Wolverine and Spiderman vs a lot of people

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
Wolverine and Spiderman

Vs

Batman, Robin, Night Wing, Bat Girl, Falcon and black cat.

who wins?

no prep.

steverules
Wolverine and spider-man

masterbruce
hmmm

taking out prep basically takes out batman's number one weapon

I'm going to have to go with the team

Wolverine is too friggin durable to stay down for any period of time if at all and Spiderman is too strong and agile to be slowed down, and his webbing will wreck havoc on the team

by no means is this a cakewalk, but Spidey and Wolverine wins at the end of the day

disclaimer: I don't know anything about the falcon so maybe he can help the team a lot

masterbruce
Capt it up:

I have one issue with regards to Wolverine being in versus debates

Isn't he basically immortal? and his crazy healing factor ensures he won't stay down for any period of time so almost no one under heraldish level could really take him out...or am I wrong?

Priest
On paper wolverine and spiderman should win. But we also got to consider team batman's "gadgets"...
Im not sure who would win at the moment.

guy222
Originally posted by capt it up
Wolverine and Spiderman

Vs

Batman, Robin, Night Wing, Bat Girl, Falcon and black cat.

who wins?

no prep.

Parker/Howlett easy

LORDSIDIOUS01
Batman is the last one standing.

steverules
Are u freakin kidding me!?!

capt it up
Originally posted by masterbruce
Capt it up:

I have one issue with regards to Wolverine being in versus debates

Isn't he basically immortal? and his crazy healing factor ensures he won't stay down for any period of time so almost no one under heraldish level could really take him out...or am I wrong?
a KO is a win. He pritty impossable to kill for good however you can kill him he just won't remain dead

masterbruce
a KO is a win. He pritty impossable to kill for good however you can kill him he just won't remain dead

but what would it take to KO him?

I mean wouldnt his HF make him recover from a KO very quickly?

capt it up
but what would it take to KO him?

I mean wouldnt his HF make him recover from a KO very quickly?
It take a lot to KO him. However if he is KOed he loses.

steverules
He will recover quickly from a KO but he's still been KOed

masterbruce
So who is the weakest person that could KO wolverine? like what amount of strength do you need to KO wolverine?

steverules
I dunno...alot maybe? I ain't sure

Space M ummy
So who is the weakest person that could KO wolverine? like what amount of strength do you need to KO wolverine?

Wolverine is definitely overrated on this board. the majority of the heroes in marvel earth would ruin him in a well written fight.

herald level? didn't magneto wreck his day back in fatal attractions? you know, when all his adamantium got ripped out and he nearly died?

Wolverine isn't immune to drowning, either. I think there's a very long "think of creative ways to kill wolverine" thread around here somewhere...

Soljer
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Wolverine is definitely overrated on this board. the majority of the heroes in marvel earth would ruin him in a well written fight.

herald level? didn't magneto wreck his day back in fatal attractions? you know, when all his adamantium got ripped out and he nearly died?

Wolverine isn't immune to drowning, either. I think there's a very long "think of creative ways to kill wolverine" thread around here somewhere...

Well, he WAS drowning once, and it was hypothesized (in comic, not by a fan), that his healing factor would keep him alive, but in a perpetual state of drowning.

Obviously, not too comfortable, but, at the very least, it'd take quite a while for him to drown.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Soljer
Well, he WAS drowning once, and it was hypothesized (in comic, not by a fan), that his healing factor would keep him alive, but in a perpetual state of drowning.

Obviously, not too comfortable, but, at the very least, it'd take quite a while for him to drown.

Wolverine's healing factor has never been shown to allow him to survive without oxygen. perhaps longer than the average joe, but drowning would kill him, being sent into space sans a suit would kill him, having his healing factor shut off while adamantium is still in his body will kill him, Xavier felt that separating his head from his body (when he was sans adamantium) would likely kill him, converting his body to energy, then scattering it to the far corners of the universe would kill him, a godforce blast would likely make short work of him, that molecular rearranger ultron has that works on adamantium would guarantee wolverine has a VERY bad day...I could keep this up for hours

capt it up
That not what this thread is about. also yoru inccorrect non of what you said would keep him dead. Xavier was incorrect and wa sproven inccorrect of issue 31 in which Logan head is cut off and his body reforms again. Logan is pritty much immortal in the sense that he can keep coming back to live unless of course he chooses to go into the light

Space M ummy
That not what this thread is about. also yoru inccorrect non of what you said would keep him dead. Xavier was incorrect and wa sproven inccorrect of issue 31 in which Logan head is cut off and his body reforms again. Logan is pritty much immortal in the sense that he can keep coming back to live unless of course he chooses to go into the light

BS. Wolverine has already been killed during inferno, remember? S'ym even broke off one of his claws and picked his teeth with it.

