Wolverine Vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
Who would win?

Metalmanx
What are the stipulations here? I mean, where do they fight? Is a KO enough for a win? What about equipment for both sides?

Just more information please. smile

LORDSIDIOUS01
Who cares where they fight. Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter about equipment either. Logan slices and dices T'Challa in half.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Who cares where they fight. Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter about equipment either. Logan slices and dices T'Challa in half.

And if Black Panther had the ebony blade?

SpunkySmurph
Use the Search

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316061&highlight=title%3A%28wolverine+vs.+black+panther%29

Blaxican
Woudl Wolverine's claws even be able to penetrate BP's Vibranium armor?

guy222
Originally posted by Metalmanx
And if Black Panther had the ebony blade?

Howlett easily kills Panther. He's good. He likes Ororo. Not beating Wolverine.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Blaxican
Woudl Wolverine's claws even be able to penetrate BP's Vibranium armor?

Technically, no. Not in a straightforward "stabbing" motion. The vibranium's momentum-sapping ability would take care of that. But a slicing motion ALONG the grain, then yes.

srankmissingnin
Some guy cut through USAgent's solid Vibranum shield with a simple adamantium knife... and that think was a hell of a lot more durable then Vibranium micro-weave.

braz
Technically, no. Not in a straightforward "stabbing" motion. The vibranium's momentum-sapping ability would take care of that. But a slicing motion ALONG the grain, then yes.

does Wolverine know where the grain or the seams are? i mean, has he even ever fought Black Panther and been shown to tear off his vibranium mesh armor..?

braz
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Some guy cut through USAgent's solid Vibranum shield with a simple adamantium knife... and that think was a hell of a lot more durable then Vibranium micro-weave.

Wolverine wins.

Metalmanx

Really? How did that happen? blink

Honestly, that doesn't really make any sense. erm

srankmissingnin
Really? How did that happen? blink

Honestly, that doesn't really make any sense. erm

Vibranium absorbs mechanical energy, Adamantium cuts through shit... try not to think about it too much, you'll never come up with anything that makes sense.

Metalmanx
Vibranium absorbs mechanical energy, Adamantium cuts through shit... try not to think about it too much, you'll never come up with anything that makes sense.

Who did the cutting?

Space M ummy
Who did the cutting?

Doesn't matter. Panther has anti-metal claws. Anti Metal (antarctic vibranium) will liquify adamantium. There go wolverine's claws.

Without his claws, wolverine is left trying to punch a man with a vibranium suit, who can peel his skull open like a grapefruit.

Panther well written will wreck wolverine.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Doesn't matter. Panther has anti-metal claws. Anti Metal (antarctic vibranium) will liquify adamantium. There go wolverine's claws.

Without his claws, wolverine is left trying to punch a man with a vibranium suit, who can peel his skull open like a grapefruit.

Panther well written will wreck wolverine.

Not really.

He doesn't have the speed or the skill to touch Wolverine with his claws before he's gutted like a fish.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Not really.

He doesn't have the speed or the skill to touch Wolverine with his claws before he's gutted like a fish.

yes, he does. thanks to the heart shaped herb, Panther's physical stats are exactly the same as captain america's- peak human strength, endurance, speed, etc.

His fighting skills are no joke either. He's easily Wolverine's level.

srankmissingnin
Anti metal isn't part of Panther's standard gear. Also Wolverine's bones are adamantium beta which is partially organic, so who can say what the effects of Antartic Vibranium would have on them?

Metalmanx
Not really.

While we usually agree on most fights here, I must definitely disagree with you here.

Panther is PLENTY fast enough and PLENTY skilled enough to tag/attack/damage Wolverine. Wolverine can do the same to BP, too.

I also seem to recall when Panther moved so fast that Wolverine was both shocked (with the comment , "Woah! Fast!"wink and unable to react in time to do anything to him.

Just saying.

Metalmanx
Anti metal isn't part of Panther's standard gear. Also Wolverine's bones are adamantium beta which is partially organic, so who can say what the effects of Antartic Vibranium would have on them?

You sure about that? I'm under the assumption that anti-metal claws are indeed part of his normal gear. Ze claws on his hands, yah?

srankmissingnin
I also seem to recall when Panther moved so fast that Wolverine was both shocked (with the comment , "Woah! Fast!"wink and unable to react in time to do anything to him.

Wolverine's whiteness was just slowing him down. wink

SpunkySmurph
yes, he does. thanks to the heart shaped herb, Panther's physical stats are exactly the same as captain america's- peak human strength, endurance, speed, etc. And Wolverine's are better

His fighting skills are no joke either. He's easily Wolverine's level.

No. Wolverine, Captain America, Batman, are all top tier combatants when it comes to skill.

Then its people like Daredevil and Nightwing.

Black Panther's about a rung below them.

srankmissingnin
Pretty sure Anti-Metal claws where only part of the stealth suit he used to fight Ironman,

Metalmanx
Wolverine's whiteness was just slowing him down. wink

I recall this being a couple of years (or so) ago, before Hudlin got a hold of Panther.

