Storm vs Polaris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2damnloud
3 days prep.

They fight in an open feild that just so happends to be next to a huge Junk yard. eek! laughing

No holding back.

guy222
Originally posted by 2damnloud
3 days prep.

They fight in an open feild that just so happends to be next to a huge Junk yard. eek! laughing

No holding back.

Ororo vs Dane?

Metalmanx
Polaris.

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
Ororo vs Dane?

Storm

2damnloud
What was I thinking??confused

Polaris doesn't even register to Storm.no expression

DarkCrawler
She sure was able to stop her and rest of the X-Men to their tracks easily by preventing them of using their powers or moving...you know, the iron in the blood trick.

Badabing
Polaris destroys the Weather Witch.

Swanky-Tuna
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28Storm+Polaris%29+forumid%3A77&showposts=0

Rutog98
Storm wins this laughing. Magneto is far more powerful than Lorna and he doesn't even compare to Storm as she dwarfs him in power. Storm 10/10.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Rutog98
Storm wins this laughing. Magneto is far more powerful than Lorna and he doesn't even compare to Storm as she dwarfs him in power. Storm 10/10.

Storm ftw

Rutog98
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
She sure was able to stop her and rest of the X-Men to their tracks easily by preventing them of using their powers or moving...you know, the iron in the blood trick.

That was Magneto who did that and its PIS for it to work against Storm. That said, Storm isn't going to just sit there in these "vs" matches and allow somebody to go for an iron-in-the-blood trick. Heck, without PIS, it would not work on her since she channels far more power than Polaris can produce through her body all the time. Essentially, if Polaris tries to work her powers directly on Storm, Ororo could just channel it and throw it back at her or absorb it and become stronger (that's how turned into Rougestorm).

I mean, if Storm's winds can put Magneto's powers under tremendous strain, and, much more impressive than that, redirect Sienna Blaze, Polaris is a joke. Storm drops a wind on Lorna which instantly overpowers her and kills her while shielding herself behind a pressure dome in case Lorna gets off a piece of metal to hurl at Storm.

Rutog98

Exactly! wink

Badabing
Storm wins this laughing. Magneto is far more powerful than Lorna and he doesn't even compare to Storm as she dwarfs him in power. Storm 10/10. nutnut dur

2damnloud
Storm can just snatch the EM spectrum of the earth from she or Magneto.

Storm's power is EXTENSIVE and can be applied to ANYTHING. Just take a look at her vs Surfer in the upcoming FF. She's literally flying on cosmic power.

She is truly the misteress of the Storm in EVERY respect.

Polaris doesn't register no expression

Brian Oswald
Storm can just snatch the EM spectrum of the earth from she or Magneto.

Storm's power is EXTENSIVE and can be applied to ANYTHING. Just take a look at her vs Surfer in the upcoming FF. She's literally flying on cosmic power.

She is truly the misteress of the Storm in EVERY respect.

Polaris doesn't register no expression why would you make this thread if you felt that way?

2damnloud
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
why would you make this thread if you felt that way?

Badabing
dur

Brian Oswald
so that just proves that you're an idiot no expression

2damnloud

No, it proves you're MAD mad

Name-calling a faceless internet personlaity mad

Rutog98

I think he is trying to see how far people will go in their foolishness. I mean, really. In the Storm/Magneto Part 2 thread we just finished, we overwhelmingly proved Storm to be much stronger than Magneto, yet people did not want to accept it. They stopped bringing up Magneto feats since Storm beat those out badly. They were reduced to trying to find somehow to twist the spirit of what was written in the issues with Storm to find some way to lessen the feats. Even at the weaker levels they were trying to put her at, she was still leaps and bounds ahead of Magneto. laughing

Now we see Storm vs. a MAgneto-type character who is MUCH weaker and obviously he is testing to see how desperate people will go here. Polaris has now powerful showing whatsoever. Magneto's power showings were powerful for him and far outstrips Polaris', but they are a joke compared to Storm's power showings.

Badabing

He's right, name calling is never a good thing. sad

I think he is trying to see how far people will go in their foolishness. I mean, really. In the Storm/Magneto Part 2 thread we just finished, we overwhelmingly proved Storm to be much stronger than Magneto, yet people did not want to accept it. They stopped bringing up Magneto feats since Storm beat those out badly. They were reduced to trying to find somehow to twist the spirit of what was written in the issues with Storm to find some way to lessen the feats. Even at the weaker levels they were trying to put her at, she was still leaps and bounds ahead of Magneto. laughing

Now we see Storm vs. a MAgneto-type character who is MUCH weaker and obviously he is testing to see how desperate people will go here. Polaris has now powerful showing whatsoever. Magneto's power showings were powerful for him and far outstrips Polaris', but they are a joke compared to Storm's power showings. nutnut dur

Estacado

Now we see Storm vs. a MAgneto-type character who is MUCH weaker and obviously he is testing to see how desperate people will go here. Polaris has now powerful showing whatsoever. Magneto's power showings were powerful for him and far outstrips Polaris', but they are a joke compared to Storm's power showings. Originally posted by Brian Oswald

Redatom65

Now we see Storm vs. a MAgneto-type character who is MUCH weaker and obviously he is testing to see how desperate people will go here. Polaris has now powerful showing whatsoever. Magneto's power showings were powerful for him and far outstrips Polaris', but they are a joke compared to Storm's power showings.

Hulk fanboys would say the same thing, from what I read, you didn't defend you point very well at all... erm

Evil_Ash

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/becausehesnuts.png

phillipan

Wrong, people showed many valid arguments you just refused to accept because the two of you happen to have some sick sort of crush on a fictional character.

You made this thread because you were mad how badly Wonderwoman beat storm in your pervious thread. No matter how much you deny it she gets b!tch slapped by Diana.

Storm vs Polaris is a better matchup. Polaris has a edge in raw power but storm has experience, for the most part it could go either way. Seeing as how this is next to a junkyard Polaris would crush storm with debris seeing as how (magnetism is better control over an object than it being projected by wind.)

So Polaris 8/10.

2damnloud
Originally posted by phillipan
Wrong, people showed many valid arguments you just refused to accept because the two of you happen to have some sick sort of crush on a fictional character.

You made this thread because you were mad how badly Wonderwoman beat storm in your pervious thread. No matter how much you deny it she gets b!tch slapped by Diana.

Storm vs Polaris is a better matchup. Polaris has a edge in raw power but storm has experience, for the most part it could go either way. Seeing as how this is next to a junkyard Polaris would crush storm with debris seeing as how (magnetism is better control over an object than it being projected by wind.)

So Polaris 8/10.

I made this thread in MARCH ickday head.

Polaris has an edge in RAW POWER??!!? confused sick

llagrok
Polaris was able to stop many powerful mutants easily on her wedding day, it's not like she would have any more difficulties reversing Storm's blood flow than reversing Artie's blood flow.

Everyone claims that Magneto's displays of powers are PIS, but none of Storm's are? Wow, that's an interesting conclusion, I wonder how all the Storm fanboys figured out that puzzle. Storm hasn't even been classified as an Omega class yet.

Polaris has had so many great showings lately.

Polaris 9/10

phillipan
I made this thread in MARCH ickday head.

Polaris has an edge in RAW POWER??!!? confused sick

Oh, sorry about the Wonderwoman coment thenembarrasment, but its still true.

AND yes polaris has a raw power edge. One time great feat does not mean we ingore the rest of storms displays of her powers.

Polaris wins via iron in the bloodstream trick or flying metal debris from the junkyard.

