GL ring.

Hal tired giving the ring to him once and asked him to confront his parents. Bats couldn't deal with it so he would be far less than most.

The strain of using it would be pretty intense as well.

If it had worked I assume it would look something like this:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/glv4-0000a.jpg

UniOmni
Bruce CHOSE to keep his demons.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni
Bruce CHOSE to keep his demons.

Seemed to me like he wasn't able to really overcome it. Either way he wasn't able to use the ring.

Badabing
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Hal tired giving the ring to him once and asked him to confront his parents. Bats couldn't deal with it so he would be far less than most.

The strain of using it would be pretty intense as well.

If it had worked I assume it would look something like this:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/glv4-0000a.jpg Is that a real issue?! I'll be looking for it this week! Happy Dance eek!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
Is that a real issue?! I'll be looking for it this week! Happy Dance eek!

Its a real issue but he doesn't actually become a GL sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.