German War- What I want

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
I would love to have either a good World War 1 or World War 2 game. I realise there are good World War 2 games, but they don't have what I want, we constantly play as the allies, Canada, U.S., Russia, Britain, etc. But I would love to have the opportunity to play as a German soldier in one of the two World Wars, that would be really cool (kind of like the movie All Quiet on the Western Front), just for a change in scenery and change in who you are killing. Also, why is there no World War 1 games? It seems odd...

Anyone else want a German point of view war game?

Barker
No.

You'd lose every time. haermm

Blaxican
laughing

General G
Originally posted by Barker
No.

The Germans didn't lose every battle...They actually inflicted more casualties on the Allies than they did on the Germans. Even though, we could still play missions where the Germans lost, like Call of Duty 2 for the 360, the part labelled "Retreat? We are advancing in the opposite direction" something similar to that

Smasandian
Wont happen, and if it does, it would be a couple of missions. As a game, I dont think it will happen.

Nonbody wants to play as the Germans. It wont sell.

S_W_LeGenD
The WWII based games in which you can play as Germans are:

- Codename Panzers Series (RTS genre)
- Panzer Elite Action Series (Tank based 3D Simulation)

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Barker
No.

And you forgot that they over-ran most of the Europe and several African nations and a large portion of USSR during the first few years of the war. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spidervlad
And then Berlin got preety much surrounded by the Soviet Army and Hitler poisoned himself and his family :P

It really won't sell, because people like playing Heroes in war games, and it might influence some retard to put on a Hitler costume on halloween and go to a jewish neighborhood trick-or-treating.

Burning thought
i think its a good idea, only not as an ordinairy game, i think if you played as a special ops supernatural guy for the Germans would be cool, Germans are always seen as trying to get hold of ancient aritifacts in many games...maby they cud make a game where you had powers from Aritifacts you dig up and could destroy allies, a bit fantasy but interestin....hm....sort of like return to castle wolfenstein...only your the Germans and you actually succeed for once in gettin an artifact..

Also German armour was always superior to us, perhaps you could do missions to open factories and trades to give youself an advantage on some large battlefield missions and have a lot of tank allies, mayve even Tigers and panzers...combine a tiger tank with supernatural powers and you got sum fun...weird idea, but german and cool

General G
Originally posted by Spidervlad
And then Berlin got preety much surrounded by the Soviet Army and Hitler poisoned himself and his family :P

It really won't sell, because people like playing Heroes in war games, and it might influence some retard to put on a Hitler costume on halloween and go to a jewish neighborhood trick-or-treating.

I know a lot of people that prefer playing as the villain because it is always the good that wins and I have some weird friends who like to have a different point of view where the evil side wins. But yeah, your right, as a whole, people like playing as the hero...

Originally posted by Burning thought
i think its a good idea, only not as an ordinairy game, i think if you played as a special ops supernatural guy for the Germans would be cool, Germans are always seen as trying to get hold of ancient aritifacts in many games...maby they cud make a game where you had powers from Aritifacts you dig up and could destroy allies, a bit fantasy but interestin....hm....sort of like return to castle wolfenstein...only your the Germans and you actually succeed for once in gettin an artifact..

Also German armour was always superior to us, perhaps you could do missions to open factories and trades to give youself an advantage on some large battlefield missions and have a lot of tank allies, mayve even Tigers and panzers...combine a tiger tank with supernatural powers and you got sum fun...weird idea, but german and cool

Good idea, but I don't want some supernaturally strong with weird powers German, I want a normal German soldier in World War 1 or 2 that showed what they went through, not just the allies, we all know what they did and how they do it, but nobody tells what the German's had to go through...

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The WWII based games in which you can play as Germans are:

- Codename Panzers Series (RTS genre)
- Panzer Elite Action Series (Tank based 3D Simulation)

What are they for?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by General G
What are they for?
Enjoyment? confused

S_W_LeGenD
At the cost of lives of more then 20,000,000 Russian people. Yeah that was great! roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Hitler avoided capture and greater humiliation by doing so.

Their was a famous German hero too - Field Marshall Rommel.

Blaxican
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

And Hitler avoided capture and humiliation by doing so.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please. Poisoning yourself makes you a dumbf*ck, not a hero.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Blaxican
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please. Poisoning yourself makes you a dumbf*ck, not a hero.
I never said that he was a hero.

What I said that he made a smart choice in a situation he was in, when Berlin had fallen. It saved him from greater humiliation that he would face if had been captured.

Blaxican
Killing yourself. Is not a smart option. It's cowardice.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Blaxican
Killing yourself. Is not a smart option. It's cowardice.
Still it is less humiliating then getting hanged by the enemies in-front of thousands of people.

He made a choice which seemed best to him.

Blaxican
Husseins death was a billion times more honorable then Hitlers way of "taking the easy way out". If your looking for honer it's better to take your whipping like a man then to just kill yourself like a pussy erm

Luckily for me I don't believe in "honor" nor "glory".

Lana
Yeah, I'm closing this as it's pretty much gone completely off-topic and I don't see it going back on topic or continuing without hostility.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.