level 9 telepathic blocker created by shield vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
a level 9 TP blocker created by shield vs level 10 TP uses. How long would it be able to block a level 10 TP user?

also would level 9 TP users be unable to break through it?

TricksterPriest
Ummmm......what? blink I'm not understanding the level system you're using.

capt it up
OK there is a level system for telepaths. The highest level is 10. There are Telepathic blocker designed to stop Telepaths from entering a person brain which have level as well. Level 9 Telepathic blocke ris designed so that not even a level 9 telepath can enter the person brain who has one

Martian_mind
Martian Manhunter operates on his own scale baby.

Level 9 gets pwned in a second 10/10.

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Martian Manhunter operates on his own scale baby.

Level 9 gets pwned in a second 10/10.
why? the level 10 telepath would still have to disable it and that would take time and a lot of effort.

Martian_mind
Thats well and good,but when you've forced your way into the Spectre's mind,had a will so strong that the combined minds of an entire planet can't affect you,mind-raped 2 omnipotent beings,read the minds of everyone on earth several times,liked every hero onm the planet several times and Turned the Joker sane whilst controlling every Villian on the planet,your not likely to be a mere "Class 10" Telepath.

ExodusCloak
Anyone who's ever mind raped Wolverine...this whole Level 10 Telepath thing originated from an Emma/Logan coversation. Emma has mind raped him on 3 occasions most recently in AXM and with ease. Meaning anyone who is Level 10 by passes it with ease....since it's designed to block out Level 9 TP's then I'd say they'll have a lot of trouble with it.

capt it up
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Anyone who's ever mind raped Wolverine...this whole Level 10 Telepath thing originated from an Emma/Logan coversation. Emma has mind raped him on 3 occasions most recently in AXM and with ease. Meaning anyone who is Level 10 by passes it with ease....since it's designed to block out Level 9 TP's then I'd say they'll have a lot of trouble with it.
Wolverine did not have the level 9 TB before the civil war arch. Also she has only mind raped him in astonishing. It funny though how the writter of astonishing stated he has no idea how to write wolverine nor does he fully understand the character and yet the only times logan has been mind raped with ease is in astinishing x-men. Before that wolverine has always been a problem for telepaths such as jean and casandra nova an yet now all of a sudden he can easily be mind rape seem sorta odd does it not? That a writter who stated he has no idea how to write wolverine now all of a sudden has him easily being mind raped seem pritty wierd to me though that may be due to my bias. Just food for thought.

Any ways the TP level 9 blocker was given to him in civil war he did not have it prior to that.

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Thats well and good,but when you've forced your way into the Spectre's mind,had a will so strong that the combined minds of an entire planet can't affect you,mind-raped 2 omnipotent beings,read the minds of everyone on earth several times,liked every hero onm the planet several times and Turned the Joker sane whilst controlling every Villian on the planet,your not likely to be a mere "Class 10" Telepath.
who did this? Yes there are some people who are beyond level 10's which there are just no blockers for, but those are extremely powerful beings. I talking a normal level 10 which emma frost or jean grey ( alpha one) are

bigbran
Originally posted by capt it up
who did this? Martian Manhunter.

capt it up
Originally posted by bigbran
Martian Manhunter.
well he clearly beyond level 10 and he not marvel so you can kinda see how shield blockers don't mean any thing to DC

bigbran
well he clearly beyond level 10 and he not marvel so you can kinda see how shield blockers don't mean any thing to DC Thanos would destroy it in a microsecond...

ExodusCloak
Wolverine did not have the level 9 TP before the civil war arch. Also she has only mind raped him in astonishing. It funny though how the writter of astonishing stated he has no idea how to write wolverine nor does he fully understand the character and yet the only times logan has been mind raped with ease is in astinishing x-men. Before that wolverine has always been a problem for telepaths such as jean and casandra nova an yet now all of a sudden he can easily be mind rape seem sorta odd does it not? That a writter who stated he has no idea how to write wolverine now all of a sudden has him easily being mind raped seem pritty wird to me though that may be due to my bias. Just food for thought.

Any ways the TP level 9 blocker was given to him in civil war he did not have it prior to that.

