Mandarin vs DR. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

Discuss??

guy222
Originally posted by endrict
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

Discuss??

Doom

Bouboumaster
Doom hands down.

DigiMark007
Why? Mandarin's a recurring Iron Man villian....surely he's at least near Doom in terms of power.

endrict

endrict
-He can out fight doom,
-He has a force field...
-Through repeated practice he has toughened all the striking surfaces of his body, especially his hands, which are covered with thick callus. Without artificial aids he can split wood, cinderblock, or even mild steel with a blow of his hand. When he surrounds himself with a thin but intense protective force field, he can even split Iron Man's magnetic-beam reinforced alloy armor with repeated blows.
{he may be able to crack dooms armor}.

guy222
bumprav

occultdestroyer
There's a reason why The Mandarin is Iron Man's archenemy.

Mandarin stomps, even if his sheer power is underrated.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
There's a reason why The Mandarin is Iron Man's archenemy.
Because he was created in an Iron Man book?

janus77
I thought it was because he isn't good enough to go up against the FF or Surfer or Galactus or anyone ... impressive? confused

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by janus77
I thought it was because he isn't good enough to go up against the FF or Surfer or Galactus or anyone ... impressive? confused That too.

But I guess when you're scared to death of Foom, you pretty much show you're too big of a coward to try your hand at the big dawgs.

janus77
Foom's got great flight speed, at least he had when Hulk flung him to the moon ... (does that count as an inverse bfr? the immobile, slower guy bfr-ing the faster flightier opponent?)

Mandarin's the one with the rings isn't he?
wonder if he could pawn them all for a GL ring ... then get beaten senseless by Doom Rex big grin

Mr. Slippyfist
Meh. He got his tail... a weakness in all tailed creatures.

Ya, he's got rings that he finally learned how to fully control... and then I don't know what happened after that, because he went back to being a pussy. Doom Rex would beat Mandarin with the IG, because Mandarin was a shoddy villain. big grin

janus77
nah, the IG doesn't go well with rings. no one person can wear that much jewellery.

though I'm wondering if Doom Rex would give Mandarin a prince albert with one of them rings...

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by janus77
nah, the IG doesn't go well with rings. no one person can wear that much jewellery.

though I'm wondering if Doom Rex would give Mandarin a prince albert with one of them rings...

Mr. T could eek!

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Because he was created in an Iron Man book?
What a retarded comment.
The pinnacle of utter gibberish.

occultdestroyer
Mandarin wins until proven otherwise.

I can't picture Tin Man beating someone with 10 uberpowerful rings

nimbus006
In a random encounter, I can see Mandarin holding his own, and taking a few victories from Doom.

Still, Doom should take the majority 6/10.

Mr. Slippyfist

I can't picture Tin Man beating someone with 10 uberpowerful rings Originally posted by occultdestroyer
What a retarded comment.
The pinnacle of utter gibberish.

DigiMark007

I can't picture Tin Man beating someone with 10 uberpowerful rings

Do you know much about Doom? You should check out his respect thread.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Do you know much about Doom? You should check out his respect thread.
Of course I know him.
He's so overrated, everyone in the comic world knows the jackass.

IMO he's not as good as people believe him to be.
Yeah, he's got tons of feats, yadda yadda.
But shit, I can't believe his outdated armor can resist the attacks of top tier superheroes.

I mean, Iron Man has upgraded his armor a dozen times or so.
Dr. Doom still has that rusty tin can and shit, and he outdoes his adversaries? Please.

I agree. Dr. Doom wins via PIS or/and CIS against Mandarin.

Utrigita
Outdated armor? Where do you get that from?

janus77
Of course I know him.

But shit, I can't believe his outdated armor can resist the attacks of top tier superheroes.

Dr. Doom still has that rusty tin can and shit, and he outdoes his adversaries? Please.

how else do we 'know' a character than by the general trend of their feats?

Doom's armour is pretty uber, it can integrate all sorts of tech (similar to Thanos upgrading himself constantly) and Doom's abilities and brains are the transcendent threat - not his armour.

occultdestroyer
And who said Mandarin was dumb?

Mandarin still wins.
Dr. Doom would win via PIS/CIS or very poor writing.

llagrok
Mandarin has 10 tricks from his rings, Doom has a couple of thousand from magic?

Of course I know him.

This is a contender for "most biased post of the year"

Galan007
Dr. Doom still has that rusty tin can and shit, and he outdoes his adversaries? Please. doom hasn't upgraded his armor over the years, you say?

when tony and doom first battled , they stalemated. so if doom's armor has stayed stagnant over the years, can you please explain to me how he and tony are still stalemating in the armor to armor department - despite the 'dozen or so' upgrades tony has undergone throughout the past 27 years?

just curious. smile

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
doom hasn't upgraded his armor over the years, you say?

when tony and doom first battled , they stalemated. so if doom's armor has stayed stagnant over the years, can you please explain to me how he and tony are still stalemating in the armor to armor department - despite the 'dozen or so' upgrades tony has given himself in the past 27 years?

just curious. smile PIS wink

Galan007
none

Starscream M
none confused

Bouboumaster
Mandarin.... IS DOOMED!