Remove his healing factor, and he can't come back. This can be done ANY number of ways. Leech can do it, it's been done to him on Genosha, Surfer can "turn off" X-genes whenever he feels like it...etc

Strange waggles a finger at him, turning him into a brick. Game over.

HOM wanda: "No more wolverine!"

Iceman molecularly inverts him into water, doesn't bother to turn him back..

The "wolverine is immortal!" argument is worthless, and you know it.

capt it up
BS. Wolverine has already been killed during inferno, remember? S'ym even broke off one of his claws and picked his teeth with it. \
Who said he would have remained dead? Also it is not BS, it a fact that he can come back from the dead. Go read issue 48 before you call some thing BS.

Remove his healing factor, and he can't come back. This can be done ANY number of ways. Leech can do it, it's been done to him on Genosha, Surfer can "turn off" X-genes whenever he feels like it...etc
Good for them. If he loses his powers he would die. However I wonder if he x-gene is the reason he is immortal, I would think so however it could be possible that it is not.

Strange waggles a finger at him, turning him into a brick. Game over.

HOM wanda: "No more wolverine!"
Did I ever say they could not kill him for good?

Iceman molecularly inverts him into water, doesn't bother to turn him back..
Iceman can not turn people into water what the hell are you talking about.

The "wolverine is immortal!" argument is worthless, and you know it.
Not really. It a true statement that he is immortal I n the sense he can keep coming back to life if he chooses to that not to say there are not people who can get around that.

Space M ummy
Who said he would have remained dead?

due to the way time runs in Limbo, Wolverine and the rest of the xmen had been dead for some time. they were rotting corpses and skeletons at that point. Didn't read inferno, did you?

just because it happens in a comic doesn't mean it isn't BS. Just because Spiderman has been shown beating firelord, doesn't mean it isn't BS.

now you're fishing. Wolverine's powers are the ONLY reason he comes back from getting injured. without them he stays dead. Any proof to the contrary? no? just fanboy BS? moving on then...

Iceman can teleport himself and others via a process called "molecular inversion" where they're all converted to water. No he doesn't do it often, yes it's part of his powerset.

Wolverine isn't immortal in any sense of the word. So you're saying Galactus, Celestials, Odin, Death itself, The tribunal, etc can't kill wolverine unless he decides not to "go towards the light?" GTFO out of here with that nonsense.

edit: I just reread your last paragraph. it seems to say "wolverine is truly immortal and can come back, until he runs into someone who can kill him."

lando005
back to the original point of the tread spidy and wolverine should be able to take this without much of a problem

Soljer
Just pointing out - Iceman CAN turn people into water molecules. It's a nifty little power of that Omega mutant, wink.

capt it up

Blair Wind
Prove it I own every x-men comic ecpt possibly two issues and I do not recall seeing this before.

Did someone say Iceman? Check the respect thread. Its there

capt it up
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Did someone say Iceman? Check the respect thread. Its there
really wonder what issue and I should own it.

masterbruce

Did you listen to a word I said? They could kill him for good however most people can not. They would simply kill his soul and then he gone however if you are unable to kill his soul then wolverine can come back again.

can Galactus, Odin etc. destroy souls? I don't remember that as their ability.

capt it up
can Galactus, Odin etc. destroy souls? I don't remember that as their ability.
yes and not like they would need too they could simple turn him into some thing lol

lando005
capt's right as horrible as an excuse it may be that's marvels answer to all the crazy stuff wolvirne's survived....but he atleat they give a reason i'ld still like to know how iceman can turn people into water, or how superman can close a rift in space/time with his bare hands... when you look at it this way ... it's comics we gotta accept it

Soljer
Originally posted by lando005
capt's right as horrible as an excuse it may be that's marvels answer to all the crazy stuff wolvirne's survived....but he atleat they give a reason i'ld still like to know how iceman can turn people into water, or how superman can close a rift in space/time with his bare hands... when you look at it this way ... it's comics we gotta accept it

Superman did that pre-crisis, which is a TOTALLY different ball park (like Lex Luthor making a time machine out of, what was it, orange juice cans or something?).

