Iron-man Vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zbucsz
1 day prep in Florida who wins

Kazenji
Magneto the master of magnitism wins

Symmetric Chaos
Magneto makes Tony's last memory of this world into a horrific Lovecraftian menagerie of blood and innards.

What If...
Ironman?

Metalmanx
Correct me if I'm wrong (I really should bone up on my Iron Man), but isn't his armor magnetic-proof?

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Correct me if I'm wrong (I really should bone up on my Iron Man), but isn't his armor magnetic-proof?

I know Doom's is. I dunno about Tony's.

But it really doesn't matter either way, Magneto need not use Ironman's tin can to beat him.

bigbran
Originally posted by Soljer

But it really doesn't matter either way, Magneto need not use Ironman's tin can to beat him. Magneto can only control metal... is he going to throw steel at Iron Man?
L O L

Tha C-Master
Something about that comment just struck me as funny...

Bouboumaster
Tony would only find Pain and Suffering in a combat opposing him against Magneto.

Utrigita
Indeed he could fry the circuet in Iron-mans armor, and couldn't he use the Iron in tonys blood to kill him ore at the very least make him confused.

don't shiv
blood and synthi steel is what Magneto will make outta Ironman.

beta ray bob
WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE THINK MAGNETO WOULD WIN WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!! if they have a day's prep' than iron man would de-magnetize his armor and crush magneto like an insignificant bug

Soljer
Originally posted by beta ray bob
WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE THINK MAGNETO WOULD WIN WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!! if they have a day's prep' than iron man would de-magnetize his armor and crush magneto like an insignificant bug

We are already assuming his armor is magnet-proof.

Magneto doesn't need to use Tony's armor to win this fight, he'd take it 10/10 regardless.

guy222
Originally posted by zbucsz
1 day prep in Florida who wins

Does Tony have a drink first?

boriquaking55
Stark's only chance is with Thorbuster

zbucsz
Yes tony is tipsy off the grey goose

spidey-dude

But it really doesn't matter either way, Magneto need not use Ironman's tin can to beat him. ive never herd of doom metal protected from magnitism. but ottos arms yes.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Something about that comment just struck me as funny...

Because its so true. I don't know why people on this board overrate Magneto so much. He flies, has a force-field and controls metal. There is no way he's beating characters like Storm, Apacolypse etc with those as his powers. Its entirely unrealistic hence these characters are never given their full range of powers in Magneto arcs.

Soljer
Originally posted by spidey-dude
ive never herd of doom metal protected from magnitism. but ottos arms yes.

It was spoken of in an encounter doom and magneto had. Magneto couldn't touch doom's armor.

Soljer
Originally posted by Rutog98
Because its so true. I don't know why people on this board overrate Magneto so much. He flies, has a force-field and controls metal. There is no way he's beating characters like Storm, Apacolypse etc with those as his powers. Its entirely unrealistic hence these characters are never given their full range of powers in Magneto arcs.

Except he can make Storms powers NOT FUNCTION and rip her body to shreds with a fraction of a fraction of his total power.

Oh, and let us not forget that his mind operates fifteen times faster than Storm's, so she wouldn't even have a chance to react.

2damnloud
Still wasn't fast enough for that Tornado though confused

King_Mungi
Yes, Iron Man's suit is demagnitized but is still prone to EMP attacks depowering him.

Rutog98
Except he can make Storms powers NOT FUNCTION and rip her body to shreds with a fraction of a fraction of his total power.

Oh, and let us not forget that his mind operates fifteen times faster than Storm's, so she wouldn't even have a chance to react.

Oh yeah, and how does he make her powers not function? Its an iron in the blood trick. She's not going to just sit there and let him do that. She'll come at him with powers that will be devistating on impact and tax his powers. He's not going to be able to do something subtle like this.

spidey-dude
It was spoken of in an encounter doom and magneto had. Magneto couldn't touch doom's armor. when ?

SupaEZE
Magneto would crush him!!!!!!!!!11

hafabee
Originally posted by Rutog98
Oh yeah, and how does he make her powers not function? Its an iron in the blood trick. She's not going to just sit there and let him do that. She'll come at him with powers that will be devistating on impact and tax his powers. He's not going to be able to do something subtle like this.

Because electricity and magnetism are interconnected. Magneto's powers are not limited to merely controlling metal, magnetism is one of the four fundamental interactions of nature, and electromagnetism is the force responsible for practically all the phenomena encountered in daily life (with the exception of gravity). This makes Magneto more than a match for Storm, Iron-Man, or just about any other hero or villain you can imagine.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man uses the Reality Gem FTW.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

thumb up

Does he still have it? It would be his only chance.

Anyway on average Magneto crushes him. IM shows up with new armors and a satellite network, magneto shows up with a comet and wrecks the continent.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by 753
Does he still have it? It would be his only chance.

Not even close to correct.

Originally posted by Blair Wind

Very much so correct. Mags is in a tier above period.

JakeTheBank

thumb up

Iron Man's kinda getting the shaft here. With a full day of prep, especially with his upgraded Extremis "Bleeding Edge" armor, Magneto isn't going to spite stomp him.

