Dr. Doom v Reed Richards (life skills challenge)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
1. Dating.
who's the smoother with women confused

2. Making money.
test their inventiveness, financial acumen, industriousness, psychological strength, marketing/mass psychology skills and organisational and administrative skills.

3. Cult Leadership.
gotta make the people LOVE you, Worship you and follow you into oblivion...

4. Throw down.
hand to hand combat... no rules 'cept for 1) no outside intervention 2) no weapons save for what you normally carry 3) no magic!

5. Raising Hell.
umm, well, gotta father a future world conqueror... who'd be the one to breed the baddest future despot?

oh and just generally, who's the smarter of the two?

TricksterPriest
Doom on all counts. Except for kids. Reed's grandson is Hyperstorm.....messed

King Kandy
Doom wins everything except for number five... Reed Richards children can do anything they want...

LordFear
Doom all the way.

Symmetric Chaos
Doom wins everything except 4

Hercules
LMAO, great topic!

Doom wins 1,2,3 and 4, Reed Takes 5.

Reed would be in with a chance to win number 1 when you consider Sue but shes a bit of a tramp so...

janus77
hey, thanks.

thought I'd find out who was the 'better' man, Mr Fantastic or Dr. Doom.
quite surprised by the consensus on Doom. I thought he lacked humanity and tact (for the ladies and also for marketing/promotions and human resources/talent development in business).

then again, I figured he'd really be methodical and calculating in rearing a future world conqueror... you never know, his DNA may seed something even more awesome than Franklin or Hyperstorm.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by janus77
hey, thanks.

thought I'd find out who was the 'better' man, Mr Fantastic or Dr. Doom.
quite surprised by the consensus on Doom. I thought he lacked humanity and tact (for the ladies and also for marketing/promotions and human resources/talent development in business).

then again, I figured he'd really be methodical and calculating in rearing a future world conqueror... you never know, his DNA may seed something even more awesome than Franklin or Hyperstorm.

Doom is probably a better person than Richards IMO.

TricksterPriest
blink frankly, I can't believe Doom could one-up Hyperstorm. He's got the phoenix force, psi-power greater than Jean Grey w/e the PF, control over the 4 forces of the universe, Franklin's reality warping, and a genius intellect greater than Reed.

The man was stalemating Galactus. GALACTUS. Think about that.

Hercules
Doom turned down the Enchantress, any man who can turn down the Enchantress when she offers herself to you on a plate, is a player.

Either that or Gay, which means Reed, definetly wins number 5!

janus77
rofl, a gay Dr. Doom would explain a lot about the Dooom-Richards dynamic. sexual tension is often at the bottom of any bickering/snarky relationship smile

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Doom is probably a better person than Richards IMO.

lol, guess I'm not the only one to dislike "Mr. Fantastic". Sadly Doom came across as an idiot and comically (!) vain, in the recent movie sad

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
blink frankly, I can't believe Doom could one-up Hyperstorm. He's got the phoenix force, psi-power greater than Jean Grey w/e the PF, control over the 4 forces of the universe, Franklin's reality warping, and a genius intellect greater than Reed.

The man was stalemating Galactus. GALACTUS. Think about that.

but didn't Doom strip Galactus of his powers?
that's resourcefulness on a whole other level, given his human limitations.

imagine him seeding a son by umm, say ... Jean Grey! or ... She-Hulk sick

Symmetric Chaos
lol, guess I'm not the only one to dislike "Mr. Fantastic". Sadly Doom came across as an idiot and comically (!) vain, in the recent movie sad

I have nothing against Reed its just that Doom has turned down rule of the planet and improved the lives of the Latverian people (sort of).

For a villian he shows a ton of heart.

Hercules
I'd hit it (She Hulk that is)

Movie Doom = Worse Doom ever!

janus77
ah,
that doesn't sound very Doom-like, though I have read that he's loved by the Latverian people.

why did he turn down world domination? hasn't that been one of his goals (along with one-uping Reed Richards) forever?

Symmetric Chaos
ah,
that doesn't sound very Doom-like, though I have read that he's loved by the Latverian people.

why did he turn down world domination? hasn't that been one of his goals (along with one-uping Reed Richards) forever?

I think he got bored with it (it was noncanon though)

janus77
Originally posted by Hercules
I'd hit it (She Hulk that is)

Movie Doom = Worse Doom ever!
with what?
she's impervious to most blows ( confused ) ...

Symmetric Chaos
with what?

You are so innocent . . .

Hercules
with what?

There are a few parts of her body that arn't impervious to certain parts of mine...

janus77
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You are so innocent . . .
... or was that The Hulk?

I haven't the faintest idea, what you're on about! smile

janus77
Originally posted by Hercules
There are a few parts of her body that arn't impervious to certain parts of mine...
sounds like you've been poking around ...

I prefer Wonder Woman smile

Hercules
sounds like you've been poking around ...

I prefer Wonder Woman smile

laughing

Nah shes too uptight.

janus77
sigh... she makes me wonder smile

guy222
1. Dating.

2. Making money.
test their inventiveness, financial acumen, industriousness, psychological strength, marketing/mass psychology skills and organisational and administrative skills.

