Sasquatch & Puck vs Strong Guy & Thunderbird

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins

Sasquatch/no gods- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Sasquatch_%28Walter_Langkowski%29

&

Puck- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Puck_%28Eugene_Judd%29

vs

Strong Guy- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Strong_Guy

&

Thunderbird- http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thunderbird.htm

Redatom65
you can't say much about that thunderbird he died within a year of his debut

golem370
I still believe him and Puck are close in abilities

Hercules
Originally posted by Redatom65
you can't say much about that thunderbird he died within a year of his debut

True, but there was a Thunderbird in exiles, he was much more powerful.

I'm tempted to say team, mainly because of Strong guys ability to absorb kinetic energy and then release it.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Hercules
True, but there was a Thunderbird in exiles, he was much more powerful.

I'm tempted to say team, mainly because of Strong guys ability to absorb kinetic energy and then release it.

but he specifically pointed out the 1975 Thunderbird

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
Who wins

Sasquatch/no gods- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Sasquatch_%28Walter_Langkowski%29

&

Puck- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Puck_%28Eugene_Judd%29

vs

Strong Guy- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Strong_Guy

&

Thunderbird- http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thunderbird.htm

Team 2

golem370
Yeah but the thing is he has to release it after 90 seconds.

Hercules
but he specifically pointed out the 1975 Thunderbird

Yeah, I know, I was just sayin... smile call it a bit of trivia if you like.

Hercules
Yeah but the thing is he has to release it after 90 seconds.

Yeah I know... confused

Redatom65
Yeah, I know, I was just sayin... smile call it a bit of trivia if you like. what if i don't like, then what stick out tongue

Hercules
what if i don't like, then what stick out tongue

Then call it something else. smile

Redatom65
hmmm i got nothin

King_Mungi
Ummm....what? There's nothing to stop Sasquatch from slashing Strong Guy up with his claws.

Physically there is nothing Thunderbird can do to Puck. Plus the fact Puck is faster, more skilled, more durable, far more experienced, etc.

Uhhhh...Alpha Flight is underated

golem370
I say Strong Guy would punch him in the face.

golem370
I think Strong Guy is tougher and stronger then you give him credit for King

Hercules
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Ummm....what? There's nothing to stop Sasquatch from slashing Strong Guy up with his claws.

Physically there is nothing Thunderbird can do to Puck. Plus the fact Puck is faster, more skilled, more durable, far more experienced, etc.

Uhhhh...Alpha Flight is underated

Ooops, Last night I read this as Puck and Thunderbird and Strong Guy vs Sasquatch. embarrasment

If its Puck and Sasquatch against Strong Guy and Thunderbird, then I'm going with Sas and Puck.

Reasons:

Base level Strong Guy, by his own admisson can press 20 tons, he needs kinetic energy to get stronger and then must let it out within 90 seconds to avoid damaging himself.

Normaly when facing a big bruiser like Sasquatch, he would be in his element, all that kinetic energy from a brick as strong as Sas hitting him, would only allow him to unleash one hell of a punch to knock the big guy out.

However, with Walter's brain in control hes not going to keep punching him, once he realises that hitting him is only making him stronger.

He can utilise his claws and slash him, instead of simply pounding him with his fists, he could also choke him out or put him in a bearhug etc etc.

Thunderbird is fast and has class 2 - 10 strength, hes hotheaded and rash, in facing Puck, he faces someone who is also fast, pretty much invulnerable to anything Thunderbird can do, has at least class 10 strength, is a superior fighter and an experienced one to boot.

The three of the against Sas would be different, I was basing it on Puck knowing how sas fights and taking the team leader role combined with Guido abosrbing a heavy punch or two from Sasquatch and hitting him hard while Thunderbird and Puck kept him busy.

But in a two on two fight, I see this going to the Canadians.

King_Mungi
I say Strong Guy would punch him in the face.

and?