Metalmanx
Pretty sure Anti-Metal claws where only part of the stealth suit he used to fight Ironman,

No, I've seen him use them before, with his normal suit. Can't tell you where off the top of my mind, I've just seen the fights before.

Metalmanx
And Wolverine's are better

No. Wolverine, Captain America, Batman, are all top tier combatants when it comes to skill.

Panther is DEFINITELY on DD's and Nightwing's level.

SpunkySmurph
While we usually agree on most fights here, I must definitely disagree with you here.

Panther is PLENTY fast enough and PLENTY skilled enough to tag/attack/damage Wolverine. Wolverine can do the same to BP, too.

No. On a general basis, Wolverine's speed is portrayed as enhanced human, while BP is peak human. Also, Wolverine has the definite skill advantage here.

srankmissingnin
I recall this being a couple of years (or so) ago, before Hudlin got a hold of Panther.

November 05' Black Panther 8 writen by, you guessed it, Reggie!

Space M ummy

nope, standard equipment as far as I know. Regardless, he has them- meaning big problems for wolverine.

Space M ummy
No. On a general basis, Wolverine's speed is portrayed as enhanced human, while BP is peak human. Also, Wolverine has the definite skill advantage here.

From Marvel.com-

Abilities
T'Challa is a brilliant tactician, strategist, scientist, tracker and a master of all forms of unarmed combat whose unique hybrid fighting style incorporates acrobatics and aspects of animal mimicry. T'Challa being a royal descendent of a warrior race is also a master of armed combat, able to use a variety of weapons but prefers unarmed combat. He is a master planner who always thinks several steps ahead and will go to extreme measures to achieve his goals and protect the kingdom of Wakanda.

Saying wolverine has "a definite skill advantage" is a huge stretch. He's been defeated by people far less skilled than panther is.

srankmissingnin
Bat'o'rangs are standard equipment because Batman always has them, anti-metal claws aren't because Panther only has them once in a blue moon. Default rules say standard equipment so he doesn't have them for this fight because the OP didn't state other wise,

Space M ummy
Bat'o'rangs are standard equipment because Batman always has them, anti-metal claws aren't because Panther only has them once in a blue moon. Default rules say standard equipment so he doesn't have them for this fight because the OP didn't state other wise,

Every source I've seen has the anti metal claws built into the suit as standard equipment, even marvel directory, though I hate to quote that as it's frequently out of date.

Weapons: T'Challa's Vibranium micro-weave bodysuit not only stops bullets, but saps their momentum. His boots' Vibranium soles absorb sound and impact -- enabling him to leap from structures up to eight stories tall and land without injury, and literally run up the sides of buildings. The Panther's retractable claws contain a new composite of the experimental "anti-metal" Vibranium that can break down other alloys. T'Challa wields an energy dagger that can be fired, thrown or handled like a knife. At its highest setting, the weapon easily can cut through forged steel.

Show me a source that says the anti metal claws were one time only.

Soljer

Cosigned.

Wolverine:

Is faster.

Is stronger.

is more skilled.

is vastly more durable.

And can pretty much one-hit-kill T'Challa. T'Challa can't say the same.

Bol Gath
and even if the anti-metal claws can cut adamantium which i doubt they would meet wolverines superhumanly hard bone beneath the adamantium.

Apolloknight

Anti metal claws have been apart of panthers gear for years...........years.

And they seperate metal on a molcular level.

Powers
T'Challa's senses and physical attributes have been enhanced to superhuman levels by the heart-shaped herb.
Abilities

Powers
Wolverine is as healthy and physically fit as a man in his prime

Shows how much you know, Ironman built his steatlh suit because he knew his regualar suit would get diced up by panther, read the comic Iron man says something like

"The outter most layer of my armor reacts to your anti-metal claws, sending back a charge that could bring Thor to his knees"

or something to that effect.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6645/bpvsxmen2wa.jpg

Powers
T'Challa's senses and physical attributes have been enhanced to superhuman levels by the heart-shaped herb.
Abilities
T'Challa is a brilliant tactician, strategist, scientist, tracker and a master of all forms of unarmed combat whose unique hybrid fighting style incorporates acrobatics and aspects of animal mimicry

Powers
Wolverine is as healthy and physically fit as a man in his prime

Every time T'challas claws come out, they are anit-metal, what are you talking about!? Are you lost!? confused

Originally posted by Bol Gath
and even if the anti-metal claws can cut adamantium which i doubt they would meet wolverines superhumanly hard bone beneath the adamantium.

Should I waste my time with this............nah............

Soljer
*sigh* Apollo, T'Challa's great.

But he isn't as fast as Wolverine. He isn't as strong. He isn't as skilled. And he can't kill Wolverine with a single swipe. He's going down here.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Soljer
*sigh* Apollo, T'Challa's great.

But he isn't as fast as Wolverine. He isn't as strong. He isn't as skilled. And he can't kill Wolverine with a single swipe. He's going down here.

