great evil beast vs marvel/dc brothers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

swerve1988
who wins??

Galan007
Is this, Pre-retcon, or Post-retcon Brothers?

swerve1988
pre-retcon

Galan007
Brothers ftw.

swerve1988
Originally posted by Galan007
Brothers ftw.

i think its close...i'm leaning with the GEB

Galan007
GEB = The power of one God.

The Brothers = The Supreme Beings in Both Marvel and DC.

Endless Mike
Yes, Brothers win

Symmetric Chaos
The Brothers in a horrific (but funny) curbstomp.

jasofisc
how did they get retcon

swerve1988
GEB = The power of one God.

The Brothers = The Supreme Beings in Both Marvel and DC.

true...but the spectre got owned after he struggled with the GEB's thumb(half of it i might add) after his little boost.

Galan007
Originally posted by swerve1988
true...but the spectre got owned after he struggled with the GEB's thumb(half of it i might add) after his little boost. Spectre and LT were so minuscule in comparison to the Brothers, that they weren't even noticed, and weren't even worth fighting.

Again....

GEB = The Power of one Supreme Being.

The Brothers = Two Supreme Beings.

swerve1988
Spectre and LT were so minuscule in comparison to the Brothers, that they weren't even noticed, and weren't even worth fighting.

Again....

I UNDERSTAND THIS....THANK YOU... but you make it seem as if the GEB would completly get wiped out in without a minimal struggle sad

Galan007
you make it seem as if the GEB would completly get wiped out in without a minimal struggle sad But............. it would.

swerve1988
But............. it would.

ARE YOU SURE????? no real effort??? confused

I kno the GEB will catch the most painful jumping in the history of....well....history...but still ..... the BEAST!!!! at least a 10 sec fight sad

Galan007
ARE YOU SURE????? no real effort??? confused

I kno the GEB will catch the most painful jumping in the history of....well....history...but still ..... the BEAST!!!! at least a 10 sec fight sad GEB might last 10 seconds.

That's if The Brothers wanted to finish it off slowly. evil face

Remember, this is 2 Gods v.s. 1 God.

SupaEZE
GEB thats it

swerve1988
Originally posted by SupaEZE
GEB thats it

DAMN RIGHT fellow sensable person.... smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SupaEZE
GEB thats it

no expression

Not a chance.

Galan007
DAMN RIGHT fellow sensable person.... smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance But you JUST said this:Originally posted by swerve1988
I kno the GEB will catch the most painful jumping in the history of....well....history...but still confused

swerve1988
But you JUST said this: confused

i'm just stating its not a TOTALLY one sided argument...

Thanos_THOTU
The Great Darkness as it were refered to when it existed in the 80's where in Vertigo, thuss 50% of Yahweh is now.
It's the paradox, if God truley was omnipotent and truley good, why did he create the devil, Satan, why did he create evil?

So God in Vertigo is now both good and evil, two sides merged.
But Yahweh is not supreme as he stated in Lucifer #70, after he merged with the Great Darkness that is.
But Presence is, and the Brothers where to represent all that is in both universes, the supreme beings, the once which's manifastation was everything.
As they said all individual's were unique, that atom will always be that atom, nothing else will ever "be" that atom.
But there were two beings who were exactly the same.
The Brothers, they were the same, they couldent exist with their lack of uniqueness. - It's a paradox, therefore their fight, two omnipotents, it couldent exist in the asme verse, they ended up splitting it.
So they both could stay unique.

Galan007
i'm just stating its not a TOTALLY one sided argument... Yes it is.

swerve1988
geb LOSES.... we agree on this....but the brothers leave with a couple scratches and bruises

Thanos_THOTU

I will have to dissagree, the Brothers where to represent the companies, in other words the entire staff.

The Great Darkness was in Vertigo, and the evil side of Yahweh.
Yahweh, even after merged with the beast admitted in Lucifer #70 that there were forces above him.

However the Brothers were supreme, thuss no forces were beyond them.

Besides the Great Darkness is only 50% of Yahweh.

Symmetric Chaos
geb LOSES.... we agree on this....but the brothers leave with a couple scratches and bruises

Well the DC Brother would probably include the GEB within it so no the odd of it hurting either one are . . .

*calculates*

. . . zero

Thanos_THOTU
Lets take the Blue Brother as an example, if he is truley omnipotent.
He should be able to win the fight any way he wants.
After all if he cannot defeat a being without struggle he's not capable of doing "everything" therefore are not truley omnipotent.

So the battle should go something like this.

One Brother blinks, before even the Great Darkness realises where he is and why, and the Great Darkness is no more.

swerve1988
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
I will have to dissagree, the Brothers where to represent the companies, in other words the entire staff.

The Great Darkness was in Vertigo, and the evil side of Yahweh.
Yahweh, even after merged with the beast admitted in Lucifer #70 that there were forces above him.

However the Brothers were supreme, thuss no forces were beyond them.

Besides the Great Darkness is only 50% of Yahweh.

the darkness was in the universe before yahweh and i just relized that yes the bros. symbolized the 2 companies which means that if the 2 gods were in fact fighting, the LT and spectre should not even have thought about going against their masters let alone trying to stop them or fight them...brothers leave with bruises.

and the GEB isn't 50 of yahweh cuz there would be an evil version of spectre to fight before he could even touch the beast...the two bros each had two "lackeys" the GEB would have one too if he were half...

