Galactus vs the Dreaming Celestial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pre Crisis Ya
Galactus seemed pretty shit scared of the Dreaming in the most recent Eternals arc. All the other Celstials had to combined their powers to put him down and the same host weren't even scratched by Odin whose apparently now is on the same level as Galactus.

Thanos_THOTU
GTFO Judge ...

Priest
Hi Whirly

Utrigita
Odin is now a days NOT on the level of Galactus, as for the dreaming celestial I don't know why he should be afraid off him, Galactus fed is in my openion capable of bringing down any single celestial.

Being afraid is basically some bullshit pardon the langauge galactus has fought beings more powerful then Tiamut but hasn't show fear, but now he does confused

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
Odin is now a days NOT on the level of Galactus, as for the dreaming celestial I don't know why he should be afraid off him, Galactus fed is in my openion capable of bringing down any single celestial.

Being afraid is basically some bullshit pardon the langauge galactus has fought beings more powerful then Tiamut but hasn't show fear, but now he does confused

I like Tiamut and Galactus.

Utrigita
I know you do big grin I just pointed out that I found it strange that he fears Tiamut when he has faced much more powerful foes without showing fear

Board Walker
Whirly was before my time here, was he a troll like the judge?

guy222
I know you do big grin I just pointed out that I found it strange that he fears Tiamut when he has faced much more powerful foes without showing fear

smile

guy222
Originally posted by Board Walker
Whirly was before my time here, was he a troll like the judge?

Board, I don't know either one

Mider999
galactus did once destroy all the race of celestials i think but it was in an FF comic cause dreaming celestial made him so hungry he just had to eat them all, but dreaming celestial is one of the strongest celestials in existence maybe stronger then exitar.

guy222
Originally posted by Mider999
galactus did once destroy all the race of celestials i think but it was in an FF comic cause dreaming celestial made him so hungry he just had to eat them all, but dreaming celestial is one of the strongest celestials in existence maybe stronger then exitar.

Sounds fair. smile

jgiant
Where is Whirly, he is the man!
"Keep the Faith, Stay Whirly rock "

Utrigita
Originally posted by Mider999

A little note It is true that Tiamut did indeed take control over galactus and used him to destroy that universe but remember it was the power of Galactus that was used to do so

psycho gundam
celestials>galactus. READ THE HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE
COMIC from the 80's and the 2000's

guy222
Originally posted by psycho gundam

I admire Celestials. I respect Galactus.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Pre Crisis Ya
Galactus seemed pretty shit scared of the Dreaming in the most recent Eternals arc. All the other Celstials had to combined their powers to put him down and the same host weren't even scratched by Odin whose apparently now is on the same level as Galactus.

Tiamut, The Dreaming Celestial. Meh

starlock

i have said this in another thread,and i know people might not care,but for those that do........

in the four roleplaying systems i have on marvel, the celestials are more powerfull than galactus,now it is not that much as entity's go but still enough to see the point of the creators, in general over the 18 years of roleplaying marvel characters one celestial(they give generic celestials,and specified ones) is more powerfull than galactus

now i think over the years in the eyes of the writers,they have elevated galactus in the scheme of things,even when galactus was(is) considered one of the trinity

Utrigita

Oh yes lets do that and then we will see that the CELESTIALS>Galactus but ONE CELESTIAL<<<Galactus.

I Care about you saying so I can only concluded that my experience in the marvel RPG is different then yours on a celestial vs Galactus fight.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by jgiant
Where is Whirly, he is the man!
"Keep the Faith, Stay Whirly rock "

I've heard this to be true.

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Badabing
Originally posted by Flame On!!
I've heard this to be true.

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock dur

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Badabing
dur

I was merely replying to the above poster.

smile

Badabing
I was merely replying to the above poster.

smile nutnut

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Badabing
nutnut

smile

Interesting smiley

http://news.agendainc.com/images/smil0606.jpg

http://www.borislavdopudja.net/img/writings/smiley_1_big.jpg

- FO!!

Badabing
smile

Interesting smiley

http://news.agendainc.com/images/smil0606.jpg

http://www.borislavdopudja.net/img/writings/smiley_1_big.jpg

- FO!! Yeah, it cracks me up. stick out tongue

guy222
Tiamut

Knowsbleed33
The Dreamer takes it. I like Galactus alot, but I think people over-hype the character.

guy222
I like both characters. Kirby made the Celestials to surpass the Watchers and Galactus

Xplosive
Originally posted by guy222
I like both characters. Kirby made the Celestials to surpass the Watchers and Galactus

I think that Galactus upper limit of power level is beyond any Celestial, except Scathan.

guy222
Morning buddy

Galactus appeared to 'consume' Tiamut. 500,000 years later when Tiamut awoke Galactus knew fear. Speaks volumes

I love the Big Guy. We all know my passion for the Celestials

I agree with u....Scathan>Galactus. Scathan the Approver(Earth-691) is the most powerful Celestial ever. Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial(Earth-616) is the baddest Celestial. It appears he can't be killed

leonidas
til i see g take down a celestial, i gotta stick with the celestial. one of these days they REALLY need to square off in the 616. erm

Utrigita
Until I see a Celestial take down Big G I'm sticking with Galactus because he has already taken down a few Celestials

Tenebrous
Originally posted by leonidas
til i see g take down a celestial, i gotta stick with the celestial. one of these days they REALLY need to square off in the 616. erm Originally posted by Utrigita
Until I see a Celestial take down Big G I'm sticking with Galactus because he has already taken down a few Celestials

Can't see your logic leonidas. Neither has shown confrontation with the other in 616. Galactus on the whole has many more impressive feats than Tiamut.

The only confrontation between the two we have ever seen is Earth-X, where franklin richards, by the very properties of the earth-x universe, was a de facto Galactus...he believed he was galactus and became galactus with galactus' powers, as the asgardians believed they were "gods." From that depiction we see G>celestials.

Galactus is a universe incarnate, one-half mortal and one-half the Eternity of the previous universe....Galactus has already lived up to that reputation several times. Until I see Tiamut do the same, big G every time.

Lumby
G wins or maybe tiamut i know little about the dreamer

iceman24567
Galactus 10/10

leonidas
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Can't see your logic leonidas. Neither has shown confrontation with the other in 616. Galactus on the whole has many more impressive feats than Tiamut.

The only confrontation between the two we have ever seen is Earth-X, where franklin richards, by the very properties of the earth-x universe, was a de facto Galactus...he believed he was galactus and became galactus with galactus' powers, as the asgardians believed they were "gods." From that depiction we see G>celestials.

Galactus is a universe incarnate, one-half mortal and one-half the Eternity of the previous universe....Galactus has already lived up to that reputation several times. Until I see Tiamut do the same, big G every time.

you're talking about a theoretical version of galactus. we've seen the combined might of several skyfather's fail to even grab the notice of arishem. in contrast, we've seen thanos knock a 'well fed' galactus on his a$$. erm franklin has created a pocket universe and was actually responsible for galactus's 'resurrection' in the abraxas arc.

add to that the bit about galactus knowing fear once tiamut awoke again and, well . . . that's where my logic stems from. even in the ff arc where he was absorbing the universe, galactus had been manipulated/altered BY the dreaming celestial so as to be insatiably hungry. no real proof g could do that under his own power.

could the 'theoretical-full-power-galactus' beat a celestial. yeah, sure, probably. the g we see in books though? again, i'll take a celestial until g beats one in continuity. something i'd LOVE to see, btw.

guy222
It would be nice to see Galactus and Celestials work as a team

As mentioned before, Galactus tried to consume Tiamut. When Tiamut awoke 500,000 years later, Galactus knew fear. That speaks volume

Full power Galactus is supposed to = Eternity. Eternity has recreated Earth. Big G hasn't

I wish Marvel would write Big G properly. Last time we saw Galactus, he was 'hurt' and 'fed' by Gravity. That's bad

Priest
Hey buddy, Galactus was hungry when he was hurt by Gravity.

guy222
Hey Priest

Bouboumaster
Galactus

Tenebrous
you're talking about a theoretical version of galactus. we've seen the combined might of several skyfather's fail to even grab the notice of arishem. in contrast, we've seen thanos knock a 'well fed' galactus on his a$$. erm franklin has created a pocket universe and was actually responsible for galactus's 'resurrection' in the abraxas arc.

add to that the bit about galactus knowing fear once tiamut awoke again and, well . . . that's where my logic stems from. even in the ff arc where he was absorbing the universe, galactus had been manipulated/altered BY the dreaming celestial so as to be insatiably hungry. no real proof g could do that under his own power.

could the 'theoretical-full-power-galactus' beat a celestial. yeah, sure, probably. the g we see in books though? again, i'll take a celestial until g beats one in continuity. something i'd LOVE to see, btw.