Don't s"sigh apollo" me, Why isn't he as fast, or as skilled!? prove it. And im not saying he goes down in a single swipe, this is a long fight right here, thanks to wolverines healing factor, and Im thinking wolverine will get through his suit.

But some of the arguments used, jees, you guys haven't provided any evidence that wolverine is physically superior, let alone more skilled.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Don't s"sigh apollo" me, Why isn't he as fast, or as skilled!? prove it. And im not saying he goes down in a single swipe, this is a long fight right here, thanks to wolverines healing factor, and Im thinking wolverine will get through his suit.

But some of the arguments used, jees, you guys haven't provided any evidence that wolverine is physically superior, let alone more skilled.

Jeez, thank god someone else is rational here. the Amount of Wolverine Fanboyism on this board can get insane sometimes.

Wolverine is not faster and stronger than the panther. Panther is an enhanced human, thanks to some kind of magical herb. He's peak human in ALL areas. At BEST they're even in physical attributes, though there's a case to be made that panther has an edge.

Panther's anti-metal claws disrupt adamantium on a molecular level. It doesn't even take much force- the "vibration" from the metal disrupts it on contact. This includes not only wolverine's claws, but also means devastating results for things like his skull, his spine, etc. If panther decides to slice open wolverine's skull (and he can) Wolverine won't be doing too much fighting with no brain.

Without his claws, wolverine is left to resort to punches and kicks against panther. Panther's suit nullifies all impact- wolverine is screwed.

Panther is one of the few people that can turn wolverine's strongest asset (his adamantium) into a liability, and he's Extremely smart. Panther is a super-genius. Wolverine? not so much.

Panther for the Win.

Soljer

Strength.

Show me T'Challa casually jogging through a brick wall with six men on his back. Wolverine's done it.

Show me T'Challa easily hefting a gargantuan shark onto a fishing barge from IN the water. Wolverine's done it.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7230035

Show me T'Challa holding a friggin elevator car. (Note: I know it has nothing to do with lifting strength, but the grip strength to do so is ridiculously impressive, and unless you think Wolverine's strength is totally disproportional...it means something.)
http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolvstrength9ea.jpg

Show me t'challa launching someone with a punch. UNDER WATER;
http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strength21yp.jpg

Show me T'Challa lifting a gargantuan tree trunk. Wolverine's done it.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7230043

Breaking the 'guaranteed unbreakable'
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/1666c64e.jpg

The dumpster feat:
http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anothergoodoldstrengthfeat5sc.jpg
Speed:
http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolverinev1068170in.jpg
http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolverinev1068183cz.jpg

It's been posted a million times, but Wolverine is fast enough to, while guns are TRAINED ON HIM, turn around, rattle off a quip, and slice through all the guns before a single person can pull the trigger.

Here, he speedblitzes a cyborg that had enhanced speed:
http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolverine406ut.jpg

Wolverine deflecting a bullet fired by that same cyborg. With a claw.

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolverine34kf0.jpg

Hmmm;
http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=204brwc7.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=216rb.jpg

Skill:

Stomping Shang Chi? Im sure we don't need to post that again. Note that Panther would get owned hand to hand with Chi.

Coming out on top in his fight against Captain America? Any fight in the past between Cap and T'Challa has either been a stalemate or favored Cap. This one, was clearly the other way round.

Taking on thousands of hand ninjas without them landing a hit (yeah, yeah, inverse ninja law, shaddap).

So, seriously, don't give me shit about what marvel.com may or may not say. T'Challa has no exhibited anything superhuman, even WITH the heart shaped herb, and Wolverine is CLEARLY superior to peak human.

Hercules
This isn't a straightforward walk over for Logan, Panther isn't below DD and Nightwing hand to hand wise, why do people assume he is?

Right back as far as Kirby Panther has been taking it to martial artists hand to hand, Wolverine is not curb stomping Panther by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes the Herb Enhances his strength, agility and senses, he is easily as agile as DD, his sense of smell, hearing and sight not far off Wolverines.

Even without the Panther spirit in his late 80's limited run, when his power seemed to be fading, he took out the Supremists single handed, they even had a Superman knock off on the team, and he used his skill and enviroment to beat them.

The Avengers deemed him a suitable replacement for Cap based on his skills so how come all of a sudden he can't even match Nightwing skill wise?

I would give Logan the nod durability wise all day long, I would even give him the edge in strength as I believe he is stronger than Cap and I would definetly give Logan the experience.

But this is a fight no matter how you look at it, Panther has shocked many opponents with his speed and skill, Logan being among them, I think a lot of people are blinkered now to what Panther can do thanks to a general dislike of Hudlin.

Wolverine one shotting Panther isn't going to happen, Wolverine is a fanboys wet dream, Marvel know it and he just keeps getting upgraded.

I can live with that, I give Logan his props, interesting character with great skill and durability and an insane healing factor but he will have trouble with a guy like Panther.

