Comic Superman Vs Cartoon Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
Which one is stronger and more better?

Redatom65
Cartoon Superman could dance with cartoon Darkseid, but he wouldn't be able to dance with comic superman

Evil_Ash
Cartoon Supes can't stand freakin' laser beams...

jasofisc
if it was the early 90's or 80's then they are pretty close (still comic would win) but not the superGOD of now a days. I'm still wondering why they haven't made comic supes a part of the qunticessence.

Redatom65
cartoon superman came out around the time doomsday killed him....about the time he married lois.....mid 90's

Juntai
Originally posted by jasofisc
if it was the early 90's or 80's then they are pretty close (still comic would win) but not the superGOD of now a days. I'm still wondering why they haven't made comic supes a part of the qunticessence. Why would he demote his status like that?
laughing

xmeat
cartoon supes couldn't fly in space without a space suit.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Juntai
Why would he demote his status like that?
laughing

too true too true

Redatom65
another good point

Batman-Prime
I think Animated Superman is more entertaining then current DC Comics Superman IMHO, exceptions, All-Star-Superman or Jim Lees take.
Exceptions exists..... wink

grey fox
Cartoon Supes dies , in an interview the creators stated that they toned down this Clark so that extreme force would kill him.

Redatom65
it makes the character more entertaining

guy222
Originally posted by laser7455
Which one is stronger and more better?

Comic Superman

Hercules
Comic Supes is more powerful but I like Cartoon Superman a lot better.

Making him a little less uber makes him more interesting imo.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Redatom65
it makes the character more entertaining

I couldn't agree more
oh how I hate current supes in comics and love the early post crisis supes right now I would say that current supes beats pre-crisis, why because of T-Vo and a million cabillion years of battle experience that he received in some place. I would make a thread about pre-crisis vs. post (current) crisis but i'm sure the fanboys wont use the same kind of logic they use on the normal threads for current supes.

Bigsmak
Originally posted by jasofisc
I couldn't agree more

You could if you tried.

xmeat
Originally posted by xmeat

Hercules

Funny how he did it, when he was trying to stop the watch towers cannon fireing on earth then huh?

jasofisc
Originally posted by Bigsmak
You could if you tried.

Your right embarrasment I don't know how I can live with the shame

xmeat
Originally posted by Hercules
Funny how he did it, when he was trying to stop the watch towers cannon fireing on earth then huh? how bout when they fought amazo.
Or in the supes cartoon he hade it when he fought the prometheon.

Hercules
how bout when they fought amazo.
Or in the supes cartoon he hade it when he fought the prometheon.

Pre Unlimited, he was doing it in JLU.

xmeat
Pre Unlimited, he was doing it in JLU. they fought amazo in JLU.

Hercules
they fought amazo in JLU.

They fought Amazo the first time in justice league.

They fought Amazo a second time in JLU season one in the episode "The Return" which aired 2004-09-18

Superman flew out of the watch tower (busting a hole in it) and into space with no space suit in the season two episode "Flashpoint" which aired 2005-07-02

xmeat
They fought Amazo the first time in justice league.

They fought Amazo a second time in JLU season one in the episode "The Return" which aired 2004-09-18

Superman flew out of the watch tower (busting a hole in it) and into space with no space suit in the season two episode "Flashpoint" which aired 2005-07-02 supes was holding his breath not sure if he would of done that for long.

Draco69
Cartoon Superman can fly in space. Just not for extended periods. He wears a spacesuit when he's in space for extended periods of time. Like when he was visiting the remnants of Krypton.

He was preparing a defense in space over Earth which took hours. Obviously why the hell would he hold his breath and expend his energy when he can just wear a spacesuit and NOT hold his breath and be at full power.

Hercules
supes was holding his breath not sure if he would of done that for long.

Seriously, apart from the fact it was never stated he was holding his breath and ignoring the fact he screamed when he got hit by the beam (even though that should be impossible in space cause you wouldn't hear it) meaning he had to take a breath and the fact he was knocked unconcious and it takes a concious effort to not breath.

discounting all that and saying "ok he held his breath" you said he couldn't fly in space without a space suit

I said he did fly in space without a space suit and proved it and now your pulling this? roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmeat
Seriously, apart from the fact it was never stated he was holding his breath and ignoring the fact he screamed when he got hit by the beam (even though that should be impossible in space cause you wouldn't hear it) meaning he had to take a breath and the fact he was knocked unconcious and it takes a concious effort to not breath.

discounting all that and saying "ok he held his breath" you said he couldn't fly in space without a space suit

I said he did fly in space without a space suit and proved it and now your pulling this? roll eyes (sarcastic) and i proved him flying i space with a spacesuit.

Hercules
and i proved him flying i space with a spacesuit.

Um no, you said he couldn't fly in space WITHOUT a space suit, I never contested he used one, that wasn't up for debate, the debate was wether he had done it without one.

Oh wait I forgot who I was talking too, your like a dog chasing its tail, determined and stubborn but making yourself look like an idiot.

nevermind...

xmeat
Um no, you said he couldn't fly in space WITHOUT a space suit, I never contested he used one, that wasn't up for debate, the debate was wether he had done it without one.