If by theoretical you mean Galactus is part-Eternity...no, it's not theoretical. Galactus is an incarnate universe, stated on-panel in fantastic four

One of mr. master's scans, from FF #522...here johnny storm has been turned into a herald and has received cosmic awareness as a result. somehow he plays the role of "shrink" to Galactus and realizes what Galactus *really* is....

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2628/g2wl7.th.jpg

"the metamorphosed embodiment of a cosmos"

Yes, that does mean that Galactus is the physical, transformed incarnation of an entire universe, namely, his own universe. Further reason why all the abstracts treat Galactus with mad respect....he's older than ALL of them (cept for LT), and he's the "transformed" version of current Eternity's predecessor.

Merges with Eternity of Galan's universe:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4084/galactus11hb3.th.jpg

confirmed again in Thanos #3:
"And as Eternity had promised" i.e., Eternity=the Sentience of the Universe that spoke to Galan in the cosmic egg and merged with him.
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1218/thanos0305qn0.th.jpg

confirmed in OHOTMU:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMUbig grinata_Corrections_Fantastic_Four_2005

(edit: the smiley syntax apparently overrides everything. it should read OHOTMU:data_ with a capital D for Data, not lower-case D.)

RE: Thanos/Galactus....no where was it mentioned that Galactus was "well fed," so that's pure conjecture. Thanos knocked Galactus on his ass but you forgot to mention what happens after that...

Thanos' attack did NOTHING but enrage Galactus:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9135/thanos0507ec5.th.jpg

Thanos activates ALL his shields...he activated 3 shields to stand against Odin
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7062/thanos0508si6.th.jpg

Nobody has humiliated Thanos like this, ever.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1448/thanos0509dh6.th.jpg
so ultimately, Thanos blasted Galactus on his ass, true, but Thanos had miliseconds to act, and in those miliseconds Galactus humiliated and overwhelmed Thanos, which Mar-vell, Silver Surfer, Magus, Adam Warlock, Thor etc. etc. etc. have never done in the entirety of all their lives

Anyway, regarding Franklin...Franklin reconstituted him, with Valeria's help, and they burnt out their powers. Not permanently, apparently... but the fact remains that energy required to reconstitute Galactus >>>>>>>energy required to create and maintain the pocket universe with all the heroes in it, and even a celestial

Tenebrous

Since we all like to debate, here's my logic to counter yours....

yeah. that's been one of my primary arguments when debates about Tiamut-as one of the most powerful (or the most powerful, depends on some interpretations) celestials-vs. Galactus appear

i'll just quote from the celestial respect thread again, since i'm too lazy to post my own scans.

first scan shows arishem the judge and eson the searcher, and a few other celestials, "listening" to tiamut and showing him respect.

second scan shows that while imprisoned on earth, his energies were being slowly restored by the crypt his deviants had built. eventually he would return to his former power levels, allowing him to break free of his prison.

to engineer his revenge, he looks to control an external source of power. that said power source is quoted as "incalculable."

so, while Tiamut realized he was far above the other celestials, banding together they defeated him. So his power is not quite far above them enough to enable him to defeat them on his own, thus his need for external power, in the form of Galactus.

now some will argue that Galactus needed external manipulation to reach those power levels. That is true. But the manipulation wasn't the range of his power, only the scope. If you use the ultimate nullifier to nullify 10 planets, and I use the ultimate nullifier to nullify 20 planets, we use the same power, only i use it to larger scope. meaning, both of us wield the power necessary to destroy the planets, i only use it to greater "range."

it is already within galactus' power-set to do what Tiamut could not.

There are a few factors which prevent Galactus from replicating the feat he did while under the manipulations of Tiamut:

1. His hunger can temporarily be satiated
Galactus' hunger temporarily abates after consuming planets, before returning again in about 1 month's time. However, it depends I guess on the situation. In the hyperstorm scans i quoted above, reed explained that hyperstorm had a limitless access to hyerspace energy, and galactus had perpetual hunger. so the last reed sees of them, they are locked together as galactus feeds on hyperstorm. however galactus has long since returned, and hyperstorm has not.

2. He has no inentions of destroying his universe
As a character, Galactus has always been written, ever since fantastic four #48, as a prime cosmic force, indifferent to human affairs and neither malevolent nor benevolent. He is above petty concerns. To my knowledge, he is the only character in all of Marvel to not ever have been tempted, in the slightest, to use all infinity gems to control reality and alter the universe for personal gain ("bad" personal gain in the case of thanos and the magus, "good" personal gain in the case of reed, "perfect" personal gain in the case of adam warlock, and Eternity, whom the IG-omniscient adam warlock stated would question his (meaning, Eternity's) place in the cosmic order behind LT if Eternity had possession of the IG). That alone should stand testament to the dreams of conquest, revenge, power, etc. that Galactus has: none at all. As written in comics, Galactus would never, with willful intention, exercise harm to the universe...he and Eternity are closely bound together in many ways. So, Galactus as a character has no motivation to actively pursue more than is required, and to consume/destroy the universe. Can he do it? yes, he can, as shown. Would he do it? No. Galactus has come to the defense of the universe multiple times (Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Hunger, Abraxas, Proemial Gods, Annihilation wave, Impossible Man) and has threatened the universe of his own accord zero times.

link to the actual post which has the actual scans http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10345059& amp;highlight=forumid%3A77+userid%3A105618#post103

Rorschach
Tiamut

You sure about that, guy? mhmm

GalacticStorm

As mentioned before, Galactus tried to consume Tiamut. When Tiamut awoke 500,000 years later, Galactus knew fear. That speaks volume

Full power Galactus is supposed to = Eternity. Eternity has recreated Earth. Big G hasn't

You do realise Galactus consuming Tiamut occurred in an alternate reality. It wasnt 616 Galactus or the 616 Black Celestial:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/timebubblegalactus.htm

On top of that that alternate reality Galactus only became such a threat to that alternate reality because the Dreaming/Black Celestial altered his makeup and restored him after that Galactus died.

It wasnt naturally within that Galactus' abilities. So it would be flawed logic to use that instance to prove anything about 616 Galactus' capabilities.

The biggest feat we've seen on panel from 616 Galactus is during the Annihilation series when he destroyed 3 solar systems in a single outburst of power.

Dreaming Celestial FTW.

leonidas
If by theoretical you mean Galactus is part-Eternity...no, it's not theoretical. Galactus is an incarnate universe, stated on-panel in fantastic four

Merges with Eternity of Galan's universe:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4084/galactus11hb3.th.jpg

confirmed again in Thanos #3:
"And as Eternity had promised" i.e., Eternity=the Sentience of the Universe that spoke to Galan in the cosmic egg and merged with him.
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1218/thanos0305qn0.th.jpg

confirmed in OHOTMU:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMUbig grinata_Corrections_Fantastic_Four_2005

(edit: the smiley syntax apparently overrides everything. it should read OHOTMU:data_ with a capital D for Data, not lower-case D.)

RE: Thanos/Galactus....no where was it mentioned that Galactus was "well fed," so that's pure conjecture. Thanos knocked Galactus on his ass but you forgot to mention what happens after that...

Thanos' attack did NOTHING but enrage Galactus:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9135/thanos0507ec5.th.jpg

Thanos activates ALL his shields...he activated 3 shields to stand against Odin
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7062/thanos0508si6.th.jpg

Nobody has humiliated Thanos like this, ever.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1448/thanos0509dh6.th.jpg
so ultimately, Thanos blasted Galactus on his ass, true, but Thanos had miliseconds to act, and in those miliseconds Galactus humiliated and overwhelmed Thanos, which Mar-vell, Silver Surfer, Magus, Adam Warlock, Thor etc. etc. etc. have never done in the entirety of all their lives

Anyway, regarding Franklin...Franklin reconstituted him, with Valeria's help, and they burnt out their powers. Not permanently, apparently... but the fact remains that energy required to reconstitute Galactus >>>>>>>energy required to create and maintain the pocket universe with all the heroes in it, and even a celestial

when thanos first came to speak to galactus he notes he was well fed. not speculation, directly said in the series.

the ff arc, as pointed out by gs, was non-canon, like the earth x is non-canon so neither issue has a place here. pure speculation to say g could do what he did in that ff arc.

by theoretical, i meant the 'theoretically-never-seen-full-power' galactus. franklin did need to burn his powers for a time, but he's still young.

there really isn't anything you can point to aside from the fact that g was powered by the energy of a universe when he was born. we also have seen on panel that when he died he became nothing more than a star. not a universe, or anything else particularly impressive, a star that may radiate energy forever -- or until the end of the universe presumably.