Iceman doing what he does makes some sense.

Wolverine being immortal (at least in this fashion) makes very little.

I mean, I don't dispute it, I've read the comic, and I've even mentioned Wolverine's immortality in a few threads here and there. I'm not trying to hate on Wolverine - I often defend him when I see random backlash going on.

But seriously? It's bad writing in my opinion.

masterbruce
yeah, I think it is a bad idea making Logan immortal...he shouldn't be that powerful..it actually hurts the character

just like Batman wouldnt be batman if you gave him superpowers

Soljer
yeah, I think it is a bad idea making Logan immortal...he shouldn't be that powerful..it actually hurts the character

just like Batman wouldnt be batman if you gave him superpowers

Honestly? I wouldn't mind Logan being immortal if they had a better explanation for it.

If it was some kind of further mutation, or it was explained by some sort of advanced power, or some such?

Fine.

But Logan coming back from the dead cause he feels like it? Which is, pretty much, what it amounts to?

no

lando005
Honestly? I wouldn't mind Logan being immortal if they had a better explanation for it.

If it was some kind of further mutation, or it was explained by some sort of advanced power, or some such?

Fine.

But Logan coming back from the dead cause he feels like it? Which is, pretty much, what it amounts to?

no i think that's what's got everyone upset about the whole thing i'ld be more than happy to go along with it myself if they came up with a better explination

Ize19

Fine.

no

I actually have a theory as to how that can work. The way I see it, him coming back to life, is like him getting re-incarnated. Now, in the Gehenna Stone Affair, it was HEAVILY implied that Wolverine is the re-incarnation of an ancient warrior known as the Hand of God. In chapter 16 of the novel Weapon X, it is flat out stated that Wolverine has been re-incarnated countless times, each as a warrior of some sort. One of those re-incarnations is called the Hand of God, so those two tie into each other.
The other necessary piece of evidence for my theory is when Wolverine regenerated from a drop of blood. He stated then, that the reason he regenerated was because the crystal had provided his healing factor with enough energy. Elsewhere, it has been stated that his healing factor needs protein (a source of energy) to run.
Ok, so now that I've provided my evidence, here's the actual theory. When Wolverine dies, he has a choice, between whether to go to eternal rest, or whether to be re-incarnated. When he chooses to be re-incarnated, he generally enters another body to do so. However, now that his current body has a healing factor, he gets sent back to his body, and the energy of his soul entering his body, powers the healing factor to temporarily ridiculous heights.

python99
Originally posted by Ize19
I actually have a theory as to how that can work. The way I see it, him coming back to life, is like him getting re-incarnated. Now, in the Gehenna Stone Affair, it was HEAVILY implied that Wolverine is the re-incarnation of an ancient warrior known as the Hand of God. In chapter 16 of the novel Weapon X, it is flat out stated that Wolverine has been re-incarnated countless times, each as a warrior of some sort. One of those re-incarnations is called the Hand of God, so those two tie into each other.
The other necessary piece of evidence for my theory is when Wolverine regenerated from a drop of blood. He stated then, that the reason he regenerated was because the crystal had provided his healing factor with enough energy. Elsewhere, it has been stated that his healing factor needs protein (a source of energy) to run.
Ok, so now that I've provided my evidence, here's the actual theory. When Wolverine dies, he has a choice, between whether to go to eternal rest, or whether to be re-incarnated. When he chooses to be re-incarnated, he generally enters another body to do so. However, now that his current body has a healing factor, he gets sent back to his body, and the energy of his soul entering his body, powers the healing factor to temporarily ridiculous heights.

So when all is said and done Wolverine is the only character in all of marvel that can choose whether he lives or dies. NIce!
So I guess its safe to say that Wolverine has the greatest ealing factor in all of Marvel.

Soljer
Originally posted by Ize19

I think that's a fantastic theory. One that you've backed up with actual comic evidence. I applaud you.

But till what you just described is in a comic that says "Marvel" on the front of it?

It's still shit writing. no expression.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.