Logans healing factor may give him a slight majority but I definetly wouldn't go higher than 6/10 Logan and it could just as easily be dead evens in my eyes.

braz
I have thought about the anti-metal issue myself, but I look at it this way, Black Panther when he fought Capt in civil war, it didnt liquefy his chain mail which is mere steel, and those scans above prove that Wolverine is obviously stronger. so technically even if they did liquefy metal, all Wolverine would have to do is dodge a claw swipe or a blow from BP, grab his hand and ram his anti-metal into his suit which, if it would liquefy adamantium, it would liquefy his vibranium micro mesh suit. and Wolverine guts him in the heart. Game over.

Space M ummy
My apologies for taking so long, I'm on dialup at the moment and it sucks.

That being said, this is (obviously) not my panther respect thread, but there's some good stuff in there. the link is here:

link

among some of the VERY cool scans there:

Black Panther vs Iron Fist. This Iron Fist was made psychically unstable and Black Dragon left a hypnotic message in his mind. His every hit was an Iron Fist attack. This is a feat on a multiple levels. One, of course, is martial arts skill. Then, speed/agility as IF doesnt get in a single hit until the very end. Then, a feat of durability as only multiple IF attacks in a row are able to shred the suit. Plus, BP takes him down using a mini device (and then falls down himself). - Black Panther v2 #39

Black Panther defeats some magical enemies (blasts them with his energy daggers, throws a lion through glass and actually stops an elephant with his bare hands). - Black Panther v2 #58

White Tiger's average agility stuff. Naturally, Kasper isn't T'Challa, but I thought I'd still throw it in. Kasper is a rookie narcotics officer and thanks to the herb he can do this stuff (and T'Challa is a chieftain and a warrior who trained since he was a child). - The Crew #2

Black Panther winning vs a physically enhanced Red Skull Avengers v3 #70

1989 Black Panther says that he can break chains, but he is afraid to hurt his mother, so he won't try to break them.

1988 When a woman points a gun at T'Challa, he says he can take the gun, empty the chambers and give it back to her before she can pull the trigger. - Black Panther LS #3

1998 Black Panther's mental training allows him to hide his thoughts from the likes of Cable. - Cable #54

There's a crapload of stuff there- a lot of it highlighting his intelligence and tactical ability (the iron man fight is there, for instance.)
Keep in mind BP isn't a top-tier marvel hero. He doesn't have the popularity or exposure wolverine does, so naturally there's less raw feats. But anyone who says wolverine is clearly superior physically, or can "one shot" black panther is out of his mind.

Hercules

Keep in mind BP isn't a top-tier marvel hero. He doesn't have the popularity or exposure wolverine does, so naturally there's less raw feats. But anyone who says wolverine is clearly superior physically, or can "one shot" black panther is out of his mind.

thumb up

Space Mummy, your link isn't working for me.

EDIT: Ahh you fixed it!

Soljer
My apologies for taking so long, I'm on dialup at the moment and it sucks.

That being said, this is (obviously) not my panther respect thread, but there's some good stuff in there. the link is here:

link

among some of the VERY cool scans there:

Black Panther vs Iron Fist. This Iron Fist was made psychically unstable and Black Dragon left a hypnotic message in his mind. His every hit was an Iron Fist attack. This is a feat on a multiple levels. One, of course, is martial arts skill. Then, speed/agility as IF doesnt get in a single hit until the very end. Then, a feat of durability as only multiple IF attacks in a row are able to shred the suit. Plus, BP takes him down using a mini device (and then falls down himself). - Black Panther v2 #39

Black Panther defeats some magical enemies (blasts them with his energy daggers, throws a lion through glass and actually stops an elephant with his bare hands). - Black Panther v2 #58

White Tiger's average agility stuff. Naturally, Kasper isn't T'Challa, but I thought I'd still throw it in. Kasper is a rookie narcotics officer and thanks to the herb he can do this stuff (and T'Challa is a chieftain and a warrior who trained since he was a child). - The Crew #2

Black Panther winning vs a physically enhanced Red Skull Avengers v3 #70

1989 Black Panther says that he can break chains, but he is afraid to hurt his mother, so he won't try to break them.

1988 When a woman points a gun at T'Challa, he says he can take the gun, empty the chambers and give it back to her before she can pull the trigger. - Black Panther LS #3

1998 Black Panther's mental training allows him to hide his thoughts from the likes of Cable. - Cable #54

There's a crapload of stuff there- a lot of it highlighting his intelligence and tactical ability (the iron man fight is there, for instance.)

I've read it. Multiple times. There isn't a thing to make me think that Wolverine isn't physically T'Challa's superior, and nothing you listed is nearly as impressive as the (notably fewer) scans I posted last page.

