atum vs cyttorak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

qqqqqqq
atum - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atum_%28comics%29

Stupid Rookie
Didn't the god eater beat Set? I would give it to Atum, but if it is Cyttorak's realm, maybe he can do it.

Kutulu
Atum killed or chased off all of the Elder gods he fought against. Some are too tough to kill, but were chased off like Set, Cthon. Cyttorak being an elder god would most likely fit into this category, so in a fight I would say that Atum would take the win.

psycho gundam
atum is a scary mutha.
gods RUN from this thing well fast!

celestialdemon
Atum wins. I don't think anyone below abstract level can beat him, but that's just my opinion.

Mider999
i think cyttorak is abstract level though

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Mider999
i think cyttorak is abstract level though

I always considered him at Elder God level

Mider999
yeah but he has his own universe doesnt he, and cython he's the one who gave scarlet witch power over chaos magic, he's also the one who invented chaos magic, he's the reason scarlet witch is so darn strong

TricksterPriest
Atum wins. He was beating ALL the elder gods. I think Celestial is right, nobody under abstract is beating this guy.

Kutulu
All of the Elder gods are extremely powerful. Set, Cthon, Cyttorak, any one of them by themselves is a major threat and each have their own pocket dimension. Each elder god just by themselves probably has as much power as an entire pantheon of earth gods, for example Zeus + all of Olympus = one Elder god, if that.

The only one who was able to battle them was Atum, nobody else stood a chance. Atum literally ate almost all of them, every time he ate one he grew even more powerful.

Endless Mike
Atum turns into Demogorge and eats him

guy222
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
atum - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atum_%28comics%29

atum

guy222
still atum

cain pawned cytorrak

Knowsbleed33
If Atum consumed the Elder Gods how come he didn't consume Cyttorak?

celestialdemon
I don't think he's an Elder God like Set or Chthlon, but he's around that level in power.

Knowsbleed33
I'm inclined to go with Cyttorak. We got a glimpse of what a mere fraction of his power is capable of when Juggernaut went Trion.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
If Atum consumed the Elder Gods how come he didn't consume Cyttorak?

Ages ago, Cytorrak, one of a group of eight ancient mystic beings of incredible power called the Octessence, disagreed with his comrades over which of them was most powerful, and as a result each created a Totem, an item of incredible power that represented its creator. The first human to touch the item would be transformed into an Exemplar, a living embodiment of the power of one of the Octessence. In theory, when all eight Exemplars awakened, the eight would divide the Earth in the name of their creators, and would fight to solve the ages old disagreement. Over time, the Totems were mostly buried and lost. However, the Crimson Gem was still accessible in a temple in southeast Asia.

Cytorrak was eventually banished from Earth, but before leaving he created a guardian named Xorak to defend his Totem. Years later, the Ancient One approached the the Crimson Gem of Cytorrak and woke Xorak, even without touching it. The Ancient One overcame Xorak and banished him to the realm within the Gem.

Later still, a group of monks tried to access the power of the Gem and unleashed a violent aspect of Cytorrak that killed them all as well as surrounding villagers. Fortunately, two rival mages, Tar and Gomurr the Ancient, banded together to banish this aspect of Cytorrak to within the Gem.

Hundreds of years later, Cain Marko, serving alongside his step-brother Charles Xavier in Korea, came upon an ancient temple to Cytorrak, and discovered the Gem. He was thus transformed into the Juggernaut, and gifted with incredible strength and invulnerability. The invulnerability stemmed from a forcefield generated by the Gem's power, and even protected him from psychic assaults, as long as his helmet was on. Furthermore, Juggernaut's costume was in fact mystical, essentially representing him as a facsimile of dome-headed Cytorrak himself. It should be noted that later in his career. Marko was buried in the temple's collapse, but survived thanks to his new power, and took about ten years extricating himself.

After the Juggernaut's return and attack on the X-Men, Professor Xavier tried to find a cure for his step-brother, but was knocked out by an energy blast from his experimental machine. Doctor Strange advised the X-Men to find the original Gem and enter it to get the "prototype," a Gem within the Gem that they used to heal Xavier and then defeat the Juggernaut. Marko wanted to possess the prototype as well, but in touching it, both he and the Gem were sucked into the "Crimson Cosmos."

