Just how powerful was Solaris?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
What character's power (Marvel or DC) do you think would be most comparable to Solaris from JLA One Million?

I've heard a few opinions, but I want to see what the general consensus is on this subject.

Endless Mike
Incredibly powerful, Superman 1 Million was able to hold a galaxy back with his force vision and yet Solaris treated him, along with many other heroes of his level or higher, like chumps.

I'd put Solaris at Skyfather level at least

Galan007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Incredibly powerful, Superman 1 Million was able to hold a galaxy back with his force vision and yet Solaris treated him, along with many other heroes of his level or higher, like chumps.

I'd put Solaris at Skyfather level at least Force-Vision held Solaris in the box that Kyle Rayner made also.

Endless Mike
Yet that was after many of the other heroes had worn him down and tried a bunch of tricks to weaken him.

bigbran
Wolverine level... at least.

Soljer
A weakened, hungry, Galactus.

Validus
He's about as powerful as a slightly motivated Kyle Rayner. smile

Kutulu
Originally posted by Soljer

Galactus without his armor looks like a living sun, so I would say that would be pretty accurate.

bigbran
Originally posted by Validus
He's about as powerful as a slightly motivated Kyle Rayner. smile Or a bloodlusted Superman... shifty

nvrbeenwthagirl

confused A mighty galactus was able to be knocked off of his feat By Thanos. Superman 1m and the heroes of the 853rd make Thanos look like a chump. I doubt Solaris is only as powerful as a weakened hungry galactus. He literally chumped Generations of Uber powerful Heroes. Able to one shot Superman like they were flies and he was a fly swatter. A weakened hungry galactus can be punked by the fantastic four. I do NOT agree with this summation.

Validus
I doubt Solaris could beat a Superman who was actually trying.

Galan007
Somewhere around Galactus level is what I was thinking too.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
confused A mighty galactus was able to be knocked off of his feat By Thanos. Superman 1m and the heroes of the 853rd make Thanos look like a chump. I doubt Solaris is only as powerful as a weakened hungry galactus. He literally chumped Generations of Uber powerful Heroes. Able to one shot Superman like they were flies and he was a fly swatter. A weakened hungry galactus can be punked by the fantastic four. I do NOT agree with this summation.

I don't mean "Weakest galactus we've ever seen" Galactus.

I mean, a hungry Galactus. Not a full-powered galactus. Not galaxy-eating galactus.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Galan007
Somewhere around Galactus level is what I was thinking too.

Feat wise, can't really say, as he hasn't shown much.

But going by that the 853rd heroes all feared Solaris, and the 853rd >> present day heroes, that says some thing.

I go by on panel showings and feats though, so untill he shows better, meh.

Galan007
Originally posted by Board Walker
I go by on panel showings and feats though, so untill he shows better, meh. I know, you say this in every thread.

I'm asking what everyone thinks his power is comprable too.

Of course he doesn't have as many feats as some of the others, but what do you think his power is, based on what we've seen?

That's my question.

Soljer
Galactus'd own all the present day heroes.

And the 853rd century heroes.

Simultaneously.

erm.

Validus
It's unfair to say all 853rd heroes > present day heroes. Superman and Batman were the main guys who were upgraded. WW 1 Million was losing to Big Barda and Superman 1 Million was impressed by a slightly motivated Kyle Rayner. smile

Board Walker
It's unfair to say all 853rd heroes > present day heroes. Superman and Batman were the main guys who were upgraded. WW 1 Million was losing to Big Barda and Superman 1 Million was impressed by a slightly motivated Kyle Rayner. smile

A near dead supes 1 million, punched through the time stream, he was also able to accelerate to millions of times the speed of light instantly when he jumped from earth to the moon in under a second.

masterbruce
Solaris would make the Galactus we usually see sh1t in his pants.

Superman 1M and all the other souped up JLA heroes along with all other metahumans could do absolutely NOTHING against Solaris.

Galactus is a chump compared to Solaris.

Don't ever compare Solaris to that pathetic Planet Eater, ya hear me?

Solaris was the greatest threat that ever was...and required the coming of the greatest hero there ever will be to stop him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't mean "Weakest galactus we've ever seen" Galactus.

I mean, a hungry Galactus. Not a full-powered galactus. Not galaxy-eating galactus.

I think Solaris is around Galactus at the lvl Big G was when he was kicking ass in the A wave.

Board Walker
I know, you say this in every thread.

I'm asking what everyone thinks his power is comprable too.

Of course he doesn't have as many feats as some of the others, but what do you think his power is, based on what we've seen?

That's my question.

Alright then.

His greatest feat then would be that he was able to defeat the entire Dynasty of Superman.

The dynasty of superman had infinite soldiers all of Superman 1 millions status or greater (or lesser, around there).

And they were ants compared to Solaris.

I suppose that counts for some thing.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Simultaneously.

erm.

I seriously doubt big g could own all the 853rd heroes. have you seen the crazyness of those guys. controlling all kinds of wierd energies and just stuff I can barely imagine. Reading the JLA 1m respec thread is an eye opener.

Validus
A near dead supes 1 million, punched through the time stream, he was also able to accelerate to millions of times the speed of light instantly when he jumped from earth to the moon in under a second.
The time punch was done with the aid of tech. It's not like he can throw a punch and just go raging through time whenever he wants.

The moon feat definitely seemed to take longer than a second.

But as I said before, Superman 1 Million was the only 853rd hero with monster feats. None of the other heroes displayed power close to his level and it was our present day Green Lantern and the mind of Martian Manhunter that led to Solaris downfall anyway.

masterbruce

Simultaneously.

erm.

right...the same Galactus who is the cosmic joke in Marvel.

Board Walker
The time punch was done with the aid of tech. It's not like he can throw a punch and just go raging through time whenever he wants.

But as I said before, Superman 1 Million was the only 853rd hero with monster feats. None of the other heroes displayed power close to his level and it was our present day Green Lantern and the mind of Martian Manhunter that led to Solaris downfall anyway.

It sure seemed like a second to me, that or less.

masterbruce
it was our present day Green Lantern and the mind of Martian Manhunter that led to Solaris downfall anyway.

ummmm no....it was Prime who saved the day.

masterbruce
Originally posted by masterbruce
Solaris would make the Galactus we usually see sh1t in his pants.

Superman 1M and all the other souped up JLA heroes along with all other metahumans could do absolutely NOTHING against Solaris.

Galactus is a chump compared to Solaris.

Don't ever compare Solaris to that pathetic Planet Eater, ya hear me?

