Black Snake Moan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsecretus30

Andrew McLeod
It was pretty cool. I found it raw and riveting yet humorous and absurd. It was, by no means, a great movie. But it was nice to see something this original and they obviously put some thought into the movie.

I'd say to give it a try but I can't guarantee you'll like it.

=Tired Hiker=
Yeah, I think the whole concept is funny, but once you've absorbed that what else is left? Like with Snakes On A Plane, the title alone is hilarious, but the movie was okay, it was a good popcorn flick. I hope Black Snake Moan pulls out some good performances, this type of movie will really do well depending on the actors' chemistry.

botankus
It grossed a whopping $4 million bucks last weekend. I blame the marketing campaign, who made it out to be a super-taboo movie when I have heard it wasn't really like that.

homer2.0
i thought it would be really bad
but i guess i could be wrong

Andrew McLeod
It bordered on exploitation cinema but never really managed to cross that line. And it was so absurd that it felt like...surreal so it was very escapist. i dunno...I just saw some really good acting from Jackson and Ricci. Particularily once they bonded.

I enjoyed it. I wouldn't go see it again but I enjoyed it. plus, I love the blues.

ViolentCalm
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
It was pretty cool. I found it raw and riveting yet humorous and absurd. It was, by no means, a great movie. But it was nice to see something this original and they obviously put some thought into the movie.

I'd say to give it a try but I can't guarantee you'll like it.

Its hit or miss for most people. I loved it, great story, and oddly entertaining. The acting was actually good :P I saw the trailer on the official site and i knew it was going to be different, lol.

InnerRise
I heard that the movie sucked.

It's something I'd be interested in seeing though................once it comes on tv.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

darthsecretus30
I saw it and thought it was also a hit or miss. I thought it was pretty good, without a doubt quite strange though. The acting by Ricci and Jackson was superb ..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.