Superman One Million vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Superman One Million retaining his full power.
vs.
Odin at his best.

Rules
In Character
To the Death
No PIS/CIS
In a neutral universe.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Prolly SM1. His power suggest he is on par with Odin. And he is part Genie. His magic resistance is pretty up there. Tho I think Odin could use what ever he used on Surtur for some wins. So I'm going 5/10 each.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Prolly SM1. His power suggest he is on par with Odin. And he is part Genie. His magic resistance is pretty up there. Tho I think Odin could use what ever he used on Surtur for some wins. So I'm going 5/10 each.

His powerset om par with Odin's? I hope your not serious.

Please explain one way Superman 1 mill can defeat Odin.

King Kandy
Odin shakes the Multiverse... One of the cracks goes right through supes...

Soujaboy
Originally posted by King Kandy

And took place in battles that spanned across every plain of existence simultaneously.

guy222
Originally posted by id369
Superman One Million retaining his full power.
vs.
Odin at his best.

Rules
In Character
To the Death
No PIS/CIS
In a neutral universe.

Odin

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
And took place in battles that spanned across every plain of existence simultaneously.

And yet he couldn't put down thanos. SM1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos

Martian_mind
s1m has done nothing to put him on Odin's scale....NOTHING.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Martian_mind
s1m has done nothing to put him on Odin's scale....NOTHING.

Except for the fact that his force vision, ( low lvl power by all superman standards) held back a galaxy. ANd he punched his way thru the freaking time barrier while he was WEAK. Punching thru the fabric of Reality is really something only a skyfather lvl being can do. as a matter of fact, what has ODin done recently that makes him all that people claim he's done.

Martian_mind
Recently?well,he's been dead,so there has been that roadblock.

Odin however has obliterated Galaxy's,A portion of his power was destroying the universe and Odin beat it,fully healed the universe and then mindwiped the contless of beings who were affected.

He not only tore reality,he shook the foundations of the multi-verse and reincarnated 10 billion souls as Mangog....Supes 1 Mil is very good,but not Odin good.

SpunkySmurph
Doesn't Sasquatch have a reality-tearing-strength feat?

I wouldn't go around saying he could beat Odin. ermmnone

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Doesn't Sasquatch have a reality-tearing-strength feat?

I wouldn't go around saying he could beat Odin. ermmnone

Mungi would, shifty.

stick out tongue.

Martian_mind
LoL

bigbran
Originally posted by Soljer
Mungi would, shifty.

stick out tongue. Stop it! mad. <-------- confused. <-------- ?

stick out tongue. <---------- ?

Soujaboy
Except for the fact that his force vision, ( low lvl power by all superman standards) held back a galaxy. ANd he punched his way thru the freaking time barrier while he was WEAK. Punching thru the fabric of Reality is really something only a skyfather lvl being can do. as a matter of fact, what has ODin done recently that makes him all that people claim he's done.

So by holding a galaxy he's now somehow on Odin's lv? Lets see what Odin does to galaxies.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/OdinvsSeth9.jpg

Notice how he's easily shattering galaxies.

While weak Odin sent shock waves through every plain of existence. Also, punching through the fabric of reality is in no way an indication of being a skyfather lv character considering Thor, Hercules, Hulk, Sasquatch, have all done so.

"What has Odin done recently that makes him all people claim he's done?"

What the hell are you asking?

WhiteWitchKing
And yet he couldn't put down thanos. SM1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos

Silly comparison using a low showing of Odin where he still proved surperior.

The notion that SM1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos is untrue. There is no basis for your claim.

I'll do a comparison for you.

SM1 feats Vs. Odin feats

1]
- SM1 held back a galaxy
- Odin destroyed serveral galaxies and reignited stars as side effect of his fights (in several different fights)
One fight shock that multiverse where both fought on all planes of existence.

It's clear as day Odin has better feat

2]
- SM1 punched his way thru the freaking time barrier while he was WEAK AND WITH tech assistance
- Big whoop. Odin sent Gladitor back to his future with a gesture. Moved Earth population about time and space with a gesture.

Odin again.

Except that skyfathers don't need to punch thru the fabric of reality. They simply raise their pimp hand and will someone throw time.

Like I said, There is no basis for SM1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos. Any feat SM1 can perform, Odin can do better. And if Odin couldn't put down Thanos, his inferior, SM1, won't either. But really, stop the bull 'cause we both know Thanos is weaker than Odin and SM1.

SM1 is nothing special. Odin has no weakness. SM1 requires the power of the Super Sun to fuel his powers. That's not likely going to happen when galaxies start shattering and the fight drag out through the universe. Odin wins by either destruction of the Super Sun, fight moves far away from Super Sun, or Odin just out right slaps SM1 down. Odin 9/10.

hunbu04
Odin would not want tto destroy the supersun don't forget it is a creation of prime who was a new god literally and more powerful than Roa krypton skyfather who we all know is more powerful than Odin.
prime with his GL ring just need to think to erase Odin from existance

bigbran
Originally posted by hunbu04
Odin would not want tto destroy the supersun don't forget it is a creation of prime who was a new god literally and more powerful than Roa krypton skyfather who we all know is more powerful than Odin.
prime with his GL ring just need to think to erase Odin from existance What does Prime have to do with this thread?