Solaris was the greatest threat that ever was...and required the coming of the greatest hero there ever will be to stop him.

in case people missed it

nvrbeenwthagirl

nah, aquaman was far superior, so was batman. Hourman had the freaking worlogog and Even that century's WW was indestructible. Ours isn't even fully bullet proof. So yeah, they kinds were all more powerful. except that flash. he just sucked.

Validus
None of the other heroes displayed power close to his level and it was our present day Green Lantern and the mind of Martian Manhunter that led to Solaris downfall anyway.
Reading comprehension for the mother fuggin win. Superman Prime would have been too late to save the day if Kyle, J'onn and our present day JLA hadn't worked their mojo beforehand.

Board Walker
Reading comprehension for the mother fuggin win. Superman Prime would have been too late to save the day if Kyle, J'onn and our present day JLA hadn't worked their mojo beforehand.

The way you worded it implied that they defeated solaris, which they did not.

They stalled for time, just be careful on how you word things, you might mislead those who haven't read the comics yet.

Nvr is right though, as I have also said before, the 853'rd was vastly superior for the majority to present day heroes.

bigbran
in case people missed it And... you base this off of... what?

Hell... Terrax would beat it... shifty

guy222
What character's power (Marvel or DC) do you think would be most comparable to Solaris from JLA One Million?

I've heard a few opinions, but I want to see what the general consensus is on this subject.

IMHO, Galactus-level. How was Solaris defeated?

Skeets
The way you worded it implied that they defeated solaris, which they did not.
Actually no.I read it and understood exactly what he was implying..herbeyes
Originally posted by bigbran
And... you base this off of... what?

Oh you..herbtouched

Validus
nah, aquaman was far superior, so was batman. Hourman had the freaking worlogog and Even that century's WW was indestructible. Ours isn't even fully bullet proof. So yeah, they kinds were all more powerful. except that flash. he just sucked.
Hourman had an outside power up. I already mentioned Batman but being upgraded over Bruce Wayne isn't much anyway. Not against a Solaris level enemy. Ditto for Aquaman and WW wasn't impressive as I mentioned previously.

Endless Mike
We'll know more about him once All-Star Superman finishes its run

Soljer
I think Solaris is around Galactus at the lvl Big G was when he was kicking ass in the A wave.

Did you read annihilation? This isn't a jab at you, but...

Galan, in annihilation, has NEVER been weaker.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/juggernaut66666/37.jpg

"My hunger burns brighter than ever. I require more sustenance than before."

masterbruce
And... you base this off of... what?

what do I base it on?

well let's see, uber powerful beings like the JLA who were like Gods couldn't do squat to Solaris.

on the other hand, Galactus can't even take earth when he wanted to.

so you see, Galactus is pathetic.

Skeets

Meh,Galactus says that every 3 appearances.

Endless Mike

He's been weaker, in his miniseries and when he was downed by the Avengers + Thing + Reed + Strange

Validus

so you see, Galactus is pathetic.
You expect Galactus to just blow up Marvel Earth or something? Really man, thats awful logic.

bigbran
what do I base it on?

well let's see, uber powerful beings like the JLA who were like Gods couldn't do squat to Solaris.

so you see, Galactus is pathetic. No Earth = no Marvel basically.

On the other hand, one of the most advanced races in the universe couldn't do shit to Galactus (Skrulls).

So ya... stop basing Galactus off of his Earth visits.

Board Walker
He's been weaker, in his miniseries and when he was downed by the Avengers + Thing + Reed + Strange

Or when the Keeper KO'ed him, or when he was trying to take Asgard.

Soljer

...erm.

So he's lying now? He's never been so hungry as to require two heralds. And there's no doubt about how weak Galactus'd have to be after being drained damn-near-dry by annihilus.

bigbran
He's been weaker, in his miniseries and when he was downed by the Avengers + Thing + Reed + Strange He was downed by his own Worldship...

Strange wasn't even their to my knowledge...

Board Walker
No Earth = no Marvel basically.

On the other hand, one of the most advanced races in the universe couldn't do shit to Galactus (Skrulls).

So ya... stop basing Galactus off of his Earth visits.

Actually, in conjunction with the Shiar, they killed Galactus (mind you it was also his own tech which had a hand in his undoing).

Soljer
Hungry Galactus >>> Solaris.

Full powered Galactus > e 2454 Solaris.

bigbran
Actually, in conjunction with the Shiar, they killed Galactus (mind you it was also his own tech which had a hand in his undoing). Actually... they did nothing to him... he would have destroyed the Shi'ar if it weren't for Galactus's OWN WORLD SHIP. Galactus didn't get killed by nothing besides his own tech.

All they did was take down his little spaceship.

Validus
Actually, in conjunction with the Shiar, they killed Galactus (mind you it was also his own tech which had a hand in his undoing).
Weren't you just talking about MY wording?

masterbruce
...erm.

So he's lying now? He's never been so hungry as to require two heralds. And there's no doubt about how weak Galactus'd have to be after being drained damn-near-dry by annihilus.

yeah he's lying..just like heroes lie when they say "wow...that's the hardest I've ever been hit"

masterbruce
Hungry Galactus >>> Solaris.

based on what exactly?

bigbran
yeah he's lying..just like heroes lie when they say "wow...that's the hardest I've ever been hit" Did you read Annihilation first off?

Soljer
yeah he's lying..just like heroes lie when they say "wow...that's the hardest I've ever been hit"

He says that, after being cracked and broken by annihilus' drainings, and then proceeds to do something he's NEVER need to do; get two heralds.

If someone says 'that's the hardest I've ever been hit,' and then does something they've NEVER had to do - stay in the hospital for weeks on end - there's a good chance they weren't bluffing.

As for your second question? Feats.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It does seem that SUperman prime if I'm not mistaken, powers all of the other superman. ALl of thier powers comes from him. The Superman all seemed pretty uber. Each far surpassing the current Superman. For like 800 centuries. That's a lot of power. so for solaris to even be a threat, he would have to be at least as powerful as a nearly full power Big G. For him to be any less doesn't make sense as Superman prime's power is too rediculous for him to be anything less.

Soljer
It does seem that SUperman prime if I'm not mistaken, powers all of the other superman. ALl of thier powers comes from him. The Superman all seemed pretty uber. Each far surpassing the current Superman. For like 800 centuries. That's a lot of power. so for solaris to even be a threat, he would have to be at least as powerful as a nearly full power Big G. For him to be any less doesn't make sense as Superman prime's power is too rediculous for him to be anything less.

