Shatterstar vs. Wrecker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
I remember when Shatterstar was first introduced it was implied somewhere that his mutant power w/sword was powerful enough to kill a god.
I look at Shatterstar as the guy on the team that takes out that one big guy for ya that no one else on the team is able to beat.
I like him as much as some people like Cable. Matter of fact i think Cable is quite fond of him.
I really like that he's connected to another of my fav's Longshot.
Anyhow with god slaying abilities how long do you think the Wrecker will reamain standing.

outarddwarf
Not long. I don't know about Shatterstar being able to kill a god with his sword but I do know that in one comic he managed to damage juggernaut, actually putting out his eye and causeing him to bleed (he healingfactored right back however) so I know wreaker isn't durable enough to take him on.

Wonder Man
Ah yes but that cutting of Juggernaut was just with his amazing combo science/magic sword. He wasn't useing him mutant power at all.
that's what kills gods

guy222
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I remember when Shatterstar was first introduced it was implied somewhere that his mutant power w/sword was powerful enough to kill a god.
I look at Shatterstar as the guy on the team that takes out that one big guy for ya that no one else on the team is able to beat.
I like him as much as some people like Cable. Matter of fact i think Cable is quite fond of him.
I really like that he's connected to another of my fav's Longshot.
Anyhow with god slaying abilities how long do you think the Wrecker will reamain standing.

Shatterstar

Wonder Man
shaunNot to brag...but i do love to...anyhow i think Shatterstar could kill Juggernaut. First mutant strike breaks his shield, second one drops Juggs to his knees and with all that he has left Shatterstar beheads him.
It's said he only has three really good blasts in him during any fight.

Hercules
Are you refering to his mutant ability to channel bio energy using his Sword to focus it, into a blast?

Cause, its pretty powerful but its not a God slayer, it was the fact his weapon was forged in another dimension that meant he cut Juggernaut.

Juggernaut was also pretty busy at the time with the rest of X force so this wasn't one on one.

His blasts are neither magical nor TP, they are not getting through Jugg's shield.

Hyperbole and speculation is not fact, I do like Shatter Star but he has been beaten by logan among others, he is good but not the best.

I could see him taking a win over Wrecker however.

Wonder Man
He's my little god slayer. yeah his bio blasts. He could punk Thor and everyone knows it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Isn't The Wrecker the same guy who loses to Spiderman?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Isn't The Wrecker the same guy who loses to Spiderman?

In a low showing, and in his high showings he shrugs off hits from Thor like they were nothing.

Hercules
He does tend to vary WILDLY depending on who he is fighting, thats for sure!

King_Mungi
Ideally when he appears in Thor that's him at his best, he had a good showing in New Avengers but meh!

leonidas
it's possible shatterstar could win -- he's skilled enough and logan has cut him, i think -- but not all that likely.

assuming he isn't written like a twit the wrecker is pretty damn tough . . . erm

jasofisc
shatterstar was so bad @$$ in the first issues of x-force, then came the battle with deadpool, he got owned so bad it made a person think he didn't have any powers at all. anyway i'm saying 1 out of 10 for shatterstar now but the shatterstar in the first few issues of x-force could pull off 4 out of 10

Alfheim
Originally posted by jasofisc
shatterstar was so bad @$$ in the first issues of x-force, then came the battle with deadpool, he got owned so bad it made a person think he didn't have any powers at all. anyway i'm saying 1 out of 10 for shatterstar now but the shatterstar in the first few issues of x-force could pull off 4 out of 10

DP did wwait for him to finish working out, but in all fairness shatterstar didn't seem tired.

leonidas
Originally posted by jasofisc

that's a pretty fair assessment. maybe 4s still a little high, but i could see 3 for sure . . .

starlock
hmmm i say shatterstar for the majority
many might not know this but he is as strong as spiderman

capt it up
shatterstar stabbing juggernaut was recconed.

Hercules
Originally posted by capt it up
shatterstar stabbing juggernaut was recconed.

When did that happen?

I sometimes feel like Marvel retcon everything even vaguely cool... sad

capt it up
Originally posted by Hercules
When did that happen?

I sometimes feel like Marvel retcon everything even vaguely cool... sad
forgett when , but they re print the issue with the re conn put it and the author was pissed off. There was a hole interview about it I think the author/writter threaten to quit

jasofisc
Originally posted by capt it up
forgett when , but they re print the issue with the re conn put it and the author was pissed off. There was a hole interview about it I think the author/writter threaten to quit

if you could find the interview or the recon scan that would be interesting (I hate recons)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.