magnetos shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
who has broken into magnetos shield before ?

Galan007
*cough* http://www.killermovies.com/forums/346614_1-comic-book-questions *cough*

Rutog98
Originally posted by spidey-dude
who has broken into magnetos shield before ?

Storm and Thor.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Galan007
*cough* http://www.killermovies.com/forums/346614_1-comic-book-questions *cough* i made it here cause know one goes on that thread hardly

jasofisc
Originally posted by Rutog98
Storm and Thor.

they actually broke the shield? i would like some kind of reference for this.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by jasofisc
they actually broke the shield? i would like some kind of reference for this. same here

ExodusCloak
they actually broke the shield? i would like some kind of reference for this.

Thor absorbed the Magnetic Field via his Hammer...not actually shattering it physically but he absorbed it nonetheless.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/149/journeyintomystery10915jb2.jpg

As for the Storm thing...you're going to have Rutog98 about his own personal view....there are some conflicting views regarding this topic and I don't feel the need to start another Storm is a Cosmic God topic.

Priest
I have yet to see it broken. If magneto has control of the whole EM, it should nearly be invincible.
I did hear Magneto shielded a attack from Galactus, pretty impressive I'd say.

jasofisc
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Thor absorbed the Magnetic Field via his Hammer...not actually shattering it physically but he absorbed it nonetheless.

As for the Storm thing...you're going to have Rutog98 about his own personal view....there are some conflicting views regarding this topic and I don't feel the need to start another Storm is a Cosmic God topic.

yeah I knew about the Thor incident were he absorbed it.

as for storm I had no idea

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Priest
I have yet to see it broken. If magneto has control of the whole EM, it should nearly be invincible.
I did hear Magneto shielded a attack from Galactus, pretty impressive I'd say.
It depends. If Galactus wanted Magneto's shield down it would of been down, so it was probably either a throwaway blast or Galactus was just guessing.

Rutog98
yeah I knew about the Thor incident were he absorbed it.

as for storm I had no idea

B]Storm and Magneto
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1631/stormandmagneto1vm.th.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9452/stormandmagneto26nv.th.jpg

jasofisc
um that's not exactly a broken shield (by the way that's pis mags can go into space with his shield) it was more of sucking out air from a shield

2damnloud
Why do people associate "vaccum of space" with actual suction when there is NO air in space?? confused

Vaccum, in that sense simply means VOID.

You can't live your life in a "vaccum" doesn't mean live your life in a Hoover upright. It means devoid of human interaction.

Anyway, yea, I think she broke his sheild since he didn't drop it in totality, just enough for him to stick his hand through to absorb her lightning bolt.

The atmospheric pressure acting on him caused him great stress.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

As for the Storm thing...you're going to have Rutog98 about his own personal view....there are some conflicting views regarding this topic and I don't feel the need to start another Storm is a Cosmic God topic. which book is that ?

2damnloud
So, thor has MORE power over the EM spectrum than Mags???

jasofisc
Originally posted by 2damnloud
So, thor has MORE power over the EM spectrum than Mags???

that was classic mags and I think he was once beat by spiderman.

jasofisc
Why do people associate "vaccum of space" with actual suction when there is NO air in space?? confused

Vaccum, in that sense simply means VOID.

You can't live your life in a "vaccum" doesn't mean live your life in a Hoover upright. It means devoid of human interaction.

Anyway, yea, I think she broke his sheild since he didn't drop it in totality, just enough for him to stick his hand through to absorb her lightning bolt.

The atmospheric pressure acting on him caused him great stress.

so your telling me that if a shuttle went up and then there wall got pirced there wouldn't be any suction? You do know that when you breath in all you are doing is creating a void in you lungs (when you breath out) and that void must be filled so air sucks in.

How did she break his shield it in no way is shown or implied in the scans.

Rutog98
um that's not exactly a broken shield (by the way that's pis mags can go into space with his shield) it was more of sucking out air from a shield

His force-field can hold air against a vacuum. Hence, Storm's winds had to be strong enough to break the force-field to suck out his air. There is no PIS here. He even comments on how the strain on his power is incredible to anchor himself against those winds. So yeah, she did smash the field as she whipped up winds powerful enough to tax his powers greatly and to accomplish what she did she had to knock it down.