Full power? no

Galan'll smack down some scans if he hears you talking about Solaris or Superman prime being even CLOSE to a full-powered Galactus.

Validus
How do we know each Superman was more powerful than Kal-El? It sure as hell isn't by feats. rolling on floor laughing

leonidas
Superman 1 Million was able to hold a galaxy back with his force vision

for like, the i millionth time, WHERE did this feat ever take place!!!???? as far as i know this is totally a forum propagated myth.

as far as solaris -- i've asked this same question, made a few solaris threads and gauntlet, but fact is no one really seems to know -- or seems to really respond.

by what can we gage his power? well, he battled the superman descendents for 1000s of years, killed loads of them AND loads of versions of the jla. some of the supermen had powers that would put them at thanos-level or above. the imp-supermen must have been pretty crazy-tough . . . the entire jla1M were crazy tough, and most on the forum think they would defeat odin en masse. (NOT something i'm completely convinced of . . .)

and what did solaris do?

basically he was crushing the whole jla1M + the big 7 + . . . well . . . pretty well every OTHER hero in the distant future, all of whom seem to be considerably more powerful than their contempory counterparts . . . all at the same time!! and that included magic based opponents like the future captain marvel. in fact, that climactic battle reminded me a lot of the time in coie where all the heroes made a rush at the weakened anti-monitor.

the only thing that really threatened him in the future was something he had to take a moment to analyze -- the ring. and he would have become immune to THAT as well, and wiped kyle out except kyle's nova attack was 'illogical' to the sun. he caused the star to go nova endangering the life of everyone in the system. it wasn't that the attack was too powerful, or that he couldn't deal with lantern, it was the illogical nature and surprise that beat him. he had defenses against the black hole and had gone nova in the past and suffered no harm. even after kyle's attack he was still alive, though how powerful is unknown. had kyle not surprised it, solaris would have kicked all their areses easily. could prime have beat him? would prime have been killed by the k-nite bullet?? supes 1M had the k-nite weakness so maybe prime did too -- least he didn't eradicate the weakness in his descendents.

all that goes to say . . . confused

obviously he had massive energy wielding abilities and was able to discover weaknesses in opponents and use those weaknesses. he could seemingly devise defenses against any attack in moments. physical power mattered nothing to him and no one was really able to do much that he couldn't analyze and counter -- except be illogical. if galactus met solaris, maybe HE'D be the one who was drained . . .?

his ability to battle and be on the verge of defeating all these uber-characters clearly seems to say he's at a 'cosmic' level. but just how high is tough to gage but i'd say at least avergage galactus. given the nature of solaris's powers, i wouldn't say galctus's beating him would be at all a certainty.

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
for like, the i millionth time, WHERE did this feat ever take place!!!???? as far as i know this is totally a forum propagated myth.

It was in the JLA 1 Million 80 page Giant and it was half a galaxy. I posted the scan here a long time ago.

masterbruce
Excellent post, Leonidas. I agree with everything you said.

leonidas
i have that 80-page book. the one where supes gets wiped out by the k-nite? where did it happen in there . . .? or were there 2 80-page books . . .? confused

nice to have you back, mon ami. wink

Validus
i have that 80-page book. the one where supes gets wiped out by the k-nite? where did it happen in there . . .? or were there 2 80-page books . . .? confused

nice to have you back, mon ami. wink
It's in the same book. I believe it's the last story.

Swanky-Tuna
Alright then.

His greatest feat then would be that he was able to defeat the entire Dynasty of Superman.

The dynasty of superman had infinite soldiers all of Superman 1 millions status or greater (or lesser, around there).

And they were ants compared to Solaris.

I suppose that counts for some thing.

It sounds like Superman 1m's greatest ability was the plot hole. Where the crap did Superman Prime get the infinite energy to fuel infinite soldiers while sitting in a freakin' sun for 50 thousand years? And what is these soldiers problem that they can't amass their infinite numbers and unleash infinite energy upon Solaris?

Nikkolas
I'd guage his power at nearly enough to survive a Shield Throw from Captain America.

Nearly. Which is impressive.

Kutulu
Galactus' blast in Annihilation was big enough to take out multiple star systems at the same time. That's a faster than light speed blast that covers anywhere in the area of 20 - 30 light years diameter. That one attack alone would have taken out most of the 1 M heroes of that time.

That was from a Galactus who had been in the starving stage for a while no less. Thus the statement holds true; roughly equal to a hungry Galactus, not a starving Galactus (example the one that came to Earth several times, Marvel obviously didn't want to kill off it's entire comic line).

Galan007
Reading the JLA 1m respec thread is an eye opener. In a good way I hope embarrasment

Symmetric Chaos
In a good way I hope embarrasment

evil face

Galan007
It does seem that SUperman prime if I'm not mistaken, powers all of the other superman. ALl of thier powers comes from him. The Superman all seemed pretty uber. Each far surpassing the current Superman. For like 800 centuries. That's a lot of power. so for solaris to even be a threat, he would have to be at least as powerful as a nearly full power Big G. For him to be any less doesn't make sense as Superman prime's power is too rediculous for him to be anything less. I know you have been to the JLA respect thread I made.

Every appearence SMP has ever made is in that thread. Nothing he did would lead me to believe that he is as powerful as a full-powered Galactus.

A hungry or average power Galactus? Maybe.

Full-Power? Hell No.

Lets also keep in mind that SMP more then likely didn't have the 5D powers that S1M or the Dynasty had either.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Kutulu
Galactus' blast in Annihilation was big enough to take out multiple star systems at the same time. That's a faster than light speed blast that covers anywhere in the area of 20 - 30 light years diameter. That one attack alone would have taken out most of the 1 M heroes of that time.

That was from a Galactus who had been in the starving stage for a while no less. Thus the statement holds true; roughly equal to a hungry Galactus, not a starving Galactus (example the one that came to Earth several times, Marvel obviously didn't want to kill off it's entire comic line).

Actually, depending on where in the galaxy you are, a sphere 10 light - years in diamater could have anywhere from 1 or 2 to thousands of star - systems.

leonidas
It's in the same book. I believe it's the last story.

well, i'll be damned . . .

i apparently dl'd an incomplete copy! tried again, and voila! there is supes 1M trying to prevent a galaxy from moving with TK!! laughing

he DOES say even he can't bear the weight of the whole galaxy, but that's rather meaningless when weighed against the fact that he tried and seemed to be having at least SOME impact. but it wasn't until titano helped him that he actually stopped the galaxy. 2 guys stopped a whole galaxy. damn, that IS impressive . . .

i KNEW you were good for something, val. big grin

UniOmni
Solaris might be a peer of Galactus, but at what level of power?

