The Hero of Time vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Rock
Link from Ocarina of Time vs Ryu.
This fight has been done in here, but that debate is dead and filled with fanboyism. I will give the fight a new startwink
Who wins? Both fighters at their best.

Sanji Himura
If Link has his sword, then it is a close fight, but Ryu wins.

Lord Rock
Link have all of his equipment. And i dont see a way for Ryu to win. Link owns him both in defense, strenght and attackvarieties. Can you come with a way for Ryu to win?

Sanji Himura
Short of the Dark Hadou, yes, actually. Ryu has superior close quarters technique. There is no way that Link will seperate from Ryu to get his sword into play once Ryu gets close.

Lord Rock
How Link would fare against Dark Ryu is interesting. But if youre talking about normal Ryu, Link makes himself unhurtable in two minutes, enough to either get a good strike in on Ryu, or do enough damage to him with Dins Fire (WHICH RYU CANT AVOID) to kill him.

Lord Rock
I think i ended the debatesmile

Superboy Prime
Link at his best would stomp all over Ryu's face at his best.

Lord Rock
Agreedbig grin

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Link at his best would stomp all over Ryu's face at his best. Co-signed

smokin'

Lord Rock
Emperor Ashtar, i saw your impressing debatingskills on Link in the original Link vs Ryu threadsmile With you on our side, the Link fans will win this debatesmile

Emperor Ashtar
Thanks, but, if ryu were to get close he might be able to un-arm link. Link has to keep him at a distance to win, the hookshoot will come in handy for quick escapes, and mirror sheild against hadoukens, and bombchu's for ground games. Ryu's only hope is close quaters combat, but link has to mant ways to keep him at bay including his sword.

Lord Rock
Link can beat Ryu closes with magic and superior strenght and godlikedefense.smile Or at least, thats my opinion... But Ryu is quicker and a better fighter, which will be a problem. But i dont see Ryu unarming Link when nothing else have ever done, except the accident in Wind Waker where he was shot at Forsaken Fortress

Riverollv
I agree with Emperor Ashtar. of Ryu would be quick enough to get close to Link, it might be a problem. Link would need to use all of his arsenal to defeat Ryu. If he only used his sword and shield, he would be doomed.

Lord Rock
I still thinks Link wins. Have you seen how fast he slashes?

Remulous
With out weapons and trinkets, Ryu stomps him. Since Link gets to use ALL of his equipment and Ryu is stuck with his bare hands, Link takes it.

Lord Rock
remolous, see you have changedsmile no more -you can do anything if you want to-?smile

Remulous
Originally posted by Lord Rock
remolous, see you have changedsmile no more -you can do anything if you want to-?smile laughing That thread was when I 1st got here, I was still a noob laughing

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
With out weapons and trinkets, Ryu stomps him.

I think that's a given, Ryu wouldn't be much of a fighter if he lost to Link in un-armed combat. smile

kamikz
Well this thread has been done, and I'm pretty sure Link won.

Man, I'm so sick of all SF and FF threads at this time, seems like that's the only thing here. Was glad when I saw Link in one....

Lord Rock
Me too. Thats the reason the game-forum has been so lazy lately

§P0oONY
Why do you video game vs. wankers never specify which Ryu?

Lord Rock
the strongest ryu. i stated thatwink

Tha C-Master
These matches always struck me as a bit silly, no offense. What's the point of making a match where one character gets ALL of his weapons against an unarmed opponent?

Superboy Prime
Since unarmed characters can leap to space in seconds, bust mountains, take on Mephisto/BlackHeart & Onslaught I wouldn't call it a stretch.

Remulous
I don't see why people are complaining about 2d fighter VS threads. To me they are the best. Does anyone notice how much calmer they are compared to other types of VS threads. People get really sensitive around here for non 2d fighting characters. Just look at how many 2d fighter threads have been closed for indecent behavior compared to non fighting game characters and non 2d characters. It's been next to none.

Superboy Prime
You have it wrong. If I were to say Mario curbstomps Gouki, God Rugal & Orochi while eating Lasagna all hell would break loose.

Besides 98% of the closed threads have been closed because they have been illegal.