on panel, in 616 g has done nothing to show he could conclusively defeat this celestial. erm

GalacticStorm
Since we all like to debate, here's my logic to counter yours....

link to the actual post which has the actual scans http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10345059& amp;highlight=forumid%3A77+userid%3A105618#post103

Its not within 616 Galactus' powerset to require a constant funnel of energy. The fact that 616 Galactus' hunger can and does get satiated shows there is a cut off point for the amount of energy his system can absorb. Then he exerts and his energy reserves deplete and he needs to eat again. Thats different to the alternate reality Galactus who had no cap on how much energy he could absorb. He was never satiated which was why in the end the Ultimate Nullifier was used.

janus77
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Its not within 616 Galactus' powerset to require a constant funnel of energy. The fact that 616 Galactus' hunger can and does get satiated shows there is a cut off point for the amount of energy his system can absorb. Then he exerts and his energy reserves deplete and he needs to eat again. Thats different to the alternate reality Galactus who had no cap on how much energy he could absorb. He was never satiated which was why in the end the Ultimate Nullifier was used.
the logic doesn't hold.
the fact that Galactus' hunger can be sated does not in any way affect Galactus' ability to continue absorbing energies.

as an example of why such a relationship between "hunger" and energy absorption is erroneous, look at Galactus' herald The Surfer. he doesn't suffer from "the hunger", yet he can and does absorb energy on stupendous scales.

there is no implied cut off point, merely no explicit compulsion acting upon Galactus, forcing him to constantly seek nourishment.

furthermore Galactus' hunger was only out of control because his mind was affected, he was made to feel hunger, to never feel sated. that's not the same thing as 'removing a cap on the amount of energies he can consume'.

Kutulu

It was an alternate timeline of universe 616. Galactus was eating time and space, eventually he would have consumed his way back to the 616 universe once enough time and space had been absorbed.

The only thing the Black Celestial did was change Galactus' hunger level, not his actual abilities, so that Galactus thought he was constantly hungry.

starlock
Dreaming Celestial for the win

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by janus77
the logic doesn't hold.
the fact that Galactus' hunger can be sated does not in any way affect Galactus' ability to continue absorbing energies.

as an example of why such a relationship between "hunger" and energy absorption is erroneous, look at Galactus' herald The Surfer. he doesn't suffer from "the hunger", yet he can and does absorb energy on stupendous scales.

there is no implied cut off point, merely no explicit compulsion acting upon Galactus, forcing him to constantly seek nourishment.

furthermore Galactus' hunger was only out of control because his mind was affected, he was made to feel hunger, to never feel sated. that's not the same thing as 'removing a cap on the amount of energies he can consume'.

In that alternate reality story, Galactus' makeup was altered so that he constantly hungered, therefore he constantly sought sustenance and threatened to eat that entire reality which is why he ultimately used the Ultimate Nullifier.

In 616 Galactus has stated himself to be fully powered or powered to capacity on a number of occassions. There are limits to the amount of energy he can absorb and it falls considerably short of eating a universe, therefore would it not be:

1) Foolish to use the alternate reality appearance as a representation of 616 Galactus' capabilities

2) Sensible to assume that when it states that Galactus' makeup was altered(NOT just his mind) that his capacity was increased from his 616 counterpart

confused

If you desire scans of Galactus consuming energy sources and talking of being fully fed, or fed to capacity then just ask and they will be provided. The only thing stopping me right now is sheer laziness.

Good day to you smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Kutulu
It was an alternate timeline of universe 616. Galactus was eating time and space, eventually he would have consumed his way back to the 616 universe once enough time and space had been absorbed.

The only thing the Black Celestial did was change Galactus' hunger level, not his actual abilities, so that Galactus thought he was constantly hungry.

See my response to Janus77.

616 Galactus has been fully fed and filled to capacity. 616 Galactus has a cap to the amount of energy he can absorb.

Hunger isnt just a mental state, its a mental state induced by a physical need for sustenance. The fact that this alternate reality Galactus could keep on eating constantly tells you that Galactus was altered beyond his 616 capacity.

I'm not doubting Galactus could destroy a universe. Of course he could, but only with time and if noone stood in his way which obviously wouldnt be the case as there are far more powerful beings around than him.

Xplosive
The biggest feat we've seen on panel from 616 Galactus is during the Annihilation series when he destroyed 3 solar systems in a single outburst of power.

I would use his fight with Tyrant to be a bigger feat of power (Thanos said they wrecked numerous of galaxies).
And what is Tiamut biggest feat?

I still say Galactus takes him out. Wasn't also said that FP Galactus is equal to Eternity. I think Galactus should have higher upper power level than Tiamut.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Xplosive
I would use his fight with Tyrant to be a bigger feat of power (Thanos said they wrecked numerous of galaxies).
And what is Tiamut biggest feat?

I still say Galactus takes him out. Wasn't also said that FP Galactus is equal to Eternity. I think Galactus should have higher upper power level than Tiamut.

But that was a prolonged fight which involved two characters of equal footing. In a single outburst Galactus destroyed 3 star systems, i'd say thats more impressive, but both are cool.

Celestials as a whole are by canon stated to be far above cube beings which canon tells us have the power to harm Galactus.

The godheads of Asgard and Olympus attacked the Celestials with the power of their pantheons backing them and not a single Celestial was scratched and the Dreaming Celestial is belived to be amongst the most powerful of them.

On top of that, you cant ignore the captioned fear Galactus felt on the Dreaming Celestials awakening. Why fear something you are decidely greater than? Does Galactus fear Thanos?

Galactus was also astounded that HOTI destroyed a Celestial and that says alot given how powerful HOTI is.

All in all its my opinion that the Dreaming Celestial would win.

GalacticStorm
Oh and the full power Galactus equals Eternity thing is speculation from Galactus fans.

Galactus has called himself fully fed after getting a recharge from Gravity, a minor cosmic. He has called himself full to capacity after consuming energies far short of an entire universe. erm

janus77
In that alternate reality story, Galactus' makeup was altered so that he constantly hungered, therefore he constantly sought sustenance and threatened to eat that entire reality which is why he ultimately used the Ultimate Nullifier.

In 616 Galactus has stated himself to be fully powered or powered to capacity on a number of occassions. There are limits to the amount of energy he can absorb and it falls considerably short of eating a universe, therefore would it not be:

1) Foolish to use the alternate reality appearance as a representation of 616 Galactus' capabilities

2) Sensible to assume that when it states that Galactus' makeup was altered(NOT just his mind) that his capacity was increased from his 616 counterpart

confused

If you desire scans of Galactus consuming energy sources and talking of being fully fed, or fed to capacity then just ask and they will be provided. The only thing stopping me right now is sheer laziness.

Good day to you smile
I was a bit curt because I was pressed for time, still am but, my point is that hunger (h) does not imply or affect absorption capacity (a).
a is independent of h, this was why I gave the example of Surfer, who absorbs energy all the time via PC but can also, and does also, siphon energy from opponents, suns, stars, supernovas ... just on whim.

unless there's some stated limit to Galactus' ability to absorb energy in 616 Universe, the default is to accept that he has none.

remember he has quite easily consumed energies from Mephisto's realm, when not hungry.

Galactus only consumes enough energies to keep himself going and not feel hungry, that's all. he does not usually consume energies for fun, thus once sated, he abstains from feeding. it is not because he somehow cannot consume more energies.

just as a challenge, can you find an instance of Galactus complaining that he is stuffed/overfed?

I doubt it.

anyway, to sum up H does not imply a limit to A, the only thing H does is give Galactus a reason to consume (A), bearing in mind his general disinclination to consume.

GalacticStorm
I was a bit curt because I was pressed for time, still am but, my point is that hunger (h) does not imply or affect absorption capacity (a).
a is independent of h, this was why I gave the example of Surfer, who absorbs energy all the time via PC but can also, and does also, siphon energy from opponents, suns, stars, supernovas ... just on whim.

unless there's some stated limit to Galactus' ability to absorb energy in 616 Universe, the default is to accept that he has none.

remember he has quite easily consumed energies from Mephisto's realm, when not hungry.

Galactus only consumes enough energies to keep himself going and not feel hungry, that's all. he does not usually consume energies for fun, thus once sated, he abstains from feeding. it is not because he somehow cannot consume more energies.

just as a challenge, can you find an instance of Galactus complaining that he is stuffed/overfed?

I doubt it.

anyway, to sum up H does not imply a limit to A, the only thing H does is give Galactus a reason to consume (A), bearing in mind his general disinclination to consume.

You dont seem to have taken my last post into account. Youve just followed directly on from your last post as if i hadn't replied.