Nice try though?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by braz
I have thought about the anti-metal issue myself, but I look at it this way, Black Panther when he fought Capt in civil war, it didnt liquefy his chain mail which is mere steel, and those scans above prove that Wolverine is obviously stronger. so technically even if they did liquefy metal, all Wolverine would have to do is dodge a claw swipe or a blow from BP, grab his hand and ram his anti-metal into his suit which, if it would liquefy adamantium, it would liquefy his vibranium micro mesh suit. and Wolverine guts him in the heart. Game over.

nice thought, but antimetal IS vibranium (though a special type). Vibranium won't liquify vibranium, but it DOES disrupt everything else, including adamantium. this isn't "technically," this is fact.

Wolverine is not "obviously stronger or more skilled" than BP. check some of the scans I linked to, especially the Iron Fist one. There won't be any easy "dodging and grabbing" on wolverine's part.

I didn't read that issue of civil war yet, but unless BP's claws are retractable. unless he was trying to disembowel cap, it's unlikely he'd be using them.

yeah, genius that I was, I screwed it up. smile

Soljer
Errmm, like I said. I've read it.

More than once.

It's a great respect thread - but nothing to prove that T'Challa is on Wolverine's level.

Apolloknight

So, seriously, don't give me shit about what marvel.com may or may not say. T'Challa has no exhibited anything superhuman, even WITH the heart shaped herb, and Wolverine is CLEARLY superior to peak human.

Very nice post, its about time, make me work for it wink But I think I got a little something.

Strength

Panther beats a lion

http://img95.exs.cx/img95/1598/vslion.jpg

Beats a Rhino

http://img67.exs.cx/img67/8618/rh1.jpg
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/5541/rh2.jpg

Breaks the grip of a yeti

http://img25.exs.cx/img25/7543/yeti.jpg

Pushing a giant boulder on Ymir, and swings around a large tree like nothing, hey this trees even on fire.
And notice Vision says, TONS, TONS of rock.

http://img27.exs.cx/img27/8885/ymir0.jpg
http://img56.exs.cx/img56/5203/ymir.jpg

Speed

Dodges the avengers security systems

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/9603/av23.jpg, do you think james could!?

Panthers fights beast, notice how beast says "You are just as agile as I panther" Do you think james is as agile as beast!?

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/7373/vsbeast1.jpg

Panther dodges a blast AND SAVES SCARLET WHICH while beast is hit

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/7468/proje.jpg

Dodges Whirlwind, a speedstar, do you think james could!?

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/4858/wind.jpg

Do to his speed and senses, it is nearly impossible to hit panther with a blast, even a surprise one.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surprise1ry.jpg

Dodges hawkeyes boomerang arrow which has nailed whizzer before

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/8904/arrow.jpg

Panther dodges Irommans blasts and drop kicks him

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/4170/vsironman.jpg

Some agility/leaping, he jumps on top of a Barn Stack.......A barn Stack, how tall are those

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/1660/vsstrange1.jpg

And jumps 3 story's from ground level into a building

http://img113.exs.cx/img113/3866/jump3.jpg

Here he goes through the avengers systems again, the entire avengers team is nailed he isn't tho

http://img76.exs.cx/img76/4230/a119.jpg
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/9039/a217.jpg

Wolverine has some nice feats of speed, alot of them against humans, I decided to try not and post thoes since mercs and ninjas job, and any streetleverler worth his weight can dodge them these days.
As far as skill goes, Panther has dodged the Iron fist with ease, and showed better skill in that fight, Stalemated cap and got the better of him recently in a sparring match. Wolverine beat Panther in the Contest of Champions and BP wasn't even trying and Wolverine was going for the kill. Even still wolverine comments on his speed. heck wolverine tried to sneak him....

http://img73.exs.cx/img73/8647/vswolv1.jpg

Like I said this is a difficult fight to call, wolverines healing factor is the Wild card, but Panthers suit and claws are both hard to get around.

hmmm...

Edit: forgot about this one, evades quicksilver

http://img44.exs.cx/img44/7089/quickie1.jpg

Oh and all these scans are from just the first page of his respect Thread.........

Space M ummy
Errmm, like I said. I've read it.

More than once.

It's a great respect thread - but nothing to prove that T'Challa is on Wolverine's level.

Why not? He's stalemated Cap, so he's on cap's level. He defeated Iron Fist, so he's on Iron Fist's level or better. He's defeated Red skull (who has a cloned body of cap, mind you) so his physical skills are easily peak human or better. But you knew that already, so it's common knowledge.

The scans prove he has superhuman senses and reflexes- even a rookie with NO training at all who took the herb gained advanced skills. Panther has been in training since birth.

we all know what anti-metal does to adamantium. It's common knowlege how vibranium performs vs. Impacts like kicks, punches, and bullets.

But somehow, Wolverine is too much for him. Whatever man, I'm not here to convince fanboys.

Edit: Apollo! GREAT job with those scans. I'm going to have to stop being lazy and start archiving some soon. smile

Hercules

Thats from the very first comic I ever bought! big grin

I have a lot of those issues in those scans, its funny how many feats you forget!

srankmissingnin
Panther hasn't had anti-metal claws since Priest's run... so why are people still considering them part of his standard equipment? confused

The fact that he used to have them is irrelevant.