3. Cult Leadership.

4. Throw down.
hand to hand combat... no rules 'cept for 1) no outside intervention 2) no weapons save for what you normally carry 3) no magic!

5. Raising Hell.
umm, well, gotta father a future world conqueror... who'd be the one to breed the baddest future despot?

oh and just generally, who's the smarter of the two?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/guy222_photos/doom_galactus_3-179b58e615.jpg

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/guy222_photos/doom_galactus_3-179b58e615.jpg

Doom=Reed. He is Dr. Doom

Bouboumaster
Number 1: Somes give it to Doom, but hey! Have you seen the chixx with who Reed is? Susan Storm 4 the win.

Number 2: Reed can be financed by Tony Stark. Doom his the head of a country. Doom win.

Number 3: The only dudes who like Doom are his fellow in Latveria. Reed is a pop star in USA. Reed win, via more people in New-York that in Latveria.

Number 4: Reed is ****ed. I mean... by all the holes. Doom wins.

Number 5: If the contest must stay between te two, Doom hands down. Richard would never have the guts to conquer the world.

qqqqqqq
1. Dating.

2. Making money.

3. Cult Leadership.

4. Throw down.

5. Raising Hell.

oh and just generally, who's the smarter of the two? reed takes 1, who will like a guy with a metal face?

Hercules
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
reed takes 1, who will like a guy with a metal face?

Enchantress, you know the Asgardian God of seduction, you would be suprised how a vast personal fortune and political power, make you very attractive to the opposite sex no matter what you look like.

Besides, how many times has Sue walked out on Reed now? Reed is no Don Juan...

endrict
Reed is a Dink when it comes down to this, Doom is the stud here.

Priest
Damm this thread makes reed look bad.

endrict
All the smarts in the world and he needs a marriage counselor confused

janus77
Originally posted by Priest
Damm this thread makes reed look bad.
wasn't my intention, trust! confused

what I don't understand is that Reed Richards is supposed to be smarter than Dr. Doom, isn't he?
in the movie (and in the comics, I think) he's the one who corrects Doom's errors... Doom's more arrogance and ego than actual intellectual ability. or at least that's how it's supposed to be.

seems everybody, more or less, sees Reed as being second fiddle (or at best equal) to Doom confused

Hercules
wasn't my intention, trust! confused

what I don't understand is that Reed Richards is supposed to be smarter than Dr. Doom, isn't he?
in the movie (and in the comics, I think) he's the one who corrects Doom's errors... Doom's more arrogance and ego than actual intellectual ability. or at least that's how it's supposed to be.

seems everybody, more or less, sees Reed as being second fiddle (or at best equal) to Doom confused

You did say life skills though, Reed is smarter than Doom, thats part of why he gets under Doom's skin so much.

But Reed gets so involved in his work and what he does, he isn't the most socialy adjusted person now is he?

Doom runs a country, he has to be a diplomat as well as an evil genius, he can turn on the charm when he needs to and he is much more manipulative than Reed could ever be.

Reed, couldn't even see the signs of his marriage falling apart he was so consumed in what he was doing.

IQ = Reed>>Doom, Life Experience = Doom>>Reed.

Thats really what people are saying. wink

janus77
yeah but IQ is not the same thing as smarts. it's a narrow definition of a set of skills, that can be mapped and gauged easily.

Tolstoy was a genius, but bet he'd have been crap at looking at peas for insights into genetics/heredity...

I think comic book "genius" is too restrictive and frankly it's a weaker form of "intellect" that they venerate. strategic thinking - Doom/Thanos style - always comes out on top. even Batman's got the "playboy billionaire" cover for strategic purposes, why can't Reed think more longterm?

then again, as I said, Doom seems to be more arrogance and gob than performance no expression

Hercules
yeah but IQ is not the same thing as smarts. it's a narrow definition of a set of skills, that can be mapped and gauged easily.

Tolstoy was a genius, but bet he'd have been crap at looking at peas for insights into genetics/heredity...

I think comic book "genius" is too restrictive and frankly it's a weaker form of "intellect" that they venerate. strategic thinking - Doom/Thanos style - always comes out on top. even Batman's got the "playboy billionaire" cover for strategic purposes, why can't Reed think more longterm?

then again, as I said, Doom seems to be more arrogance and gob than performance no expression

So to sum up your post Reed is a nerd wink

Seriously your right, Reed is a white coat scientist type, hes still a pretty good combat leader though but his first love is science and always will be.

Doom is more arrogance and gob than performance but in life the people who get to the top, are arrogant and loud and not nearly as capable as they think they are.

janus77
bah, I was just seriously disappointed with how they made Doom look in the movie sad
... just working through those issues ...

I was expecting some seriously Machiavellian supervillian with a universal vision for conquest and power. what we got was a bozo who couldn't even understand that he'd got seriously awesome superpowers and instead had to go on a rampage against a nerd no expression

what disappoints most in terms of Reed Richards vs Doom, is that Doom's long streak of losses don't seem to teach him to be a little more humble and focussed...

grey fox
Originally posted by guy222

You have a bigger picture ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.