Galactus has some insane feats, and he's easily chumped Earth heroes before.

But the problem with him being a popular character, is that he gets the benchmark treatment.

We do know that he can use time manipulation, ala Sphinx fight, and we know he can move galaxies with a thought.

We know he can end universes as well, ala Black Celestial Saga.

We know his fights can destroy countless galaxies, and while hungry, can destroy solar systems in fights and power showings, seen in his fight with Mephisto and in Annihilation.

Dude walks alone in the universe, except for Celestials and their ilk.

A better match for Solaris would be his predecessor, in the Fury, but we know who'd win that fight.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by guy222
IMHO, Galactus-level. How was Solaris defeated?
Prime wasted Solaris with his Green Lanter ring.

Supreme being

as far as solaris -- i've asked this same question, made a few solaris threads and gauntlet, but fact is no one really seems to know -- or seems to really respond.

by what can we gage his power? well, he battled the superman descendents for 1000s of years, killed loads of them AND loads of versions of the jla. some of the supermen had powers that would put them at thanos-level or above. the imp-supermen must have been pretty crazy-tough . . . the entire jla1M were crazy tough, and most on the forum think they would defeat odin en masse. (NOT something i'm completely convinced of . . .)

and what did solaris do?

basically he was crushing the whole jla1M + the big 7 + . . . well . . . pretty well every OTHER hero in the distant future, all of whom seem to be considerably more powerful than their contempory counterparts . . . all at the same time!! and that included magic based opponents like the future captain marvel. in fact, that climactic battle reminded me a lot of the time in coie where all the heroes made a rush at the weakened anti-monitor.

the only thing that really threatened him in the future was something he had to take a moment to analyze -- the ring. and he would have become immune to THAT as well, and wiped kyle out except kyle's nova attack was 'illogical' to the sun. he caused the star to go nova endangering the life of everyone in the system. it wasn't that the attack was too powerful, or that he couldn't deal with lantern, it was the illogical nature and surprise that beat him. he had defenses against the black hole and had gone nova in the past and suffered no harm. even after kyle's attack he was still alive, though how powerful is unknown. had kyle not surprised it, solaris would have kicked all their areses easily. could prime have beat him? would prime have been killed by the k-nite bullet?? supes 1M had the k-nite weakness so maybe prime did too -- least he didn't eradicate the weakness in his descendents.

all that goes to say . . . confused

obviously he had massive energy wielding abilities and was able to discover weaknesses in opponents and use those weaknesses. he could seemingly devise defenses against any attack in moments. physical power mattered nothing to him and no one was really able to do much that he couldn't analyze and counter -- except be illogical. if galactus met solaris, maybe HE'D be the one who was drained . . .?

his ability to battle and be on the verge of defeating all these uber-characters clearly seems to say he's at a 'cosmic' level. but just how high is tough to gage but i'd say at least avergage galactus. given the nature of solaris's powers, i wouldn't say galctus's beating him would be at all a certainty.

After reading 3 pages of unstructured arguments this is the first post to have a logical explanation for things. I to would place solaris on a cosmic scale perhaps in Galatus playing field.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It sounds like Superman 1m's greatest ability was the plot hole. Where the crap did Superman Prime get the infinite energy to fuel infinite soldiers while sitting in a freakin' sun for 50 thousand years? And what is these soldiers problem that they can't amass their infinite numbers and unleash infinite energy upon Solaris?

Actually it was stated that prime travelled to the furtherest region of space and upon his return had gained new powers so that might explain how his able to expand energy to the other Superman's.

And what is these soldiers problem that they can't amass their infinite numbers and unleash infinite energy upon Solaris?

Same reason Galactus always loses to the fantastic four and the likes the almighty $$$$.

Galan007
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Prime wasted Solaris with his Green Lanter ring. Let's remember that this was after Solaris had been weakened.

Let's also remember that the rest of the Superman Dynasty were powerless to stop Solaris.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Supreme being
Actually it was stated that prime travelled to the furtherest region of space and upon his return had gained new powers so that might explain how his able to expand energy to the other Superman's.
"New powers" is a pretty vague excuse for being able to power infinite soldiers who are as powerful as some claim they are. It's not that range that confuses me, although it does, it's how he's supposed to power infinite soldiers. But there was some kind of trouble handling an artificial sun? Weak.

So the Supermen were unusually stupid and sometimes kept a weapon that could destroy them, and anything else in the galaxy, or probably the galaxy itself, just behind them in their ship?

Galan007
Actually it was stated that prime travelled to the furtherest region of space and upon his return had gained new powers so that might explain how his able to expand energy to the other Superman's. "Powers gleaned from the edge of space and time":
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8928/sm2ic3.th.jpg

In the DCU, the end of space and time is the Source Wall.

So that is apparently where SMP obtained his powers.

Supreme being
Superman-Prime amped up the Superman Dynasty's powers beyond "those held by any metahuman ever".

The Dynasty also gained 10 new powers from a marriage to the Queen of the Imps.

And SMP had no problems with Solaris, S1M and the Dynasty before him did.

What?

Are you just as lost as me on that last post, i think his referring to Galactus but awfully confusing post nonetheless

Galan007
"New powers" is a pretty vague excuse for being able to power infinite soldiers who are as powerful as some claim they are. It's not that range that confuses me, although it does, it's how he's supposed to power infinite soldiers. But there was some kind of trouble handling an artificial sun? Weak.Superman-Prime amped up the Superman Dynasty's powers beyond "those held by any metahuman ever".

The Dynasty also gained 10 new powers from a marriage to the Queen of the Imps.

And SMP had no problems with Solaris, S1M and the Dynasty before him did.

So the Supermen were unusually stupid and sometimes kept a weapon that could destroy them, and anything else in the galaxy, or probably the galaxy itself, just behind them in their ship? What?

Galan007
Are you just as lost as me on that last post, i think his referring to Galactus but awfully confusing post nonetheless Yeah, I have no clue what he was talking about. srug

Galan007

Galan007
smile

Galan007
Some people seem to be confused as to how Superman 1M, and the rest of the Dynasty were being powered, I thought it was obvious.

They were powered by the Super-Sun of their time. Thats why when S1M went back to the past, even though he was still under a yellow Sun, he was still losing his powers.