I think Strong Guy is tougher and stronger then you give him credit for King

Untrue, I know all about him but his kinetic absorption move isn't that great especially he can't fully use it due to his bad heart

snoopdogg

Base level Strong Guy, by his own admisson can press 20 tons, he needs kinetic energy to get stronger and then must let it out within 90 seconds to avoid damaging himself.
20 tons? I thought his base strength was 50 tons?

I give team 2 the edge.

Hercules
Originally posted by snoopdogg

I give team 2 the edge.

Hes listed as a class 50 but when xfactor became a goverment team and Val cooper was their liason and talking about the press.

Guido said "Well I can press 20 tons, what about you Rahne?"

So I've always taken that as him stating his base strength.

Metalmanx

I give team 2 the edge.

That's what I've always read, too.

And about the slashing of Strong Guy--would that no require kinetic energy to do so?

Hercules
Originally posted by Metalmanx
That's what I've always read, too.

And about the slashing of Strong Guy--would that no require kinetic energy to do so?

like I said in the post above, hes listed at 50 but has stated himself in X factor while talking to Val Cooper that he can press 20 tons, which is why I said "by his own admission".

Whether you count that as bad writing is up to you, I have always taken that as Guido admiting his base strength.

Cutting him would create kinetic energy BUT it would also cut him and damage him, hitting him with a fist wouldn't.

blunt force trauma he will just absorb, take no damage and unleash it right back at you, slash him and he takes damage.

Thats what me and Mungi are saying, Sasquatch has claws as well as superior strength.

Metalmanx
like I said in the post above, hes listed at 50 but has stated himself in X factor while talking to Val Cooper that he can press 20 tons, which is why I said "by his own admission".

Whether you count that as bad writing is up to you, I have always taken that as Guido admiting his base strength.

Cutting him would create kinetic energy BUT it would also cut him and damage him, hitting him with a fist wouldn't.

blunt force trauma he will just absorb, take no damage and unleash it right back at you, slash him and he takes damage.

Thats what me and Mungi are saying, Sasquatch has claws as well as superior strength.

I understand what you're saying about him admitting his own strength, but I'm pretty sure he's been at a base of class 50 for awhile now. Could've been bad writing, could've just been a mistake, I just really doubt that he'd just gotten weaker for no reason, ya know?

Hold on a second, follow me here.

Sas swipes with the claws. Guido absorbs the kinetic energy from the impact of the claws on his skin.

Now, by absorbing the kinetic energy, does he not also near-instantly drain the momentum of the claws? I say yes.

It follows the same principle as Black Panther's vibranium-weave suit. Bullets don't pierce him because the suit robs them of all of their kinetic energy, thus their momentum, near-instantly, so they stop upon contact with the suit.

Same thing goes for Guido. Ergo, claws should not be effective against him.

Hercules
Well if you compare his powers to Sebastian Shaw, who has similar powers but a much greater degree of control, then Shaw can be cut, not enough to kill him because he does indeed drain most of the blades momentum.

But he can still have his skin pierced, yet Shaw can absorb bullets, so I would say yes he can take damage from Sasquatch's claws.

Plus he can be crushed to death by Sasquatch in a bearhug, just like Shaw can be crushed.

If we say that Sasquatch doesn't know who Guido is (which I think he does) then He will start out pummeling Guido, this will do nothing but make Guido able to hit harder.

It won't take long for the Genius interllect that Walter possess to figure out whats going on, then he will revert to claws and trying to crush the life out of him.

Shaw can be cut and crushed ergo in my mind so can Strong Guy.

Hercules
Oh that and I just remembered that Cyber cut him when X factor fought Hells belles.

He told Guido his nails were tipped with poison, which they weren't he was bluffing to take Guido out of the fight, so yes he can be cut.

King_Mungi

I give team 2 the edge.

What? they have no advantage over team 1 in any area confused

Oh that and I just remembered that Cyber cut him when X factor fought Hells belles.

