Storm VS GL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2damnloud
Hal Jordan vs Ororo

Both at Full power and bloodlusted.

They both have 72 hrs of Prep.

They start 100 yards apart, both with their powers active.

shifty

2damnloud
Storm:

Storm is a mutant with the psionic ability to control the weather. When using her powers, artists have consistently depicted that her eyes illuminate a white color and aura. Storm has the power to control both cosmic storms and ocean currents in addition to her terestrial weather manipulating abilities. Her character displayed these abilities in various issues of Uncanny X-Men. She manipulated the solar wind to destroy a Sentinel and summoned the power of a galactic core to purge her body of a Brood embryo that was implanted in her during a major story-arc in which the X-Men were in outer space.

Storm has the ability to control wind, lightning, summon all manner of precipitation, reduce or raise the temperature of her environment and use winds to fly at high speeds. Her powers also work the other way, enabling her to calm all weather and precipitations. Storm has used her abilities to manipulate ocean currents and tides on several occasions. Storm is also portrayed as highly immune to the effects of all weather, most notably lightning and extreme heat and cold, and she can alter her visual perceptions so as to see the universe as multi-colored energy patterns and the factors behind weather. She can also coalesce the toxic pollutants in the atmosphere and allow them to perciptate out as acid rain or toxic fog. She can also create powerful downbursts. Her abilities are limited by her willpower and strength of her body.

Since Chris Claremont established her backstory in Uncanny X-Men #102 (December 1976), Storm is consistently portrayed as a skilled thief and a gifted hand-to-hand fighter, trained by Wolverine, and having defeated both Callisto and the Crimson Commando, both highly experienced fighters, in single combat. She is fluent in both Arabic and Swahili. Storm always carries with her a set of lock-picks and her ancestral ruby, which is capable of inter-dimensional transportation with the help of Ororo's lightning. As part of her ancestry, Storm also has a natural potential for magic. In addition, Storm is emotionally attuned to the weather and her surrounding natural environment. As a consequence, her character is often shown suppressing extreme feelings due to her emotional state having a direct effect on the weather. She has also been shown to sense the dynamics of the natural world, as she has done so on more than one occasion; she once felt a diseased and dying tree on the mansion grounds, the gravitational exertion of the moon on the tides, as well as the incorrect motion of a hurricane in the Northern Hemisphere. In Black Panther #21 (2006), writer Reginald Hudlin hinted her to be an Omega-level mutant, a fictional description for mutants of the ultimate power level. He let Iron Man discuss this with sentinels at the end of the comic. Marvel writer, Chris Claremont had previously hinted at this power level by letting the X-Men compare her to the world-devouring Phoenix, the term Omega Mutant having not then been coined. However, this seems to be contradictory due to Storm's body having reached its limits in comics beforehand.

GL:

All Green Lanterns wield a power ring that can generate a variety of effects and energy constructs, sustained purely by the ring wearer's strength of will. The greater the user's willpower, the more effective the ring. The limits of the power ring's abilities are not clearly defined and it has been referred to as "the most powerful weapon in the universe" on more than one occasion. Across the years, the ring has been shown capable of accomplishing anything within the imagination of the ring bearer. Often the rings are used to form solid-light constructs, the power and size of which are limited only by the ring-bearer's willpower. Stories in 2006 retconned the ring's longtime lack of effect on yellow objects, stating that the ring-bearer need only feel fear and overcome it in order to affect yellow objects.

Power rings of various wielders have exhibited (but are not limited to) the following:

Plasma based constructs limited to the willpower of the bearer
Semi-sentient computers, including Book of Oa reference, from laws to the history of the universe
Flight across the cosmos through wormholes
Finite power source, but no longer limited to 24 hours. Kyle Rayner's ring was the first ring to absorb more power than originally thought, having stored the main power battery's energy following its explosion on Oa.
Force field generation
Radiation simulation, including Kryptonite
Kyle Rayner suggested, during the battle with Alex Nero, that the ring can split atoms.
Upon death of the wielder, the ring automatically looks for a replacement.
Green Lantern: Rebirth revealed that only a certain type of willpower can use the ring effectively, as evidenced when Green Arrow's "cynical" willpower barely allows him to generate a single arrow and leaves him exhausted after this feat.

juggernaut66666
Are you nuts?
Hal 1000/1000

Rewmac
Hal would wipe the floor Storm. She isn't much of a match. She isn't even a training.

King_Mungi
haha wow....I'm shocked...wow...that's...wow

Soleran
Is this Hal without his ring maybe?

horrorwolf
Storm wins this easily 10/10 when Hal's ring is broken.

Hal takes it 10/10 when his ring is fully functional.

Draco69
no expression

id369
Spite Thread.

Hercules
Originally posted by id369
Spite Thread.

No, I think he actually thinks Storm can take this... sad confused

id369
Originally posted by Hercules
No, I think he actually thinks Storm can take this... sad confused

No one on this forum can be this stupid..... confused

Nataku8188

Nataku paging Stormfront to the thread, I repeat, Nataku paging Stormfront, please proceed to this thread.

ExodusCloak
I can't help but feel sorry for the Storm fans...a handful of people claiming to be true fans have just abused and tarnished her reputation on this forum.

inamilist
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I can't help but feel sorry for the Storm fans...a handful of people claiming to be true fans have just abused and tarnished her reputation on this forum.

indeed, she has become a lot like a bad joke now

Hercules

You saw the Exodus vs Storm thread right? wink

id369
Originally posted by Hercules
You saw the Exodus vs Storm thread right? wink

I participated in that thread.

bean_machine

Rutog98 does. Apparently a FP Storm can beat Galactus. confused

Soljer
The more (s)he posts, the more I'm sure (s)he's a joke.