Oh wait I forgot who I was talking too, your like a dog chasing its tail, determined and stubborn but making yourself look like an idiot.

nevermind... i meant due to loss of air he didn't fly in space without one fanboy.

Hercules
i meant due to loss of air he didn't fly in space without one fanboy.

Yet, you didn't say it, in fact I would wager that until Draco69 mentioned it, it never crossed your mind.

You know something xmeat, on occasion you show signs that you do have comic knowledge, you have actually posted a few interesting topics.

Yet you seem to have this self destructive streak and can't let anything drop.

Ok, I'm a fanboy, fair enough but not a superman one, I would go as so far to say that I am a step beyond mere fanboy.

I am Fan MAN! and fanboy is my faithful sidekick along with fangirl and fandog, we live in the fan cave and I drive a fan mobile.

Doesn't change the fact that your back pedaling as fast as you can, does it?

Don't reply, cause I won't.

Decay
well, a human can survive in space for a very limited time without long term damage being done. i always thought he could last in space longer than a human could, but not forever. flying out to stop the canon was an emergency thing, he wouldnt normally go out there, and if he was out there for too long hed start to suffer the effects. a human would remain concious in space for around 10 seconds, so me could take it maybe a minute or two? who knows.

but yeah, cartoon superman is toned down. they sais they wanted him to be more interesting and have to struggle to do things because its boring when the main character cant be hurt and can pretty much do whatever they want. so they said he could probably be killed by things other than kryptonite.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Decay
well, a human can survive in space for a very limited time without long term damage being done

microseconds thats about it

Hercules
9-11 seconds with SOME DEGREE of consciousness, not enough to set about dismantling a cannon and its not just not being able to breathe you have to worry about.

I'm not debating the emergency, I was the debating the "Couldn't" term, not how long he was out there, etc etc.

Kento
Personally I like Comic Supes better then Cartoon. Not to say I don't like Cartoon Supes, unless its like the Super Friends version, but I prefer him to be stronger, and he's not as goody in like JLU and JL as he is in the comics also.

MattDay
yea i noticed that, he has an attitude, which is really not like superman, he tends to put ideals before his own moods, but not in the cartoon, but he was still a good version of superman, just they made some changes u never really saw coming.

qqqqqqq
cartoon supes wouldn't even dare to kill LL but who likes superdick anyway

spidey-dude
cartoon superman sucks. lots of guys smaller than him where knocking him out. cartoon juggernaut could knock him out easy.

spidey-dude
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9104/superman2smallpt5.jpg

superman is a big pussy in the cartoons. gladiator kicked ass. i like cartoon glad better than the comic.

Symmetric Chaos
The cartoon had a crossover?

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The cartoon had a crossover? no. im just saying juggernaut from the animated series could take out superman from his cartoon series.

dvampire
No he couldn't. Supes even in the cartoon was still tuffer than the Juggs cartoon.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by dvampire
No he couldn't. Supes even in the cartoon was still tuffer than the Juggs cartoon. you saw that war world episode where that little guy was taken out supes easy ? juggernaut could have knocked him out with one punch.

emporerpants
so you don't even know the characters names and what they're fully capable of and yet you're judging how powerful they are....

Redatom65
superman in the last episode of JLU. nuff saidd

spidey-dude
Originally posted by emporerpants
so you don't even know the characters names and what they're fully capable of and yet you're judging how powerful they are.... that dude in the war world episode. hes a big whimp compared to many other characters. i think his name is drega

Redatom65
exactly his name, and might I add that was when the writers and producers unknowingly made their character weaker and a wimp.

spidey-dude
exactly his name, and might I add that was when the writers and producers unknowingly made their character weaker and a wimp. even if they made that dude weaker i mean still superman didnt look like he was the man of still in the cartoon. about every time he got hit it hurt him. in the comics if one guy punches him. no big deal. depends who it is.

Redatom65
they made him better in the second season. keep in mind when that show first came out. War World, being in the first season, they tried to find a good balance and when you got someone like superman on that roster, he stands out. They had to find a balance. The best example of Supermn was the final season of Justice League Unlimited aka justice League season 5. Where he cut loose on a powered up Darkseid

Redatom65
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujnq2D4PtvI

dvampire
Look at this Superman vs. Captain Marvel fight, this is what happens when cartoon Supes unleash!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2BvSqqmidM

Superman vs. Captain Atom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1uS2ztPaCU

Superman vs. Doomsday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doh03LVX7M8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF8_3pM_SM8

Redatom65
th superman captain atom fight is the best, He in all honesty should have won, but then my oy the question mighta not gotten out alive

Note: Question isn't my favorite character, but he's in the top 5 yes

spidey-dude
they made him better in the second season. keep in mind when that show first came out. War World, being in the first season, they tried to find a good balance and when you got someone like superman on that roster, he stands out. They had to find a balance. The best example of Supermn was the final season of Justice League Unlimited aka justice League season 5. Where he cut loose on a powered up Darkseid superman sucked in the last season as well. admit it dude they screwed him up in the cartoon. the xmen animated series was cool. i like magneto better in the cartoon series than the comic.