DigiMark007
I like the token irrational attack on Doom, though. You don't see it often...usually it's other characters. And otherwise, most of us would be saying something like 7-8/10 for Doom, so it adds some flavor.

wink

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Starscream M
PIS wink thumb up

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I like the token irrational attack on Doom, though. You don't see it often...usually it's other characters. And otherwise, most of us would be saying something like 7-8/10 for Doom, so it adds some flavor.

wink
Because most of you are Doom/Marvel fanboys
wink

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by llagrok
Mandarin has 10 tricks from his rings, Doom has a couple of thousand from magic?

This is a contender for "most biased post of the year"
It's the other way around actually.

You guys are over-underestamating The Mandarin to the point of retardation.

Bouboumaster
It's the other way around actually.

You guys are over-underestamating The Mandarin to the point of retardation.

OR

you are under-estimating Doctor Doom to the point of retardation.

occultdestroyer
Squirrel Girl omfgwtfpwnd Dr Doom.

I see no reason why The Mandarin would lose.
Behind the tin can armor of Doom, is just a mortal man.

Bouboumaster
Squirrel Girl omfgwtfpwnd Dr Doom.

I see no reason why The Mandarin would lose.
Behind the tin can armor of Doom, is just a mortal man.

And whitout the ring, Mandarin is just a sucker who would loose hardly to Iron Man.
And Squirrel Girl layeth the Smack Down on Thanos too, and Thanos would kick the collective ass of FF4, Doom, Iron Man and Mandarin, and to a lot of their friends/ennemies too.

Squirrel girl is a joke.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
And whitout the ring, Mandarin is just a sucker who would loose hardly to Iron Man.
And Squirrel Girl layeth the Smack Down on Thanos too, and Thanos would kick the collective ass of FF4, Doom, Iron Man and Mandarin, and to a lot of their friends/ennemies too.

Squirrel girl is a joke.
You calling Squirrel Girl a joke?
She's probably the strongest comic book heroine evar!11

redhotrash
Doom's armor hasnt changed in APPEARANCE in a long time because thats just his style. He is meant to looke medievil. And to say hes a chump if you take away his armor is pretty stupid. He'd be still be a top notch magician and a more than capable hand to hand fighter (he killed a lion while naked once). Mandarin's rings offer him a lot of variety in theory, but in practice it never works out for him. It would be unfair to point out that Doom has come close to world domination pretty much every other month while Mandarin struggled against Force Works. That said, Doom has a lot more durability and is honestly a hell of a lot smarter. Mandarin is no dummy, but he FOUND his energy ring's stones and just harnassed their power while Doom has mastered his tech and magical abilities on his own.

Indestructible
Mandarian

guy222
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4044/fantasticfourv20042122.th.jpg

FTW

Galan007
A PIS/CIS free Mandarin certainly has the tools to beat Doom every single time.

Blair Wind

Somehow I doubt that.

Mandarin is good. In fact, I think he is severely underused, underestimated, and limited by writers into not using his full potential.

But the 10 rings vs Dr. Doom (complete with armor and magic) is not enough to beat him every single time. Doom is simply too smart and too versatile and in all honesty some of the rings are simply too one dimensional (ice and flame for example. It is like assuming that the Blizzard and Pyro would be a threat.) Used in conjunction, his powers are extremely formidable, especially the higher end ones (his matter re-arrangers, using his white-light one for different purposes, the Disintegration Beam, ect ect). For this reason I give him 4 wins out of ten fights.

And I give it to Doom 6/10 times because of the versatility of his magic, and the strength of his armor's defenses/offensives.

Lord Feron
Doom ftw 8/10

D_Dude1210
Mandarin is like Skeletor in a He-man cartoon.

occultdestroyer
Mandarin 5-6/10

Digi

Does he though? Iron Man-lvl tech + at least high meta lvl magic = something that I would think could outstrip Mandarin in nearly every department. I know more about Doom than Mandarin, so I'll concede some ignorance on the subject, but I'm surprised to hear this opinion.

Mindset
Galan is jealous of Doom

godking
Doom easily he had beaten better guys then the Mandarin . Talk to me again when the Mandarin becomes more then an iron man villain and becomes someone that even Thanos respects.

Digi
Originally posted by godking
Doom easily he had beaten better guys then the Mandarin . Talk to me again when the Mandarin becomes more then an iron man villain and becomes someone that even Thanos respects.

That's with prep though. Thanos would eat Doom for breakfast in a "Ready? GO!" scenario. In such a fight, this is a good matchup, though I tend to agree with you on Doom.

SupremeMan
The Mandarin is incredibly tough but even he isn't the walking plot device that Doom is. Doom is a master of science and tech to rival Reed Richards and a master of sorcery too. He's also been shown to be a badass physically without his armor. Mandarin is a superhuman martial artist, plus the rings and his tech but he's not quite on Doom's level. He'd need the deck stacked to win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.