Gun Crime South London

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Libertine
Shootings almost daily. What is going on?

http://www.itv.com/news/2f428640e50306bcb285f141c93412d6.html

TRH
Religon

soin2cal
Gosh i honestly thought all this was beginning to calm down down there.

TRH
Originally posted by soin2cal
Gosh i honestly thought all this was beginning to calm down down there. abolish islam and it might

soin2cal
Wll it appears to be getting worse and they just arent worth a thing!

The Libertine
It's got nothing to do with Islam, these are gangs and youths mainly. Yardies and Yardie wannabes.

WrathfulDwarf
jawdrop

Rogue Jedi
ok, i am not from london, obviously, so bear with me, educate me here. the police in london are unarmed, yes or no?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
ok, i am not from london, obviously, so bear with me, educate me here. the police in london are unarmed, yes or no?

Yes. As a result we have much less casualties as a result of guns than the States do. I'd rather not increase it by giving the police guns, personally.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yes. As a result we have much less casualties as a result of guns than the States do. I'd rather not increase it by giving the police guns, personally.

-AC
appreciate that, thanx. another question. here in the states, we have gun shops everywhere. anyone who is not a felon can get a frigging gun. whats the policy there on civilians having guns? is it prohibited? if not, can a civilian own a rifle? shotgun?

homer2.0
i didn't even know there was gangs in london

Rogue Jedi
heres another question. whats the gang situation there? how out of control is it? is it as bad as in the states?

Morgoths_Wrath
L.A. is pretty bad

I didn't know London had a big crime problem. I thought it was pretty safe...relative to global cities anyway.

Rogue Jedi
i knew crime was an issue there, i am just trying to learn more about it. anyone from the UK feel free to show me the ropes.

Alpha Centauri
Crime will never be as massively fatal based on the fact that guns aren't legal here.

Gangs pretty much differ anywhere.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
as far as guns not being legal, can a person own a hunting rifle? is it all guns or just certain kinds?

Marxman
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC Aren't they given gun in certain situations though? Like in the States we have the S.W.A.T. team and such for high risk situations, but in England they're just given a firearm for those high risk situations?

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
as far as guns not being legal, can a person own a hunting rifle? is it all guns or just certain kinds?

the internet is at your disposal. I'm sure you can find some info if you do some research

Rogue Jedi
why waste time doing that when there are people here to tell me? that way i can have a conversation while i learn.

Morgoths_Wrath
fair enough

Rogue Jedi
also, lets say someone from the UK answers me. they live there, they are not an unreliable website.

vintageSW77
in Manchester and London gangs of black youths are shooting each other
and despite a moderator of this forum recently claiming there isnt a crime problem in Manchester we currently have armed police patroling the streets

there is a problem
and its the inner city black youths
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6363713.stm

if it was happening in one place fine
but it isnt
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4292809.stm

**** em

Rogue Jedi
interesting.

Maestro
Put it this way, never go out on your own at night in certain parts of the big cities like London, Manchester, Birmingham etc, you can get into so much shit its unbelievable from experience, its worse if your female. Though its a universal concept most cities having bad areas, but there pretty bad for developed countries.

grey fox
Originally posted by Maestro
Put it this way, never go out on your own at night in certain parts of the big cities like London, Manchester, Birmingham etc, you can get into so much shit its unbelievable from experience, its worse if your female. Though its a universal concept most cities having bad areas, but there pretty bad for developed countries.

Too true , when I go up London I have at least 3 friends with me so we look large enough that any prospective 'gangs' wont view as worth their time.

Les yeux clos
I currently live in New Cross, just down the road from Peckham, supposedly one of the main hotspots for gangs, but haven't had any problems, despite being out at night by myself on a fair few occasions. I guess it just depends on your circumstances.

Maestro
I read something in the sun newspaper the other day (yes they write alot of bs, but this is a true story as there are sources). Basically a 61 year old guy got onto a train somewhere in London and slightly touched some youth when he was walking to sit down. A second later one of the youths accused the guy of "brushing past him". They then shouted, "Who you looking at?" then jumped him and started kicking and punching him while he was on the floor. They then hurled him off a platform causing his head to split open. All that just for something so small, though don't be surprised, as its everday occurence when you live in certain parts of England.

grey fox
I read something in the sun newspaper the other day (yes they write alot of bs, but this is a true story as there are sources). Basically a 61 year old guy got onto a train somewhere in London and slightly touched some youth when he was walking to sit down. A second later one of the youths accused the guy of "brushing past him". They then shouted, "Who you looking at?" then jumped him and started kicking and punching him while he was on the floor. They then hurled him off a platform causing his head to split open. All that just for something so small, though don't be surprised, as its everday occurence when you live in certain parts of England.

Thats because their hoodie/chav scum who need to be shot on sight.

Maestro
Originally posted by grey fox
Thats because their hoodie/chav scum who need to be shot on sight.

Yea unfortuantely there's a law preventing a culling.

TRH
oops I thought you said south lebanon...oops

grey fox
Yea unfortuantely there's a law preventing a culling.

Screw a culling , i'm thinking Genocide my friend, G-E-N-O-C-I-D-E !

