IronMan Vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
who would win?

Metalmanx
No offense, but...

BEEEEEEEN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE.

Iron Man would win using all of his abilities.

In a slugfest, Colossus decimates him.

But yea, Iron Man wins.

Zahit
Tony has this fight in the bag along with Kitty and 2 dry martinis.

guy222
piotr

juggerman
When this thread was made: Stark easily

Now: Colossus

JakeTheBank
Iron Man would definitely beat standard Colossus.

mastagambit
Originally posted by juggerman

StiltmanFTW

How? Tony has flight and sonics...

juggerman
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
How? Tony has flight and sonics...

And that means what to the Unstoppable Colossonaut?

StiltmanFTW
And that means what to the Unstoppable Colossonaut?

http://uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/juggernaut13.jpg

Not so long ago Bleeding Edge Stark was hurting Cain pretty bad with his own sonics... Cain was not fully powered, though.

How is Piotr going to reach him when he's airborne?

juggerman
http://uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/juggernaut13.jpg

Not so long ago Bleeding Edge Stark was hurting Cain pretty bad with his own sonics... Cain was not fully powered, though.

How is Piotr going to reach him when he's airborne?

Thunderclap knocks Stark out of the air and then he closes the distance and seals the deal.

Pitor is also a much better fighter than Cain so it would be very hard if not impossible for him to get that helmet off. Plus if he goes demon i doubt Ironman could do anything to him at all

StiltmanFTW
Thunderclap knocks Stark out of the air and then he closes the distance and seals the deal.

Stop doing drugs, dude.

Pitor is also a much better fighter than Cain si it would be very hard if not impossible to get that helmet off. Plus if he goes demon i doubt Ironman could do anything to him at all

confused

You must have missed his fight with Thing... in which Ben annihilated the helmet with one good hit.

Demon C needs more showings. Is his fight with Magik out yet?

juggerman
Stop doing drugs, dude.

You saying it can't happen? And don't forget Colossus can run at speeds around 300mph.

If Stark tries to play it safe and shoot from a distance I'm sure Colossus would dodge easily. The only real chance Ironman has is up close which puts him in range of the round of applause

The fight on the moon? I'll have to look again but i don't recall his helmet being removed. And he can reform it at will right?

Agreed but in that form he smashed Rulk like he was swatting a fly. Tony would not overcome that easily if at all

EDIT: Dunno about the Magik fight

StiltmanFTW
You saying it can't happen? And don't forget Colossus can run at speeds around 300mph.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

1) Colossus has never used a thunderclap.
2) Stark is a high class 100 with extraordinary reflexes and forcefields.
3) Good for Piotr, Stark can fly at much, much faster speeds. He has also superhuman agility and his previous armor had artifical spider-sense...

If Stark tries to play it safe and shoot from a distance I'm sure Colossus would dodge easily. The only real chance Ironman has is up close which puts him in range of the round of applause

I have yet to see Colossusnaut dodging ANYTHING, and I really don't see him avoiding sonics...

The fight on the moon? I'll have to look again but i don't recall his helmet being removed. And he can reform it at will right?

Yes. AvX versus. It dissipated after Grimm's uppercut.

Depends on the writer, some said it grows back automatically, given time.

Agreed but in that form he smashed Rulk like he was swatting a fly. Tony would not overcome that easily if at all

EDIT: Dunno about the Magik fight

Tony abused Rulk pretty bad, too. Demon C is certainly more powerful than Stark though (or at least seems so), but he still can't fly and has no ranged options.

juggerman
Just looked at the fight and Thing punched it several times with no effect at all for a while. Probably had a lot to do with the angle of the hit or PIS as to why he popped it later.

Stark wouldn't be able to angle a shot too well from far away on a moving target like that if that was indeed the case. He would probably need to get close and that would be very bad for him

JakeTheBank
Stark's targeting systems are very good.

It's highly unlikely Colossus could evade ranged spam from Iron Man.

juggerman
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

1) Colossus has never used a thunderclap.
2) Stark is a high class 100 with extraordinary reflexes and forcefields.
3) Good for Piotr, Stark can fly at much, much faster speeds. He has also superhuman agility and his previous armor had artifical spider-sense...