2damnloud
Originally posted by llagrok
Polaris was able to stop many powerful mutants easily on her wedding day, it's not like she would have any more difficulties reversing Storm's blood flow than reversing Artie's blood flow.

Everyone claims that Magneto's displays of powers are PIS, but none of Storm's are? Wow, that's an interesting conclusion, I wonder how all the Storm fanboys figured out that puzzle. Storm hasn't even been classified as an Omega class yet.

Polaris has had so many great showings lately.

Polaris 9/10

Storm cannot be harmed the the effects of weather. Electromagnetism is one of them. Any place where she is harmed is PIS.

Strawman.

I'VE never said Magneto's power displays are PIS, only when used against Storm withstanding the fact that she has manipulated more power than Magneto.

llagrok
Storm cannot be harmed the the effects of weather. Electromagnetism is one of them. Any place where she is harmed is PIS.

Strawman.

I'VE never said Magneto's power displays are PIS, only when used against Storm withstanding the fact that she has manipulated more power than Magneto.

Magneto 20/10

2damnloud
Originally posted by llagrok
Magneto 20/10

The question becomes HOW would they win.

Iron is blood you say?

You would have to SUSPEND certain key aspects of Ororo's power, that's what makes it PIS.no expression

Hence the whole "written to full credit...." argumet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Btw, Polaris still dies.

2damnloud
Btw, Storm kills Polaris by making her explode.

She overloaded Polaris before.

1 positive lightning bolt traveling at 1/2 the speed of light and nothing would be left of Polaris, not even bones.no expression

emporerpants
ah, the resident trolls make another go of it. no one respond to rutog and 2damnloud. they're arguments aren't worth responding to.

2damnloud
Originally posted by emporerpants
ah, the resident trolls make another go of it. no one respond to rutog and 2damnloud. they're arguments aren't worth responding to.

U can't counter it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

emporerpants
well, it IS kinda hard to counter retarded.

troll.

Badabing
U can't counter it. roll eyes (sarcastic) nutnut dur

Swanky-Tuna
He admitted the Storm fanatic thing is just a ruse.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Badabing
nutnut dur

ermmhappy

2damnloud

troll.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing @ you being mad

Symmetric Chaos

Single greatest post in the thread.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Single greatest post in the thread.

What's really retarded about it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Macabre
What's really retarded about it? roll eyes (sarcastic) That you make up bs? no expression

2damnloud
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
That you make up bs? no expression

Like what??

Redatom65
I concr, I believe Bada's post is by far the best

Badabing
Originally posted by Redatom65
I concr, I believe Bada's post is by far the best banana02

durfist

Rutog98
Originally posted by Redatom65
Hulk fanboys would say the same thing, from what I read, you didn't defend you point very well at all... erm

I've defended my points very well on this board. I simply chose not to go into it again here as I have made my point time and again in the Storm/Magneto threads.

2damnloud
I've defended my points very well on this board. I simply chose not to go into it again here as I have made my point time and again in the Storm/Magneto threads.

They DEFINITELY can't handle me in the argument department. cool

They have to resort to fallacies, semantics, false analogies, obtuseness etc etc.

The ironic thing is, when fed that same garbage, they get " mad "

Anyway, Polaris still diesno expression

Swanky-Tuna
It's like they hand out rose colored glasses at the door of the Storm fan club.

bean_machine
They DEFINITELY can't handle me in the argument department. cool

They have to resort to fallacies, semantics, false analogies, obtuseness etc etc.

The ironic thing is, when fed that same garbage, they get " mad "

Anyway, Polaris still diesno expression

The problem is that you and Rutog98 make claims of a character that do fit the profile. You induce that Storm can exponentially more than what she is and even went as far as to say that if would be ok for her to become omniversal. You then asked me what other character can match her and when I say PF fits the profile, you hesitantly agree and then say something along the lines of Storm wearing power better. That is nothing but garbage to me. How in the hell does Storm hold power better than PF. The source of Storm's powers is sketchy at best while we know that PF is telekinetic godhood at a sub-atomic level, and not only that but PF is the ongoing spark that restarts the universe over and over again. It makes more sense that there is a multi or omni PF for the multiverse and the omniverse, than for Storm to become an omniversal power.

Nothing you or Rutog presented by your posts shows your claims, which you have stated to be your opinion.

Your answer of the writers can do what they want is not enough on this board, because youi admitted that the same can be done of any character with the exception of Storm doing it out of her own power instead of an external power source.

Remember that the same can be said of the PF and the force is the who was written up not Storm.

After the freaken PF retcon there has not been another statement made that proves that Storm = PF. The retcon pretty much said it all.

All these Storm vs threads are rediculous.

Why not end it all and make a FP Storm vs TOAA, since you said that she can evolve past her power source, and the ultimate source being TOAA.

bean_machine
Where are the fallicies in my argument. And don't point out the last blatant exaggerated sentence I made to add a dramatic effect to the freaking post.

yestinchong
Actually, i can see Storm winning this one....

llagrok
Bean Machine beats 2damnloud and any other storm fanatic 10/10

2damnloud
Originally posted by bean_machine
The problem is that you and Rutog98 make claims of a character that do fit the profile. You induce that Storm can exponentially more than what she is and even went as far as to say that if would be ok for her to become omniversal. You then asked me what other character can match her and when I say PF fits the profile, you hesitantly agree and then say something along the lines of Storm wearing power better. That is nothing but garbage to me. How in the hell does Storm hold power better than PF. The source of Storm's powers is sketchy at best while we know that PF is telekinetic godhood at a sub-atomic level, and not only that but PF is the ongoing spark that restarts the universe over and over again. It makes more sense that there is a multi or omni PF for the multiverse and the omniverse, than for Storm to become an omniversal power.

Nothing you or Rutog presented by your posts shows your claims, which you have stated to be your opinion.

Your answer of the writers can do what they want is not enough on this board, because youi admitted that the same can be done of any character with the exception of Storm doing it out of her own power instead of an external power source.

Remember that the same can be said of the PF and the force is the who was written up not Storm.

After the freaken PF retcon there has not been another statement made that proves that Storm = PF. The retcon pretty much said it all.

All these Storm vs threads are rediculous.

Why not end it all and make a FP Storm vs TOAA, since you said that she can evolve past her power source, and the ultimate source being TOAA.

It's about Hierarchy, that's why people can't accept certain things.

Get over it. laughing

Somebody MADE UP the Phoenix one day just as someone can kill the Phoenix off. GET OVER IT.

The PF was introduced one day, no one knew what a PF was before then, now PF is EVERYTHING, BLAH.

It's when people have SERIOUS ISSUES with a character (Storm) being written up past certain levels that she can be written at with perfect continuity that the ridiculousness becomes apparent.

It's a comic, use your imaginations kids. I think thats the problem--It's no vision beyond a certain point. That's why ADULTS write the comics laughing

Polaris still dies.

Symmetric Chaos

Get over it. laughing

A higerarchy where Storm is no where near the top of.

Somebody MADE UP the Phoenix one day just as someone can kill the Phoenix off. GET OVER IT.

The PF was introduced one day, no one knew what a PF was before then, now PF is EVERYTHING, BLAH.

Somebody MADE UP Storm one day just as someone can kill Storm off. GET OVER IT.

It's when people have SERIOUS ISSUES with a character (Storm) being written up past certain levels that she can be written at with perfect continuity that the ridiculousness becomes apparent.

Interestingly this statement is only possible if you actively ignore Storm's continuity.

It's a comic, use your imaginations kids. I think thats the problem--It's no vision beyond a certain point. That's why ADULTS write the comics laughing

Could Storm be written to a cosmic level? Sure why not.