Read that issue of Wolverine where he confronts Emma and Cyclops during Civil War...Wolvey mentions he has blockers courtesy of Xavier. Emma has also mind raped him in her first appearance UXM #129 I believe.

capt it up
Read that issue of Wolverine where he confronts Emma and Cyclops during Civil War...Wolvey mentions he has blockers courtesy of Xavier. Emma has also mind raped him in her first appearance UXM #129 I believe.
Yes I read it and again he only got it in civil war. He stated it in civil war and acted as if it was a new thing he had recieved. astonishing x-men is not running on the same time frame there actaully behind in the time line.

ultimate x-men is not 616 so that does not matter.

it just odd that all of a sudden logan a guy known to being TP resistant gets mind raped easily when a new author who stated he has no idea how to write him takes over. It just seems odd maybe I am beeing silly here, but it just does not sit right.

xmarksthespot
Multiple writers using multiple telepaths over 20 years have shown him susceptible to telepathy.

Cassandra Nova was never depicted as even trying to control him. Cassandra Nova = Xavier > any telepathic resistance Wolverine may have.

Wolverine received psy-blocks courtesy of ordinary human Xavier, during Civil War? Yeah that makes sense.

UXM is Uncanny X-Men.

capt it up
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Multiple writers using multiple telepaths over 20 years have shown him susceptible to telepathy.

Cassandra Nova was never depicted as even trying to control him. Cassandra Nova = Xavier > any telepathic resistance Wolverine may have.

Wolverine received psy-blocks courtesy of ordinary human Xavier, during Civil War? Yeah that makes sense.

UXM is Uncanny X-Men.
oh uxm I thought they ment ultimate x-men.

Actually she tried it in new x-men and he simply turned animal, actaully over the 20 years they have shown him to be extremely resistent to TP. The only real run that has shown him hm ever to be easily taken over by tp is astinishing. Most every other time he has been attack by TP the TP user has ton's of trouble trying to control him. Xavier is the only one that has ever shown to easily take enter his mind and take it over and even he doen ti once maybe twice. There may have been some rare ocassions of TP easily working however there are for more times were it did nto work or too lot of effort.

capt it up
Also why does xavier givng him TP blocker not make sense? You don't need to be a TP to give one to some one.

xmarksthespot
Occam's razor.

oh uxm I thought they ment ultimate x-men.

Actually she tried it in new x-men and he simply turned animal,I've seen it. There's no indication of any telepathic attack. And even if he magically overcame a telepathic attack that was never depicted in the first place that would be PIS - Cassandra Nova does not only equal Xavier as his mummudrai she's ruthless and insane and therefore superior to Xavier.

Other than this non-instance, there's what? That one instance by Jean trying to make him love Viper or something. Pft.
actaully over the 20 years they have shown him to be extremely resistent to TP. The only real run that has shown him hm ever to be easily taken over by tp is astinishing. Most every other time he has been attack by TP the TP user has ton's of trou ble trying to control him. Xavier is the only one that has ever shown to easily take enter his mind and take it over and even he doen ti once maybe twice Telepaths don't need to control a mind to destroy it, besides.

Just a few instances off the top of my head.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4349/psywolveyw4.th.jpghttp://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8213/psywolve2ui8.th.jpghttp://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8665/psywolve3dy1.th.jpghttp://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8937/32hn2.th.jpghttp://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5086/d05az1.th.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/emmaff.jpg
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/485/xmenv208721rougheruu8.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4694/houseofm04page20cp5.th.jpghttp://img475.imageshack.us/img475/4033/29kd3.th.jpghttp://img102.imageshack.us/img102/916/wolverineorigins005006gd1.th.jpg

Not including any Astonishing X-Men. She can likely just make him orgasm to death.

There's never been a number level system for telepaths as far as I know. Single arbitrary statement, with no grounds.

capt it up
My problems not with damaging him it with mind controlling him. Damaging his mind I have no problem witnh TP being able to cause him pain through TP. How ever my problem lies with the fact that in astinishing x-men he easily being mind control when that has never once been an ease thing for a telepth of any kind to accompish. Besides astonishing x-men when has wolverien ever been easily mind controlled? That would be pritty much never. Betts failed, nova fail, jean failed, tylor failed, master mind was able to accomplish it after lot of effort while being back by pheniox and even then logan had to be weaken first. His TP strength against mind control via TP has always been extremely strong however all of a sudden in astonishing x-men he easily mind controlled just does nto sit right with me and it may be due to bias, but I not sure it is.

capt it up
Any ways how well would the TP blockers work?

ExodusCloak
Yes I read it and again he only got it in civil war. He stated it in civil war and acted as if it was a new thing he had recieved. astonishing x-men is not running on the same time frame there actaully behind in the time line.

ultimate x-men is not 616 so that does not matter.

it just odd that all of a sudden logan a guy known to being TP resistant gets mind raped easily when a new author who stated he has no idea how to write him takes over. It just seems odd maybe I am beeing silly here, but it just does not sit right.