Redatom65
the x-men animated series got bad. Not that it's the producers fault. marvel was going bank-rupt at this time. Considering that the entire universe was weakened he was till bada$s, I love comic supes more. But I need to give credit where credit is due. And JLU Superman wasn't that bad

spidey-dude
the x-men animated series got bad. Not that it's the producers fault. marvel was going bank-rupt at this time. Considering that the entire universe was weakened he was till bada$s, I love comic supes more. But I need to give credit where credit is due. And JLU Superman wasn't that bad i liked marvel more in the 90s than today. lots of other comics as well.

Redatom65
i'm merely refering to the fact that the show took a turn for the worse cause marvel went bank rupt. 90's bad era for comics. In terms of sales

spidey-dude
i'm merely refering to the fact that the show took a turn for the worse cause marvel went bank rupt. 90's bad era for comics. In terms of sales your joking ? the comics then made a hell alot more money.

TheEvilHex
cartoon supes couldn't fly in space without a space suit. i was going to say that lol laughing comic supes wins 10/10.

Hercules
Originally posted by spidey-dude
your joking ? the comics then made a hell alot more money.

Yes, cause companies making money, often go bankrupt...

Problem with the 90's was there was just too many titles, and within the titles too many limited edition covers, meaning they were printing way more issues than they were actually selling.

For every copy say Amazing Spiderman sold, they had dozens of copies of such duds, like "Super Pro" or "Cage" or even *cringes* "WCW".

The big titles still sold well but when your producing so many titles each month and only say a dozen titles actually make money, your accounts are not going to balance.

Then of course you had annual crossovers and bi monthly's over the summer, all these comics flooding the market and the market wasn't big enough to cope.

I have comics with the "Marvel checklist" in them for say 91 and if you tried to buy every title on it, even at early 90's prices you would have been spending well in excess of a hundred dollars, considering the market is children and young adults, not many were going to have that much disposable cash.

And even the ones that had, weren't about to be spending it on comics and the people that were Spidey fans, may not be Hulk fan's and they damn sure weren't fans of Super Pro!

So many comics in those days disapeared after 12 issues, sometimes less.

And did we really need 4 Spiderman titles? especially come the summer when at least two of them went bi monthly!

The 90's nearly killed Marvel, all that backed by some truly terrible film franchises, meant they were losing money hand over fist.

spidey-dude
Yes, cause companies making money, often go bankrupt...

Problem with the 90's was there was just too many titles, and within the titles too many limited edition covers, meaning they were printing way more issues than they were actually selling.

For every copy say Amazing Spiderman sold, they had dozens of copies of such duds, like "Super Pro" or "Cage" or even *cringes* "WCW".

The big titles still sold well but when your producing so many titles each month and only say a dozen titles actually make money, your accounts are not going to balance.

Then of course you had annual crossovers and bi monthly's over the summer, all these comics flooding the market and the market wasn't big enough to cope.

I have comics with the "Marvel checklist" in them for say 91 and if you tried to buy every title on it, even at early 90's prices you would have been spending well in excess of a hundred dollars, considering the market is children and young adults, not many were going to have that much disposable cash.

And even the ones that had, weren't about to be spending it on comics and the people that were Spidey fans, may not be Hulk fan's and they damn sure weren't fans of Super Pro!

So many comics in those days disapeared after 12 issues, sometimes less.

And did we really need 4 Spiderman titles? especially come the summer when at least two of them went bi monthly!

The 90's nearly killed Marvel, all that backed by some truly terrible film franchises, meant they were losing money hand over fist. theres more titles today then back then. back then they made more issues for those titles. today they do more series but not that many issues.

Redatom65
Originally posted by spidey-dude
your joking ? the comics then made a hell alot more money.

no it's a fact. by the end of the show. marvel went bankrupt. It's because of people buying comics thinking they were making an investment. And so marvel had to keep printing and printing. then people realised that they weren't worth anythin. And well....Anyway it wasn't until Joe Q. took over marvel recovered. The movies helped too.

spidey-dude
no it's a fact. by the end of the show. marvel went bankrupt. It's because of people buying comics thinking they were making an investment. And so marvel had to keep printing and printing. then people realised that they weren't worth anythin. And well....Anyway it wasn't until Joe Q. took over marvel recovered. The movies helped too. comic book stores was still a little crowded after 1997. and 97 was the last season.

Redatom65
still. marvel filed for bankruptcy because of people trying to strike it rich with comics. And the budjet got pulled back on the last two seasons. :-/

spidey-dude
still. marvel filed for bankruptcy because of people trying to strike it rich with comics. And the budjet got pulled back on the last two seasons. :-/ last 2 seasons everyone enjoyed. i did as well.

Redatom65
everyone i know said the animation went to hell! And it surely did!

spidey-dude
everyone i know said the animation went to hell! And it surely did! evolution was hell. but yes i like the early part of the seasons than the last in the animated series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.