Could Jubilee or Cyclops or Taskmaster be written to a cosmic level just as easily? Yup

Will that happen to any of them? No a chance

Do any of them have consistent feats that put them at that level? Nope. This isn't a site where we debate about what powers could be given to a character. This is a site where we debate using the powers they possess and use.

You mention vision. You invision Storm as a TOAA level entity despite her never showing that kind of power (even at her most insane feats). I would call that blindness.

Polaris still dies.

Possibly.

2damnloud
A higerarchy where Storm is no where near the top of.

Yea, but omg if she is/becomes " mad ". That's the thing that's ridiculous. laughing

True, so PF and Storm are equal

Interestingly this statement is only possible if you actively ignore Storm's continuity.

Could Storm be written to a cosmic level? Sure why not.

Could Jubilee or Cyclops or Taskmaster be written to a cosmic level just as easily? Yup

Will that happen to any of them? No a chance

See first response to quote "Omg if she is... mad " waa, wah, wah. Cry cry roll eyes (sarcastic)

The fact that you even compare Cyclops and Jubilee to Ororo is ridiculous sick

You mention vision. You invision Storm as a TOAA level entity despite her never showing that kind of power (even at her most insane feats). I would call that blindness.

Strawman.

Never said that. sick

You're using MY IDEA of a FP Storm and asserting that is what I'm saying her level is today. You can then attack it as being ridiculous without even considering it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Same ol same ol

Possibly.

Definitely

2damnloud
Where are the fallicies in my argument. And don't point out the last blatant exaggerated sentence I made to add a dramatic effect to the freaking post.

I missed this post.

Your whole premise is false as far as I'm concerned. I don't know about Rutog.

He and I are two totally different people.

Symmetric Chaos
Yea, but omg if she is/becomes " mad ". That's the thing that's ridiculous. laughing

Use fewer emoticons. It's hard to understand you.

Not really. Check out Storm's normal power feats and then PF's normal feats.

See first response to quote "Omg if she is... mad " waa, wah, wah. Cry cry roll eyes (sarcastic)

Projection

The fact that you even compare Cyclops and Jubilee to Ororo is ridiculous sick

But Taskmaster is easily on her level I'm sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strawman.

Never said that. sick

You're using MY IDEA of an FP Storm and asserting that it is what I'm saying her level is today.

Since you always debate her as being FP I'm perfectly justified in my argument.

You can then attack it as being ridiculous without even considering it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I did consider it.

TOAA = everything that has ever happened in Marvel ever
Storm's best feat = controling about a Galaxy's worth of stars

Yeah Storm totally has more testaments to her power roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bol Gath
This fight is pretty good actually. I seem to remember Storm saying that she and Polaris is very close in power. But I would give this fight to Polaris 7-8/10 due to the fact that they are fighting in or close to a junkyard. If they were fighting in an open field I would give both 5/10 against one another.

Magneto however have ALWAYS been displayed at higher level of power and would curbstomp Storm 10/10 (just accept it Storm fanboys)

bean_machine
I missed this post.

Your whole premise is false as far as I'm concerned. I don't know about Rutog.

He and I are two totally different people.

That is your oponion and care to state which premise.

2damnloud
Use fewer emoticons. It's hard to understand you.

Ok.

Not really. Check out Storm's normal power feats and then PF's normal feats.

Storm's power is based on her connection the the infinitesimal energies of the Universe, and even in other realities?? It could be written that it is THEE God that powers her, and not the PF, you never know smokin' . Are power displays great?? Sure. Feat's don't detract from Storm's abilities though. You get into the "If then, why not" logic.

Projection

Of what??

But Taskmaster is easily on her level I'm sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

sick

I did consider it.

TOAA = everything that has ever happened in Marvel ever
Storm's best feat = controling about a Galaxy's worth of stars

Yeah Storm totally has more testaments to her power roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strawman. Never said that.

Storm's powers comes from her connection to the Earth. This has expaned to the universe even up until this very DAY.

The ultimate, top peak for Storm in MY OINION would be a connection to EVERYTHING with no limit. Is she there yet, of course NOT. Why make an argumnet like I've stated she is there??

You keep talking about feats, or lack thereof and ignore how said feats WORKED.

She doesn't use her powers based on the EM spectrum perse, they are based on her connection the universe, Earth first. Everything else is a byproduct, feats included.

bean_machine

Get over it.

Resorting to blah's now, huh?

The statement you made above can be said of any character, and you've admitted it yourself (don't make me being up the quote). That is the problem I have with it. Cosmic Spiderman was introduced by some writer and you cannot deny that one day Multiversal Spiderman will never exist, just as I can't deny FP Storm can exist.

Let me tell you what though, the chances of your invisionment of FP Storm are just as great as Multiversal Spiderman.

Oh and great detbating logic dude....

You make this statement...

Somebody MADE UP the Phoenix one day just as someone can kill the Phoenix off. GET OVER IT.QUOTE]

You read this statement...

Somebody MADE UP Storm one day just as someone can kill Storm off. GET OVER IT.{QUOTE]

and then state this...

Therefore by your logic Captain America and any other created and then killed off character = Storm = PF. That my friend is just plain stupid.

A. A character was made up.

B. The same character can be killed off.

C. Phoenix fits the two above premises and so does Storm.

D. Therefore Storm = PF

So from logical conclusions I can add the names of any dead character from comic and they = Storm and PF.

See you say eveyone is making logical fallicies including myself, when you make them.

When you claim that I make logical fallicies all you say is that you disagree with my premises, that does not mean logical fallicies, its just the differece between a sound and valid argument.

Anyways you just say you disagree without really pointing out what you disagree with. You are too general sometimes in order to elude from logical fallicies, but you still make them.

Anyways my premises are made on the probability of things actually hapenning not on the slim chance that they might actually happen.

I mean what are the chances of Blob farting and collapsing the universe or multiverse? But you know what, I can't said it can't be written, even though the chances of it happening are almost 0/100. The same with Storm the chances of a FP Storm are 0/100 based on what I have seen her power to be and at the rate of growth.

bean_machine
Damn the quotes did not work oh well no timew to fix it.

darthgoober
Here you go bean, I'm bored so I fixed it for you...

Get over it.

The statement you made above can be said of any character, and you've admitted it yourself (don't make me being up the quote). That is the problem I have with it. Cosmic Spiderman was introduced by some writer and you cannot deny that one day Multiversal Spiderman will never exist, just as I can't deny FP Storm can exist.

Let me tell you what though, the chances of your invisionment of FP Storm are just as great as Multiversal Spiderman.

You make this statement...

You read this statement...

and then state this...

Therefore by your logic Captain America and any other created and then killed off character = Storm = PF. That my friend is just plain stupid.

D. Therefore Storm = PF

So from logical conclusions I can add the names of any dead character from comic and they = Storm and PF.

See you say eveyone is making logical fallicies including myself, when you make them.

When you claim that I make logical fallicies all you say is that you disagree with my premises, that does not mean logical fallicies, its just the differece between a sound and valid argument.

Anyways you just say you disagree without really pointing out what you disagree with. You are too general sometimes in order to elude from logical fallicies, but you still make them.

Anyways my premises are made on the probability of things actually hapenning not on the slim chance that they might actually happen.

I mean what are the chances of Blob farting and collapsing the universe or multiverse? But you know what, I can't said it can't be written, even though the chances of it happening are almost 0/100. The same with Storm the chances of a FP Storm are 0/100 based on what I have seen her power to be and at the rate of growth.

