This Is England

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vintageSW77
Shane (Dead Man Walking) Meadows new flick
http://www.auat24.dsl.pipex.com/website2/tie.htm

if its anywhere near as good as DMW or Room for Romeo Brass we should be in for a treat

any other Meadows fans on the forum?

jaden101
there sure is

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=339310&highlight=dead+mans+shoes

definitely looking forward to seeing this...dead mans shoes was phenomenal

its been a good year for these kind of UK films...London to Brighton and Red Road were also both brilliant

MildPossession
This Is England is a film I have been looking forwards to a lot, I also enjoyed Dead Mans Shoes. Where did Dead Man Walking come from...

vintageSW77
Originally posted by MildPossession
. Where did Dead Man Walking come from...

whoops

vintageSW77
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny1a7JLdh04

a trailer of sorts

i grew up with Skinheads in a northern town
hence the interest on my part

Solo
Can't wait. That'd be awesome if it got a limited theatrical release in the states. Unlikely, though.

MildPossession
It is getting a limited release over in America, July time, don't know the actual day.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by vintageSW77

This is England

No, THIS IS SPARTA!

rockycairns
Dead Man's Shoes was good

Solo
I plan on seeing it this week.

rockycairns
i doubt it will live up to Dead Man's Shoes

vintageSW77
its been brought forward to April 27th
i doubt the multiplexes will have it on
guess its another visit to my local arthouse cinema again

Solo
Dead Man's Shoes is definitely better. This is England starts off really strong, but ends pretty weak. Still pretty good, though.

MildPossession
Oo for those who loved This Is England, it is getting a sequel, but shown as a four part series on television, called We Were Faces. Shane Meadows is co-writing it.

I can't wait for this.

BruceSkywalker
I watched this the other night...

didn't like it

MildPossession
Why didn't you like This Is England?

BruceSkywalker
just thought it was too boring.. i may re watch it if/when it comes back on though to see if my opinion changes

Discos
it was not too bad, I enjoyed it.

Not as good as other british yob movies. The dude was soo young tho, it just made me not like the character, and the fact the Tommy dude keeps making him his little aprentice just sucked.

Robtard
I enjoyed This is England, so I'll give the sequel a go.

Another older British movie that I greatly enjoy is Bravo Two Zero, though I hear it was originally a four-part series pieced together. Don't know why I'm throwing this out there. Watch it though, has Sean Bean.

MildPossession
Examples of better British 'yob' films?

K.Diddy
smile Can anyone tell me if this is worth watching?

MildPossession
Of course it bloody well is!! and in the autumn, the new mini series I mentioned starts here in Britain with a new title called This Is England '86. With nearly all the same actors and actresses appearing.

RocasAtoll
This is an excellent movie. Stephen Graham became one of my favorite actors after seeing this.

residentevil3D
This Is England is a film I have been looking forwards to watch

Bardock42
Originally posted by K.Diddy
smile Can anyone tell me if this is worth watching?

It is a great movie, I'd suggest it to anyone. Except dadudemon, he doesn't like good things.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Bardock42
It is a great movie, I'd suggest it to anyone. Except dadudemon, he doesn't like good things.

laughing out loud

Mr Parker
Looks like all the links for this movie dont work.

MildPossession
It's not hard to type in This Is England trailer/clips in something like youtube... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.