Apolloknight
Panther hasn't had anti-metal claws since Priest's run... so why are people still considering them part of his standard equipment? confused

The fact that he used to have them is irrelevant.

Priest gave panther, his vibranium suit, energy daggers, anti-metal claws and his kimyno card.

So.............he suddenly just lost this all huh?

Please dont grasp for straws.

srankmissingnin
Priest gave panther, his vibranium suit, energy daggers, anti-metal claws and his kimyno card.

So.............he suddenly just lost this all huh?

Please dont grasp for straws.

So? Taskmaster was given a solid energy generator but he doesn't have it now does he?

Space M ummy
So? Taskmaster was given a solid energy generator but he doesn't have it now does he?

the difference is that Taskmaster has been firmly established NOT to have that anymore.

This isn't the case with panther. Stop nitpicking.

Soljer
Very nice post, its about time, make me work for it wink But I think I got a little something.

Strength

Panther beats a lion

http://img95.exs.cx/img95/1598/vslion.jpg

Beats a Rhino

http://img67.exs.cx/img67/8618/rh1.jpg
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/5541/rh2.jpg

Pushing a giant boulder on Ymir, and swings around a large tree like nothing, hey this trees even on fire.
And notice Vision says, TONS, TONS of rock.

http://img27.exs.cx/img27/8885/ymir0.jpg
http://img56.exs.cx/img56/5203/ymir.jpg

Strength feats. Please. The boulder scan even mentions how it's so 'delicately balanced,' meaning that Panther merely has to slightly push it in one direction or the other. I mean, hell, I could push over an egyptian pyramid if it were balanced on the tip rather than the base.

The lion and rhino feats were more skill than strength. erm.

Still haven't seen anything nearly as impressive as Logan's. Waiting....

Speed

Dodges the avengers security systems

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/9603/av23.jpg, do you think james could!?

Panthers fights beast, notice how beast says "You are just as agile as I panther" Do you think james is as agile as beast!?

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/7373/vsbeast1.jpg

Panther dodges a blast AND SAVES SCARLET WHICH while beast is hit

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/7468/proje.jpg

Dodges Whirlwind, a speedstar, do you think james could!?

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/4858/wind.jpg

Do to his speed and senses, it is nearly impossible to hit panther with a blast, even a surprise one.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surprise1ry.jpg

Dodges hawkeyes boomerang arrow which has nailed whizzer before

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/8904/arrow.jpg

Panther dodges Irommans blasts and drop kicks him

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/4170/vsironman.jpg

Some agility/leaping, he jumps on top of a Barn Stack.......A barn Stack, how tall are those

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/1660/vsstrange1.jpg

And jumps 3 story's from ground level into a building

http://img113.exs.cx/img113/3866/jump3.jpg

Here he goes through the avengers systems again, the entire avengers team is nailed he isn't tho

http://img76.exs.cx/img76/4230/a119.jpg
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/9039/a217.jpg
Nothing beyond Logan. Logan's dodged Iron Man's blasts, he's dodged lasers and bullets. He's jumped at least as high as a sentinel before. He's dodged and nailed speedsters in the past.
*yawn*

Wolverine has some nice feats of speed, alot of them against humans, I decided to try not and post thoes since mercs and ninjas job, and any streetleverler worth his weight can dodge them these days.
As far as skill goes, Panther has dodged the Iron fist with ease, and showed better skill in that fight, Stalemated cap and got the better of him recently in a sparring match. Wolverine beat Panther in the Contest of Champions and BP wasn't even trying and Wolverine was going for the kill. Even still wolverine comments on his speed. heck wolverine tried to sneak him....

http://img73.exs.cx/img73/8647/vswolv1.jpg

Like I said this is a difficult fight to call, wolverines healing factor is the Wild card, but Panthers suit and claws are both hard to get around.

hmmm...

Edit: forgot about this one, evades quicksilver

http://img44.exs.cx/img44/7089/quickie1.jpg

Oh and all these scans are from just the first page of his respect Thread.........

Please, don't use the "Logan's feats are against jobbers" argument just because T'Challa can't match them. It's an ignorant logical fallacy to make.

The best Panther's ever done to cap is stalemate him, or end up on the losing end of the match. Wolverine's beaten Cap on at least one occasion. He's TOTALLY PUNKED Shang Chi in two pages (who is usually regarded as equal to Iron Fist - you know, the guy that knocked panther the **** out?). And he's also beaten a guy that tooled Iron Fist via skill alone.

I also can't even remember the last time I've seen the arctic vibranium claws on panel.

Apolloknight
Strength feats. Please. The boulder scan even mentions how it's so 'delicately balanced,' meaning that Panther merely has to slightly push it in one direction or the other. I mean, hell, I could push over an egyptian pyramid if it were balanced on the tip rather than the base.

The lion and rhino feats were more skill than strength. erm.

Still haven't seen anything nearly as impressive as Logan's. Waiting....