Blanket
Originally posted by bigbran
Magneto can only control metal... is he going to throw steel at Iron Man?
L O L

Originally posted by Blanket

Yes

hafabee
Originally posted by 753
Very much so correct. Mags is in a tier above period.

Yeah no kidding, Iron-Man would have a tough time with Magneto's kids let alone big daddy himself. A little emp in Stark's face and Tony's a hunk of dead weight, and that is just the tip of the iceberg in regard to Magneto's powers.

tkitna
Tony with a day of prep is better than Magneto

chomperx9
magneto would crush stark inside the armor

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by tkitna
Tony with a day of prep is better than Magneto

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by chomperx9
magneto would crush stark inside the armor

thumb down

chomperx9
thumb down you saying he cant ?

JakeTheBank
you saying he cant ?

Not with Iron Man getting prep. Even without prep, I can't imagine Tony not having defenses against electro-magnetic manipulation for his armor.

Blair Wind
Iron Man has made himself immune to Magneto's powers. I'm not at my old computer (or my Iron Man scans) at the moment, but that scan is somewhere on this site. So a direct attack by Magneto would be futile.

Tony could redirect his powers (ala Electro - trapping him in his own forcefield).

Or just re-make the power drainer that was used against the Avengers/Dark Avengers (after Harrow acquired it).

Or he can use the audio frequency shut down the minds of Captain A's army in Civil War.

And while this is the only thing I cannot verify with a scan in mind, I'm pretty sure that Ironman can absorb magnetic energy (as he's absorbed every other single type of energy thrown his way before - from magical to power cosmic). I'm almost positive a scan exists to support this, I just can't think of one right now. Either way, the above feats all count and are part of his arsenal.

And those are just off the top of my head. Iron man is king of versatility. Magneto is overall more powerful in terms of power expenditure, but it doesn't matter here.

xmarksthespot
Magneto. stick out tongue

Blanket
Tony has too much cock. Magneto wins.

BlackZero30x
Not with Iron Man getting prep. Even without prep, I can't imagine Tony not having defenses against electro-magnetic manipulation for his armor.
I agree with this statement 100,000%

Iron Man has some chance here.....Iron Man only has any chance because of prep though

but still the end result would at the very least be 7.5/10 Magneto.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man has made himself immune to Magneto's powers. I'm not at my old computer (or my Iron Man scans) at the moment, but that scan is somewhere on this site. So a direct attack by Magneto would be futile.

Tony could redirect his powers (ala Electro - trapping him in his own forcefield).

Or just re-make the power drainer that was used against the Avengers/Dark Avengers (after Harrow acquired it).

Or he can use the audio frequency that makes a person's mind shutdown.

And while this is the only thing I cannot verify with a scan in mind, I'm pretty sure that Ironman can absorb magnetic energy (as he's absorbed every other single type of energy thrown his way before - from magical to power cosmic). I'm almost positive a scan exists to support this, I just can't think of one right now. Either way, the above feats all count and are part of his arsenal.

And those are just off the top of my head. Iron man is king of versatility. Magneto is overall more powerful in terms of power expenditure, but it doesn't matter here.

thumb up

Seriously, people must think all Iron Man can do is shoot repulsors.

xmarksthespot
Tony has too much cock. Can never have too much of a good thing... ermmhappy...

hafabee

If he knew he was going up against Magneto Tony Stark would likely have a Faraday Cage mechanism built into his armour to protect it from static electric fields and to a lesser degree electromagnetic pulses, but there is no kind of mechanical protection that can stop the power of the Earth's magnetic field, which Magneto taps into directly. It's way too much for any Faraday Cage to handle, especially when you consider that a master of magentism is most likely to vary the wavelength of any electromagnetic attack.

Magneto for the win everytime vs Iron-Man, he's just way too much for him. Stark better have the rest of the Avengers with him in this match-up, or at least his last will and testament filled out before hand.

chomperx9
with prep im sure stark would do something to his armor to make it magnetic proof. without proof he would get owned.

Or he can use the audio frequency that makes a person's mind shutdown.

Magneto has affected IM's armor a number of times, joseph's done it once too, and IIRC he's done it when IM had claimed to have specific defenses against his powers. Thor's EMPs and lightnings have fried that armor as well.

Now let's asume IM is totally insulated inside a completelly immune armor, which I find somewhat unlikely. His brain wont be shut down,the iron in his blood won't be ripped, he wont be torn to pieces and the circuitry wont be fried.

But Magneto can still blast and pound at IM's shields until he breaks them. IM's tecnopathy wouldnt be all that usefull cause all other tech in the world wouldnt be EMP proof. I very much doubt IM is gonna pull enough fine control and raw power over electromagnetism to wrestle control over it from magnus, trapping him in his own force-fields. And of course Mags also gets prep.

Magneto's tech is extremlly advanced itself. He has created machines to enhance his own powers in orders of magnitude, adult superhuman organisms, space stations, power dampeners, the list goes on. Right now the resources he would have to draw from include: the x-club with its own technopath, asteroid m/utopia ripe with shiar and atlantis tech other than his own.