2damnloud
so your telling me that if a shuttle went up and then there wall got pirced there wouldn't be any suction? You do know that when you breath in all you are doing is creating a void in you lungs (when you breath out) and that void must be filled so air sucks in.

How did she break his shield it in no way is shown or implied in the scans.

Nope.

I think that it would be the pressure differenetial of the residual air within the ship rushing out.

I think that you've been watching too many Hollywoodfilms. I haven't actually witnessed this or heard or suction/air in Open space. There really is none.

In the case above, Magneto's sheild enduring "the vaccum" of space is completely irrelevant.

Im not sure what storms winds can exert per square ince, but it's pretty strong.

Plus, the air would be moving so fast he wouldn't be able to breath anyway.

TricksterPriest
Storm doing that was PIS. Thor's was not. Reason? Thor has a magic hammer. laughing out loud Seriously, Mjolnir has countless absorbtion feats, it's well within it's capabilities to drain off the shield.

2damnloud
Magneto, and other characters doin stuff can be PIS too. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Rutog98
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Storm doing that was PIS. Thor's was not. Reason? Thor has a magic hammer. laughing out loud Seriously, Mjolnir has countless absorbtion feats, it's well within it's capabilities to drain off the shield.

No it was not. Storm is a more powerful mutant than Magneto and has done feats even more impressive than knocking down his force-field with her winds. Sorry if you don't like it but his force-field was given full credit as right before she knocked it down, he easily withstood the combined power of Cyclops, Colossus and Wolverine. Her winds are just that strong. If you don't like it, tough!

Rutog98
Magneto, and other characters doin stuff can be PIS too. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Tell me about it. Magneto lasting more than 2 minutes against any lineup with Storm on it is PIS as she can beat him by herself. He even stated that she could beat him if she did not hold back. Magneto defeating Apacolypse is PIS given Magneto really should not be able to hurt him with his powers. MAgneto's force-field taking blows from Thor is PIS if you give Thor his full strength. Midgard Serpent which can wrap around planets.

Soljer
Storm is a more powerful mutant than Magneto

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

Rutog98
Originally posted by Soljer
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

Well, at least I speak the truth. big grin

Soljer
Don't go there with me. You will lose. You don't want to match feats.

TricksterPriest
Ok, I'll agree with Mags beating Apoc is PIS. And Mags taking the full power of Mjolnir or a godblast being PIS. BUT STORM IS MORE POWERFUL THAN MAGNETO!? What the f**k? Hell no she ain't. STORM SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BREAK MAGNETO'S SHIELDS. And dude, sorry to bust you and Hudlin's wet dream, BUT STORM IS NOT OMEGA LEVEL. you are a fanboy. Accept it. Meanwhile, the rest of the world knows that Storm is not capable of beating Magneto, or Apocalypse, or Hulk, or a shit load of other people. Reason? SHE CAN'T TAKE A PUNCH. You're almost as bad as Xmeat in your defense of Storm.

Soljer

And what's more, you edited because you know good and well that Storm would get shit stomped in a feat war with magneto.

TricksterPriest
Oh, so that's what happened to it. I was wondering where he said could match Magneto's feats. stick out tongue

Rutog98

And what's more, you edited because you know good and well that Storm would get shit stomped in a feat war with magneto.

I edited since I have already posted feats and proven this for Storm time and again. I did not feel the need to rehash it. But hey, I'm ready for ya.

Rutog98
Oh, so that's what happened to it. I was wondering where he said could match Magneto's feats. stick out tongue

No she does not match his feats but surpass them many times over.

ExodusCloak
Here's the other side to the argument.

Storm attacks Magneto with her Lightning.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7471/mags9aw.jpg

Magneto sticks his hand out of his shield to absorb Storms lighting and in doing so HE BREAKS HIS OWN shield/bubble. Notice that his shield is now broken. It can be interpreted as dissipating. But either way his Shields are not up completely leaving himself open for an attack.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2016/mags22sh.jpg

Storm then attacks Magneto whose shield is already "Broken"/Dissolved because he let his hand through it, with her winds.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4839/mags34th.jpg
Therefore she did not break his shield. Magneto broke/dissolved his own shield.