Nothing beyond Logan. Logan's dodged Iron Man's blasts, he's dodged lasers and bullets. He's jumped at least as high as a sentinel before. He's dodged and nailed speedsters in the past.
*yawn*

Please, don't use the "Logan's feats are against jobbers" argument just because T'Challa can't match them. It's an ignorant logical fallacy to make.

The best Panther's ever done to cap is stalemate him, or end up on the losing end of the match. Wolverine's beaten Cap on at least one occasion. He's TOTALLY PUNKED Shang Chi in two pages (who is usually regarded as equal to Iron Fist - you know, the guy that knocked panther the **** out?). And he's also beaten a guy that tooled Iron Fist via skill alone.

I also can't even remember the last time I've seen the arctic vibranium claws on panel.

Wait a minute, you post scans of him dodging bullets from humans, I post scans of BP dodging superhumans, beast said BP is agile as he is, yet its not better then james. no expression

Wolverine even said himself, "Panther is fast" on two seperate occasions....... confused

Im lost.

And Panther has just beat Cap in a sparring match, could wolverine do this

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/Black%20Panther24/blz20.jpg

Or this, catching caps shield off multiple walls and still manages to knock cap on his ass....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BP24/08.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BP24/09.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BP24/10.jpg

Soljer
Wait a minute, you post scans of him dodging bullets from humans, I post scans of BP dodging superhumans, beast said BP is agile as he is, yet its not better then james. no expression

Wolverine even said himself, "Panther is fast" on two seperate occasions....... confused

Im lost.

And Panther has just beat Cap in a sparring match, could wolverine do this

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/Black%20Panther24/blz20.jpg

Or this, catching caps shield off multiple walls and still manages to knock cap on his ass....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BP24/08.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BP24/09.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BP24/10.jpg

Captain America has kept up with beast in agility, and Beast has even acknowledged that Cap is nearly as agile as he is. And Cap's peak human - Wolverine's agility has, too, been enhanced.

Also, if you're gonna post a fight - post the rest. Where it's admitted that Cap was holding tons back, and was even injured before hand, if I recall correctly. That fight means nothing.

Apolloknight

(who is usually regarded as equal to Iron Fist - you know, the guy that knocked panther the **** out?). And he's also beaten a guy that tooled Iron Fist via skill alone.

Did you see the first 8 scans of the Iron fist fight, oh no, your one of those that go by only the last scans and care not the stipulations of that fight.

So sad.

Edit here is my post from the BP vs IF thread

Here, I will post the entire fight, because the uniformed logic on this forum is killing me.

Both Panther and Iron fist are being mind controlled to kill one-another, although Panther is struggling to fight it, and eventually breaks it, (thanks to the panther god). Iron fist however is trying to kill him, no if ands or buts, he wants to kill panther. Not fighting the mind controlling at all.

In these first two scans, Panther evades a salvo of Iron fist attacks with ease, WITH FREAKING EASE, WHILE UNDERWATER
Remember, Iron fist every attack is his amped up Super Strong/Fast "Iron Fist" attack. And panther could probably drink tea he is so much faster then it.

http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist.jpg
http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist2.jpg

Here is where the fight should end, but remember, panther is fighting the mind controlling.

He could, have easily, slit his neck with his claws, KO'ed him with energy daggers, snapped his neck, cut off his head, etc etc, but, T'challa, fighting the mind controlling, does, not, instead, he opts to distance himself. Remember, he gets close, while Iron fist is attacking, underwater, and grapples him with his legs.

On this forum, going by the rules, the fight end here, 10/10 in favor of panther, but we will continue.

http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist3.jpg

Here, Iron fist trys to hit him with a car, panther evades and rolls through a bus, where Iron fist, (Very nice speed feat for IF) is waiting on the other side.

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist4.jpg
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist5.jpg

The next scans shows panther landing some more hits, no PIS/CIS going by forum rules, and those palm strikes become claw swipes, IF DEAD again, hell he even manages to put a trash can over IF, but for some reason people doubt BP speed and agility, why people believe he is not one of, if not thee fastest streetlever around is beyond me. Also panther discovers the chip, and realizes IF must have one also, why else would his good friend be fighting him.

http://img55.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img5...age=vsfist6.jpg
http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist7.jpg

So before IF can get out of the dumpster, he disappears, again, and sneaks Danny attempting the hit the radio, he misses, but danny does however search where the chip is, (but it does not come off).

Also, once again going by forum rules, IF is dead right here, why not sneak on danny with a claw swipe, or an energy dagger set to kill.

http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist8.jpg

I believe this is why so many people think IF>T'challa, here IF does get some hits in and Shred's Panthers suit, It should be noted however, IF is still trying to kill Panther, Panther has already fought and got the chip off of him, he no longer is out to fight IF any longer. But these scans are what people go by.

I'm starting to think a few people just don't wanna give panther his props.