Galactus has stated on more than one occassion to be fully fed or to have absorbed energy to his capacity and on both occassions the energy absorbed fell far short of a universe.

To have reached his capacity means that 616 Galactus has a limit to the amount of energy he can absorb. The fact that the alternate reality Galactus could carry on absorbing energy whilst our Galactus by his own admission has a cap, indicates that the Dreaming Celestials tamperings altered Galactus' capacity for energy absorption. That point cannot be denied. sad

Mr Master

616 Galactus has been fully fed and filled to capacity.
616 Galactus has a cap to the amount of energy he can absorb.
laughing Where has this EVER been stated or depicted?

Mr Master

I doubt it.

thumb up yes

Mr Master

thumb up

Also, Galactus was going to absorb the entire Omniverse.

Utrigita
But that was a prolonged fight which involved two characters of equal footing. In a single outburst Galactus destroyed 3 star systems, i'd say thats more impressive, but both are cool.

Celestials as a whole are by canon stated to be far above cube beings which canon tells us have the power to harm Galactus.

The godheads of Asgard and Olympus attacked the Celestials with the power of their pantheons backing them and not a single Celestial was scratched and the Dreaming Celestial is belived to be amongst the most powerful of them.

On top of that, you cant ignore the captioned fear Galactus felt on the Dreaming Celestials awakening. Why fear something you are decidely greater than? Does Galactus fear Thanos?

Galactus was also astounded that HOTI destroyed a Celestial and that says alot given how powerful HOTI is.

All in all its my opinion that the Dreaming Celestial would win.

I would say him teleporting a galaxy is more impressive ore him going to devour a entire pocket dimension is a greater show of power but that's probably just me.

When have a Cube Being hurt Galatus?

Incorrect it was the entire asgardian Race, minus thor, in the destroyer that attacking the fourth Host, Zeus and the rest of his Pantheon wasn't involved in the battle against the host, on the other occasion it was Odin Vishnu and Zeus and nowhere did it state that they where backed by there entire pantheon they produced enough energy to blast a planet out of orbit not a impressive show of power.

If I remember Correct Galactus wasn't afraid when Tiamut awoked neither did he Fear Beyonder, but he fears Tiamut when he have encountered beings vastly more powerful without showing any signs of fear towards the encounter.

Actually it killed the Celestial not just destoyed it which has happened on at least two occasions (both times exitar) Killing has to my knowlegde happend twice, Thanos W/HOTU and in a alternate reality where Earth Population forms into a something resembling the uni-mind and kills Arishem.

guy222
Originally posted by Rorschach
You sure about that, guy? mhmm

yes

guy222
You do realise Galactus consuming Tiamut occurred in an alternate reality. It wasnt 616 Galactus or the 616 Black Celestial:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/timebubblegalactus.htm

On top of that that alternate reality Galactus only became such a threat to that alternate reality because the Dreaming/Black Celestial altered his makeup and restored him after that Galactus died.

It wasnt naturally within that Galactus' abilities. So it would be flawed logic to use that instance to prove anything about 616 Galactus' capabilities.

Dreaming Celestial FTW.

Of course I do, my friend

Tiamut does win. We also agree on that

guy222
I would say him teleporting a galaxy is more impressive ore him going to devour a entire pocket dimension is a greater show of power but that's probably just me.

When have a Cube Being hurt Galatus?

Incorrect it was the entire asgardian Race, minus thor, in the destroyer that attacking the fourth Host, Zeus and the rest of his Pantheon wasn't involved in the battle against the host, on the other occasion it was Odin Vishnu and Zeus and nowhere did it state that they where backed by there entire pantheon they produced enough energy to blast a planet out of orbit not a impressive show of power.

If I remember Correct Galactus wasn't afraid when Tiamut awoked neither did he Fear Beyonder, but he fears Tiamut when he have encountered beings vastly more powerful without showing any signs of fear towards the encounter.

Actually it killed the Celestial not just destoyed it which has happened on at least two occasions (both times exitar) Killing has to my knowlegde happend twice, Thanos W/HOTU and in a alternate reality where Earth Population forms into a something resembling the uni-mind and kills Arishem.

My friend always makes good points

Arishem was 'killed' in What If

No shame in fearing the Baddest Celestial(Earth-616) Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial

Mr Master
........................................................................................................

That future-self of Galactus 616 in the Black Celestial arc,
was an OMNIVERSAL threat,
not just a threat in fact,
indeed,
Galactus was beginning the process of absorbing the Omniverse entire:

........................................................................................................

These scans are from Avengers v1. #296 - 297

The beginning of the whole Black Celestial drama.

Where Galactus was being prepped to begin absorbing the ENTIRE OMNIVERSE,

and the EDITOR of this arc was MARK GRUENWALD ...

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8987/biggomni1iq6.th.jpg

"Celestial renegade (Taimut) constructed a weapon (Galactus)
mighty enough to threaten the ENTIRE Space-Time structure of the OMNIVERSE"

Nebula had control of some avengers and was planning on taking Galactus' power:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1222/biggomni2dt6.th.jpg

"I have learned about the great weapon (Galactus) in Time"

MAKE NO MISTAKE!

The weapon is Galactus! (FF#341)

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3127/9te0.th.jpg

"Galactus Himself is the WEAPON"

A mini artistic depiction of the actual OMNIVERSE:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/239/biggomni4vw9.th.jpg

"Suffice to say that the weapon is Supreme (Galactus)
the OMNIVERSE is vast beyond imagining"

(Notice at the bottom of the scan, who the EDITOR is) smile

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1489/biggomni6zc9.th.jpg

"The greatest weapon (Galactus) in the OMNIVERSE is nearly mine"

Is MARK GRUENWALD (the Editor) allowing hyperbole? ermmno

This (FF#337-341) is from the actual continuation of the arc above:

Galactus was in the process of absorbing "ALL EXISTENCE"

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5524/11ms5.th.jpg

"Galactus who's busy wolfin' (eating) down ALL of TIME and SPACE"

............................................................................................

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/8093/10qt9.th.jpg

"The time will come soon when ALL the Energy in the UNIVERSE,
through out it's HISTORY will NOT be SUFFICIENT to feed him"

The History of the Marvel Universe ... as in the expanded OMNIVERSE!!!

Galactus was in the process of absorbing "ALL EXISTENCE" (Omniverse)

Confirmed by the Guardians of the Galaxy in yet another separate arc:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5047/20396565ii7.th.jpg

RESPECT Galactus yall! (evidently a potential Omniversal power)

guy222
Great scans, good friend

Gaiman's run on the Eternals badass

janus77
You dont seem to have taken my last post into account. Youve just followed directly on from your last post as if i hadn't replied.

Galactus has stated on more than one occassion to be fully fed or to have absorbed energy to his capacity and on both occassions the energy absorbed fell far short of a universe.

To have reached his capacity means that 616 Galactus has a limit to the amount of energy he can absorb. The fact that the alternate reality Galactus could carry on absorbing energy whilst our Galactus by his own admission has a cap, indicates that the Dreaming Celestials tamperings altered Galactus' capacity for energy absorption. That point cannot be denied. sad
if indeed he was filled to capacity then I concede I am wrong but I would like to see a scan or two to confirm it because this seems wrong to every understanding of 616 Galactus that I have so far seen communicated in comics. he is supposed to snuff out the universe eventually, is he not?

if on the other hand Galactus is merely saying that he is fully fed/sated, that is a different matter as it is not so much a 'physiological' limit as it is a statement of psychological satisfaction.
that is also why I read the alternate Galactus as being driven hungry via tampering to his mental state, rather than somehow increasing his physiology to allow for greater energy intake.

thanks for not getting irked by the tone of my previous posts, as I said I was pressed for time and sought to just clarify the substance of my argument smile.

Mr Master

if indeed he was filled to capacity then I concede I am wrong
That's a complete fallacy, so you don't have to concede to anyone.

but I would like to see a scan or two to confirm it
because this seems wrong to every understanding of 616 Galactus that I have so far seen communicated in comics. he is supposed to snuff out the universe eventually, is he not?
It's not just wrong, it's plain bullshit to demean Galactus.

616 Galactus was stated to encompass an entire Cosmos by a would be herald of his,
proven,
when an alternate Galactus cracked open his chest and an entire Universe spilt out.

Alternate G < 616 G

But better yet,
On Panel when Galactus returned to his natural state (that of a Star)
he was revealed to contain INFINITE Energy:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3013/g4xj1.th.jpg

"The TRUE FORM of Galactus is revealed at last"

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9477/g5no4.th.jpg

"A NEW STAR is BORN" .....................
"Reed, what happened"?

"Galactus has been CONVERTED to ENERGY ...