2damnloud
Thanx. Now I can dissect it.eek!

2damnloud

Spiderman would look crazy having a connection with the universe like Storm does. There is no basis. He may have been once WITH the HOTU. It's still not innately apart of his powerset and character.

D. Therefore Storm = PF

Comphrehend the CONTEXT. We don't NEED PF jus as much as we don't NEED Storm therfore they are "equal."

You keep making the assertion that PF is the spark. There doesn't have to be spark. She can be killed off, so can Storm. They are equal in terms of ability to be killed off, written up or down etc.

Other's characters abilities to be written a certain way goes without saying. Other characters having BASIS to be written a certain way is another story.

Storm doesn't have a basis because of what?? her average feats??

Does that negate her abilities and powerset??

Does that negate HOW it has been said her powers actually work, have worked, and are working??

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, your argument is fallacious.happy

REMEMBER, the premise is MY IDEA of an FP Storm, NOT current Storm (just to negate the strawman arguments)happy

llagrok
The sig refers to your logic?

Symmetric Chaos
Storm's power is based on her connection the the infinitesimal energies of the Universe, and even in other realities?? It could be written that it is THEE God that powers her, and not the PF, you never know smokin' . Are power displays great?? Sure. Feat's don't detract from Storm's abilities though. You get into the "If then, why not" logic.

Aren't you the one using "If, Then" logic? Though. Everyone else is debating within forum rules.

Of what??

Projection is a defense mechanism in psychology wherein you "project" your own feeling onto other people or blame them for your failures.

sick

I said "Cyclops, Jubilee and Taskmaster" you only said that Cyclops and Jubilee couldn't be compared to Storm.

Strawman. Never said that.

You've said she was next in line to be TOAA.
I just showed how none of the things she's ever done put her near that level.

Storm's powers comes from her connection to the Earth. This has expaned to the universe even up until this very DAY.

huh Proof?

The ultimate, top peak for Storm in MY OINION would be a connection to EVERYTHING with no limit.

That can be said about any character.

You keep talking about feats, or lack thereof and ignore how said feats WORKED.

She doesn't use her powers based on the EM spectrum perse, they are based on her connection the universe, Earth first. Everything else is a byproduct, feats included.

sick Speculation and "If, Then" logic.

2damnloud
Aren't you the one using "If, Then" logic? Though. Everyone else is debating within forum rules.

No I'm not.

Projection is a defense mechanism in psychology wherein you "project" your own feeling onto other people or blame them for your failures.

I'm projecting nothing.

I said "Cyclops, Jubilee and Taskmaster" you only said that Cyclops and Jubilee couldn't be compared to Storm.

Ok, Still don't compare though

You've said she was next in line to be TOAA.
I just showed how none of the things she's ever done put her near that level.

I've said it only in JEST. Again. That's a Strawman argument. You attempt to misrepresent my stance by taking it out of the context making it ridiculous and easy to attack.

huh Proof?

Read anything about Storm. She is connected to the earth, she can feel it's pain LITERALLY. When she was in space in Ucanny 166 she felt the living worlds and such. She can feel living things and energy. She can see it on a sub-atomic level and control it through the alteration of her perception.

IIRC, wasn't it said somewhere that Iceman began to do that stuff he does when finally learned to see the world as moisture or something. I don't remember.

In these debates, people neglect discourse on exactly HOW it is been expressed that Storm's powers work. Therein lies the problem.

And the "this very day" comment refers to her fight with Surfer in FF 545.

That can be said about any character.

Nope.

You have to have a BASIS. Anything CAN be said about anything.

I'm sure you used a fallacy there. confused

Aren't you the one using "If, Then" logic? Though. Everyone else is

sick Speculation and "If, Then" logic.

Nope, it's truth, not Denying the antecedant.

"If then" is making storms powerset biconditional. Saying Storm's powerset is based on xyz, if she does not do xyz(which can be for a MYRIAD of reasons, one main reason being PIS) then her original powerset is invalid.

One has NOTHING to do with the other, or I should say one does not NEGATE the other.

Storm can have a connection to the universe, manipulate energy on a sub-atomic level, manipulate stars(whether consistently or not) etc etc. She can do ALL of the above yet NOT manipulate reality. Storm NOT maipulating reality, a Magnetic Storm, getting tagged, KO'd etc. has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual aforementioned abilities.

Therein lies the flaw--A is not dependent on B for A to be true.

He power over the Earth's weather is not said to be relegated to EM fields, otherwise she would only be doing lightning. Her power is connected to her oneness with the Earth as a WHOLE, she can manipulate EM fields because of this(a byproduct). Her power over Celestial energies is not dependent on EM fields. It is because of her connection to energy that just so happends to be Electromagnetic or electrical.

We don't don't know what the Trion's dimension was compsed of and what the Laws of physics were there. Same thing with the Planet Hala.

bean_machine
Spiderman would look crazy having a connection with the universe like Storm does. There is no basis. He may have been once WITH the HOTU. It's still not innately apart of his powerset and character.

Comphrehend the CONTEXT. We don't NEED PF jus as much as we don't NEED Storm therfore they are "equal."

You keep making the assertion that PF is the spark. There doesn't have to be spark. She can be killed off, so can Storm. They are equal in terms of ability to be killed off, written up or down etc.

Other's characters abilities to be written a certain way goes without saying. Other characters having BASIS to be written a certain way is another story.

Storm doesn't have a basis because of what?? her average feats??

Does that negate her abilities and powerset??

Does that negate HOW it has been said her powers actually work, have worked, and are working??

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, your argument is fallacious.happy

REMEMBER, the premise is MY IDEA of an FP Storm, NOT current Storm (just to negate the strawman arguments)happy

Again this can be said of any character. I can dream up a FP Spiderman if I want to or not and it does not matter if the powersource is external or not.

BTW

Well then, the same can be said for LT and any other character and I will go as far as to say TOAA. Therefore Storm and TOAA are the same in the fact that he is not a nessasary character. Any day a marvel writer can decide to make TOAA a big fake and that TOAA has a boss. So therefore TOAA and Storm are "equal". Am I wrong in this equivocation?

What chances do you give that your vision of a FP Storm will be written at all ever? 10/10, 5/10, 0/10?

Symmetric Chaos
No I'm not.

Yes you are.

Storm has portrayed a very small number of high feats you are extrapolating from them to give her powers she has never used or even hinted at more than once.

I'm projecting nothing.

Denial shifty

I've said it only in JEST. Again. That's a Strawman argument. You attempt to misrepresent my stance by taking it out of the context making it ridiculous and easy to attack.

no expression You joke about her being the next TOAA but you're seruous when you say her powers could put her at "oneness with the omniverse"?

Read anything about Storm. She is connected to the earth, she can feel it's pain LITERALLY. When she was in space in Ucanny 166 she felt the living worlds and such. She can feel living things and energy. She can see it on a sub-atomic level and control it through the alteration of her perception.

IIRC, wasn't it said somewhere that Iceman began to do that stuff he does when finally learned to see the world as moisture or something. I don't remember.

In these debates, people neglect discourse on exactly HOW it is been expressed that Storm's powers work. Therein lies the problem.

And the "this very day" comment refers to her fight with Surfer in FF 545.

You're ignoring the fact that she never applies her power in the ways you suggest.

How does Iceman apply to Storm?
How does a connection to the Earth come out as "connection to the universe"?

Nope.

You have to have a BASIS. Anything CAN be said about anything.

You happen to lack a basis of consistent feats and demonstrations of power that put Storm on that level.

I'm sure you used a fallacy there. confused

hysterical2 And you've accused others of being desperate!