Superman Prime made it so the Dynasty would have these massive powers, but only under the Super-Sun which Prime empowered.

So IMO Supes Prime wasn't just chillin in the Sun, and every time a new Superman popped up he said "ok time to power that guy up!". laughing out loud

Once the new Superman was born, the Super-Sun gave them their powers, just as the regular Sun gave to our Superman, but to a much greater degree.

illadelph12
I wasn't very impressed by Solaris, honestly. I don't quite put him at Galactus level because I think Galactus would defeat him pretty soundly (Solaris was simply a living sun. Galactus>>>Sun, and Galactus is a better energy manipulator).

The reason he was able to run through so many Supermen is because Solaris is a living sun and could manipulate his energies to create radiation wavelengths that were fatal to them (iirc). It stands to reason that a sentient sun would be able to do that given the fact that all Supermen, regardless of what time period, are solar powered.

It's like if the Oan Power Battery became sentient and turned on the Green Lanterns Corps.

I'd say Solaris is about Tyrant level.

Galan007
Originally posted by illadelph12
The reason he was able to run through so many Supermen is because Solaris is a living sun and could manipulate his energies to create radiation wavelengths that were fatal to them (iirc). It stands to reason that a sentient sun would be able to do that given the fact that all Supermen, regardless of what time period, are solar powered. I don't remember seeing a panel which depicted Solaris using manipulated radiation wavelengths which weakened or killed the Supermen. confused

Solaris was simply more powerful then they were.

Kutulu
Keep in mind that Solaris did try and wipe out the earth several times and was driven back, similar to Galactus. In those ways they are similar as well. Go through the one million respect thread, it shows him driven back several times by different versions of Superman. He even tried to sit at the edge of the solar system and bombard Earth with harmful radiation, and still failed.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kutulu
Keep in mind that Solaris did try and wipe out the earth several times and was driven back, similar to Galactus. In those ways they are similar as well. Go through the one million respect thread, it shows him driven back several times by different versions of Superman. He even tried to sit at the edge of the solar system and bombard Earth with harmful radiation, and still failed. Right, Solaris was driven back numerous times by members of the House of EL, but we know that not even the JLA 1M was capable of defeating Solaris, because.......well....... They said so.

I'm still leaning towards Solaris being around the hungry/average powered Galactus.

complexbrother

http://marvel.com/universe3zx/images/0/09/Galactus442x350.jpg

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c4/Phoenixconsumesstar.png

Kutulu
I'm still leaning towards Solaris being around the hungry/average powered Galactus.

Agreed.

Swanky-Tuna
What?
Galactus is always beaten because he's easily outsmarted and leaves weapons of ultimate power sitting on the windowsill of his space ship.

Scoobless
Should you really be using past tense for a character that wont exist for hundreds of years?

no expression

lionking
here is doom with full powered galactus powers

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomfullgalactusnc9.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomfullgalactus1hr7.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomuniversalawarenessct0.jpg

SUperman prime and all the superman you can think of would be blinked away.

full powered galactus read what the scans have to say about how powerfull he is

leonidas
Originally posted by lionking
full powered galactus

NO. SUCH. THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

anything regarding galactus and his 'hypothetical' "full-power" is nonsense, heresay and unfounded speculation.

simple as that.

lionking
well read the comic scans and see for your self

leonidas
can't see the scan because of the filter at work. i assume it's the one where doom is looking at the foundations of reality or something. the ones from secret wars.

if its the first scan, he has BEYONDER'S POWERS, not galactus's. if it's the one where his senses are enhanced . . . whoopty-doo . . . the heroes defied galactus in secret wars. he absorbed his ship and would have been able to wipe them out.

solaris could have wtfpwn'd that group of heroes effortlessly. superman 1M could prolly take out that entire group of heroes.

lionking
he takes about how he has come omnipotence

like i said blink

pufff

superman prime and the rest are history. infact with that much power he would beable to remove them from history
lolololol

lionking
in order to stop himself from absorbing the UNIVERSE and EVERYTHING BEYOND

Galactus ERASES that UNIVERSE from existence

http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13vp5.jpg

"And without a sound, the UNIVERSE behind them softly and suddenly VANISHES AWAY"

and superman primes got a chance full powered galactus would give anyone fits

King Kandy
can't see the scan because of the filter at work. i assume it's the one where doom is looking at the foundations of reality or something. the ones from secret wars.

if its the first scan, he has BEYONDER'S POWERS, not galactus's. if it's the one where his senses are enhanced . . . whoopty-doo . . . the heroes defied galactus in secret wars. he absorbed his ship and would have been able to wipe them out.

solaris could have wtfpwn'd that group of heroes effortlessly. superman 1M could prolly take out that entire group of heroes.
I can see the scans... It's him with the Beyonders power and also the enhaqnced senses scans. Both of them.

Mr Master

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomfullgalactus1hr7.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomuniversalawarenessct0.jpg

SUperman prime and all the superman you can think of would be blinked away.

full powered galactus read what the scans have to say about how powerfull he is

There's only one scan here with Beyonder's power,

the "Eternity Foundation" scan ... (even I mixed this up once)

we're human fellas smile

The rest are Doom powered by Galactus and his World Ship.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr Master
The rest are Doom powered by Galactus and his World Ship.
I'm pretty sure that he only had the worldships power... But I could be mistaken.

Mr Master
Here are the proper scans:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/8286/doomabsorbsbiggshipki1.th.jpg

"Perhaps the greatest Energy Source in the Universe"

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1746/67594413qz5.th.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/930/doomabsorbsbiggship3yh7.th.jpg

This is Dr. Doom....after Absorbing Galactus's power...and Galactus's SHIP.
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2152/doomfullgalactusrr7.th.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4957/doomfullgalactus1cx6.th.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9328/doomfullgalactus2db9.th.jpg

"What could Beyonder give me that is not already within my power"?

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4130/d1dp9.th.jpg

King Kandy
Yeah... It looks like he only got the ships power...

lionking
Galactus says that with the merest gesture, he could take out the Earth heroes. He also explains that he now has a craving for life energy.

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bjN/view-image/galactusthedevourer-3--18.html

The energy is killing everything.
Surfer also says that life energy has no substance, and that Galactus needs the nutrients of the worlds, and the life energy is killing him.

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bjO/view-image/galactusthedevourer-3--19.html

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bjP/view-image/galactusthedevourer-3--20.html

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bk2/view-image/galactusthedevourer-6--15.html

Surfer while in Galactus's ship, observes the battle, and says that Eternity himself made it clear that Galactus is necissary to the universe.
Surfer then warps space around Galactus's ship.