Why don't we just call down all the Celestials to fight for Odin... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Supreme being

Oh please when was the last time odin shook a multiverse you should check the date of the last time he did that. Point is Odin isnt capable of such a feat anymore.

Endless Mike
He never did such a feat in the first place.

Best he did was the universe and a few adjacent dimensions.

Anyway if I wanted to I could say Superman 1 Million beat a 5d imp who are capable of easily destroying and recreating multiverses, but I know that's stupid so I won't.

bigbran
Originally posted by Supreme being
Oh please when was the last time odin shook a multiverse you should check the date of the last time he did that. Point is Odin isnt capable of such a feat anymore. Or should have ever been capable of it...

If you actually look at what he did, anyone can see the pis coming off of that feat.
He managed to put shockwaves through Eternity... into the other Eternities, and so far.
You really think that Odin could bypass time and space, and bypass Eternity?

It's a stupid feat, and a pis feat.

Supreme being
Originally posted by bigbran
Or should have ever been capable of it...

If you actually look at what he did, anyone can see the pis coming off of that feat.
He managed to put shockwaves through Eternity... into the other Eternities, and so far.

But you just know when a thread is involving Odin the first feat the Odin lovers throw out is oh Odin shook a multi verse or sometimes they leave it as their trump card. And we have to bear in mind that this is the same Odin that gets trumped by celestials oh wait was that Odin having a bad day i forget.

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by bigbran
Or should have ever been capable of it...

Only if you are anti-Odin. That's how powerful Stan and Jack intended Odin to be.

thtadthtshldntb
But you just know when a thread is involving Odin the first feat the Odin lovers throw out is oh Odin shook a multi verse or sometimes they leave it as their trump card. And we have to bear in mind that this is the same Odin that gets trumped by celestials oh wait was that Odin having a bad day i forget.

Odin took on the whole 4th Host. Odin might have been able to defeat one Celestial.

Batman-Prime
Superman 1M 7/10

Supreme being
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
Only if you are anti-Odin. That's how powerful Stan and Jack intended Odin to be.

confused The past my friend and since your so fond of memories of the past you will also remember that Kirby intended for Galactus to be top dog in marvel the space god. These were times before Tribunal and the likes yeah admittedly Odin probably was second back then.

Supreme being
Odin took on the whole 4th Host. Odin might have been able to defeat one Celestial.

You forget that in the celestial saga that Odin, Vishnu, and Zeus all threw energy blasts at arishem to no effect, face it Odin isn't his 60's uber self anymore thats time passed.

leonidas
true, but SINCE that time his battke has shaken the mulitverse. odin DOES have some inconsistent showings, but using his good showings he beats 1M easily, imo. hell, all he needs to do is whip up a big bacth of k-nite if he really wanted to, or bfr (if they are fighting under the supersun) and speed time to have 1M lose his powers.

too many weaknesses for a non-pis odin to exploit.

with pis on, it's possible, i suppose that 1M could make it a fight. thor battled zeus (idin's supposed equal) for months 1on1, hercules in a possible future beat zeus with physical power alone, and a weak group of avengers battled and harmed zeus as well, so with pis on, anything is possible i guess . . . erm

id369
I thought I have made this clear.

S1M retains his full strength with out the aid of the Super Sun. (or any sun for that matter)

masterbruce
Odin whooped Thano's butt...oh wait, no he didn't. Guess that universe destroying power just ain't enough to defeat one as powerful as Thanos.

id369
Originally posted by masterbruce
Odin whooped Thano's butt...oh wait, no he didn't. Guess that universe destroying power just ain't enough to defeat one as powerful as Thanos. I somewhat agree, some ware along the line you have to take an account of;
A feat and what he is shown in battle. And balance out the two.

Supreme being
Originally posted by leonidas
true, but SINCE that time his battke has shaken the mulitverse. odin DOES have some inconsistent showings, but using his good showings he beats 1M easily, imo. hell, all he needs to do is whip up a big bacth of k-nite if he really wanted to, or bfr (if they are fighting under the supersun) and speed time to have 1M lose his powers.

too many weaknesses for a non-pis odin to exploit.

with pis on, it's possible, i suppose that 1M could make it a fight. thor battled zeus (idin's supposed equal) for months 1on1, hercules in a possible future beat zeus with physical power alone, and a weak group of avengers battled and harmed zeus as well, so with pis on, anything is possible i guess . . . erm

Very true but i think its safe to say that the Multiverse feat was PIS at its strongest, There's no doubt that Odin would beat Supes 1 million but that lies strongly with the fact that magic is just to versatile even more so than the power cosmic. And well with a magic wielder of Odin's level the fights surely in his favour but i just don't think people should be over hyping Odin when clearly his limits have been clearly defined.

King Kandy

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9053/thor30016ie7.th.jpg

Can't be this scan you're refering too... That's Odin and two other skyfathers failing to even scratch Arishem...