Nope, it's truth.

Not Denying the antecedant.

If then is making storms powerset biconditional. Saying Storm's powerset is based on xyz, if she does not do xyz(which can be for a MYRIAD of reasons) then her original powerset is invalid.

One has NOTHING to do with the other, or I should say one does not NEGATE the other.

Storm can have a connection the the universe, manipulated energy on a sub-atomic level, manipulate stars(whether consistently or not) etc etc. She can do ALL the above yet NOT manipulate reality.

Storm NOT maipulating reality, a Magnetic Storm, getting tagged, KO'd etc. has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual aforementioned abilities.

Therein lies the flaw. A is not dependent on B for A to be true.

You should go to CBR. We don't argue based on nothing but powersets here.

2damnloud
Yes you are.

Storm has portrayed a very small number of high feats you are extrapolating from them to give her powers she has never used or even hinted at more than once.

And??

Does the qauntity negate the feat??

Denial shifty

There's nothing to deny.

No where am I projecting feelings of crying about something. If so, point out where.

no expression You joke about her being the next TOAA but you're seruous when you say her powers could put her at "oneness with the omniverse"?

And they can't because???

This is real strawman because we'll end up arguing about my OPINION and not necessarily the evidence(canon)

You're ignoring the fact that she never applies her power in the ways you suggest.

How does Iceman apply to Storm?
How does a connection to the Earth come out as "connection to the universe"?

And how am I suggesting she applies her powers??

Iceman's power's were expanded to insane levels just off the basis that he can make ice. He can maipulate moisture IN organic material etc etc. See the huge jump??

IMO, It wouldn't be a huge jump for Storm to be cosmic not necessarily omniversal. Omniversal would be ultimate, fully evolved Storm which is MY OPINION.

I've never said Storm is ANY of the above

That's your main problem, you're a little slow at understanding how Storm's powers work in relation to Earth's weather and the universe.

You happen to lack a basis of consistent feats and demonstrations of power that put Storm on that level.

On what level??

2damnloud
Again this can be said of any character. I can dream up a FP Spiderman if I want to or not and it does not matter if the powersource is external or not.

BTW

Well then, the same can be said for LT and any other character and I will go as far as to say TOAA. Therefore Storm and TOAA are the same in the fact that he is not a nessasary character. Any day a marvel writer can decide to make TOAA a big fake and that TOAA has a boss. So therefore TOAA and Storm are "equal". Am I wrong in this equivocation?

What chances do you give that your vision of a FP Storm will be written at all ever? 10/10, 5/10, 0/10?

10/10happy

I've been over all the rest of that already.

darthgoober
And??

Does the qauntity negate the feat??

Actually yes.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

Badabing
10/10happy

I've been over all the rest of that already. durfist

2damnloud
Originally posted by darthgoober
Actually yes.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

Rarely repeated??

She manipulated space 4 times all the way up until now.

That's repeated enough times to me.

"Rarely repeated" means only doing something once or twice at the most. Wormhole anyone?? Diamagnetic rip anyone??

How many times has Polaris done the bloodrip??

It also can be called PIS since Storm maniped, on more than one occasion, HUGE electromagnetic forces within herself. We would have to SUSPEND that aspects of Storm's abilities to give a win to someone else. THAT is PIS to me.

She doesn't live in space so why should she be moving galaxies around all the time??

It was also within her powers. She did it like she controls the weather on Earth, with relative ease.

Symmetric Chaos
She manipulated space 4 times all the way up until now.

That's repeated enough times to me.

hysterical

2damnloud
hysterical

read the rest

Swanky-Tuna
Spider-man has lifted cars many times. So it should be reasonable that he can lift 200 billion cars at once.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Spider-man has lifted cars many times. So it should be reasonable that he can lift 200 billion cars at once.

Calrify this or I shall deem it a false analogy.no expression

Swanky-Tuna
Calrify this or I shall deem it a false analogy.no expression
First of all, I don't think you, of all people, have any kind of credentials to deem anything anything.

Second, you're grouping the normal feats like converting ambient EM radiation into electricity with higher ones like the galactic core feat because they're based on the same core ability, correct? If so, you're completely failing to notice the difference in the amount of energy manipulated. Manipulating that amount of energy is a one time feat for Storm. Actually, I don't know about the others. They might have problems with her doing any of it. Mine is, other then the sketchiness, is the amount of energy. One time feat. One time feat. Cha-cha-cha.

Third, four times in thirty years? If that a couple's sex life they'd rarely have sex.

2damnloud
First of all, I don't think you, of all people, have any kind of credentials to deem anything anything.

Second, you're grouping the normal feats like converting ambient EM radiation into electricity with higher ones like the galactic core feat because they're based on the same core ability, correct? If so, you're completely failing to notice the difference in the amount of energy manipulated. Manipulating that amount of energy is a one time feat for Storm. Actually, I don't know about the others. They might have problems with her doing any of it. Mine is, other then the sketchiness, is the amount of energy. One time feat. One time feat. Cha-cha-cha.

Third, four times in thirty years? If that a couple's sex life they'd rarely have sex.

Grasping away at nothingess laughing

"Normal"?? It's ALL normal.

The amount has absolutely no baring whatsoever on her ABILITY to maipulate it since it stated it was as simple as drawing energy from the earth, thus it is apart of her "weather controling abilites". It then inturn CAN be grouped in with each and every other instance.

The only thing that was "abnormal" was the atmosphere, nothing else.

Again, NOTHING amped Storm. She did it ALL by her OWN POWER. No outside influences.

To repeat means to at least do something TWICE. She's done it 4 or 5 times up until we have her doing it again in FF 545 slated to be relased April 25th(I think). That'll be her 5th or 6th time against Surfer.

Again, "Rarely repeated" means only doing something once or twice at the most. Wormhole anyone?? Diamagnetic rip anyone??

How many times has Polaris done the bloodrip??"

Given her powers, and their implications, you do realize that in a fight with Polaris OR Magneto, certain aspects of her abilities would be suspended in certain ways to garner a win for them. Correct?? This is why you see me argue "Bringing everything to the table..", "Written at full credit..", etc etc.

You're weak Swanky.

Swanky-Tuna
BLINK, and you'll miss it
You just missed my point, genius. AGAIN.

2damnloud
You just missed my point, genius. AGAIN.

You had none. cool

How many times has Polaris done the Blood rip??

How many times has Magneto done the Diamaneic rip??

How many times has he done the Wormhole??

Swanky-Tuna
You had none. cool
None that you could counter.

I'm not talking about them at all. Stop trying to change the subject.

Edit: Also, the range would be considered a one time feat as well.

2damnloud
None that you could counter.

What was the point?? That she did it once?? Thats obvious. What does that say though??

I'm not talking about them at all. Stop trying to change the subject.

Edit: Also, the range would be considered a one time feat as well.

Cop out sick

Symmetric Chaos
What was the point?? That she did it once?? Thats obvious. What does that say though??

DG already adressed this point.

I see someone grasping here.

2damnloud
DG already adressed this point.

I see someone grasping here.

It SAYS nothing.

I'm not grasping at anything.happy

Edit: Polaris' Bloodrip should be out of the fight.

Symmetric Chaos
It SAYS nothing.

SMvFL

All part of forum rules happy

I'm not grasping at anything.happy

And hence you are falling wink

2damnloud
SMvFL

All part of forum rules happy

And hence you are falling wink

I editedhappy

Swanky-Tuna
Cop out sick
Sorry, the princess is in another castle.