He used the Thunderclap against Spiderman

If Ironman was shooting him from a distance i doubt he would just stand there. And his helmet would have to be removed 1st for the sonics to work

Yeah i looked back and reposted

Thunderclap wink

Blair Wind
Thunderclap wink

Jupiter enhanced Iron-Magneto wink

StiltmanFTW
He used the Thunderclap against Spiderman

Completely forgot about that one, my bad. Okay, so it worked on a low meta... but there's no reason it should work on a class 100 character that has powerful forcefields at his disposal.

If Ironman was shooting him from a distance i doubt he would just stand there. And his helmet would have to be removed 1st for the sonics to work

Would it? It's TP proof, not sonics proof. Marko's skullcap didn't have to be removed in order for it to work. It's made out of the same metal, if I'm not mistaken.

SamZED
Thing's punches didnt even tickle Colossusnaut though...

pym-ftw
Does Colossus have an inner ear for sonics to effect

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Thing's punches didnt even tickle Colossusnaut though...

Not the point, juggerman here argued that it'd be damn hard or even impossible to remove his helmet and by referencing the Thing fight I proved him wrong.

Tony wouldn't even have to go h2h to do that.

DarkSaint85
Does Tony have prep?

8swords
Originally posted by Blair Wind

exactly

8swords

Stark wouldn't be able to angle a shot too well from far away on a moving target like that if that was indeed the case. He would probably need to get close and that would be very bad for him

how would you know? stark is smart enough to know how to angle a shot to remove the damn helmet

juggernaut74

Actually it was 600 MPH iirc.

Colossus was doing rather well against War Machine under his own power recently and he's really close to Iron Man.

DarkSaint85
Nah. He's the inferior specimen to Antonio Stark.

juggerman
Completely forgot about that one, my bad. Okay, so it worked on a low meta... but there's no reason it should work on a class 100 character that has powerful forcefields at his disposal.

He was also going easy on Spiderman.

Well it seemed like Nimrod needed to remove Juggs helmet to do that. He didn't even attempt it while the helmet was on.

DarkSaint85
But if its sonic proof....Juggy can't hear....

juggerman
Not the point, juggerman here argued that it'd be damn hard or even impossible to remove his helmet and by referencing the Thing fight I proved him wrong.

Not really. So Tony is flying above Colossus and then angles his blasts to come from an upward angle like Thing's uppercut? All while Pitor is probaby not just standing still waiting to be hit? Unlikely at best

He would need to get close tho..

juggerman
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Damn that's a good point....

juggerman
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Actually it was 600 MPH iirc.

Thank you. 600 is even better

smokin'

StiltmanFTW

Still nothing compared to IM's speed.

smokin'

Please. Extremis was better than that WM suit... and it's been upgraded to Bleeding Edge armor.

pym-ftw
Ironman is currently maxing out at mach6 in orbit right, or was it mach8

Either way he is vastly faster than the Russian

juggerman

This isn't a race. i'm talking about your theory of Stark hanging back out of rance and spamming blasts at Colossus. If he's running at even half his top speed i seriously doubt Tony would be able to angle a shot that would remove his helmet. A shot from above that would have to somehow u-turn and hit the helmet in such a way to replicate a very powerful uppercut.

Still don't see how Tony is pulling off this magical helmet removing shot from far away in the air at an upward angle while Colossonaut is running around like a madman. Please help me out here

juggerman
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Ironman is currently maxing out at mach6 in orbit right, or was it mach8

Either way he is vastly faster than the Russian

Not a race

StiltmanFTW
This isn't a race. i'm talking about your theory of Stark hanging back out of rance and spamming blasts at Colossus. If he's running at even half his top speed i seriously doubt Tony would be able to angle a shot that would remove his helmet. A shot from above that would have to somehow u-turn and hit the helmet in such a way to replicate a very powerful uppercut.