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bkh/view-image/galactusthedevourer-6--28.html

King Kandy
Galactus says that with the merest gesture, he could take out the Earth heroes. He also explains that he now has a craving for life energy.

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bjN/view-image/galactusthedevourer-3--18.html

The energy is killing everything.
Surfer also says that life energy has no substance, and that Galactus needs the nutrients of the worlds, and the life energy is killing him.

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bjO/view-image/galactusthedevourer-3--19.html

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bjP/view-image/galactusthedevourer-3--20.html

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bk2/view-image/galactusthedevourer-6--15.html

Surfer while in Galactus's ship, observes the battle, and says that Eternity himself made it clear that Galactus is necissary to the universe.
Surfer then warps space around Galactus's ship.

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3bkh/view-image/galactusthedevourer-6--28.html
Relevancy: 0

lionking
show me some scans of superman prime and and the rest of the supermen that matches up with this

Mr Master
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah... It looks like he only got the ships power...

I threw in an extra one to complete the puzzle.

It seems you're right.

King Kandy
show me some scans of superman prime and and the rest of the supermen that matches up with this
There aren't any...

No, he held back a galaxy or something, I don't have the scan on me but I'm sure someone does.

King Kandy
I threw in an extra one to complete the puzzle.

It seems you're right.
Thanks.

Soljer
There aren't any...

No, he held back a galaxy or something, I don't have the scan on me but I'm sure someone does.

It's in the Respect thread, he attempted to hold back a galaxy with his force vision.

Mr Master
Thanks.

I should add though,

the Ship seems to wield Universal Power or atleast Near-Universal.

I'll flip some Korvac pages in a bit to be sure but,

as soon as Korvac absorbed Galactus' Ship he became Cosmic Scale in power.

King Kandy
I should add though,

the Ship seems to wield Universal Power or atleast Near-Universal.

I'll flip some Korvac pages in a bit to be sure but,

as soon as Korvac absorbed Galactus' Ship he became Cosmic Scale in power.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1017/korvacabsorbsg9uo.th.jpg
Well, having cosmic level power (Even Near Galactus level one) is hardly universal power... That's Eternity's gig.

Mr Master
Well, having cosmic level power (Even Near Galactus level one) is hardly universal power... That's Eternity's gig.

I'm looking for the actual saga,

that scan is from the What If,

my bad.

lionking
galactus has not been shown to his true power but i think soon we will see a full powered galactus

lionking
Galactus learned of Tyrant's betrayal and engaged him in a titantic battle that unleashed energies that may have destroyed whole galaxies.

leonidas
galactus has not been shown to his true power but i think soon we will see a full powered galactus

which is what i said . . .

galactus SAYS a lot of things. he also loses -- a LOT. superman 1M has been shown to have galactic-level powers. there are ZERO top tier heroes with that scope of power. thanos could never HOPE to affect an entire galaxy with his base powers.

and 1M was meaningless to solaris.

solaris and galactus can definitely be mentioned in the same sentence. g's power-level fluctuates wildly of course, so the comparison is not ideal. but solaris is a cosmic-level entity and threat, there's no doubt of that, able to adapt and defend almost instantly to or against whatever energy is used against him.

leonidas
Galactus learned of Tyrant's betrayal and engaged him in a titantic battle that unleashed energies that may have destroyed whole galaxies.

meaningless again. tyrant + galactus destroyed galaxies. surtur (a skyfather-level being) has also destroyed a galaxy on his own.

even when g was the universal destroyer in the black celestial arc, it was because his hunger was being altered so that he never became sated. could he absorb a whole universe normally? who knows . . .

lionking
so what u are saying is superman prime would beat a full powered galactus

lionking
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Swanky-Tuna
galactus SAYS a lot of things. he also loses -- a LOT. superman 1M has been shown to have galactic-level powers. there are ZERO top tier heroes with that scope of power. thanos could never HOPE to affect an entire galaxy with his base powers.
How powerful is Superman 1m without the powers given to him by Superman Prime?

leonidas
so what u are saying is superman prime would beat a full powered galactus

laughing

you don't debate often, eh?

anyhow, obviously YOU said (an idea pushed forward by your inability to comprehend what I REALLY said), has led you to BELEIVE that in someway you think i think prime could beat galactus.

the funniest part is -- i never once, anywhere, mentioned prime . . . confused

but you're right on one score: it IS funny to see people try and debate for the first time. big grin

leonidas
How powerful is Superman 1m without the powers given to him by Superman Prime?

i'm not really sure, swank. i'm not even 100% sure he was a kryptonian before he was granted his powers, but i THINK he was. i thought there was some mention of his dna at some point . . .

i generally avoid speculating on prime's power-level, because so little was shown of him. clearly he too is cosmic-level in power, but where he tops out is impossible to tell.

if he still had the k-nite weakness (if the 'bullet solaris shot at him really WOULD have killed him) that makes him a lot less impressive. however, if prepared and battling, he would likely have some graeter defenses against it than he has even now.

prime's an enigma, and until more is shown, he will remain as such, imo. but he IS fun to think about. smile

Mr Master
testing ...

Mr Master

Ok,

I found the appropriate evidence.

Galactus's World Ship does give Universal Control.

"Knowledge is Power ... He understood the impact of Absorbing Knowledge as boundless an Infinity"
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/76/18tv2.th.jpg
"He was neither man or machine, but had become a God"

"He would be free to make Subtle Alterations in the Fabric of Reality"
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/1391/19id4.th.jpg

Apparently these "Subtle Alterations" were Universal:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9224/91103486ym9.th.jpg
"The Universe itself, somehow has been Subtly Altered"

When Doom absorbed the World Ship, he had power, Universal in scale.

nvrbeenwthagirl
having power universal in scale doesn't mean that one has complete dominance over the universe. ONly that one can affect the entire universe in some small to even large way. Love and Hate have universal power. But they cannot take the place of eternity.

Mr Master
having power universal in scale doesn't mean that one has complete dominance over the universe. ONly that one can affect the entire universe in some small to even large way.

Korvac was Altering the Universe.

Universal Control.

Galactus' World Ship = the power to Alter the Universe.

cool

Love and Hate have universal power. But they cannot take the place of eternity.

Love and Hate only have Universal power concerning those specific emotions.

You can't compare a Concept with a Humanoid being.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Korvac was Altering the Universe.