Symmetric Chaos
That edit didn't effect my point wink

2damnloud
That edit didn't effect my point wink

What's good for the goose...... eek!

2damnloud
So, from henceforth no mention of a Bloodrip or a wormhole.

happy

Symmetric Chaos
So, from henceforth no mention of a Bloodrip or a wormhole.

happy

Or the Galactic core happy

stormlover
Back to the topic........
Storm wins
Btw- what's wrong with being a Storm fanatic?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by stormlover
Back to the topic........
Storm wins
Btw- what's wrong with being a Storm fanatic?

Nothing

I happen to love Storm. She's one of the most powerful of the original Xmen.

However saying that at FP she would be one with the omniverse is just stupid.

llagrok
Nothing

I happen to love Storm. She's one of the most powerful of the original Xmen.

However saying that at FP she would be one with the omniverse is just stupid.

bean_machine
10/10happy

I've been over all the rest of that already.

Its good to be a dreamer.

No matter what you say nothing you have posted hints at omniversality at FP. Universality at best (reaching for me) but not Omniversality.

bean_machine
Or the Galactic core happy

Best post I've read all day.

2damnloud
Its good to be a dreamer.

No matter what you say nothing you have posted hints at omniversality at FP. Universality at best (reaching for me) but not Omniversality.

What hinted at Jean and Phoenix??

2damnloud
No answer huh??

Some of you can't debate worth a shitlaughing

WorldWarHulk
No answer huh??

Some of you can't debate worth a shitlaughing Reading this, it seems you really made someone look bad...
Reading the thread... ya...

Also, what would he need to answer anyway?
Why would he need to answer either?

2damnloud
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
Reading this, it seems you really made someone look bad...
Reading the thread... ya...

Also, what would he need to answer anyway?
Why would he need to answer either?

He made it a prerequisite.

Why are we debating my opinion on Storm's FP??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strawman much??

Polaris is screwed with no bloodrip.

Storm 10/10

Swanky-Tuna
Putting limits on the opposition - 10/10

bean_machine
What hinted at Jean and Phoenix??

The chances of PF becoming Omniversal are close to 0/10, the same that I give to Storm. Nothing has hinted that either can become it.

2damnloud
Putting limits on the opposition - 10/10

It's a one-time feat

Storm even WITH that 10/10

WITHOUT that is a shitstomphappy

2damnloud
The chances of PF becoming Omniversal are close to 0/10, the same that I give to Storm. Nothing has hinted that either can become it.

That answer is not sufficientno expression

bean_machine
Anyways people are gonna keep brining up your opinion of FP Storm since yo are making all these Storm threads.

Its my opinion that its worng to limit a characters power set to give the opposition a fighting chance.

Just becase you don't like the idea of a blood rip it doesn't mean its cheap. Mags and polaris with bloo rip FTW everytime.

2damnloud
Anyways people are gonna keep brining up your opinion of FP Storm since yo are making all these Storm threads.

Its my opinion that its worng to limit a characters power set to give the opposition a fighting chance.

Just becase you don't like the idea of a blood rip it doesn't mean its cheap. Mags and polaris with bloo rip FTW everytime.

They are one-time feats.happy

I can bring up the GC and say a bloodrip working on Storm is PIS everytime.

Storm still wins. eek!

bean_machine
That answer is not sufficientno expression

For the record it is my opinion that FP or Storm can't become omniversal.

Just like my opinion is not enough, neither is yours on your case for a FP Storm. You have nothing to hint omniversality at all, just your opinion, and that is not good enough. No quotes or interviews to back you up on this one.

And the burden of proof is not on me to disprove your FP Storm becuase she does not exist.

If she ever does, I will eat my own words, but i am confident that Marvel writers are not stupid enough to give such a character omniversal powers.

The thing I can assure you is that all you claim of Storm can be claimed of PF.

bean_machine
Magneto's bloodrip will work fastest eveytime and you just admitted that GC is PIS.

Blair Wind

So is the galactic core thing no expression

2damnloud
Magneto's bloodrip will work fastest eveytime and you just admitted that GC is PIS.

It can't be used according the rules.

You have comprehension problem. I never said the GC was PIS.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Blair Wind
So is the galactic core thing no expression

Hence both cann't be usedhappy

Storm slays Polaris.

Swanky-Tuna
It's a one-time feat

Storm even WITH that 10/10

WITHOUT that is a shitstomphappy
I'm just saying in general.

darthgoober

I can bring up the GC and say a bloodrip working on Storm is PIS everytime.

Storm still wins. eek!
You seem to be misunderstanding the spirit behind that particular rule. Your confusing a display of the amount of power at a characters disposal, with a specific application of that power. So let's go over it to clear things up...

Originally posted by Tron

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for,

Ok let's see...
Magneto and Polaris both have many feats to their credit which suggest that either of them are capable of manipulating the iron present inside a human body(the most convincing of which are the numerous times that they actually HAVE manipulated the iron present inside the human body). By the same token, both have numerous feats to suggest that either of them could in fact force a piece of iron through a human body. So using logic we can see that...

Numerous instances of being able to effect the iron present within a humans bloodstream + numerous instances of being able to exert more than enough force to penetrate the human body with a piece of iron=The ability to tear the iron out of someone's body.

By the same token...

Storm has show the ability to suspend things in the air with wind on numerous occasions + Storm has shown the ability to create winds that effect large/heavy objects=Storm has the ability to suspend large/heavy objects in the air(up to the limits she's shown anyway) whether she's ever actually done it to that specific object or not.

and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career,
Let's see, both Magneto and Polaris have shown the ability to handle the strain of manipulating iron inside the human body on numerous occasions(and have shown the ability to manipulate iron on an even greater scale in fact).

Storm has shown the ability to channel as much energy as was present within the GC once(or possibly twice). Once was the GC itself, and the other possibility was inside the Trion dimension(I say possibly because we don't really know just how much power she channeled there).

In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities.

Which basically means that it's the characters average showings that determine what does or does not qualify as an instance of SMvF.

The average showings of Magneto and Polaris suggest that they are capable of utilizing the EM spectrum to effect metal in ways far superior to the blood rip. Now if Magneto or Polaris was suddenly written to do a blood rip on everyone in the solar system(something far beyond the abilities they normally demonstrate) without some extenuating circumstance or plot device, and never really showed that level of ability after that, THEN it would be an instance of SMvF.

The average showings of Storm suggest that her limits are far lower than was shown with the GC.

For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
Let's see, Magneto and Polaris have both manipulated the iron in someone's blood LOT'S of times now, under lot's of different writers.

How many different times has Storm shown the ability to channel energy equivalent to that contained within the Galactic Core again?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See SMvF applies to the overall POWER of a given character, not the applications of the power that's been established.

Magneto and Polaris's blood rip is a specific application of their abilities that fall well within the limits of overall power that have been established for each character.

Storm's channeling the power of the Galactic Core on the other hand, is an instance where her overall level of power is portrayed as being far beyond what she's generally recognized as having.

So basically....

Blood rip= thumb up for Magneto and Polaris by forum rules.

Channeling the power contained within the Galactic Core= thumb down for Storm by forum rules.

One more thing. Know how your always talking about Claremont being the only one who portrays Storm accurately? Well...

That basically means that despite the level of power Claremont assigns to Storm when he's writing her, until that level is recognized ON PANEL by writers other than he(and Marvel as a whole in fact), his overblown feats are to be disregarded by forum rules(so you really shouldn't be putting so much hope in his taking charge of how Storm's portrayed).

Swanky-Tuna
That's like a right high kick to a guy who thinks he's Mirko Crocop.