Still don't see how Tony is pulling off this magical helmet removing shot from far away in the air at an upward angle while Colossonaut is running around like a madman. Please help me out here

Stark can fire repulsor blasts, pulse bolts and uni-beam at the same time.

Sounds like that'd likely end with Colossus falling down and losing his helmet in the process laughing out loud

1. http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/juggsground1.jpg
2. http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/juggsground2.jpg

juggerman
Stark can fire repulsor blasts, pulse bolts and uni-beam at the same time.

Sounds like that'd likely end with Colossus falling down and losing his helmet in the process laughing out loud

1. http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/juggsground1.jpg
2. http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/juggsground2.jpg

No fair! mad

8swords

smokin'

uhhh,, is it really 600 mph?, i thought it was 300. 300/600 mph isnt his flat speed, meaning he needs to accelerate to that speed in a matter of minutes

and he only RAN 300/600 MPH, he didnt fly, so what would that do to IM flying?

juggerman
Originally posted by 8swords
uhhh,, is it really 600 mph?, i thought it was 300. 300/600 mph isnt his flat speed, meaning he needs to accelerate to that speed in a matter of minutes

and he only RAN 300/600 MPH, he didnt fly, so what would that do to IM flying?

I thught it was 300 too but someone came in and "corrected" me. And i highly doubt it would take him minutes but i agree he wouldn't start off at full speed. My argument is that Tony cannot do much to Colossus from far away and would need to come closer to remove the helmet for his sonics to work.

But if he does come closer Colossonaut can thunderclap like he did to Spidey creating an opening to take Ironman out.

If Stark just keeps his distance and never closes the distance it'll be an endless stalemate

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Removing the helmet from far away is not an issue. Neither is the thunderclap, it wouldn't do shit to Tony.

In fact, pulse bolts grow more powerful further they travel.

Blair Wind
How this thread has developed:

He wins because of thunderclap wink

"Oh noes, but he has juggernaughts powers now!"

Tony has sonics...

"But he'd have to take off his helmet for that to work. For reasons."

Damn that's a good point....

"But it's not over!"

My argument is that Tony cannot do much to Colossus from far away and would need to come closer to remove the helmet for his sonics to work. But if he does come closer Colossonaut can thunderclap like he did to Spidey creating an opening to take Ironman out.

Didn't we just establish the helmet won't help against sonics? Or magnetism for that matter.

Oh, and:

In fact, pulse bolts grow more powerful further they travel.

This is not a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are the products of this thread and are not used fictitiously (mostly). Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is entirely on purpose.

abhilegend
Tony wins.

juggerman
Didn't we just establish the helmet won't help against sonics? Or magnetism for that matter.

No we didn't. Juggernaut's helmet was removed before the sonics were used. Maybe it insulated him in some way. Or maybe since he's a mystically powered being with mystical armor and mystical enchantments (which allow him to summon and remove his armor/helmet with a thought) then maybe, just maybe the helmet has mystical properties?

Maybe

pym-ftw
^seems legit

Ly foolish to base your argument on a "maybe"

juggerman
eek!

Newjak
First of all Nimrod used a special frequency designed to attack the nervous system. Which with some of Cain's appearances shouldn't have worked.

Secondly even if if it did. Cain was up moments later so it's not a win because it didn't stop for long.

juggerman
eek! eek!

Galan007
I would just like to point out that mystical enchantments don't meant shit to Tony, these days:
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13348624_t1.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13348627_t2.jpg

Stark-tech trumps all.

carver9
Tony is one of my fave characters and he is highly underrated on the forum BUT, he isn't winning this fight.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by carver9
Tony is one of my fave characters and he is highly underrated on the forum BUT, he isn't winning this fight.

Automatically ensuring that those on Tony's side are right laughing out loud

juggerman

Dammit Carver!

carver9

Lol...whatever.

juggerman
Originally posted by Newjak
First of all Nimrod used a special frequency designed to attack the nervous system. Which with some of Cain's appearances shouldn't have worked.

Secondly even if if it did. Cain was up moments later so it's not a win because it didn't stop for long.