Thanos_THOTU
the darkness was in the universe before yahweh and i just relized that yes the bros. symbolized the 2 companies which means that if the 2 gods were in fact fighting, the LT and spectre should not even have thought about going against their masters let alone trying to stop them or fight them...brothers leave with bruises.

and the GEB isn't 50 of yahweh cuz there would be an evil version of spectre to fight before he could even touch the beast...the two bros each had two "lackeys" the GEB would have one too if he were half...
No, the Great Darkness was writen in the Vertigo universe, and he later merged with Yahweh.
Would you say that:
God (Pure light) + Great Darkness was equal or stronger than Yahweh?

God + Great Darkness = Yahweh
or
God + Great Darkness > Yahweh

50% Great Darkness + 50% Good God = 100% Todays Yahweh

Blue Bro (DC-staff) > Yahweh (admitted that writers where above him) = Good God + Great Darkness.

I would like to see a PR Beyonder vs GEB.
Or PR Beyonder + PR MM vs GEB-thread.

Juntai
But most of what you're saying is complte speculation Thanos.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Juntai
But most of what you're saying is complte speculation Thanos.
The 50% thing, yes.
But I wouldent say that it equals the most.

swerve1988
I would like to see a PR Beyonder vs GEB.
Or PR Beyonder + PR MM vs GEB-thread.

lightbulb

Thanos_THOTU
lightbulb
The debate would be great ... More of an experiment really, to see who joins which side, and how eager he/she is to defend it.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by jasofisc
how did they get retcon

AFAIK never. The Brothers were ever rectonned, though it may be that I missed some DC&Marvel "official" statement wink or press conference big grin. But Marvel vs DC isn't considered official, maybe that's what the people mean by recton?

Galan007
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
AFAIK never. The Brothers were ever rectonned, though it may be that I missed some DC&Marvel "official" statement wink or press conference big grin. But Marvel vs DC isn't considered official, maybe that's what the people mean by recton? It was more of an unofficial retcon IMO.

In Marvel v.s. DC, LT and Spectre were nothing to The Brothers. And the Brothers were everything in Marvel and DC.

A few months later, Marvel releases a comic depicting a pannel which makes us believe that LT was responsible for the whole thing, and then they further go on to release information saying that the Brothers were no more then Megaverses.

Batman-Prime
It was more of an unofficial retcon IMO.

In Marvel v.s. DC, LT and Spectre were nothing to The Brothers. And the Brothers were everything in Marvel and DC.

A few months later, Marvel releases a comic depicting a pannel which makes us believe that LT was responsible for the whole thing, and then they further go on to release information saying that the Brothers were no more then Megaverses.

I read this one, hmm, it's obvious that Marvel tried to recton the Brothers...
But it's a shame they tried it with such an arrogant approach.
LT doing the work and needing others only to consult the matter.... Saying that DC is only an Megaverse, and the one Marvel line too but that the rest of Marvel is an Omniverse and DCs Megaverse just one part of it What the f**k?.
I guess they lost all common sense in this comic wink.

So truth be told, the Brothers were never rectonned as such a thing can happen only in an Crossover or if both Companies agree smile.

Thanos_THOTU
One question is, did the Brothers become stronger when they merged?

Galan007
One question is, did the Brothers become stronger when they merged? Who knows? srug

We only see them actually merged together for one panel.

swerve1988
Who knows? srug

We only see them actually merged together for one panel.

and it was not by choice

Batman-Prime
and it was not by choice

And it was not for long wink.

Batman-Prime
One question is, did the Brothers become stronger when they merged?

Actually I think that they indeed became stronger. I mean, look at beings like Dr. StrangeFate or DarkClaw, they seem to have the abilities of both Heroes they were made from.

swerve1988
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
And it was not for long wink.

just pointing out that the brothers were getting "forced against their will"(a definition for "raped"wink

the GEB "MADE" the the pressence merge with it

Utrigita
just a note too batman-prime the brothers was maked into guardian off two megaverses, by LT. And agree the retcon was rather ridiculous.

Galan007
just pointing out that the brothers were getting "forced against their will"(a definition for "raped"wink

the GEB "MADE" the the pressence merge with it The Brothers never resisted being merged together.

All that was said about that whole incident was The Brothers weren't happy about it.

They were hardly "raped" my friend.

swerve1988
The Brothers never resisted being merged together.

All that was said about that whole incident was The Brothers weren't happy about it.

They were hardly "raped" my friend.

you can't deny that the situation was a little "rapish"

Galan007
you can't deny that the situation was a little "rapish" If "rapish" = Stupid, then yes it was a "rapish" situation stick out tongue

Utrigita
reading the post over and over again the little comment "last ditch effort" just keep coming up, and if they could force the brothers to anything then why was the hanging at there swords without power to do anything messed

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Utrigita
reading the post over and over again the little comment "last ditch effort" just keep coming up, and if they could force the brothers to anything then why was the hanging at there swords without power to do anything messed

I GUESS they needed all their power to merge the Brothers temporary, after this they were maybe to "exhausted" or "drained" while the Brothers still had their "infinite" amount of energy.

BTW I liked the concept of the Brothers and I find the Marvel recton-try rather sad, even if it failed. Two companies seeing each other not as rivals but as brothers in the end was a nice way showing the respect each company shares for the other....

Utrigita
Find it sad too, two great characters sad

Now "exhausted" or "drained" we are talking about a guardian of a multiverse (possible more don't know about spectre) I found it very hard to believe that they actually forced the brothers into anything, so strong as LT and Spectre is, I must admit that I find it rather humorous to think of spectre and LT getting exhausted no offense, just finds it funny.

swerve1988
If "rapish" = Stupid, then yes it was a "rapish" situation stick out tongue

yea it was dumb because the LT and Spectre were hanging for dear life(just like the Spectre did when fighting the GEB's top half of his thumb) a couple panels before

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.