Don't want to ruin any fights for anyone. Still, shocking end.

2damnloud
Originally posted by darthgoober
You seem to be misunderstanding the spirit behind that particular rule. Your confusing a display of the amount of power at a characters disposal, with a specific application of that power. So let's go over it to clear things up...

Ok let's see...
Magneto and Polaris both have many feats to their credit which suggest that either of them are capable of manipulating the iron present inside a human body(the most convincing of which are the numerous times that they actually HAVE manipulated the iron present inside the human body). By the same token, both have numerous feats to suggest that either of them could in fact force a piece of iron through a human body. So using logic we can see that...

Numerous instances of being able to effect the iron present within a humans bloodstream + numerous instances of being able to exert more than enough force to penetrate the human body with a piece of iron=The ability to tear the iron out of someone's body.

By the same token...

Storm has show the ability to suspend things in the air with wind on numerous occasions + Storm has shown the ability to create winds that effect large/heavy objects=Storm has the ability to suspend large/heavy objects in the air(up to the limits she's shown anyway) whether she's ever actually done it to that specific object or not.

Let's see, both Magneto and Polaris have shown the ability to handle the strain of manipulating iron inside the human body on numerous occasions(and have shown the ability to manipulate iron on an even greater scale in fact).

Storm has shown the ability to channel as much energy as was present within the GC once(or possibly twice). Once was the GC itself, and the other possibility was inside the Trion dimension(I say possibly because we don't really know just how much power she channeled there).

Which basically means that it's the characters average showings that determine what does or does not qualify as an instance of SMvF.

The average showings of Magneto and Polaris suggest that they are capable of utilizing the EM spectrum to effect metal in ways far superior to the blood rip. Now if Magneto or Polaris was suddenly written to do a blood rip on everyone in the solar system(something far beyond the abilities they normally demonstrate) without some extenuating circumstance or plot device, and never really showed that level of ability after that, THEN it would be an instance of SMvF.

The average showings of Storm suggest that her limits are far lower than was shown with the GC.

Let's see, Magneto and Polaris have both manipulated the iron in someone's blood LOT'S of times now, under lot's of different writers.

How many different times has Storm shown the ability to channel energy equivalent to that contained within the Galactic Core again?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See SMvF applies to the overall POWER of a given character, not the applications of the power that's been established.

Magneto and Polaris's blood rip is a specific application of their abilities that fall well within the limits of overall power that have been established for each character.

Storm's channeling the power of the Galactic Core on the other hand, is an instance where her overall level of power is portrayed as being far beyond what she's generally recognized as having.

So basically....

Blood rip= thumb up for Magneto and Polaris by forum rules.

Channeling the power contained within the Galactic Core= thumb down for Storm by forum rules.

One more thing. Know how your always talking about Claremont being the only one who portrays Storm accurately? Well...

That basically means that despite the level of power Claremont assigns to Storm when he's writing her, until that level is recognized ON PANEL by writers other than he(and Marvel as a whole in fact), his overblown feats are to be disregarded by forum rules(so you really shouldn't be putting so much hope in his taking charge of how Storm's portrayed).

Storm has also channeled and manipulated HIGH yields of EM energy in her body on "NUMEROUS"(ambiguous, not an actual NUMBER) occassions. This "SUGGEST" that any blood-ripping should not effect her withstanding the fact that a very, VERY strong magnetic field is involved, If it does, it is PIS. cool It's just like the fact that Electricity "does not harm Magneto."

Also, a huge part of the weather is Earth's Magnetic field and Electrical field(Lightning thunderstorms etc.) which Storm also channels and manips on the regular. Given the fact that they both tap into the same energy spectrum, and Ororo can go A LOT higher in this respect( GC, Space Lightning, Solar winds, Shaman's Blizzard in her body etc.) Storm cannot be directly effected by effects of the weather. EM is one of them, since the Earth's atmosphere is very electrical and EM.

Again, certain aspects of Storm's powerset are almost COMPLETELY suspended and disregarded to garner a win, whereas the Polaris can do the most LOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE, minute, detailed attacks.

Is this fair people??

NO eek!

Polaris' sole source of win is MAGNETISM which might as well be the "same" as Electricity since Magnetism is everpresent with the movement of charged particles.

Storm still kills Polaris and Magneto, I'm just saying. roll eyes (sarcastic) Im not going to say "easily" anymore. I was saying that to screw with you all because you all get heated. mad .... laughing

Suspend aspects Storm's powerset of highend EM manipulation all you want.

What's ALSO crazy is the fact that Mageto has to be hooked up to MACHINE to do feats that take MUUUUUUUUUUCH less Magnetic Field strength than diamagnetic Manipulation. PIS much?? Bad writing much?? SHould we speculate and say "Oh, the circumstances should not allow etc etc"

I say she still wins though. eek!

*Sigh* forum rules.

2damnloud
Btw, I heard Storm doesn't really beat the shit outta Surfer, but what she does is COOL!!!.

King_Mungi
Btw, I heard Storm doesn't really beat the shit outta Surfer, but what she does is COOL!!!.

What does she do? and I assume someone got an advance copy or something

2damnloud
Originally posted by King_Mungi
What does she do? and I assume someone got an advance copy or something

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/showthread.php?t=41232&page=9&pp=20&highlight=storm

It's hearsay really--Post#179

I dunno what the Goddess will do.eek!

2damnloud
http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-2.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-3.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-4.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-5.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-6.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-7.jpg

Rutog98
http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-2.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-3.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-4.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-5.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-6.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/fantasticfour/545_lettered/FF545_int-7.jpg

Storm: "Ben's going to try and fight him?"

Torch: "Does Wolverine go through a lot of gloves?"

Priceless. laughing

2damnloud
Storm: "Ben's going to try and fight him?"

Torch: "Does Wolverine go through a lot of gloves?"

Priceless. laughing

I heard she does something cool to Surfer.

I remember she struck the CRAP out of him with one of her Sky-to-Ground lightning. He was REELING. laughing

I dunno WHAT she does to him. He looks concerned though. Her power must be REALLY up there.

phillipan
His look is more of a what the hell is storm doing here???

The life support devices further support that storm cant survive in space un aided.

And the "cool" thing she does, no shit its not fight him; unlike you two she knows she would loose! BADLY!

2damnloud
Originally posted by phillipan
His look is more of a what the hell is storm doing here???

The life support devices further support that storm cant survive in space un aided.

And the "cool" thing she does, no shit its not fight him; unlike you two she knows she would loose! BADLY!

That's what you would LIKE it to be laughing

Storm is POWERFUL, powerful enough for SS to be concerned eek!

Deal, or no deal.

And who said she could survive in space unaided??

Symmetric Chaos
I remember she struck the CRAP out of him with one of her Sky-to-Ground lightning. He was REELING. laughing

no expression Its not possible to remember something that hasn't happened yet.

Badabing
no expression Its not possible to remember something that hasn't happened yet. laughing

2damnloud
no expression Its not possible to remember something that hasn't happened yet.

She did catch him off guard with a Lightning bolt in Infinity Crusade.

It hurt him.

I guess that's why he's concerned--he knows what a good ass-whipping feels like. laughing

phillipan
Scanns plz....

And lightning means SHIT to surfer no matter how strong, cross over events are full of PIS. Surfer can take novva burts like nothing for effs sake.

Youre just upset because you know nothing storm throws at him would even register to him.

2damnloud
"Now he shall reckon with STORM!"

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/5626/stormsurfer9er.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1224/stormsurfer27by.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1651/stormsurfer31ad.jpg

Symmetric Chaos

She cheapshotted him and it didn't even phase him. Plus SS got an upgrade recently.