Energy that will Radiate For EVER Outward" (INFINITE)

if on the other hand Galactus is merely saying that he is fully fed/sated, that is a different matter as it is not so much a 'physiological' limit as it is a statement of psychological satisfaction.
that is also why I read the alternate Galactus as being driven hungry via tampering to his mental state, rather than somehow increasing his physiology to allow for greater energy intake.
thumb up

Tenebrous
Oh and the full power Galactus equals Eternity thing is speculation from Galactus fans.

Galactus has called himself fully fed after getting a recharge from Gravity, a minor cosmic. He has called himself full to capacity after consuming energies far short of an entire universe. erm

if indeed he was filled to capacity then I concede I am wrong but I would like to see a scan or two to confirm it because this seems wrong to every understanding of 616 Galactus that I have so far seen communicated in comics. he is supposed to snuff out the universe eventually, is he not?

thanks for not getting irked by the tone of my previous posts, as I said I was pressed for time and sought to just clarify the substance of my argument smile.

i'll post the scans galactic storm is talking about, janus. Context is required in this discussion, just like i provided in the thanos scans in my earlier post.

The Elder's of the Universe plan to destroy Galacuts using six planets and a sun. How is this going to destroy Galactus?
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3392/silversurfer198800914yt7.th.jpg

By using all 6 Infinity Gems in conjunction with each other. Note that they use the 6 gems to use the 6 planets as conduits:
"The six worlds RESONATE with the power of the gems, RECLAIMING the energies you absorb from their SISTERS"
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8513/silversurfer198800915ti4.th.jpg
i.e., the Elders use the 6 gems to steal all the energy consumed from all the planets (meaning, all the planets are the "sister" planets of the six planets the elders are using in the scan) that Galactus had in him at that time. So, to be clear, the elders used the 6 infinity gems to DRAIN Galactus of ALL the energies he had in him already at that time.

Elders again state that they are draining the very life force of Galactus from him. The energy they are draining is beginning to revitalize the six dead worlds
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4777/silversurfer198800916gz1.th.jpg

Nova flies into the sun, causing it to go nova and create a black hole in its stead. The elders lose hold of the infinity gems, temporarily breaking off the device siphoning energies from Galactus, and Galactus is now weak.
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/348/silversurfer198800919fd3.th.jpg

Finally, the scan that shows him stating he is filled to capacity: the energy surges..more potent than BEFORE
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7158/silversurfer198800920ms7.th.jpg

Now, let's be clear on this. If you take away all the dialogue boxes, and look only at the art, what you see is six planets fire a beam at big G, making him weak. Suddenly a black hole appears, the beam turns off, and Galactus is seemingly revitalized, from the six planets alone.

Add in the dialogue from the story, and this is what happens.

1. The Elders are using the 6 infinity gems, one per planet, one per elder, to siphon energies that Galactus already had in him.

2. The more energies the infinity gems siphon off, the weaker Galactus is getting. The energies that are being transferred from Galactus to the six planets is beginning to turn them from dead worlds to lush planets. Nova panics, and SS tells her to fly into the sun, thereby creating a black hole.

3. Black hole causes the gems to slip from the grasp of the elders, disrupting the process. Galactus reverses the controls, and all the energies that had been stolen from him are now given back.

So it's not 6 planets that feed him to capacity. It's 6 Infinity Gems used to siphon all the energy out from Galactus, and the energy is just *stored* in the 6 planets.

Why does it show just 6 planets? Why not 2,000,000 planets? Why not 0.0005 planets?

Because there are 6 Infinity Gems. That's why there's 6 planets, not because it takes 6 planets for G to get full, let's be clear on that. The Infinity Gems are what makes the whole plan of the Elders work...the 6 planets are nothing more than a storage bucket that can manipulated at whim by powers granted to each gem. G is simply getting back energies that are taken from him, NOT eating 6 planets to get to full capacity.

And as for Gravity and Galactus saying he's at full power....I have three words: Black Panther hammerlock

....not to mention mcduffie also had Uatu state, on-panel, in the same story-arc, that the Ultimate Nullifier belonged to him (i.e., Uatu).

leonidas

i don't think anyone -- least of all me -- is demeaning galactus by saying the DC beats him. the fact is that a cube being (itself capable of altering reality on a universal scale) has claimed the celestials are far beyond him. g has never done anything close to universal reality manip in 616. arishem casually cut off 3 skyfathers from their realms.

again, using the typical galactus we see in books, i give this to the DC. would i be surprised if galactus defeated a celestial in straight combat in a book. not really, but based on what i've seen of both, i still gotta say the celestial takes it.

Tenebrous
the logic doesn't hold.

See my response to Janus77.

616 Galactus has been fully fed and filled to capacity. 616 Galactus has a cap to the amount of energy he can absorb.

Hunger isnt just a mental state, its a mental state induced by a physical need for sustenance. The fact that this alternate reality Galactus could keep on eating constantly tells you that Galactus was altered beyond his 616 capacity.

I'm not doubting Galactus could destroy a universe. Of course he could, but only with time and if noone stood in his way which obviously wouldnt be the case as there are far more powerful beings around than him.

I noticed that janus is arguing for a more psychological application of Galactus' hunger, as opposed to physical and biological, which is what galactic storm argues. Well argued.

But Janus has the better grasp of how it works. Look at the scan I post below. Full page scan for clarity...I won't paraphrase it so just read what Thanos says in the scans...this is the latest word on Galactus, the Power Cosmic, and Galactus' hunger, and the most in-depth look at all three we've ever seen, all on one page (goes to show how much writers have really tried to explain big G).

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2264/annihilation3011hr7.jpg

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1866/annihilation3012cw8.th.jpg

In short...Galactus will continue to feed, even though his physical body decays....hunger and Galactus' physical form are not entwined..it's mroe akin to his soul.

janus77
thanks for that scan Tenebreous smile, that's how I thought Galactus 'worked'.
i don't think anyone -- least of all me -- is demeaning galactus by saying the DC beats him. the fact is that a cube being (itself capable of altering reality on a universal scale) has claimed the celestials are far beyond him. g has never done anything close to universal reality manip in 616. arishem casually cut off 3 skyfathers from their realms.

again, using the typical galactus we see in books, i give this to the DC. would i be surprised if galactus defeated a celestial in straight combat in a book. not really, but based on what i've seen of both, i still gotta say the celestial takes it.
I wasn't accusing you of saying nor implying anything demeaning, was just trying to get at the mechanisms you thought were in operation, wrt Galactus' energy absorption.

leonidas
thanks for that scan Tenebreous smile, that's how I thought Galactus 'worked'.

I wasn't accusing you of saying nor implying anything demeaning, was just trying to get at the mechanisms you thought were in operation, wrt Galactus' energy absorption.

i'm not actually sure about the mechanism behind his hunger. i'd agree with you that there is no reason to believe that he can reach a 'max limit'. i'd say, under normal circumstances, that when he was satiated he'd stop, but i'd agree that there is a chance he could still absorb energy even in a 'satisified' state. without ever seeing him at max, it's hard to be sure though. what is the most he has ever absorbed at one time? before doom interrupted, he was about to devour a star in secret wars (or did he?) and he was going to devour his worldship (or did he??) can't recall more than that, but he didn't APPEAR to be maxxed out. could he absorb the universe under his own power? that's a much bigger question. erm

Tenebrous
i'm not actually sure about the mechanism behind his hunger. i'd agree with you that there is no reason to believe that he can reach a 'max limit'. i'd say, under normal circumstances, that when he was satiated he'd stop, but i'd agree that there is a chance he could still absorb energy even in a 'satisified' state. without ever seeing him at max, it's hard to be sure though. what is the most he has ever absorbed at one time? before doom interrupted, he was about to devour a star in secret wars (or did he?) and he was going to devour his worldship (or did he??) can't recall more than that, but he didn't APPEAR to be maxxed out. could he absorb the universe under his own power? that's a much bigger question. erm

the most he ever absorbed at one time is still the black celestial arc...now aside from the fact that everyone has already stated it's alternate future of 616, and has been referenced in OHOTMU as canon incident....the simple fact is that if it were not canon,

then why the hell would galactus "remember what it is to be afraid" when tiamut wakes up in eternals, if that wasn't 616 Galactus recalling what happened with himself and Tiamut?

So therefore we can comfortably reference Black Celestial arc as canon and ultimately the most he's ever fed...

...as for feeding one time, he failed to do any of that in secret wars because doom usurped his powers just as Galactus was beginning to absorb Taa II.