Nope...Xavier was powerless during Civil War, he's always had Level 9 Psi-Shields...courtesy of Charles Xavier.

See for yourself.
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8040/wolverine46017tg1.jpg

Actually AXM is set some time in the future Post-Civil War and Post-Phoenix Warsong. I believe the new issue of New X-Men have just caught up to the AXM timeline.(Remember Scott has no visor)

UXM = Uncanny X-Men

Joss IMO wrote an exceptional Wolverine in the latest issue of AXM.

Emma has bested Wolvey every single time she's used her powers against him.(See scans from X's post)

As for TP-Blockers...here's Emma bypassing O.N.E's telepathic blockers

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2623/emma35qj.jpg

AXM Occurences:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/8329/max0052kc9.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5060/untitledscanned06fn1.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7130/untitledscanned11ig0.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
How would a telepath breach a tp shield? Just by overpowering it? If that's the case, I think Magneto would be able to do it. He may be a terrible telepath but surely he could just crank it up until his crappy telepathy at 11.

Jyppe
astonishing x-men is not running on the same time frame there actaully behind in the time line.

where do you base this?

srankmissingnin
Nope...Xavier was powerless during Civil War, he's always had Level 9 Psi-Shields...courtesy of Charles Xavier.

See for yourself.
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8040/wolverine46017tg1.jpg

Actually AXM is set some time in the future Post-Civil War and Post-Phoenix Warsong. I believe the new issue of New X-Men have just caught up to the AXM timeline.(Remember Scott has no visor)

UXM = Uncanny X-Men

Joss IMO wrote an exceptional Wolverine in the latest issue of AXM.

Emma has bested Wolvey every single time she's used her powers against him.(See scans from X's post)

As for TP-Blockers...here's Emma bypassing O.N.E's telepathic blockers

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2623/emma35qj.jpg

AXM Occurences:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/8329/max0052kc9.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5060/untitledscanned06fn1.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7130/untitledscanned11ig0.jpg

If he always had blockers, why on Earth would he bother mentioning it to Emma? She would obviously know about it. They are recent add-ons, ones that don't fit in with continuity since Xavier is no longer a mutant, but recent none the less. If it makes you feel better assume that writer meant "level 9 blockers courtesy of AIM/SHIELD/HAND". Since he did have blockers installed during EotS... and it seems unlikely that they would disappear on their own accord. Despite the writer's inaccuracy Wolverine's level 9 PSI dampeners are a new feature that he never had before.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If he always had blockers, why on Earth would he bother mentioning it to Emma? She would obviously know about it. They are recent add-ons, ones that don't fit in with continuity since Xavier is no longer a mutant, but recent none the less. If it makes you feel better assume that writer meant "level 9 blockers courtesy of AIM/SHIELD/HAND". Since he did have blockers installed during EotS... and it seems unlikely that they would disappear on their own accord. Despite the writer's inaccuracy Wolverine's level 9 PSI dampeners are a new feature that he never had before.

Firstly whether the blockers are new or old doesn't really matter...since AXM #15 and Wolverine Origins #5 occur after the EotS arc as does the Deadly Genesis #2(Bypassing ONE's Telepathic Blockers). Not to mention the fact that if we go by off hand comments in that same issue Emma is refered to as a Level 10. So either way against a so called "Level 10" telepath Wolvey's blockers are going down.

Secondly the writer goes on a limb to say Xavier installed "Level 9 Psi Shields" as opposed to telepathic blockers. Which also could be interpreted as a some sort of permanent psi-feat performed by Xavier. And it's not some type of machinery.

Thirdly...can we really assume he still has those Psi Dampeners ll in his head when SHIELD had him on the operating table at the end of EotS? Because to this day Telepaths are still able to locate his whereabouts on the battlefield. If there was a machine still lodged in his head then this wouldn't be possible. Also after that recent SUPER HEALING feat he performed where he regrew his entire body back...any machinery in his head that was present before wouldn't be there today. Logically and going by the dialogue in the issue itself...he has always had these "Level 9 Psi Shields".