Rutog98
Originally posted by bean_machine

Here you go lying. I said that it is possible for a FP Storm to beat Galactus. It depends on what the writer wants to do. If you are going to quote, get it right. The lady has a unity with life itself and can control the forces that govern the universe. This is already in canon for the character. A FP Storm may very well be able to this on an unlimited scale.

I don't know enough about GL to debate this. I don't read DC. Stop saying I think Ororo can beat GL as its lying.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Rutog98
I'm a ****ing retard!

That's essentially what I got out of that.

celestialdemon
This is a massacre in favor of GL.

bean_machine
Here you go lying. I said that it is possible for a FP Storm to beat Galactus. It depends on what the writer wants to do. If you are going to quote, get it right. The lady has a unity with life itself and can control the forces that govern the universe. This is already in canon for the character. A FP Storm may very well be able to this on an unlimited scale.

I don't know enough about GL to debate this. I don't read DC. Stop saying I think Ororo can beat GL as its lying.

Yes indeed you have.

SO Rutog98 Storm = Phoenix ?

She has that kind of power, yes. She holds herself back and all, but its there.

Are you being serious. Do you know the crazy feats that Phoenix has?

I know the crazy feats the Phoenix has. We have had years and years of stories to tell us what she can do. Unfortunately, we only have a handfull of stories for Ororo that give glimpses of her full potential or hint at it but nothing that really comes out and really delves into it. However, if it were, I have no doubt that it would be equally as impressive as the PF.

Hmm...I probably should have done this differently and just used scans in posts as they were needed. This is a bit overwhelming. lol!
If you want, I don't mind if mods closed this thread and we begin anew and I just use these scans as they become necessary in the discussion for my rebuttles.

In what way can her powers grow, evolve, whatever...

That would put her on par with Phoenix?

Maybe she will become a god one day, never on the level of Phoenix

The lady can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend these forces to her will. This includes stars, planets, empty space, etc. She evolves and wields unlimited power, that means she can manipulate these forces on any scale. She has a unity with life itself and draws strength from these energies. I mean, the possibilities are endless with the character. You did not read the scans. Hence, I think I went about this thread the wrong way.

Can she beat Big G. The Phoenix can roll with the Big G. Storm can not and never will be able to.

laughing laughing laughing laughing
The lady can do whatever the writer wants her to do. If he wants her to battle with the Big G, he can evolve her to power levels where she could. The potential is there if the writer wants to push her in that direction.

With that line of thought Aunt May can kick the crap out of Big G. She may not have as much potential as Storm, but if the writers wanted it it can happen. laughing

In a fight there is no way Storm can beat Phoenix, ever. Unless the writers is smoking some ****ed up crack.

That millions of stars thing is in the official handbook now that just came out this month.

My position on Storm vs. Galactus is she would have to evolve. If she can controls the energies that govern the universe (and she can as stated in on of my Uncanny 166 scans) and control this on an unlimited scale (again, very possible), then yeah, she can roll with him. Right now, she has limits, however.

Anyway, this thread is Storm vs. Exodus. Are we all agreed that she beats him? Can we all shut up now or are you going to post some coherent reasons why he would win? wink Don't say things like "he fought off all of these people" when I see powerhouses like Storm functioning at far less than full power in that story. What has he done?

If she can controls the energies that govern the universe (and she can as stated in on of my Uncanny 166 scans) and control this on an unlimited scale (again, very possible), then yeah, she can roll with him (Galactus). Right now, she has limits, however.

From the above sentence, A FP Storm has the ability to roll with Big G and that implies at least 1-5/10 for Storm against Big G.

Its laughable very laughable
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Deny it all you want, but you believe it.

leonidas
doh

bean_machine

I never said you claimed that current Storm can beat Galactus. I said that you believe that A FP Storm, a Storm that can controls the energies that govern the universe (and she can as stated in on of my Uncanny 166 scans) and control this on an unlimited scale (again, very possible), can beat Big G.

You stated it. I am not lying.

bean_machine
I never said you claimed that current Storm can beat Galactus. I said that you believe that A FP Storm, a Storm that can controls the energies that govern the universe (and she can as stated in on of my Uncanny 166 scans) and control this on an unlimited scale (again, very possible), can beat Big G.

You stated it. I am not lying. I just didn't say it in as many words as now.

So am I really a liar? wink

bean_machine
Stop saying I think Ororo can beat GL as its lying.

Oh and can you post a quote of that claim I supposedly made?

Swanky-Tuna
Think of anything up to like a high herald level. Yeah, GL can do that. I don't even need to know what you were thinking because he can do that.

bean_machine
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Think of anything up to like a high herald level. Yeah, GL can do that. I don't even need to know what you were thinking because he can do that.

Hal Jordan full power and bloodlusted. Definately high herald level at least.

TricksterPriest
No one on this forum can be this stupid..... confused Don't bet on it. And how is this not spite? roll eyes (sarcastic) Jordan is probably the best of the Lanterns, not counting Ion. Storm is just a mutant who can control the weather. doh I forgot, I'm talking to someone who thinks Storm can beat Exodus, Apocalypse, Phoenix, Galactus, Jesus Cable, Thor, etc. DUDE, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE CLAIMING?! You're saying the ***** is over herald level and verging on Abstract. jawdrop Just stop. No one on this board supports your 'God Storm' viewpoint. you are spamming the forum, irritating posters, and destroying Storm's rep. spam_laser Possibly more than Hudlin. Btw, am I the only one who thinks Rutog IS Hudlin? Because that might explain why he's wanking Storm. stick out tongue

bean_machine
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Because that might explain why he's wanking Storm. stick out tongue

laughing

Rutog98
Yes indeed you have.

I was speaking of current Storm vs. GL when I made my comment that I have not. Do I think FP Storm can beat Galactus, I think it is possible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.