As per Taa II....Reed stated on panel that he thought Taa II is "the single greatest source of energy in the entire universe" obviously that's not true in an absolute sense...but the context I read it to be is that it's the single greatest source of energy created/manufactured by pure science alone....not magic or trans-dimensional entities or whatever

leonidas
except . . . galactus was NOT normal galactus, he was 'altered' galactus, and altered by the very celestial in question. so at best all you can do is SPECULATE that normal galactus could do the same thing. didn't galactus START absorbing the sun but doom grabbed the energy first?

anyway, it would take a galactus more powerful than any we've ever seen in 616 to beat the DC, imo. again -- COULD he achieve that level of power? maybe. but without evidence of it, all i can do is go on what i've seen, and from what i've seen, DC wins. and he may well have been afraid because he recalled the battle between the DC and the celestials in the past. that is exactly what i'd assumed he was referencing in the first place. or perhaps he simply sensed DC's power, and knew what he was capable of.

Tenebrous
except . . . galactus was NOT normal galactus, he was 'altered' galactus, and altered by the very celestial in question. so at best all you can do is SPECULATE that normal galactus could do the same thing. didn't galactus START absorbing the sun but doom grabbed the energy first?

anyway, it would take a galactus more powerful than any we've ever seen in 616 to beat the DC, imo. again -- COULD he achieve that level of power? maybe. but without evidence of it, all i can do is go on what i've seen, and from what i've seen, DC wins. and he may well have been afraid because he recalled the battle between the DC and the celestials in the past. that is exactly what i'd assumed he was referencing in the first place. or perhaps he simply sensed DC's power, and knew what he was capable of.

No IIRC doom stepped into the path of the "absorbtion beam" before it went to G. After Doom absorbed it...he said every molecule obeyed his whim, and he was aware of every molecule. I don't have the scans on this computer but you can look them up if you want. Doom's description of what happened to him, is somewhat of an indicator of what G's powers would be if he absorbed Taa II. G was going to eat the sun after Taa II, IIRC.

Well, I've already stated the two factors that limit Galactus from replicating the same feat as what happened in black celestial arc:

1. his hunger adjusts as the story sees fit (he escaped from his supposedly "perpetual" battle with hyperstorm, who was supposed to sate G's hunger for all time with unlimited access to hyperspace, which I'll bring up again later)

2. He's incapable of destroying the universe of his own will. That's never been his character, so we'll never see it. Galactus does what is necessary, nothing more....there's really no way anyone can dismiss this point as being irrelevant...that's the way the character is written. Give Galactus Thanos' temperament...and Marvel ends before Infinity Gauntlet even gets underway.

As for G and Tiamut....I really see no other reference aside from their encounter. It's really, really, really stretching into conjecture and speculation to say G recalled the battle...cause I don't remember Galactus being mentioned at all when Tiamut lost to the 2nd host. Likewise...if Galactus is shown when Tiamut wakes up, the first correlation all readers would have in their minds is Galactus in the black celestial arc. The Watcher is actually the one who plays the part of the cosmic character who actually "sensed" Tiamut's power and acknowledges him...why would Galactus duplicate the same role in the comic book that the watcher has? IIRC the first cosmic character who shows a reaction in that eternals issue is the Watcher, who looks away because he can't bare to look, and then Galactus, who is shown to "REMEMBER" what it is to be "afraid." Remember=previous encounter. Previous encounter=Black Celestial arc. So it's been referred to on-panel.

Now, in regards to what Galactus can do against Tiamut:

In my post in the Galactus vs. Exitar thread, I showed the scans of Sue Storm KILLING Exitar via manipulation of hyperspace (the only reason why sue was even able to do anything to Exitar is because, stated on panel, Celestials have hyperspace in them. Sue simply manipulated hyperspace and obliterated Exitar from within). Galactus was abusing Hyperstorm like a fat boy with a stack of doritos, absorbing his hyperspace energy. Obviously, Hyperstorm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>his grandmother in hyperspace manipulation/control. I also showed scans of 616-sue trying the same exact attack on an alternate-earth galactus (616-Galactus>all alternate earth Galacti) and it failed miserably. Bottom line, Galactus isn't susceptible to hyperspace. Celestials, and Tiamut, are. Galactus was locked with hyperstorm in a battle that was supposed to last for eternity, with G being perpetually fed by Hyperstorm's unlimited access to hyperspace. G has returned, Hyperstorm is still missing.

So again the point I bring up all the time...what is to stop Galactus from turning Tiamut into a battery, feeding on him for a second straight-time?

Secondly, you mention G doesn't have the feats to beat Tiamut....same coin, what has Tiamut done to even warrant G's attention?

Tiamut has almost zero feats against other cosmics...Galactus has tons...how can you assume DC wins when he's never displayed any high-end feats?

guy222
The only thing on panel is the time when Galactus was 'consuming' Tiamut. 500,000 yrs later, Galactus was afraid when Tiamut awoke

Its all we can go by between the two

Tiamut appears he can't die. 2nd Celestial Host used 'The Weapon'. 12 'Eyes' made him aware of his crime. U and I know after reading Gaiman's run(Eternals 1-7), Tiamut was goin to destroy the Earth. He also took a liking to Tony Stark

When the new Eternals series comes out in June(Early plug), we should see more of Tiamut's powers

leonidas
No IIRC doom stepped into the path of the "absorbtion beam" before it went to G. After Doom absorbed it...he said every molecule obeyed his whim, and he was aware of every molecule. I don't have the scans on this computer but you can look them up if you want. Doom's description of what happened to him, is somewhat of an indicator of what G's powers would be if he absorbed Taa II. G was going to eat the sun after Taa II, IIRC.

that's what i said. g started absorbing then doom interrupted. and he did seem powerful, but powerful enough? maybe, maybe not.

you can't use CIS/PIS to justify your stance though.

you're almost right. remember=previous encounter WITH FEAR, not necessarily with the celestial. there's a difference. and it seems to me he is doing the exact same thing uatu is -- recalling back to a time when teh DC roamed the universe. given what the DC did to him, i'd have expected anger if he recalled the ff arc, not fear.

sue never killed exitar. it amounted to bfr. and perhaps g could affect him with some form of hyperspace energy attack. i've never seen him do that, but perhaps. or perhaps DC could simply shield himself then blast g or drain HIM.

the fact that kubik acknowledges the celestials as WELL beyond him. the fact that 3 skyfathers attacks never even bothered a celestial less powerful than DC. overall, celestials have been more impressive imo. g has far too many low-end feats which i won't bother to bring up cuz you'll say they were PIS or a low-level g. all that goes into my considerations though. you want me to give g this battle based on a speculative version of the character. based on what i have SEEN and READ of both, DC gets the nod in this match.

Mr Master

except . . . galactus was NOT normal galactus, he was 'altered' galactus,
and altered by the very celestial in question.
But Galactus' power wasn't altered Leo,
it was his satiated state only.

So the capabilities of absorption were all Galactus',
it's that side of Galactus we seldom see,
cause otherwise Galactus has no purpose in eating Universes or altering them,
which is also why we never see Galactus doing that.

Galactus' interest are in favor of the Universe,
after all, the Universe is his father, as the Universe's existence depends on Galactus,
this is why normal 616 Galactus isn't going to be manipulating Universes,
or destroying them, or especially creating them, it's not his job,
in fact, to the contrary, his purpose is to keep universal consonance.

Just sayin good friend.

Tenebrous
that's what i said. g started absorbing then doom interrupted. and he did seem powerful, but powerful enough? maybe, maybe not. Powerful enough to best 3 skyfathers effortlessly...I would argue such...

My stance is why he'll never replicate the feat under his own powers...which is to say that does *not* mean he can't do it on his own. If his *actual powers* were being manipulated (i.e., high evolutionary comes along and gives Storm the ability to create super novas and black holes=augmentation of power) then G can not replicate the feat

Why would he do the same thing Uatu is doing? That's Uatu's job. Anyway everything is moot because I just recalled that the exact panel goes something like this:

"After 500,000 years, he had thought the matter over and done with. And Galactus remembers what it is like to be afraid"

I don't have the scans...Guy has the scans though. I'm paraphrasing but i'm 200% sure that the whole panel is referencing the black-celestial arc, because it was exactly 500,000 years into the future. So yes, finally, the whole event is canon. but anyway

She killed Exitar. He was reformed, but not immediately. I don't think he reformed for the rest of the comic, if I recall correctly.

No on the contrary, this was never "Full-Powered" Galactus vs. Tiamut. What Kubik says is tantamount to Galactus stating on-panel that Aegis and Tenebrous, members of the Proemial Gods, were "much, much worse" than the Beyonder (the Maker). Commonality is that all three were broken from the prison of the Kyln, and out of all three Galactus was worried about Tenebrous and Aegis...not the Beyonder. In fact, Thanos had originally gone to the Kyln to ally himself with the Beyonder against Galactus, but having found her dead, he discovered Aegis and Tenebrous there instead.