Remulous
You have it wrong. If I were to say Mario curbstomps Gouki, God Rugal & Orochi while eating Lasagna all hell would break loose. Yes you maybe right, but it wont get to the point where the thread would have to be closed like a...let's say...Halo VS Metroid, thread, which actually has no reason to get out of hand

Tha C-Master
Since unarmed characters can leap to space in seconds, bust mountains, take on Mephisto/BlackHeart & Onslaught I wouldn't call it a stretch. Yes, but you make the matches comparable, Ryu can't do that. Gouki can do the first two, but he definitely couldn't beat Onslaught...

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lord Rock
the strongest ryu. i stated thatwink
Yes but there are different Ryu's.... SF Ryu and DOA/Ninja Gaiden Ryu.

kamikz
Originally posted by Remulous
Yes you maybe right, but it wont get to the point where the thread would have to be closed like a...let's say...Halo VS Metroid, thread, which actually has no reason to get out of hand

Even IF the case was that people wouldn't flame because of it, why should only those characters be allowed? I for one, doesn't necessarily like many of those games, and I don't really play the SF series, I should be able to compare with other characters I like, everytime I do make such threads, it gets a maximum of maybe 5 replys.....

Lord Rock
Ryu from SF

Remulous
Originally posted by kamikz
Even IF the case was that people wouldn't flame because of it, why should only those characters be allowed? I for one, doesn't necessarily like many of those games, and I don't really play the SF series, I should be able to compare with other characters I like, everytime I do make such threads, it gets a maximum of maybe 5 replys..... Invite more friends to the forums that like the games you like. The 2d VS threads get the same traffic it's always got, the posters are just more consistent. I my self would be involved in more threads but people don't like your post and start calling names and posting obscenities. It just get really out of hand.

Superboy Prime
That's bound to happen in any thread though.

Remulous
Not as extreme. Insults may be thrown but it stays on topic. In the other threads people post just to insult someone.

Darkstorm Zero
Yes... the MCvs Samus thread and Goku vs Supes thread prettymuch scared everyone, Nobody wants to even have an oppinion aboutanything these days from fear that they'll get flamed,andif they retaliate,theymight getr restricted or banned.

Remulous
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Yes... the MCvs Samus thread and Goku vs Supes thread prettymuch scared everyone, Nobody wants to even have an oppinion aboutanything these days from fear that they'll get flamed,andif they retaliate,theymight getr restricted or banned. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Even though the threads were hilarious I wouldn't want to get involved in such a war.

Lord Rock
Back on topicsmile

kamikz
People should step up then, I don't really believe people like 3D characters more because they are 3D, it's more likely that people just play some certain game, and when their character's in there they want him/her to win. I don't usually post here anymore anyway, so I couldn't really bother, but I believe I would post more if there were other threads than just the same old "Ryu vs Sephiroth" or something. stick out tongue

Yeah, uh, Link wins. stick out tongue

Lord Rock
I believe its decided, then: Link winssmile

Judge 64
This debate was taken up by me a long time ago... Me and Remy debated to the fact where it could go either way.

Link has many options that would be too much for many street fighter characters, but ryu has the skill to also be a treat to Link
Draw

Neo2000
Ryu is more much skilled than Link and would probably unarm Link. So Link sword and shield is probably a nonfactor. Keep in mind that martial arts was created for selfdefense against armed opponents, especially Karate, in which Ryu is also an expert.

Then, it seems to be a hand-to-hand fight... Ryu with his hadoken and handtohandskills and Link with his magic and fists. Links other weapons are pretty much a nonfactor in this fight.

Ryu is much more skilled than Link handtohand and seemingly a big way faster. While Link easily lifts mountains and is barely scratched by getting boulders hurled at him. So Link is easily more powerful and stable.

Link is in formidable shape and good at sidesteping and jump backwardss with great speed. He would probably dodge the Hadouken fireball with relative ease, so its pretty much a nonfactor. Link dodges a lot of stuff, anyways. Even through Ryu would never be able to avoid Din's Fire, which pierces the terrain.

Link always figures out how to defeat his opponent, so he is figurably very smart. He would use 2 or 3 DIns fires to handicap Ryu, then use Nayrus love to become immortal for around a minute, enough to knock the now slower and more damaged Ryu.

Link wins, 8/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.