So yes, he still takes this

Doctor-Alvis
I think Doom demagnetized his armor once but Magneto just switched up the "frequency", somehow, and kept going at it. I don't think a force field would work either. But if he can make or has some kind of depowering device that would be a good route to explore.

psycho gundam
Or just re-make the power drainer that was used against the Avengers/Dark Avengers (after Harrow acquired it). i like that idea big grin

rader
It seems like Magneto is being under judged by a couple people here. They claim he can only make shields, fly, and manipulate metal. Do you know what holds your atoms together? Magnetism, and Magneto has user this ability even on Apocalypse successfully.

chomperx9
Originally posted by rader
It seems like Magneto is being under judged by a couple people here. They claim he can only make shields, fly, and manipulate metal. Do you know what holds your atoms together? Magnetism, and Magneto has user this ability even on Apocalypse successfully. iron-man 2 just came out man so for the next few months the iron man fanboyism is gonna be a little higher than average.

rader
Which is funny, cuz I'm the only one I know who really liked it. It had an episodic comic feel that I dug.

Mshinu
Tony is smart, he surenders.

Or.. Mags puts up his shields and meditates for a while. Then he splits the moon in half, puts IM trough a wormhole directly between the two halves and SLAMS them together. Iron Frisbee looses.

the ninjak
Magneto's magnetic abilities don't work on the Ironman armor.
Plus Extremis is extremely fast. Faster than Magneto's eyes can follow.
Tony wins this PREP fight....What's Mags gonna do against ear drum shattering sonics blasted right into his cranium?

Skittle
iron-man 2 just came out man so for the next few months the iron man fanboyism is gonna be a little higher than average.

Don't forget the fangirlism for Robert Downey Jr!
HEY! I watchied it for for the plot! wink

Magneto can only control metal... is he going to throw steel at Iron Man?
L O L

laughing

Estacado
Magneto puts up a shield then removes Tony from his armor the sameway he removed Kitty from that bullet.

Tha C-Master
Good match, Magneto is more powerful on average, but Tony is still one of the greatest minds on Marvel Earth. In all of the comics I've read of him he's adapted to every situation on the fly. With prep he is close to unstoppable and can even give Doom a bit of a match. I want to say Tony 6/10, not sure yet though.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Magneto's magnetic abilities don't work on the Ironman armor.
Plus Extremis is extremely fast. Faster than Magneto's eyes can follow.
Tony wins this PREP fight....What's Mags gonna do against ear drum shattering sonics blasted right into his cranium?

The same thing he does when banshee screams at him or atomic weapons explode on the shields releasing the shockwaves onto it .He'll stand there and yawn.

Mags is also a beast with prep and I believe he's at least on par with IM. Even extremis is all about electronics and technopathy in the end, that's really not gonna do much against mags.

Mags can make a version of cerebra to increase his power a thousand fold. He has done things like this in the past and his current tech resources are plain better. Not to mention he has had access to and studied HE and Stranger's tech and created incredible crap on his own. He could easily counter machines to drain his power, not to mention.

Colossus-Big C
m

dev10n
Magneto throws every car in a 1 mile radius as Iron man Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

the ninjak
Originally posted by dev10n
Magneto throws every car in a 1 mile radius as Iron man Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

interesting.

batdude123
Magneto.

Warlord
Originally posted by batdude123
Magneto.

thumb up

the ninjak
Yeah I'll go with Mags I was just curious about the whole Immunity to magnetism deal.

dev10n
Magneto throws every car in a 1 mile radius at Iron man Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

the ninjak
Magneto throws every car in a 1 mile radius as Iron man Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance Originally posted by the ninjak
interesting. Originally posted by dev10n

blink...........as Ironman?

dev10n
Originally posted by the ninjak
blink...........as Ironman? lol i already corrected that genius

the ninjak
ahhh good man.

Black bolt z
1 day prep in Florida who wins Tony spends his one day in flordia getting laid.

celeyhyga17
Iron Man with prep has a good chance to win. Tony takes this.

6/10

cavilling_elite
Magneto can kill Tony Stark Instantly. The only reason Stark is alive is because the mini-Tokamak is keeping shrapnel from Starks heart.

Shrapnel therefor HAS to be magnetic. No amount of prep time can help that fact.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cavilling_elite
Magneto can kill Tony Stark Instantly. The only reason Stark is alive is because the mini-Tokamak is keeping shrapnel from Starks heart.

Shrapnel therefor HAS to be magnetic. No amount of prep time can help that fact.

Stark no longer has any shrapnel near his heart.

Mindset
^ BS he does in the movie!

amnesia
Tony can do lots of shit in a day. Enough to take down magneto, that's for sure.

Estacado
Magneto 10/10
Anyone says Tony can beat him should read the Magneto respect thread.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Tony spends his one day in flordia getting laid. magneto spends his one day wishing he was as sexy and alcoholic as tony.

Black bolt z
1 day prep in Florida who wins Tony spends his prep banging chicks in miami.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.