So what you're saying is that Tony Stark would not have these sonics that Nimrod had? The ones that he used to subdue The Juggernaut? And even if he did it would really be a case of unusable PIS?

Interesting...

Newjak
Originally posted by Galan007
I would just like to point out that mystical enchantments don't meant shit to Tony, these days:
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13348624_t1.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13348627_t2.jpg

Stark-tech trumps all. You mean the attack that basically did nothing but piss him of stick out tongueOriginally posted by Blair Wind
Automatically ensuring that those on Tony's side are right laughing out loud Dang it

So what you're saying is that Tony Stark would not have these sonics that Nimrod had? The ones that he used to subdue The Juggernaut? And even if he did it would really be a case of unusable PIS?

Interesting... Depends on you how choose to look at it.

Cain has moved without a nervous system before. The more he is drawing on the power of Cyttorak the less human he is imo.

Also he was back up in moments so even if IM had them Cain would be back up and ready to fight in no time.

I would say Tony would run out of power before he managed to do any damage to well a written Juggernaut.

Galan007
You mean the attack that basically did nothing but piss him of stick out tongue Tony's attack did more than just piss off GG-- it actually hurt him pretty significantly. Here are the following few pages:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13349578_t3.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13349581_t4.jpg

Stark-tech>>>ALL. big grin

JakeTheBank
Say what you will about Fraction, but the guy writes a superb Iron Man.

Galan007
Most definitely.

Newjak
Tony's attack did more than just piss off GG-- it actually hurt him pretty significantly. Here are the following few pages:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13349578_t3.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13349581_t4.jpg

Stark-tech>>>ALL. big grin And the Gargoyle was fine after that even regrew his head. stick out tongue

Plus it wasn't like the worthy were completely immune to harm.

And afterwards IM had to run away because he failed to beat the GG

Galan007
I'm not saying Tony beat, or permanently injured, GG-- just saying that Stark-tech was sufficient to bypass GG's mystical enchantments, and cause him a good deal of harm.

Huge feat for Stark.

juggerman
GG's enchantments=/=Juggernaut's enchantments

Newjak
I'm not saying Tony beat, or permanently injured, GG-- just saying that Stark-tech was sufficient to bypass GG's mystical enchantments, and cause him a good deal of harm.

Huge feat for Stark. I guess that means Hawkeye's arrows are just as good as Stark tech since he injured Nul stick out tongue

It was a good feat for Tony though.

Galan007
GG's enchantments=/=Juggernaut's enchantments Matter of opinion.

I, for one, haven't been overly impressed with Colossus outside of that crabbed-out form he pulled out of his ass. Colossus=/=Cain.

juggerman
Matter of opinion.

Are you saying that GG's and Jugger's enchantments are the same?

Cain hasn't always been uber impressive either. He can work Hulk and Thor but got tooled by the X-Men. Often.

Saying Colossus=/=Cain is like saying Superman=/=Zod. Main difference is level of power and fighting style. They still have the same powers and weaknesses. Colossus was just granted more power like Superman had more power

Galan007
Are you saying that GG's and Jugger's enchantments are the same?

Saying Colossus=/=Cain is like saying Superman=/=Zod. Main difference is level of power and fighting style. They still have the same powers and weaknesses. Colossus was just granted more power like Superman had more power No. However, both powersets are magical/mystical in nature-- and Juggy's powerset does vary in accordance with his mindset. Always has. Like I mentioned, Colossus has yet to strike me as the invulnerable powerhouse Cain was. Again, my opinion.

Actually, it's like comparing Superman to a random/no-name/n00b Kryptonian from the 'New Krypton' arc. They both have the same powerset in theory, but Superman will always be superior thanks to his years of experience with his powers. Cain would be akin to Superman, Colossus would be akin to a n00b Kryptonian.

juggerman
No. However, both powersets are magical/mystical in nature-- and Juggy's powerset does vary in accordance with his mindset. Always has. Like I mentioned, Colossus has yet to strike me as the invulnerable powerhouse Cain was. Again, my opinion.