Marxman
I read something in the sun newspaper the other day (yes they write alot of bs, but this is a true story as there are sources). Basically a 61 year old guy got onto a train somewhere in London and slightly touched some youth when he was walking to sit down. A second later one of the youths accused the guy of "brushing past him". They then shouted, "Who you looking at?" then jumped him and started kicking and punching him while he was on the floor. They then hurled him off a platform causing his head to split open. All that just for something so small, though don't be surprised, as its everday occurence when you live in certain parts of England. Its like Clockwork Orange.

Maestro
Originally posted by Marxman
Its like Clockwork Orange.

Yea apart from the obvious chromosome differences.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Les yeux clos
I currently live in New Cross, just down the road from Peckham, supposedly one of the main hotspots for gangs, but haven't had any problems, despite being out at night by myself on a fair few occasions. I guess it just depends on your circumstances.
Yes, you're probably at Goldsmiths, Greenwich or Southbank and don't go onto the Pepys estate, hang around Fordham park at night or wander round the Milton Court Tower! All dangerous places in or near New Cross.

- FO!!

Ushgarak
As far as police and guns are concerned- London has an armed response unit to respond to particularly violent incidents; other forces sometimes maintain something similar. All police forces can be armed at the discretion of their Chief Constable, however, only police who have undergone very specific and special training with firearms can carry them- way beyond that of the average police officer in western society- and carrying a gun cannot be imposed upon a police officer; he can refuse it.

There is, of course, gun crime in Britain but it's not a huge issue; certainly a tiny proportion of, say, the US.

Nice attempt to try and pass off a two year old link as being concurrent with one from this week, vintage. I also don't believe anyone ever said there was no crime problem in Manchester. There is a crime problem everywhere. What is true is that these problems are routinely massively exaggerated, by means of hysteria and hyperbole (as was so with those riots), and blame placed upon race rather than social situation.

Let's not lose perspective here. Gun crime in the UK is a. very low and b. falling.

vintageSW77
i didnt check the date

sorry to point out the obv but the US is a lot bigger than blighty
and it is about race as its always in heavily populated innercity black areas that gun crime is going down.......theres no media hype this time round
seen it first hand

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Screw a culling , i'm thinking Genocide my friend, G-E-N-O-C-I-D-E !

I know how you feel.

Originally posted by Ushgarak

Let's not lose perspective here. Gun crime in the UK is a. very low

Well compared to America.

Originally posted by Ushgarak

and b. falling.

I hope so. I never used to be able to get on the Bus and hear somebody saying "such and such got shot." Just down the road a while back somebody was asking me if I had a gun.

To be quite honest I think stuff in the news is just the media causing hysteria. Compared to the London gangs of the early 90s gun crime has increased by a huge amount, but at the present time it has not got out of hand. Most of the guns that people can get are pretty rubbish anyway, they are replicas and can sometimes blow up in your hand or simply not work. At the moment serious guns are not common.

vintageSW77
ive lived in Manchester all my life
in the mid 90s i went to a lot of parties in Moss Side/Hulme at the height of the first wave of GUNCHESTER as it was named and ive seen guns being waved about over ridiculous things like someone standing on someones foot or a wrong look
ive moved on since then but now my nephews are seeing the same thing
theres a couple of white kids involved but unfortunatley the gun crime prob in town is with black teenage guys
sad
but its a fact
orig it was down to drug dealing but now its a ****ing fashion accessory and instead of 20 plus dudes its kids

Alfheim
Originally posted by vintageSW77
ive lived in Manchester all my life
in the mid 90s i went to a lot of parties in Moss Side/Hulme at the height of the first wave of GUNCHESTER as it was named and ive seen guns being waved about over ridiculous things like someone standing on someones foot or a wrong look
ive moved on since then but now my nephews are seeing the same thing
theres a couple of white kids involved but unfortunatley the gun crime prob in town is with black teenage guys
sad
but its a fact
orig it was down to drug dealing but now its a ****ing fashion accessory and instead of 20 plus dudes its kids

Yeah well remember im from London...in the early 90s guns were extremely rare. Thats why Manchester has the nickname Gunchester. Yes and to be quite frank because im black...and tall....ive got more chance of being shot than somebody who is white.

I dont think in London its got that bad...yet, but as soon as I get the chance im getting the **** out of here.

Gune crime as far as I know is mostly done by black youths, but ive noticed that everbody seems to want to copy them.

vintageSW77
ive always been against blaming something from popular culture on crime be it movies etc but rap music post 1991 is a factor with todays problems on the streets
they are living the Hip Hop lifestyle totally
substituting south central for the Moss

Alfheim
Originally posted by vintageSW77
ive always been against blaming something from popular culture on crime be it movies etc but rap music post 1991 is a factor with todays problems on the streets
they are living the Hip Hop lifestyle totally
substituting south central for the Moss

I wont ****ing disagree with any of that! Thats telling it like it is. Its not like even some of these kids are living in real poverty, they just want the guns because its cool. Its all a load of ****ing BS. mad

I hope something in Londons going to be done before it gets too bad. Its just getting insane, if you dont want to worry about getting blown up by terrorists now I got to worry about getting shot by the police or thugs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.