Universal Control.

cool

Love and Hate only have Universal power concerning those specific emotions.

You can't compare a Concept with a Humanoid being.

That does not compute. Being able to alter the universe is not, I repeat, not taking the place of eternity. It is simply messing with his insides. Too many people have universal might. all of them cannot have the power to replace or supercede eternity's ultimate authority. since eternity pretty much knows all and sees all, he knows any way, that it won't last. It's all part of him. Even when someone alters him. It's still part of the reality that he makes up.

Mr Master
That does not compute. Being able to alter the universe is not, I repeat, not taking the place of eternity. It is simply messing with his insides. Too many people have universal might. all of them cannot have the power to replace or supercede eternity's ultimate authority. since eternity pretty much knows all and sees all, he knows any way, that it won't last. It's all part of him. Even when someone alters him. It's still part of the reality that he makes up.

Incorrect,

not too many people can Remake the Universe/Eternity.

And no one said anything about replacing Eternity (so why are you repeating yourself?)

If you can Remake the Universe, then you are above Eternity.

In Marvel that's how it is,

if you're speaking for DC,

that's a separate matter I know not about.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Incorrect,

not too many people can Remake the Universe/Eternity.

And no one said anything about replacing Eternity (so why are you repeating yourself?)

If you can Remake the Universe, then you are above Eternity.

In Marvel that's how it is,

if you're speaking for DC,

that's a separate matter I know not about.

SO you think becuz someone can remake parts of reality, as they have never comepletely remade him. That would require a completer rewriting of everything. Like the beyonder could do it. But most people just change somethings about eternity. not all things. And since most beings who have this power you speak of, are part of eternity, how can they be above him? Isn't he everthing that comes from hiM? scarlet witch comes from eternity, so isn't it within his power to tap her power for his own ends?

illadelph12
^Nvr has a very good point.

Mr Master
SO you think becuz someone can remake parts of reality, as they have never comepletely remade him. That would require a completer rewriting of everything. Like the beyonder could do it. But most people just change somethings about eternity. not all things.

Dude,

why do you always make a statement as though another said it?

Who said "remaking Parts of Reality" = Remaking Eternity?

WHO?

I clearly said,

Remaking the Universe = Above Eternity

Eternity = Universe

If the Universe gets Remade, it's Eternity getting Remade.

(ENTIRELY)

But most people just change somethings about eternity. not all things.

WHO are these "Most People?"

Here we go,

making empty claims.

And since most beings who have this power you speak of, are part of eternity, how can they be above him? Isn't he everthing that comes from hiM? scarlet witch comes from eternity, so isn't it within his power to tap her power for his own ends?

Logically?

Yes.

In Comics?

No.

leonidas
and yet, even after korvac had absorbed this seemingly 'infinite' energy, the avengers battled him for an entire issue and had him on the ropes. and while korvac himself lost the battle ultimately, the avengers DID harm him and challenge him. that a group of top tier heroes could fight him for so long doesn't say that much about the power he gained.

korvac was tough, he had the ability to alter reality -- as many do -- and was able to hide from the cosmics who didn't know what he'd done and so weren't actually seeking him out. he was literally hiding on earth, biding his time. he bragged that odin couldn't stand up to him, but who knows . . .

universal power can mean a lot of different things.

Mr Master
and yet, even after korvac had absorbed this seemingly 'infinite' energy, the avengers battled him for an entire issue and had him on the ropes. and while korvac himself lost the battle ultimately, the avengers DID harm him and challenge him. that a group of top tier heroes could fight him for so long doesn't say that much about the power he gained.

All the so called "omnipotent" beings get owned by Heroes.

That's Comics.

With the exception of Thanos of course, who ultimately enjoys owning himself. smile

korvac was tough, he had the ability to alter reality -- as many do -- and was able to hide from the cosmics who didn't know what he'd done and so weren't actually seeking him out. he was literally hiding on earth, biding his time. he bragged that odin couldn't stand up to him, but who knows . . .

universal power can mean a lot of different things.

In Korvac's case,

it meant the power to Alter Reality on a Universal Scale

nvrbeenwthagirl

That's Comics.

With the exception of Thanos of course, who ultimately enjoys owning himself. smile

In Korvac's case,

To my knowlege, even korvaks subletly altering the universe would be part of eternity or in his plan. The only one Who I can recall being out of eternities grasp were the watch and maybe the surfer.

leonidas

That's Comics.

In Korvac's case,

maybe, but it was a subtle alteration. and of course he was cosmic-level, but not necessarily above galactus or any of the other cosmics. i always had the impression that he somehow diverted attention away from himself, sort of warped things in such a way as no one would really take notice of him. starhawk stood right beside him and couldn't see him because korvac masked his power from the cosmics. starhawk finally got pissed because the avengers were talking to korvac but starhawk couldn't even SEE who they were talking to. that's when he revealed his power, and at the same time he was then no longer able to mask his power from the cosmics. so how universalwas it? erm

his 'universal' warping appeared rather limited, to answer my own question. so limited that when his powers were used the warping ended.

a nice feat, universal in name i suppose because the warp did seem to extend across the universe to affect the perceptions of the cosmics, but in the end, still just a decent feat.

the keeper (ss + quantum bands) actually did a very similar feat and masked HIS presence from all the cosmics, including eon, from whom mar-vell's awareness stems. and keeper<<galactus.

Mr Master
To my knowlege, even korvaks subletly altering the universe would be part of eternity or in his plan. The only one Who I can recall being out of eternities grasp were the watch and maybe the surfer.

I wonder why Eternity didn't tap into Korvac's power if it was possible.

Eternity would have avoided this:

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5489/kpz4.th.jpg

I could bomb this page with scenerios of Beings within Eternity Owning Eternity.

But that should be enough.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I wonder why Eternity didn't tap into Korvac's power if it was possible.

Eternity would have avoided this:

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5489/kpz4.th.jpg

I could bomb this page with scenerios of Beings within Eternity Owning Eternity.

But that should be enough.

Unless of course your failing to see my point. Being that Eternity Knows all and is all, even him being owned would be part of his essence. Try and grasp it. let it sink in. you'll get it eventually.

Mr Master
maybe, but it was a subtle alteration. and of course he was cosmic-level, but not necessarily above galactus or any of the other cosmics.

Other than the the Celestial Arc,

I've never seen Galactus Alter the Universe.

I've never seen any Conceptual Abstract Alter the Universe.

I did see Korvac do it.

The Writer said he could.