Actually, it's like comparing Superman to a random/no-name/n00b Kryptonian from the 'New Krypton' arc. They both have the same powerset in theory, but Superman will always be superior thanks to his years of experience with his powers. Cain would be akin to Superman, Colossus would be akin to a n00b Kryptonian.

Ok some random Kryptonian. But Colossus seems to be able to access more power than Cain. And given Cyttorak's statement it seems like Colossus was granted a larger amount of power

Newjak
No. However, both powersets are magical/mystical in nature-- and Juggy's powerset does vary in accordance with his mindset. Always has. Like I mentioned, Colossus has yet to strike me as the invulnerable powerhouse Cain was. Again, my opinion.

Actually, it's like comparing Superman to a random/no-name/n00b Kryptonian from the 'New Krypton' arc. They both have the same powerset in theory, but Superman will always be superior thanks to his years of experience with his powers. Cain would be akin to Superman, Colossus would be akin to a n00b Kryptonian. This I perfectly agree with.

Galan007
Ok some random Kryptonian. But Colossus seems to be able to access more power than Cain. And given Cyttorak's statement it seems like Colossus was granted a larger amount of power Possibly. I'm just saying that as of now, Colossus hasn't been very impressive at all.

psycho gundam
Possibly. I'm just saying that as of now, Colossus hasn't been very impressive at all. he has like no wins to his credit

Newjak
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he has like no wins to his credit Correction he did beat Spider-Man and Thing!! big grin

juggernaut74
Correction he did beat Spider-Man and Thing!! big grin He was beating the crap out of Kuurth and Red Hulk also. Kuurth may have been depowered thought but we don't know how much.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by 8swords

and he only RAN 300/600 MPH, he didnt fly, so what would that do to IM flying? It's 600. And there was no indicating he was maxed out either.

carver9
Originally posted by juggernaut74
He was beating the crap out of Kuurth and Red Hulk also. Kuurth may have been depowered thought but we don't know how much.

Red Hulk on average is as strong as Thor and his punches did "nothing" to Colossus. Now let's compare. Kuurth was depowered but he was strong enough to punch Colossus with enough force to crack his bones. Kuurth was still above elite Heralds in strength.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by carver9
Red Hulk on average is as strong as Thor and his punches did "nothing" to Colossus. Now let's compare. Kuurth was depowered but he was strong enough to punch Colossus with enough force to crack his bones. Kuurth was still above elite Heralds in strength. Good points, never thought of any of those.

8swords
why are you people still posting?

didn't carver just made it clear who wins and who loses? laughing laughing

SamZED
Correction he did beat Spider-Man and Thing!! big grin With Spider-man it was a tie! eek!

DarkSaint85
Fine, quick and dirty solution - Tony Stark BFRs Colossus lol. Using bluewater's tactic of teleport tech...

abhilegend
Rulk easily caught colossonaut's punch and tossed him away.

Stoic
Since this thread began in 2007, I would have likely said that Iron Man would light Peter's a$$ up like a Christmas tree. Currently though I'm leaning towards Peter being able to tank nearly anything that Tony can hit him with. The Juggernaut has been nerfed, and even in his most powerful form to date, he pales in comparison to Cain's glory days.

DarkSaint85
But Cain, whilst being more powerful, was affected by sonics and magnetism.

Stoic
But Cain, whilst being more powerful, was affected by sonics and magnetism.

Low showing? Plus i think the point to that story was to show that Nimrod was not only a bigger threat to the X-Men, but that it could take down any living creature eventually. In other words it was PIS, since Cain has likely resisted sonics of greater levels by simply being hit by guys like Thor and the Hulk. TP is another story. Imagine if Legion ever got his hands on that Gem? Magnetism? Now that had to be a horribly written story.

juggernaut74
But Cain, whilst being more powerful, was affected by sonics and magnetism. As much as it pains me to say by Cyttorak flat out stated Colossus was more powerful than Cain was.

juggerman
I think Colossus has the potential to be more powerful than Cain but decides to hold it back. Like WWH willingly capping his anger/strength so he wouldn't kill everyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.