He told Guido his nails were tipped with poison, which they weren't he was bluffing to take Guido out of the fight, so yes he can be cut.

Just about to bring that up.

snoopdogg
What? they have no advantage over team 1 in any area confused I think team two can win! That's how I see it. Guido can become stronger than Sasquatch.

Just about to bring that up. Cyber also has adamantium claws. I don't think Sasquatch does though.

King_Mungi
I think team two can win! That's how I see it. Guido can become stronger than Sasquatch.

Cyber also has adamantium claws. I don't think Sasquatch does though.

Hardly, as you would have to ignore the fact Sasquatch can become stronger himself. Plus the fact, Guido doesn't have a good track record against the likes of Sasquatch class.

No, but if your actually implying Guido has a level of durability that only adamintium can cut him then you have another thing coming.

snoopdogg
Hardly, as you would have to ignore the fact Sasquatch can become stronger himself. Plus the fact, Guido doesn't have a good track record against the likes of Sasquatch class.

No, but if your actually implying Guido has a level of durability that only adamintium can cut him then you have another thing coming. I would say Guido has a better shot of increasing his strength than Walter does. And I don't think I would put Sasquatch in Hulks class though. He did say that Hulk easily defeated him I think.

I am not saying Guido has a level of durabilty that only adamantium can cut him. But Adamantium claws>>>regular claws though.

King_Mungi
I would say Guido has a better shot of increasing his strength than Walter does. And I don't think I would put Sasquatch in Hulks class though. He did say that Hulk easily defeated him I think.

I am not saying Guido has a level of durabilty that only adamantium can cut him. But Adamantium claws>>>regular claws though.

What?...Walter transformed into Tanaraq in seconds. Are you actually serious? What again? He battled Hulk for 30 minutes and most of it Sasquatch didn't want to fight as he felt guilty. That was Savage Hulk, not professor. Then there's the fact Sasquatch defeated an alternate reality Savage Hulk, and the fact Sasquatch tossed around 250 tons 1000 feet with ease and the fact he can become an Elder God. I hope your not serious

Elder God with mystical claws..come on now.

snoopdogg
What?...Walter transformed into Tanaraq in seconds. Are you actually serious? What again? He battled Hulk for 30 minutes and most of it Sasquatch didn't want to fight as he felt guilty. That was Savage Hulk, not professor. Then there's the fact Sasquatch defeated an alternate reality Savage Hulk, and the fact Sasquatch tossed around 250 tons 1000 feet with ease and the fact he can become an Elder God. I hope your not serious

Elder God with mystical claws..come on now. I'm just yanking your chain. You get riled up easily when it comes to Alpha Flight.

Sasquatch did say that though.....

King_Mungi
I'm just yanking your chain. You get riled up easily when it comes to Alpha Flight.

Sasquatch did say that though.....

I knew there had to be something up...you bastard embarrasment . Of course I do, I'm the only advocate for them and their so underated. You would do the same for Colossus no? stick out tongue

I know.

Hercules
I knew there had to be something up...you bastard embarrasment . Of course I do, I'm the only advocate for them and their so underated. You would do the same for Colossus no? stick out tongue

I know.

I like Alpha Flight too, I have a few issues knocking about from the mid 90's.

After reading your respect thread I'm seriously thinking of tracking some back issues down to expand on my small collection.

So where as I'm not as dedicated to them as you wink stick out tongue I am a fan! big grin

Brutacus
and?

Untrue, I know all about him but his kinetic absorption move isn't that great especially he can't fully use it due to his bad heart

Iff you know all about him you should know he doesn't have a weak heart anymore.
Thanks to forge

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Brutacus
Iff you know all about him you should know he doesn't have a weak heart anymore.
Thanks to forge

Even after the operation his heart has acted up and Guido has verbally stated he is worried another possible incident that put him in that coma would happen again.

guy222
bumprav

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.