Also a possible reason why he mentioned this to Emma could be as a reminder...or just trash talk...in any event from her response she looked like she couldn't care any less.

srankmissingnin
Firstly whether the blockers are new or old doesn't really matter...since AXM #15 and Wolverine Origins #5 occur after the EotS arc as does the Deadly Genesis #2(Bypassing ONE's Telepathic Blockers). Not to mention the fact that if we go by off hand comments in that same issue Emma is refered to as a Level 10. So either way against a so called "Level 10" telepath Wolvey's blockers are going down.

Secondly the writer goes on a limb to say Xavier installed "Level 9 Psi Shields" as opposed to telepathic blockers. Which also could be interpreted as a some sort of permanent psi-feat performed by Xavier. And it's not some type of machinery. Wolverine has been appearing in his Astonishing costume for a long while now, and Colossus has been hovering about too... the X-Man that dies in the Unstopable arc might launch the series a head in contiunity but as it stands now it isn't a head of the normal marvel continuity nor is it running congruint with it.

Thirdly...can we really assume he still has those Psi dampeners are still in his head when SHIELD had him on the operating table at the end of EotS? Because to this day Telepaths are still able to locate his whereabouts on the battlefield. If there was a machine still lodged in his head then this wouldn't be possible. In any event after that recent SUPER HEALING feat he performed where he regrew his entire body back...any type of machinery in his head present before wouldn't be there today. Logically and going by the dialogue in the issue itself...he has always had these "Level 9 Psi Shields".

Also a possible reason why he mentioned this to Emma could be as a reminder...or just trash talk...in any event from her response she looked like she couldn't care any less.

Telepathic communication and telepathic manipulation/suggestion are two separate and different things. Elektra was communicating with Wolverine telepathically in EotS for example but she was unable exert any influence on him or read anything in his mind that wasn't on the surface. So, Emma communicating with Logan in Origin's isn't relevant and I'm almost 100% positive that the X-Men editor said that AXM was taking place before all the other X-Titles in one of the Joe Friday articles on Newsarama. Also Wolverine has been appearing in his Astonishing costume for a long while now, and Colossus has been hovering about too... the X-Man that dies in the Unstopable arc might forcably launch the series a head in contiunity but as it stands now I don't think it is a head of the normal marvel contiuity nor is it running congruint with it

On a separate note we don't know whether PSI blockers/shields/dampeners/whatever you want to call them are mechanical in nature. I always thought they created by physic conditioning and a series of physic barriers set up in the applicants mind.

Anyway in spite of the writers continuity error, these PSI-Shields are a new add-on for Wolverine. They have never been mentioned before and I'd wager a guess that if he had any sort of PSI dampeners (aside from natural resistance) a second rate telepath like Mr. X might have found it difficult to read Wolverine's mind.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Telepathic communication and telepathic manipulation/suggestion are two separate and different things. Elektra was communicating with Wolverine telepathically in EotS for example but she was unable exert any influence on him or read anything in his mind that wasn't on the surface. So, Emma communicating with Logan in Origin's isn't relevant and I'm almost 100% positive that the X-Men editor said that AXM was taking place before all the other X-Titles in one of the Joe Friday articles on Newsarama.

On a separate note we don't know whether PSI blockers/shields/dampeners/whatever you want to call them are mechanical in nature. I always thought they created by physic conditioning and a series of physic barriers set up in the applicants mind.

Anyway in spite of the writers continuity error, these PSI-Shields are a new add-on for Wolverine. They have never been mentioned before and I'd wager a guess that if he had any sort of PSI dampeners (aside from natural resistance) a second rate telepath like Mr. X might have found it difficult to read Wolverine's mind.

It wasn't just telepathic communication in Origins...it was a some sort of sensation in their heads.
The AXM Torn Arc is set sometime in the near future after Civil War and Warsong where Cyclops is without a visor...the New X-Men #37 issue involving Blindfold will deal with the AXM teams absence. The other X-Men books still have to deal with Emma's lapse/betrayl as well. I'll try and find the Quesada's interview.

Do you have an example like this? In New X-men(Strykers blockers) and Deadly Genesis(O.N.E's blockers) telepathic blockers were expressed as mechanical devices. Heck IronMans, Doom and The Fantastic Fours telepathic blockers are machinery. Magneto himself is a telepath.
The entire X-Men roster has had psychic conditioning and training against telepathic mind control. Psychic barriers as in something Xavier could perform? Again if we go by this then Xavier could have installed it a long time ago when he still had his powers. Meaning everything makes logical sense and fits into continuity perfectly.

In EotS the blockers were cloaking his location...to this day they are able to locate him.

Wolverine has always had some sort of resistance to telepathy. The blockers itself would explain this resistance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.