And yeah, you're right...I will bring up those low showings as PIS or hungry G, because that's entirely accurate. On the other side of the coin...what's PIS for the celestials? They come and experiment on sentient beings ever several millennia, and ultimately pass judgement over the sentient race. Galactus consumes worlds...there's a huge disparity in reasons to see the "villain" (i.e., G and the celestials) defeated...one case means the end of one's planet as they know it, another one is genetic tampering and manipulation of one's race as they know it. What I'm saying is, in the interest of stories in comics, there's a lot more incentive to see Earth live another day and drive G off by a group of four people, and there's a lot more incentive to let the Celestials not have low showings so they can continue with their experiments, which is why we can enjoy characters like the X-Men today.

You mentioned 3 skyfathers....how would Tiamut fare against In-Betweener, a true cosmic entity? Full-powered Tyrant, whose de-powered state overwhelmed a prepped Thanos, such that he (Thanos) had to steal one of Tyrant's orbs? Same Thanos who fought Odin to a near-standstill? I admit G has more low-showings, but again I've got to stress Tiamut has never fought cosmic entities on his own...it's just conjecture, as much as the "theoretical full-powered Galactus."

Finally, if Tiamut is so powerful......

....why did he have to use Galactus to exert his revenge on the rest of the Celestials? Why didn't he use his own power?

leonidas
Originally posted by Mr Master
But Galactus' power wasn't altered Leo,
it was his satiated state only.

So the capabilities of absorption were all Galactus',
it's that side of Galactus we seldom see,
cause otherwise Galactus has no purpose in eating Universes or altering them,
which is also why we never see Galactus doing that.

Galactus' interest are in favor of the Universe,
after all, the Universe is his father, as the Universe's existence depends on Galactus,
this is why normal 616 Galactus isn't going to be manipulating Universes,
or destroying them, or especially creating them, it's not his job,
in fact, to the contrary, his purpose is to keep universal consonance.

Just sayin good friend.

i hear you, and i've acknowledged that normal galactus MAY be able to do what the altered galactus could do. from what i've seen of galactus, he would never willingly consume the amount of energy it would require to match the DC. COULD he? maybe. i've never seen him do it, of his own volition. and supposing for a moment that he WAS capable, why on earth would the DC let him ever GET to that point? it's not like g just walks up to cosmic entities and sucks their energy. and it's not like the DC would sity idly by and WATCH him consume energy to match him.

had the stip in the match been full-power g (whatever THAT is) then . . . i'd have styed out of the thread. smile i presume this is standard galactus. every case i've heard FOR him implies he needs to amp to get to DC's level -- no reason DC would LET him amp. tenebrous has a decent case with a hyperspace attack, but it seems the DC could counter that given its level of power and its supposed 'unkillability'. a whole HOST couldn't do more than put him to sleep. erm

we've seen celestials attacks billions of times/sec against the beyonder on many levels of reality simultaneously. a universal reality warper says celestials are well beyond him (if it was as easy as a hyperspace attack, i'd think kubik wouldn't be so impressed by them . . .) when g failed against the goblin force the celestials stopped it (though they had the numbers, but still, that speaks to a measure of hierarchy to me). their feats are superior to standard galactus and without special stips or a chance to amp, i simply cannot see g winning this i'm afraid.

psycho gundam
offhand i remember "the weapon" was a vial that soaked up the essence of tiamut and was stored in the "pyramid of ancient winters" which is watched over by the polarian eternals.

and the way in to the pyramid is on ikaris's chest.

galan only has to make a herald run an errand for him to olympia and "coerce" ikaris to comply.

Mr Master

i hear you, and i've acknowledged that normal galactus MAY be able to do what the altered galactus could do. from what i've seen of galactus, he would never willingly consume the amount of energy it would require to match the DC. COULD he? maybe. i've never seen him do it, of his own volition. and supposing for a moment that he WAS capable, why on earth would the DC let him ever GET to that point? it's not like g just walks up to cosmic entities and sucks their energy. and it's not like the DC would sity idly by and WATCH him consume energy to match him.

had the stip in the match been full-power g (whatever THAT is) then . . . i'd have styed out of the thread. i presume this is standard galactus. every case i've heard FOR him implies he needs to amp to get to DC's level -- no reason DC would LET him amp.
Makes sense, but at the same time remember Galactus didn't reach a point,
he was simply devouring space and time uncontrollably,
he never even passed that alternate universe (though that outcome was definite)
the Black Celestial was absorbed likewise,
and it didn't take Galactus absorbing the entire Universe,
to reach the point where he could absorb Taimut.
so imo, he can absorb Taimut again from the get,
assuming he can kick in that mad feeding frenzy at will.

tenebrous has a decent case with a hyperspace attack, but it seems the DC could counter that given its level of power and its supposed 'unkillability'. a whole HOST couldn't do more than put him to sleep.
That's a technical debate and requires more thought.

we've seen celestials attacks billions of times/sec against the beyonder on many levels of reality simultaneously.
a universal reality warper says celestials are well beyond him
(if it was as easy as a hyperspace attack, i'd think kubik wouldn't be so impressed by them . . .)
True, but we've never seen Celestials manipulate universes either,
yet we know they are above universal warpers.

Same could be said about truly written normal Galactus,
especially when we see 616 Galactus,
with the authority to erase universal concepts like the PF.

when g failed against the goblin force the celestials stopped it (though they had the numbers, but still, that speaks to a measure of hierarchy to me).
Yea but at the expense of the devastation of their entire race.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1849/gq2uj9.th.jpg

I think it's interesting how Uatu says,

"Even mighty Galactus fell"

guy222
http://i119.imagethrust.com/t/830323/eternals006011.jpg http://i118.imagethrust.com/t/830324/eternals006012.jpg

We have yet to see Celestials used their full power

id369
The Celestial Host could not find a way to kill Tiamut. What will Galactus do that a handful of Celestials failed to do?

Pull out the ultimate nullifier?

Enter a slug fest, and duke it out like he did with Tenebrous?

IMO Celestials have the best consistent track record out off all the marvel cosmic characters. Possibly any marvel character.

Edit - I really hope, marvel decides to pick up on Proemial Gods. They seem just as interesting as the Celestials.

psycho gundam
the second host as a collective could not defeat the "greatest of them all"
and galactus is arguably weaker than the celestials. he has to use tools that work against him, and there is only one

Tenebrous
the second host as a collective could not defeat the "greatest of them all"
and galactus is arguably weaker than the celestials. he has to use tools that work against him, and there is only one

They defeated him. What you mean to say is, they didn't kill him. They buried him under the mountain and Tiamut had all that time to realize he didn't have the power to overcome the hosts...so he needed a way of revenge. Only after the Deviants came and started worshiping him and providing him the means to get out of his prison did he put his plan in action.

And to get revenge, Tiamut used Galactus.

2nd host>>Tiamut. Tiamut with external source of power (Galactus)>2nd host

Originally posted by id369
The Celestial Host could not find a way to kill Tiamut. What will Galactus do that a handful of Celestials failed to do?

IMO Celestials have the best consistent track record out off all the marvel cosmic characters. Possibly any marvel character.

Edit - I really hope, marvel decides to pick up on Proemial Gods. They seem just as interesting as the Celestials.

From the scans of the battle between Tiamut and the 2nd host...that's pretty much what they had, a slugfest until the "Weapon" was pulled out.

The Proemial Gods are all dead...it would be interesting to see their internal civil war but we already know the end result. Galactus kills their leader and imprisons the remaining three of them in the kyln by uknown means.

Tenebrous
Makes sense, but at the same time remember Galactus didn't reach a point,
he was simply devouring space and time uncontrollably,
he never even passed that alternate universe (though that outcome was definite)
the Black Celestial was absorbed likewise,
and it didn't take Galactus absorbing the entire Universe,
to reach the point where he could absorb Taimut.
so imo, he can absorb Taimut again from the get,

That's a technical debate and requires more thought.

True, but we've never seen Celestials manipulate universes either,
yet we know they are above universal warpers.

Same could be said about truly written normal Galactus,
especially when we see 616 Galactus,
with the authority to erase universal concepts like the PF.