Captain Marvel said he did.

i always had the impression that he somehow diverted attention away from himself, sort of warped things in such a way as no one would really take notice of him. starhawk stood right beside him and couldn't see him because korvac masked his power from the cosmics. starhawk finally got pissed because the avengers were talking to korvac but starhawk couldn't even SEE who they were talking to. that's when he revealed his power, and at the same time he was then no longer able to mask his power from the cosmics. so how universalwas it?

his 'universal' warping appeared rather limited, to answer my own question. so limited that when his powers were used the warping ended.

a nice feat, universal in name i suppose because the warp did seem to extend across the universe to affect the perceptions of the cosmics, but in the end, still just a decent feat.

In the end it was a Universal feat.

Korvac Altered the Universe ...

Now how he got defeated with the necessary PIS that needs to be included in order to accomplish that with Heroes is another story. (I'm not debating this)

Bottom line:

Galactus' World Ship = the power to Alter Reality on a Universal Scale.

Mr Master
Unless of course your failing to see my point. Being that Eternity Knows all and is all, even him being owned would be part of his essence. Try and grasp it. let it sink in. you'll get it eventually.

firefirefireph

I knew it wouldn't take long.

ctu_stylez
master owing beyotches once again!

nvrbeenwthagirl
firefirefireph

I knew it wouldn't take long.

You can say what you want about me, but THe LT has stated that before the IG saga, Eternity knew all and was all. And the None escaped his knowlege of thier destiny. This would include KORVAK. Eternity knows everything. So someone owning him would be part of the history that makes him. To tamper with it would unmake him. What if Korvaks tampering lead to some other events that lead to other events that hold his reality together. Talk trash about me all you want, but i'm going by what the LT said about eternity. Thus even Eternity getting owned would be part of his plan or his destiny and thus the person owning him, would also be part of eternity and not really in any real control.

Mr Master
You can say what you want about me, but THe LT has stated that before the IG saga, Eternity knew all and was all. And the None escaped his knowlege of thier destiny. This would include KORVAK. Eternity knows everything. So someone owning him would be part of the history that makes him. To tamper with it would unmake him. What if Korvaks tampering lead to some other events that lead to other events that hold his reality together. Talk trash about me all you want, but i'm going by what the LT said about eternity. Thus even Eternity getting owned would be part of his plan or his destiny and thus the person owning him, would also be part of eternity and not really in any real control.

greennuts

Go Read Comics.

I have to ignore you now, cause you're wasting my time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
greennuts

Go Read Comics.

I have to ignore you now, cause you're wasting my time.

You have to ignore me becuz you have nothing to say to refute me or you can't grasp the concept. You insulting me shows me that you don't understand. YOu do that alot. You have always done that. Not just to me. have a good night.

Mr Master
You have to ignore me becuz you have nothing to say to refute me or you can't grasp the concept. You insulting me shows me that you don't understand. YOu do that alot. You have always done that. Not just to me. have a good night.

I'm not insulting you,

I'm telling you the truth.

You're going in circles, that's what this means: bluenuts

You're trying to tell me that Eternity can tap into the power of the residents within him,

which is untrue.

You're trying to say that Eternity manipulates his own demise when the Universe gets Remade,

which is untrue.

Now go and try to find evidence of these claims, come back and I'll reply accordingly.

But if you're going to continue to post your Unsupported theoretical speculation,

you'll get the circle dancing smilie. smile

Mr Master
I think I know what you're feeding off of.

Eternity may know what Has, Is, or Will take place in his Universe,

but this in no way means he's the puppeteer pulling the strings when he gets Owned.

"To know the Future is to be trapped by it"

On the other hand,

if you shift the Balance of the Universe BOTH Eternity and Infinity loose focus:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4889/43031272oa3.th.jpg

leonidas
Other than the the Celestial Arc,

I've never seen Galactus Alter the Universe.

I've never seen any Conceptual Abstract Alter the Universe.

I did see Korvac do it.

The Writer said he could.

Captain Marvel said he did.

In the end it was a Universal feat.

Korvac Altered the Universe ...

Now how he got defeated with the necessary PIS that needs to be included in order to accomplish that with Heroes is another story. (I'm not debating this)

Bottom line:

Galactus' World Ship = the power to Alter Reality on a Universal Scale.

i'm not sure what we're debating here. if your sole claim is that the ship is capable of giving power to alter the universe in a pretty meaningless, subtle way, sure, i guess it gave him that. if you want to label that 'universal power,' again, go nuts. i hope you're not saying though that just because you've never seen the exact phrasing you're clinging to used in relation to galactus, that it means he's INCAPABLE of the same feat korvac pulled. g is a cosmic -- cosmics play a ROLE in the universe -- they're not likely to go around altering it. anytime someone alters reality, he/she is altering the universe. bottomline -- korvac used the power he had to hide and shield himself, a feat duplicated exactly by the keeper. korvac became a cosmic with his stolen power. he could alter the universe in some small fashion. is that the whole point of this?

ultimately the most telling thing about the power korvac stole happens in gotg, when krugarr (the future dr strange) captures the child-korvac (who had all of korvac's power that he stole from galactus) in a simple magical sphere and brings him to galactus where he and the power are less than nothing. galactus then reabsorbs his stolen power back. simple as that. the regained power was meaningless to galactus who simply comtinued on his way after regaining it as though it were nothing. so now he HAS korvac's power + his own. so you've STILL never seen on-panel someone say galactus is altering the universe, but, is it safe NOW to say galactus could pretty easily do so, whenever he wanted to? and probably a lot more dramatically than korvac ever did . . .

again, if hiding yourself and being unable to USE your power without getting caught is a display of 'universal power', it isn't much of one, and it certainly didn't impress galactus.

King Kandy
Altering isn't the same as remaking...

Galan007

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomfullgalactus1hr7.jpgI hate to burst your bubble, but technically we've never seen Galactus at "full power".

Even during SW I (where these scans are from), it was made very clear that after Big G absorbed his World Ship, he was going to absorb the Planets/Stars around him incase he would have to do battle the Beyonder.

So if Galactus was going to continue absorbing Planets/Stars after he devoured his World Ship, he clearly wasn't at "full power".

So Doom clearly didn't absorb the "full power" of Galactus. doped

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomuniversalawarenessct0.jpgThis scan is after Doom stole Beyonder's power.

They have no relevance to your argument.
SUperman prime and all the superman you can think of would be blinked away. It would take a little more than a blink. wink
full powered galactus read what the scans have to say about how powerfull he is Again, that was not Galactus at "full power".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.