Endless Mike
Yeah but that said the blast was only powerful enough "to send a world reeling from its orbit". They've demonstrated far more power than that, so they were holding back.

Juntai
So they decided to band together, because they're more powerful in numbers, against a mightier foe than any of them... and actually get their hands dirty a little and decided to half-ass it?

Endless Mike
That is what the comic says.....

Unless you believe their combined power is only strong enough to knock a planet out of orbit.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That is what the comic says.....

Unless you believe their combined power is only strong enough to knock a planet out of orbit.
Unless of course Odin has been depowered. Much like many people tried to say about Darkseid. Even tho there was no official depowering. His showings made every one say he was. Now we can officially say that Odin has been depowered. He is not what he once was.

Juntai
Might be why he had trouble against Thanos...

King Kandy
Yeah but that said the blast was only powerful enough "to send a world reeling from its orbit". They've demonstrated far more power than that, so they were holding back.
That's what we call "Hyperbole". It's the "Eight-eyed man" syndrom.

Besides, it doesn't say that it was ONLY enough force to knock away a planet, only that the force was great enough to do so.

Endless Mike
He's called the Ten - Eyed man.

And Hyperbole describes overstatement, not understatement.

Besides, if it really was so much more powerful, why would they only state it as being such?

That's like commenting on a nuclear bomb exploding and saying "the force is enough to destroy one small blade of grass"

Soujaboy
You forget that in the celestial saga that Odin, Vishnu, and Zeus all threw energy blasts at arishem to no effect, face it Odin isn't his 60's uber self anymore thats time passed.

Journey Into the Mystery #513, in which Odin and Seth caused shock waves throughout all plains of existence, was released in 1996. Do the math, thats 11 years ago. Also, note that it was written by Stan Lee himself.

Odin's battle with the Celestials was one of his lower showings. A being who can destroy galaxies with a swipe of his hand shouldn't have been defeated so easily. Especially considering his son was able to knock Arshiem off his feet.

King Kandy
If I was a writer, I wouldn't spend very much time making sure my panel description complied with previous feats...

Seriously, it doesn't take a genious to realize that "Power enough to knock a planet from it's orbit" just meant "A really powerful blast"...

King Kandy
Odin's battle with the Celestials was one of his lower showings. A being who can destroy galaxies with a swipe of his hand shouldn't have been defeated so easily. Especially considering his son was able to knock Arshiem off his feet.
You know all Thor did was destroy the hill Arishem was standing on... He's destroyed mountains before, it's no big deal.

Endless Mike
If I was a writer, I wouldn't spend very much time making sure my panel description complied with previous feats...

Seriously, it doesn't take a genious to realize that "Power enough to knock a planet from it's orbit" just meant "A really powerful blast"...

So if a character who was known for being able to destroy planets fired a blast that was described as city - destroying, you would say it was actually planet - destroying?

Soujaboy
You know all Thor did was destroy the hill Arishem was standing on... He's destroyed mountains before, it's no big deal.

I know, but he still had a much better showing against Arshiem than Odin did.

leonidas
Very true but i think its safe to say that the Multiverse feat was PIS at its strongest, There's no doubt that Odin would beat Supes 1 million but that lies strongly with the fact that magic is just to versatile even more so than the power cosmic. And well with a magic wielder of Odin's level the fights surely in his favour but i just don't think people should be over hyping Odin when clearly his limits have been clearly defined.

it's hard to tell what is and isn't pis with odin. clearly though you're right in saying odin is simply more versatile with his powers. over-hyping comes from viewing only his high feats. i freely admit he has low ones, and zeus's examples are low showings for skyfathers in general.

still, even though odin didn't simply blink thanos out of existence, it really is almost as easy to say THAT fight was pis, as it is to say his high showings were PIS.

i think we agree that 1M goes down. if odin is portrayed at his typical or high levels, he goes down quickly. with pis it COULD be something of a fight, maybe like the thanos battle?

about odin's being depowered -- not sure that's so much the case as it is the fact that there are just more and more high level cosmics constantly being introduced and moving past odin in scale and scope.

odin seems pretty clearly above mephisto based on discussions they have had, and mephisto has stalemated galactus. but then mephisto has lost to ss and been stalemated by thor! he's viewed as equal to dormammu who has challenged ETERNITY but yet dormmy's been repeatedly embarrassed by strange. a watcher seemed to be a relative equal to odin as well, but their powers have been irradically represented as well.

judging pis and which showings are consistent and not, is such a difficult thing. erm

WhiteWitchKing

I wouldn't consider that a lower showing for Odin but a high showing for Arishem. The portrayal of the gods and the Celestials has always been the Celestials are space gods and operate above terran gods, you know that. A cube beings feat is just a impressive if not more than that of Odin and other skyfathers, but their still below the totem in comparison with the Celestials or Galactus.

King Kandy
So if a character who was known for being able to destroy planets fired a blast that was described as city - destroying, you would say it was actually planet - destroying?
If that fit with the context, then yes that assumption would be valid.

Galan007
Anyway if I wanted to I could say Superman 1 Million beat a 5d imp who are capable of easily destroying and recreating multiverses, but I know that's stupid so I won't. shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.