Yea but at the expense of the devastation of their entire race.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1849/gq2uj9.th.jpg

I think it's interesting how Uatu says,

"Even mighty Galactus fell"

Isn't that scan from an alternate earth/alternate G/alternate host

Tenebrous
http://i119.imagethrust.com/t/830323/eternals006011.jpg http://i118.imagethrust.com/t/830324/eternals006012.jpg

We have yet to see Celestials used their full power

Yep those're the scans i'm talkin about

Trust Guy

leonidas

that's abig assumption, imo, and given your penchant for on-panel proof, i'm a little surprised you'd take that stance. do you think he could activate that level of power-absorption against ANYONE? if you believe he was going to absorb the omniverse then conceiveably he can defeat ANY cosmic, no?

fair enough. i'd also think that if he were such a threat, they would work as a race to destroy him, but perhaps even altogether they lack the power?

true, but g needed equipment/tech and apparently some prep to try and erase the PF in that excalibur arc. AND phoenix didn't fight him, she acceded to his wishes.

that's true, which is why i didn't bring it up earlier. erm

i stand my original thought. g is potentially capable of defeating DC, but he'd need amping. standard g loses imo.

Utrigita
Originally posted by id369

A celestial have been killed two times in all of marvel history. To think that Galactus could duplicate that feat is imo unlikely seeing as one of the incidents in question was the Heart of the Universe however destroying the Physical form of the Celestials, there shell, have happened a couple of times, (Sue doing it Thor doing it)

Utrigita
Also when entering the hole discussion on the Black Celestial act I think it's important to remember that Tiamut managed to manipulate Galactus while he was only severely weakend (I believe It was during the Time where Reed where trying to save him) only at that point of time and because galactus was present on Earth was the DC capable of tampering with his mind.

Utrigita

I believe it was reality 1298 Tenebrous

ultimatethor
Id give it to galctus. I was under the impression that Tiamut needed galactuses powers to destroy the universe/ celestials. Also with his continuous reference to galctus as the greatest weapon( which should mean greater dn himself) i would think that he knew galctus was capable of doing something he could not do. He however had to alter galactus mentality ( his hunger) in order for him to become insatiable.
However IMO him calling galctus the greatest weapon describe his view of galctus power. Big G for d win

guy222
But why was Big G afraid when Tiamut awoke 500,000 yrs later

For my friend for life, Utrigita

Thor did manage to crack Exitar's dome. Exitar still carried out his mission. Thor was spared because he was 'part' of the good that resided in Pangoria

Galan007
Where's it say that the Black Celestial, and Tiamut are one in the same?

I can't recall that right off hand, so if someone can show me, it would be most appreciated. smile

Utrigita
But why was Big G afraid when Tiamut awoke 500,000 yrs later

For my friend for life, Utrigita

Thor did manage to crack Exitar's dome. Exitar still carried out his mission. Thor was spared because he was 'part' of the good that resided in Pangoria

Imo it is because that Galactus for some reason they what happened during the Black Celestial Act, Galactus is maybe fearing that it would happen again him becoming a "tool" for another being which when it has occured have maked Galactus rather angry and as said before Galactus has faced far more powerful beings then Tiamut without fear but he fears Tiamut, that doesn't make sens to me.

You are mine too Guy big grin

Yes he did with something that resembles a planetdestroying attack, Beta Ray Bill Thor equal in strength used a combined Fly and Hit against Galactus (in previous series Beta had destroyed Planets with both a hit and by flying into them) he combines it and it makes only a small crack in the armor of Galactus says something about Galactus durability in comparison to one of the greatest celestial.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Galan007

I can't recall that right off hand, so if someone can show me, it would be most appreciated. smile

http://img42.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=96644_ff6_122_134lo.JPG

ultimatethor
Imo it is because that Galactus for some reason they what happened during the Black Celestial Act, Galactus is maybe fearing that it would happen again him becoming a "tool" for another being which when it has occured have maked Galactus rather angry and as said before Galactus has faced far more powerful beings then Tiamut without fear but he fears Tiamut, that doesn't make sens to me.

You are mine too Guy big grin

Yes he did with something that resembles a planetdestroying attack, Beta Ray Bill Thor equal in strength used a combined Fly and Hit against Galactus (in previous series Beta had destroyed Planets with both a hit and by flying into them) he combines it and it makes only a small crack in the armor of Galactus says something about Galactus durability in comparison to one of the greatest celestial.

Agreed, Galctus has faced more powerful foes without fear. And i also think it might not have been tiamut directly that galctus feared but it might be related to what happened between them earlier

Kutulu

Nice babe! smokin'

Galan007
http://img42.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=96644_ff6_122_134lo.JPG A blonde woman? mmm

Utrigita
A blonde woman? mmm

Not exactly stick out tongue it could post one though wink

guy222
Janine FTW big grin

Kutulu
Not exactly stick out tongue it could post one though wink

Looked blond to me!

Utrigita
Looked blond to me!

huh??

I will admit that it this is some sort of joke then I doesn't get it

guy222
Alicia Silverstone

Janine>Alicia

Galan007
huh??

I will admit that it this is some sort of joke then I doesn't get it The 'scan' you posted:

Is of nothing more than a blonde woman.

Utrigita
The 'scan' you posted:

I don't understand that when I open it I get a picture of a comic Book

then one in this quote

Originally posted by Evolve
The Black Celestial.

http://img44.imagevenue.com/loc184/th_96622_ff1_122_184lo.JPG

"With a wave of his hand, destroyed the entire Shi'ar armada.

http://img5.imagevenue.com/loc216/th_96632_ff3_122_216lo.JPGhttp://img149.imagevenue.com/loc129/th_96633_ff4_122_129lo.JPG

http://img139.imagevenue.com/loc231/th_96638_ff5_122_231lo.JPG

Realized how far above the other celestials he was. Using Big G he would become a nucleus and the founder of a new universe.

http://img42.imagevenue.com/loc134/th_96644_ff6_122_134lo.JPG

Reed attempts to timeshift. But The Black Celestial can follow his timeshifts.

http://img121.imagevenue.com/loc195/th_96649_ff7_122_195lo.JPG
http://img149.imagevenue.com/loc150/th_96655_ff8_122_150lo.JPG

scan nr five is what I get when I open it.

Galan007
I know what the Black Celestial has done -- I am just curious where it says Tiamut and the Black Celestial are one in the same.

I just can't recall it, is all. smile

starlock
The 'scan' you posted:

Thats Batgirl..........Alicia Silverstone wink

Kutulu
I don't understand that when I open it I get a picture of a comic Book

then one in this quote
scan nr five is what I get when I open it.

Try clearing your browser cache files, then reload the link that you posted. What comes up is a big picture of a pretty lady (blond).

Utrigita
laughing out loud

Img was changed to view in the url laughing

Bouboumaster
Galactus

guy222
is powerful big grin

Utrigita
I know what the Black Celestial has done -- I am just curious where it says Tiamut and the Black Celestial are one in the same.

I just can't recall it, is all. smile

Well I assumed that The dreaming Celestial that manipulated Galactus on earth was the same as the Black Celestial that was after Reed Later...

Mr Master

Actually,
that scan is 616 Uatu (and the entire Watcher race)
recounting the history of the Goblin Entity in the early universe,
Goblin Entity operates on a trans-Multiversal scale,
in fact, 616 Havok is the pivotal point of the story,
Havok merges with the Nexus of all realties protected by the S-Thing,
Havok soon is harnesssing Omniversal, as in power across ALL UniverseS,
he literally erases the Goblin Entity from the entire Omniverse.

................................................................................................

Uatu speaks,

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3045/gqai8.th.jpg

................................................................................................

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9743/gq1cy0.th.jpg

"We are the Watchers,
we observe,
we Know that which the Goblin Entity is capable of,

We were there,
at the Birth of The Universe,
and witnessed the Goblin Entity begin,

watched as the blight of the Goblin Entity spread across the ever expanding Universe,

and threat Creation itself"

Mr Master

I can't recall that right off hand, so if someone can show me,
it would be most appreciated.
Absolutely brother G. smile

Taimut is the Dreaming Celestial,
who was once greatest amongst his peers,
but was later ultimately banished by them,
placed under a mountain where he slept then woke.

The Black Celestial is exactly that: (The Dreaming Celestial - who woke))

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9940/d1lh2.th.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/803/d2bp4.th.jpg

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6898/d3jp2.th.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7043/d4cg2.th.jpg

guy222
Tiamut is the greatest Celestial to stride the cosmos

Galan007
He's a big fella too, . smile

guy222
Agreed, good friend

Quite majestic. Be nice to see more of his powers in the Eternals series in June

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/guy222_photos/08.jpg

psycho gundam
first it was believed that his crime was the creation of the skrulls(which was a crime indeed) then in later stories, the crime was revealed to be the murder of another celestial.

if the later is true, all of the second host combined could not or would not destroy tiamut, whereas he could or would freely destroy another celestial by himself. he is indeed the most powerful.

Bouboumaster
is powerful big grin smile

guy222
Take care, friend

I have an emergency. Leaving work

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.