The Gem's power was not expended on Marko alone: In fact, Marko once had his partner Black Tom Cassidy touch it, and Tom was also transformed into a massive powerhouse. However, they were each at half-power, until Rogue was able to leech the power away from Tom, and Marko regained his full strength when he touched the Gem again. Hoping to maintain all the power for himself, Juggernaut heaved the stone into outer space. When the stone was unintentionally sent back to Earth by Nova, a Herald of Galactus, it conferred different powers upon Stevie, the boy who found it, including long-range communication, force blasts and animation of statues. Juggernaut was initially held at bay by Stevie, but eventually managed to reclaim his power source. This time, the Gem was mystically bonded to Marko and merged with his body. Marko now no longer needed his costume to have the full range of his powers, except for the immunity to telepathy granted by his helmet.

Marko knew next to nothing of Cytorrak for many years, until Xavier's dark side manifested itself as the massive psi Onslaught. Onslaught immediately understood the power of the Gem, and physically ripped it from the Juggernaut, leaving it on Xavier's desk as a paperweight. Somehow, Cain Marko was then trapped inside the dimension of Cytorrak. Inside, Marko fought against Spite, sister of D'Spayre, and an avatar of Cytorrak himself. With the help of Doctor Strange, Tar and Gomurr, Marko fought off his attackers and left the Gem, and regained the Juggernaut power again.

Much later, a second Crimson Gem of Cytorrak appeared, which Marko tried to use to amplify his abilities. However, it turned out that this second gem was a fake, which disrupted Marko's powers and caused him to become gravely ill. Only the intervention of the X-Men, who stole the fake Gem and delivered it to Black Tom, saved him from death.

The other seven Exemplars awakened and gathered at one point, but were ultimately defeated, and worldwide chaos avoided when Juggernaut's human side defeated Cytorrak's violent urges, having had many years to adjust to the transformation into an Exemplar and assert his own will. Though Juggernaut was subdued and nearly punished by the Exemplars, the Avengers eventually convinced the others to stop fighting, and the Octessence's world domination plans were ruined.

Recently, another Juggernaut attacked Marko and She-Hulk. It is unknown whether the boy who was the Juggernaut received his abilities from the Crimson Gem of Cytorrak, though he seemed to imply that Cytorrak was angry at Marko for disobeying him and granted the boy power to replace him.

Scoobless
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Atum wins. He was beating ALL the elder gods. I think Celestial is right, nobody under abstract is beating this guy.

Captain America would kick his teeth in.

no expression

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by guy222
still atum

cain pawned cytorrak

It wasn't the real Cytorrak but his Avatar that Cain defeated, see look here.

"Marko knew next to nothing of Cytorrak for many years, until Xavier's dark side manifested itself as the massive psi Onslaught. Onslaught immediately understood the power of the Gem, and physically ripped it from the Juggernaut, leaving it on Xavier's desk as a paperweight. Somehow, Cain Marko was then trapped inside the dimension of Cytorrak. Inside, Marko fought against Spite, sister of D'Spayre, and an avatar of Cytorrak himself. With the help of Doctor Strange, Tar and Gomurr, Marko fought off his attackers and left the Gem, and regained the Juggernaut power again".

Scoobless
During the eighth day story, Juggernaut won an internal battle with Cyttorak ... maybe that's what he means.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Scoobless
During the eighth day story, Juggernaut won an internal battle with Cyttorak ... maybe that's what he means.

I know how he feels. I often have internal battles with the "demon of I wanna go poopy".

I don't always win sad

guy222
Cytorrak has avatars

Knowsbleed33
Yes indeed.

Scoobless
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
I know how he feels. I often have internal battles with the "demon of I wanna go poopy".

I don't always win sad

I regularly spar with his sibling demon "nowanna P P"

I hate that guy.

sad

Originally posted by guy222
Cytorrak has avatars

Was that a question or a statement?

confused

guy222
I'm not gonna tell stick out tongue

Thanks for the tip Knowsbleed

Knowsbleed33
IIRC Marvel retconned the original version of Cyttorak saying it was an avatar and the most recent version (The one that's similar in appearance to the Juggernaut) is the real Cyttorak.

Ouallada
Atum should take this. I should start a respect thread for Atum/Demogorge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.