TricksterPriest
Dude, you are dangerously close to being on Xmeat level of credibility. And if you start saying Storm is over Apoc, I will pummel you with scans. stick out tongue Storm cannot beat Mags, don't make post a match between them.

Edit: Ahhhhh. That explains it. Smart tactics on Storm's part, but hardly on the level of being over Magneto. Thank you Juggs. thumb up

zbucsz
Strom cannot beat magneto

Rutog98
Dudes, ITS ON!!! I have to go now, but I will be back either tonight or tomorrow and I will smash you down.

As far as Storm vs. Poccy, I'm not ready to say she will win that, but she can definately take Magneto.

TricksterPriest
Co-sign, Kool-aid man. Co-sign. stick out tongue

Edit: Smart man. Because you know I can produce scans of Apoc owning her. cool

Rutog98
Co-sign, Kool-aid man. Co-sign. stick out tongue

Edit: Smart man. Because you know I can produce scans of Apoc owning her. cool

Those scans don't mean much. The reason I am not ready to say Ororo beats Poccy is because I know what his powers are. He is usually written down as is she. His powers are something else. If each character is given full credit, I can't say for sure that Ororo will win. I'd really have to think this one through. Storm is a Phoenix-level character and Poccy is enormously powerful.

We need a Storm vs. Magneto thread and Thor vs. Apacolypse thread.

TricksterPriest
You have no idea what Apocalypse's powers are. And what do you mean 'she'? Why put yourself through heartache? You'll get stomped in a mags vs. storm thread. As for Apoc vs. Thor.....,maybe when the respect thread is a little bigger. I need more classic Apoc info before I can claim that at the moment. I think he can win, but I need more evidence to back it up.

Symmetric Chaos

As far as Storm vs. Poccy, I'm not ready to say she will win that

Coming from Rutog that is the most ProApoc thing ever written on these boards.

Rutog98
You have no idea what Apocalypse's powers are. And what do you mean 'she'? Why put yourself through heartache? You'll get stomped in a mags vs. storm thread. As for Apoc vs. Thor.....,maybe when the respect thread is a little bigger. I need more classic Apoc info before I can claim that at the moment. I think he can win, but I need more evidence to back it up.

No have you idea with whom you are dealing with. I know just about every inch of Storm's history by heart. There may be a few facts I don't know, but I know what I am talking about!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Coming from Rutog that is the most ProApoc thing ever written on these boards.

More than everything Evil_Ash and myself have done? confused

Symmetric Chaos
More than everything Evil_Ash and myself have done? confused

According to Rutog

Storm = HighLevel Cosmic

According to Rutog

Storm may struggle with Apoc

Therefore

Apoc > Cosmic

spidey-dude
magneto can absorb electricity. wont do jack if storm shoots lightning at him.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
According to Rutog

Storm = HighLevel Cosmic

According to Rutog

Storm may struggle with Apoc

Therefore

Apoc > Cosmic

Huh. Can't argue with that. You're right, that does trump me&Ash. stick out tongue

jasofisc
Nope.

I think that it would be the pressure differenetial of the residual air within the ship rushing out.

I think that you've been watching too many Hollywoodfilms. I haven't actually witnessed this or heard or suction/air in Open space. There really is none.

In the case above, Magneto's sheild enduring "the vaccum" of space is completely irrelevant.

Im not sure what storms winds can exert per square ince, but it's pretty strong.

Plus, the air would be moving so fast he wouldn't be able to breath anyway.

ok I got that from my anatomy teacher and college anatomy book so I think you need to rethink what you put.

you are right about the shuttle thing my point is that if there was any flaw in mags shield then the moment he entered space he would be dead. There for if the shield is up the wind is not going to affect him.

I think Exodus was right when he made the realization that mags took down his shield before the storm thing. It's the only way those scans make since. Still that means storm did not break his shield (no evidence she broke it in anyway) If he is right then i'm incline to take back my PIS remark.

so that's still ) 0 out of 0 for people breaking the shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.