Bentley
So I guess I block Rutog too.

2damnloud
She cheapshotted him and it didn't even phase him. Plus SS got an upgrade recently.

Cheapshot?? laughing

That hurt him.

Storm can handle this, man cool

I can't WAIT!

Symmetric Chaos
Cheapshot?? laughing

That hurt him.

What the f**k? Did you even look at the scans you posted?

phillipan
Not much of a showing for storm. Crazy b!tch got excited and gets all ready to attack, meanwhile surfer calmly says "what... what are you doing?"

And in the last scan the lightning didnt even phase him, he grabs storms hand right afterwords.

2damnloud
What the f**k? Did you even look at the scans you posted?

HE WAS SCREAMIN IN PAIN laughing

Yea, he shook it off, he's the Silver Surfer. Nonetheless, he was HURT. eek!

Swanky-Tuna

I wonder what the circumstances are around that. If he can absorb stars after flying through them, with zero ill effects, I don't think any conceivable aspect of lightning should normally have any kind of effect on him unless it was needed to advance the plot or he was weakened. Or perhaps "he didn't have his forcefield up" if anybody gets what I'm saying.

Symmetric Chaos
HE WAS SCREAMIN IN PAIN laughing

Yea, he shook it off, he's the Silver Surfer. Nonetheless, he was HURT. eek!

Hurt would imply that the attack did some damage. It did nothing even though he wasn't defending himself of fighting back in any way. By the next page he grabbed her.

xmarksthespot
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/314/26ff7.th.jpghttp://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8958/27fx3.th.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5529/story1page04newea8ub2.th.jpg

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2323/magbettercontroloflighttg9.th.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/8486/story1page14sx8su6.th.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7885/page22ct0.th.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6920/stormandcomputerenergy1xc1.th.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/194/stormelectzw8.th.jpg

ermmhappy

2damnloud
I wonder what the circumstances are around that. If he can absorb stars after flying through them, with zero ill effects, I don't think any conceivable aspect of lightning should normally have any kind of effect on him unless it was needed to advance the plot or he was weakened. Or perhaps "he didn't have his forcefield up" if anybody gets what I'm saying.

And the same should apply to Storm with regard to the Magneto Polaris Bloodrip scenario.

Whats good for the goose...

I heard she does something cool to him, I don't know wha it is though.

His cosmic awareness obviously picked up something hella strong from her from the expression on his face even BEFORE he saw her.

Swanky-Tuna
And the same should apply to Storm with regard to the Magneto Polaris Bloodrip scenario.

Whats good for the goose...
The fatal flaw in the comparison is Surfer regularly does big feats like that. You have four or five instances of Storm manipulating EM energy in space over thirty years and only one instance of her approaching it on a grand scale, a one time feat.

If you were to cut those level feats out of both their careers, you'd be left with 99% of Storm's showings and those times where he's lost the power cosmic for Surfer. And maybe the first half of most of his fights where he's doing a Lex Luger/Hulk Hogan and letting himself get beat up before he comes back and defeats his opponent while the crowd chants "U-S-A! U-S-A!"

You don't even know what she does and you're putting stock into the words of a stranger. For all you know she could of poked him in the eyes then flew away while going "Whoopwhoopwhoop!" and the guy said it was cool because he's a big Stooges fan.

Actually, that would be fricken hilarious. I haven't seen a Three Stooges reference in a long time. Not counting this one.

If she had such an awe inspiring energy about her he would of sensed her light years away.

I predict either another cyborg or she pulls a Gladiator vs Cannonball in a sense.

2damnloud
The fatal flaw in the comparison is Surfer regularly does big feats like that. You have four or five instances of Storm manipulating EM energy in space over thirty years and only one instance of her approaching it on a grand scale, a one time feat.

5 times is STILL enough according to forum rules.

Hell, TWICE in the same story is good enough laughing

Rarely repeated = usually not done more than once.

The manipulation of EM energy on a grandscale is a by-product of Storms Mutant powers.

You tried to write off her GC by saying it was logically and sceintifically impossible, yet Magneto needs to be hooked up to a machine to do SIMPLE feats for which the Magnetic field equivalent to a junkyard magnet or MRI would suffice yet him ripping blood, which is scientifically Impossible even under the Magnetic field strength of a Magnetar (which would rip a Human apart via the VERY weak Diamagnetic fields) is done with ease. laughing

Magneto's and Polaris' whole powerset is PIS if you really want to think about it.

Storm deals with Magnetic and Electrical forces on a grand scale all the time, not just with the Galactic core. Storm can tap into the electrical potential of the EARTH ITSELF with NO MACHINES.

Again, in order to garner a win, you would HAVE TO totally disregard that particular aspect of Storm's powers by using a rule that, imo, does not apply here since storm has done it over and over.
sick Desperate much.

And Polaris STILL diesno expression

2damnloud
And Polaris STILL diesno expression

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8481/stormvspolaris10qc.jpg
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9053/stormvspolaris25cx.jpg

Lorna's dead. Happy Dance

xmarksthespot
5 times is STILL enoughSpankin'.Originally posted by xmarksthespot
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/314/26ff7.th.jpghttp://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8958/27fx3.th.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5529/story1page04newea8ub2.th.jpg

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2323/magbettercontroloflighttg9.th.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/8486/story1page14sx8su6.th.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7885/page22ct0.th.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6920/stormandcomputerenergy1xc1.th.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/194/stormelectzw8.th.jpg

ermmhappy

2damnloud
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Spankin'.

All PIS

Storm cannot be hurt by the Elements.

When you have someone at Storm's level stupid things are brought up to take her down.

Forum rules said no PIS.

2damnloud
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8893/lightningcage4wn.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2807/articstorm9yk.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7466/articstorm27os.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandthegalaticcore15zq.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandthegalaticcore29bc.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airandwatervs1.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airandwater2ki8.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airandwater3ut8.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airandwater4fy9.jpg

xmarksthespot
The ironing is delicious. ermmhappy

Swanky-Tuna
5 times is STILL enough according to forum rules.
Your whole post derails here. The five total times manipulating EM energy in space is unreliable at best. But that's not my point for the second time. The point is she's only possibly manipulated this huge spike of energy, aka, the galactic core, once. It's a one time feat. She's never done anything else on that level.

All PIS

Storm cannot be hurt by the Elements.

When you have someone at Storm's level stupid things are brought up to take her down.

Forum rules said no PIS.
Wow. Honestly, wow. You've blatantly brought up stupid level crap at least twice to justify Storm having a chance against someone.

In fact, you've used low opponent feats vs high storm feats your entire run here.

2damnloud
Your whole post derails here. The five total times manipulating EM energy in space is unreliable at best. But that's not my point for the second time. The point is she's only possibly manipulated this huge spike of energy, aka, the galactic core, once. It's a one time feat. She's never done anything else on that level.

Wow. Honestly, wow. You've blatantly brought up stupid level crap at least twice to justify Storm having a chance against someone.

In fact, you've used low opponent feats vs high storm feats your entire run here.

Im not talking about the Galactic core ONLY. I'm talking about PERIOD.

See my last post in this thread.

Regardless, 5, 6 or 7 times does NOT= rarely repeated.

"Repeat" means to do something at least twice.

The adjective "rarely" means hardly ever or IF ever.

Storm has done it enough to prove tat it is apart of her powerset.

Again, you would have to suspend part of her POWERSET to garner a win.

It still doesn't work since she can EASILY OWN Polaris and has owned Magneto with air and temp attacks.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>