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist9.jpg
http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist10.jpg

Finally even after all that punishment panther took, look who falls first, (be if from the strikes panther gave him, exhaustion from the "Iron fist" attack, or the chip or a combination of all three who knows) All I know is when panther took the chip off himself, he didn't pass out.

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist11.jpg

Faster=Panther
Agile=Panther
Stronger=Iron Fist (via chi, out side of that, Panther)
Smarter=Panther (this includes battle and science smarts)
Durability=Panther
Stamina=Panther He fought killmonger for 13 hours straight, plus if Iron fist uses his attack, he will go down even quicker. Plus panther can evade it with eaaaassee (Proven)
Skill=Panther

So, how does danny stomp panther again

Soljer
Did you see the first 8 scans of the Iron fist fight, oh no, your one of those that go by only the last scans and care not the stipulations of that fight.

So sad.

I've read the fight. I own the issue.

Don't you get off pretending like you're better than me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Apolloknight
I've read the fight. I own the issue.

Don't you get off pretending like you're better than me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So why do you think IF greater then BP? BP could of tooled IF and you know it.....If you actually read the comic.

Soljer
So why do you think IF greater then BP? BP could of tooled IF and you know it.....If you actually read the comic.

No. I bought it for the UPC. What the f**k?

Apolloknight

No. I bought it for the UPC. What the f**k?

Didnt answer my question........

Soljer
Didnt answer my question........

Because there is a lack of need.

Apolloknight
Because there is a lack of need.

laughing

Im done, im going to bed for the night, maybe tomorrow you can answer me how you believe IF>Panther when Panther evaded and could have killed IF the ENTIRE fight, Not to mention he didn't land a single hit until the end.

laughing

This was, entertaining......

Soljer
laughing

Im done, im going to bed for the night, maybe tomorrow you can answer me how you believe IF>Panther when Panther evaded and could have killed IF the ENTIRE fight, Not to mention he didn't land a single hit until the end.

laughing

This was, entertaining......

roll eyes (sarcastic)

One, Iron Fist hardly matters as far as this fight is concerned. Wolverine stomped on someone who was Danny Rands VAST superior in hand to hand combat - and could even use the Iron Fist technique himself.

He's also punked Shang Chi with no effort.

As far as IF > Black Panther.

Well...the fact of the matter is, if you'd pick up a SINGLE comic with Danny Rand in it, you'd know that his skills greatly outstrip T'Challa's. Not to mention the fact that he can punch hard enough to break steel girders in half, WITHOUT THE USE of the Iron Fist. Oh, and he can amp his speed via chi to weave in between bullets to mere FRACTIONS of an inch.

jinzin
Captain America has kept up with beast in agility, and Beast has even acknowledged that Cap is nearly as agile as he is. And Cap's peak human - Wolverine's agility has, too, been enhanced.

Also, if you're gonna post a fight - post the rest. Where it's admitted that Cap was holding tons back, and was even injured before hand, if I recall correctly. That fight means nothing.

seriously... I suppose it means nothing that captain america at that point was STILL recovering from the iron man beating he took in civil war.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
roll eyes (sarcastic)

One, Iron Fist hardly matters as far as this fight is concerned. Wolverine stomped on someone who was Danny Rands VAST superior in hand to hand combat - and could even use the Iron Fist technique himself.

He's also punked Shang Chi with no effort.

As far as IF > Black Panther.

Well...the fact of the matter is, if you'd pick up a SINGLE comic with Danny Rand in it, you'd know that his skills greatly outstrip T'Challa's. Not to mention the fact that he can punch hard enough to break steel girders in half, WITHOUT THE USE of the Iron Fist. Oh, and he can amp his speed via chi to weave in between bullets to mere FRACTIONS of an inch.

yeah.... all that and the fact that black panther spent a good portion of his enemy of the state storyline completely FREAKED from the beatdown he recieved at iron fists hands.. well..... erm

tkitna
Hudlin FTW!

Soljer
Originally posted by jinzin
yeah.... all that and the fact that black panther spent a good portion of his enemy of the state storyline completely FREAKED from the beatdown he recieved at iron fists hands.. well..... erm

T'Challa's only hope.

C1nd3r
I got me some magical herbs myself ::PUFFS::

Francisco
Originally posted by jinzin

The beatdown he took because he didn't wanted to kill Iron Fist? It is nice when people complaints about the story not been told in its entirety to then turn thier backs and do the same. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BP takes this fight because even in the days when he was just some acrobat in a cat suit he held his own against an all out Wolverine. Can you imagine what he won't do to Wolverine now that he carries a lot of tech on his Panther suit?

jinzin
Originally posted by Francisco
The beatdown he took because he didn't wanted to kill Iron Fist? It is nice when people complaints about the story not been told in its entirety to then turn thier backs and do the same. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BP takes this fight because even in the days when he was just some acrobat in a cat suit he held his own against an all out Wolverine. Can you imagine what he won't do to Wolverine now that he carries a lot of tech on his Panther suit?

you know. because black panther was actually capible of mounting a decent offensive in that fight.. confused

pffft.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.